Author Topic: McCain Clinches Presidency  (Read 4350 times)

The Coach

Re: McCain Clinches Presidency
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
mahmoud ahmadinejad. you got the first name wrong, too. he never said "wiped off the map", he said the "zionist regime would be erased from the pages of history", which is entirely different.

you are both ignorant and willfully so. i am genuinely disappointed that when people talk of the average american voter, it is you they point to and not me.

January 1, 2007 -- Defeating the terrorist insurgency in Iraq - despite the inability of the na tion's warring political factions to unify into a coherent, stable and functioning national government - remains America's immediate global problem this New Year's Day.

But there's even more trouble on the horizon: All signs point to Iran as the world's next big flashpoint.

What once was seen as mere bluster from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - declaring the Holocaust never happened; threatening to wipe Israel off the face of the map; vowing to build a nuclear arsenal - is now viewed as a concrete threat. For good reason: Iran is making its presence felt on Mideast battlefields.

* Iranian military officers have been apprehended in Iraq, plotting attacks against the U.S.-backed government.

* Iran continues to exert a destabilizing influence in both Syria and Lebanon through its puppet strike force, Hezbollah, which battled Israel to a virtual draw in Lebanon last summer thanks to a stockpile of Iranian weaponry.

* Since the toppling of the Taliban by U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan, Iran has funded Shiite schools and former warlords with ties to Iranian intelligence; it also is bombarding Afghanistan's airwaves with anti-American propaganda.

* The Iranians reportedly are recruiting operatives who could strike at U.S. targets; just last week, the interpreter for NATO's commander in Iraq was arrested for spying for Tehran.

Iran finds itself, for the first time, facing U.N. sanctions - however weak - on its nuclear threat. Though seemingly watered down to the point of irrelevancy, there is at least the prospect that, in the months ahead, Western governments might act forcefully - without waiting for approval from Russia and China - to squeeze Tehran further economically.

As The Times of London noted, Iran is vulnerable on this score. Its oil industry is in trouble, with exports falling by 10 percent a year. And recent election results suggest the Iranian populace is wary of Ahmadinejad's penchant for heightened conflict with the West.

What does this have to do with Iraq?

Just this: A precipitate withdrawal of U.S.-led forces from Baghdad, as increasingly demanded by President Bush's critics, would hamstring any meaningful effort to meet this challenge head-on.

True, the most recent Security Council sanctions resolution specifically takes military action against Iran off the table.

But the continued presence of U.S. troops in the region - actively attempting to bolster the nascent democratic governments of Iraq and Afghanistan - sends a clear message that America will remain engaged in the region.

The threat to global security is too serious and immediate for the U.S. to wash its hands and withdraw. Pulling out of Iraq will not solve the growing problems in Iraq and Iran, as congressional Democrats increasingly suggest.

On the contrary - it would only make them worse.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01012007/postopinion/editorials/iran_on_the_horizon_editorials_.htm

Magoo, before you go calling me names and saying I need to educate myself, I can usually back my article sources and 9 times out of ten back what I say.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
Joe,

We're not leaving Iraq.

All 3 candidates have said that troops will remain in Iraq to protect the oil, the bases, and to bomb the hsit out of anything resembling an al-Q base.  This is not debatable.

The dems will turn over the bloody street fighting to the iraqis sooner.
Mccain prefers our troops do it.

The Coach

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 06:16:54 PM »
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: While in the Middle East this week, the former worst president of the United States in our lifetimes and maybe ever, Jimmy Carter, has generated some press for his efforts to befriend Hamas. For those of you in Rio Linda, Hamas is an Islamic terrorist group. Israel said, "Please don't do this." The United States said, "Mr. Carter, please don't do this." Jimmy Carter is playing the role of communicator, as he calls it, gathering information from Hamas and Syrian leaders to then relay to the leaders of the United States. In essence, he has appointed himself a one-man state department that nobody asked for, that nobody wants, and that nobody is going to listen to besides these terrorist leaders. The whole world knows what Hamas wants. They've said so. They want the destruction of Israel. Hamas has not changed that view, which is why they're outcasts in the civilized world. Now, adding insult to stupidity, Carter did something that no American head of state has ever done. He was in Ramallah. He paid a visit to the grave of Yasser Arafat, and he laid a wreath of red roses at the grave of Yasser Arafat.

