Author Topic: Re: DC TRAINING  (Read 6865 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: DC TRAINING
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »

without resorting to google..how about you let me know what you know about making a muscle grow?

im not tryign to flame you at all..but you dismissing any benefit on hypertrophy that 'the pump' or muscular fatigue might have is just rediculous.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:26:53 PM »
What he's saying Candi is that getting a good pump does not mean you are causing hypertrophy or at least the most optimal hypertrophy, same way with fatiguing the muscle, you don't have to fatigue the muscle to get it to grow.  You need to experiment to see what rep range you get the most growth from because everyone is different.  Pump and fatigue do not mean growth, that's all.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:51:50 AM »
without resorting to google..how about you let me know what you know about making a muscle grow?

im not tryign to flame you at all..but you dismissing any benefit on hypertrophy that 'the pump' or muscular fatigue might have is just rediculous.

allow me to answer your request with a request.

how about you let me know what YOU know. not what you've READ, but what you KNOW. you can read gray's anatomy all day but that doesn't mean you're a surgeon. what do you actually KNOW about making muscles grow?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 06:42:46 AM »
allow me to answer your request with a request.

how about you let me know what YOU know. not what you've READ, but what you KNOW. you can read gray's anatomy all day but that doesn't mean you're a surgeon. what do you actually KNOW about making muscles grow?
well, how can you know anythign with out learning it first? saying "not what youve read" eliminates ALL knowledge that is actually worth something...     however, i can still answer... i 'know' what anybody who has ever lifted a weight before 'knows'..that if you lift weights and cause stress, the muscle(s) involved grows larger, grows stronger.     thats all ANYBODY can 'know' on the subject, BRO.

now how about , instead of skirting the question, you fill me in on what makes a muscle ggrow on the cellular level.

hint...   dish network  ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »
you're trying to make yourself smarter by clouding the issue with irrelevant bits of data. i can teach someone how to drive a stick-shift without knowing the exact mechanisms by which the clutch interacts with the gears, and I can tell you how to get a suntan without having a grasp of what happens to the cells when hit with UV rays.

your problem is that you think that because you've read things (cute that you wanted to preclude "the google" but that's how you've garnered what you "know"), that means you know what you're talking about. you're the equivalent of an armchair quarterback who thinks that because he's watched every football game for the last 20 years and has read books on game strategy that you can tell a player how to do his job. it don't work that way.

the thing is, you are an avid weightlifter. you talk about how hard you diet, how you almost never veer, etc. and yet, despite "knowing" more than anyone else on the subject, despite having a spotless diet and "perfect" training, you don't look like you lift weights.

clearly, there is a big fat hole in your knowledge. frankly, knowing the exact details about microtears in muscle fiber and from whence they repair and grow is unimportant because that's looking at the wrong area. if i know method A makes muscles grow but method B doesn't, from my perspective the "why" is irrelevant, i just need to find the right method.

i'd suggest you do the same, BRO. ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 09:19:13 AM »
hahahaha

i love you too baby

now why dont you actually try to answer the question, BRO

;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 09:22:39 AM »
dude, you're not getting it. let's look at the facts.

1) you apparently know how muscles grow on the cellular level; i do not and readily admit this.

2) despite "knowing more than me", you have been completely unable to put your "knowledge" to any use, casting serious doubt as to how pertinent that information is, while ignorant old me has figured out a thing or two about training.

no flame, just reality. i neither know the answer to that question nor care. now, if you can tell me, BRO, how that matters (i.e. astound me with your dazzling knowledge on the subject) and simultaneously justify why YOU haven't been able to yield the fruits of your genius, then i will admit defeat in this little battle of wits.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:25:04 AM »
yes yes i already told i love you too , hotstuff  :-*

nwo stop with all the flirting and let me know what happens when you train that causes and increase in protein synthesis/hypertophy

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »
Ok...
what didn't work for me - arm days, 4-6 normal sets, doing the same, isolation movements,training 4-5 times a week, high carb, low fat

what's been working so far - compound movements + log, 2-3 times a week training, lots of fat, moderate protein, carbs only from veggies

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 10:17:52 AM »
i can get a pump off pressups doesnt mean i am growing.

I tried the high reps 8-16 reps etc for chest. never worked.

what does work for me is 5x5 on compound movements and slighty higher reps on other major exercises. then at the end of workout i just do 'pumpy' shit like cable crossovers bench dips etc.

i also so so so strongly and firmly believe that you should never ever train to failure

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »
Uhh....I'm sure he's just aching to go on here and type out everything he believes and knows about training to secure your trust in his methods. 
Why spend months writing a book when you can do it all here on demand for an acne scared douche without the education to understand a word of it? 

Maybe candizzle can let us know how "the pump" facilitates muscle growth.  I'd prefer specific differentiation between cross sectional area and actual tissue originating from germ cells while during the embryotic stage.....but I'll take anything. 
Actually I probably won't read it, just go back to the anti-jamie eason girl in the 18 and over section for another staring contest.

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »
you're trying to make yourself smarter by clouding the issue with irrelevant bits of data. i can teach someone how to drive a stick-shift without knowing the exact mechanisms by which the clutch interacts with the gears, and I can tell you how to get a suntan without having a grasp of what happens to the cells when hit with UV rays.

your problem is that you think that because you've read things (cute that you wanted to preclude "the google" but that's how you've garnered what you "know"), that means you know what you're talking about. you're the equivalent of an armchair quarterback who thinks that because he's watched every football game for the last 20 years and has read books on game strategy that you can tell a player how to do his job. it don't work that way.

the thing is, you are an avid weightlifter. you talk about how hard you diet, how you almost never veer, etc. and yet, despite "knowing" more than anyone else on the subject, despite having a spotless diet and "perfect" training, you don't look like you lift weights.

clearly, there is a big fat hole in your knowledge. frankly, knowing the exact details about microtears in muscle fiber and from whence they repair and grow is unimportant because that's looking at the wrong area. if i know method A makes muscles grow but method B doesn't, from my perspective the "why" is irrelevant, i just need to find the right method.

hahahaha

i love you too baby

now why dont you actually try to answer the question, BRO

;D

Epic avoidance of zach's post.

Good job.

Dizzle you are a good kid and all but a lot of times you answer posts from just cut and paste info from the internet....things like juice use etc.

If you can't bench 400 lbs how can you tell someone how to get there? Same with being say 240 lbs at 8% ?

let it go doggcrapp training works

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »
there are many method and process for stimulating and maximizing hypertrohy.

Volume vs HIT , and there are many variations on these schools of thought. The only question is which one works best for you. Since we all have different agendas and timeframe to accomplish these agendas it would be fool hearty to advocate only 1.

also different body part respond differently to different training methods, most people that train for a couple of years eventually come to these conclusions

Dante is the businesss of making money from his training method this bias cannot and should not be ignored.
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 11:10:02 AM »

Epic avoidance of zach's post.

Good job.

Dizzle you are a good kid and all but a lot of times you answer posts from just cut and paste info from the internet....things like juice use etc.

If you can't bench 400 lbs how can you tell someone how to get there? Same with being say 240 lbs at 8% ?

let it go doggcrapp training works

ofcourse DC works! over load a muscle group and repeat the process in a short time period..why wouldn't it? hasn't this been around for years?  :-\
I

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
Re: Re: DC TRAINING
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »

x2.  Watching The Apprentice doesn't make me Donald Trump, either.  Candi has yet to show the ability to apply anything he knows into meaningful, measurable results.

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »

Dante is the businesss of making money from his training method this bias cannot and should not be ignored.
Really? he trains very few people now and for the past years.....only elite level guys...advanced...
He could make 100000 a year or more training people if he took on all the people that wanted them to train them...never seen him push people on training in fact he tells most that inquire to "try something else"

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 11:28:02 AM »
I have read a lot of scientific stuff on hypertrophy, the all conclude the same, fatigue is necessary, pump is necessary, VOLUME is necessary. That's for the research.
Back to real life: the mere fact that stuff like mentzers HD, DC training and all the other low volume training actually works says a lot about the validity of the research that clearly states that low volume can not work in theory

This is along the lines of the debate between philosophers and hard positive scientist: what is more real? The music you hear playing or the pressure differences in air that produce the music. A living human being hears music (=sound), not miniscule differences in air pressure

Am I saying science is useless? Not at all, but it must not be seen as the absolute be all end all of things, as any real scientist will also tell you

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 12:13:56 PM »
yes yes i already told i love you too , hotstuff  :-*

nwo stop with all the flirting and let me know what happens when you train that causes and increase in protein synthesis/hypertophy

::)

this, my friends, is what "i look like a fool but want to pretend like i don't" looks like. sorry candy, you look like an even bigger fool talking about training than you do talking about drugs.

you had to take drugs to lose weight, now you're using drugs to gain muscle. you don't know shit about shit and are trying to cover it by playing "expert" and spouting scientific mumbo-jumbo.

let's put it simply: if i'm confronted by two guys, one of whom has gotten nowhere with muscle-building despite eons of trying and one of whom has added 50-60 pounds of muscle to his frame, i don't really care who knows more about protein synthesis and the difference between hypertrophy and hyperplasia, i'm gonna take tips from the second guy.

thanks for playing. :)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:17 PM »
::)

this, my friends, is what "i look like a fool but want to pretend like i don't" looks like. sorry candy, you look like an even bigger fool talking about training than you do talking about drugs.

you had to take drugs to lose weight, now you're using drugs to gain muscle. you don't know shit about shit and are trying to cover it by playing "expert" and spouting scientific mumbo-jumbo.

let's put it simply: if i'm confronted by two guys, one of whom has gotten nowhere with muscle-building despite eons of trying and one of whom has added 50-60 pounds of muscle to his frame, i don't really care who knows more about protein synthesis and the difference between hypertrophy and hyperplasia, i'm gonna take tips from the second guy.

thanks for playing. :)

Yep - the proof is in the pudding.
A proven concept can't be beat by Houdini-"science".

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 01:43:11 PM »
my protein synthesis is the shit ;D
A

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »
Here is DC in action compliments of no one!!
Spirit of Truth

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Re: DC TRAINING
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
I have read a lot of scientific stuff on hypertrophy, the all conclude the same, fatigue is necessary, pump is necessary, VOLUME is necessary. That's for the research.

Where did you read that pump is necessary? And what constitutes a pump?

I say tension overload, metabolic fatigue (via volume).

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 02:04:39 PM »
I grow far better from multiple sets of low reps heavy weight. say 10 sets of 5 rather than 5 sets of 10.

its all about progressive overload....well for natties imo anyway.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 02:06:04 PM »
I grow far better from multiple sets of low reps heavy weight. say 10 sets of 5 rather than 5 sets of 10.

its all about progressive overload....well for natties imo anyway.

same here. only time i do high-rep is on assistance moves just to avoid beating up my joints too much. sets of 3-5 on bench and close-grip made my triceps blow up way more than giant sets of kickbacks and extensions ever did.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »
my last chest day for example was this

bench 5x5
inclines 5x5
close grips 3x5
weighted dips 3x5

then....

pushowns 3x16