Now, Jimmy Carter was perhaps the most inept president of the twentieth century, a man whose failures in the Middle East led to his political downfall. It haunts us to this day. His tribute to Arafat, whose name will be forever associated with terrorism, is a fitting reminder of Jimmy Carter's misguided, irresponsible liberal leadership, and it's also timely, as two equally inept liberals, Hillary and Obama, fight it out to step into his shoes. Elections matter, they really do, folks, we say this a lot. We elected Jimmy Carter 32 years ago. Stop and think, 32 years ago, and he's still causing trouble! He's still causing havoc. He'd have been better off if he was still hammering nails at Habitat for Humanity. But you know why he's not? I'll tell you why he's not. It was the Richard Nixon funeral. I'll never forget the Richard Nixon funeral, little white house where Nixon was born and grew up was in the background of every shot of the podium at the funeral during the eulogies. Bill Clinton flew in. Henry Kissinger was there. Ronald Reagan was there, didn't speak. Gerald Ford, prominent US government officials, ex-presidents. They all stood up. Carter did not speak, by the way.

They all stood up, and at the end of that funeral, you would have thought that Richard Nixon was George Washington and Abraham Lincoln combined. They had camera shots of Jimmy Carter and the lovely and gracious Rosalyn Carter sitting next to him with the looks of utter shock on their face as they're listening to all this, because, to them, and most Democrats, Richard Nixon was the devil. He was Satan. He was Beelzebub, he was the worst thing that ever happened. Here he was being lionized as one of the greatest presidents ever, he opened China, he did so many great things, and you could just see Rosalyn sitting there fuming because she's sitting next to this schlub who's pounding nails and he's doing nothing else.

He's an ex-president, and she's elbowing, (doing impression) "See, this is what happens when you're pounding nails. You gotta get out there and you gotta make something of yourself. You gotta go around the world, hammer nails around the world, hate this country, do whatever and they'll love you, but I can't believe they're saying these things about Nixon." That didn't happen at the funeral but I know when they left, when they got back to their hotel room, you just know that Rosalyn unloaded. She's as active as Carter is. She just doesn't do it publicly. She is no shrinking violet. She was no housewife. She was right in there with the cattle prod behind Carter, nobody could see it, but I'm telling you, so she's sitting there, she's jabbing, (doing impression) "Look, Jimmy, do you believe what we just saw? Richard Nixon, the scum of the earth, had been lionized as one of the greatest presidents. How do you think they're looking at you, pounding nails." So that started Carter down the path that he's now on.

Thirty-two years ago we elected this guy, and we are still paying the price. He was asked about going to see Hamas and these other little dictatorships that he visits. He actually said, "When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person, and that's the dictator, because he speaks for all the people." (laughing) Can you imagine somebody thinking a dictator speaks for all the people? President Carter, in a dictatorship, the people don't have a voice other than screaming for their lives, other than yelps of pain when they're beaten by thug police. The dictator speaks for all the people? So Carter thinks it's much more efficient to go talk to dictators. He said, "But in a democracy like Israel, there is a wide range of opinions and that counterbalances the disappointment that I have in not meeting with the people shaping Israeli power now in the government." He says, "I can't say that [Hamas] will be amenable to any suggestions, but at least after I meet with them I can go back and relay what they say, as just a communicator, to the leaders of the United States."

Jimmy, nobody sent you, and nobody's going to listen when you come back because we already know what Hamas believes. In fact, if anything, they're going to lie to Jimmy Carter, and he's going to believe the lie. He's gonna come back and say, "Hey, I got great news, these guys want to make peace," another version of Neville Chamberlain except this guy is a renegade and off the reservation. Ed Koch today in a syndicated column: "I came to know Carter well.

When he ran for reelection, he asked me to campaign for him in 1980 - I was by then Mayor of New York City - and I said that I would vote for him, but not campaign for him because he was then engaging in hostile acts towards Israel. I was popular with the Jewish community and when I would not campaign for him unless he changed his position, he called me to his hotel in New York when attending a fundraiser and said, 'You have done me more damage than any man in America.' I felt proud then, and even more today, since we now know what a miserable president he was then and the miserable human being he is now as he prepares to meet with Hamas." Ed Koch yesterday.

END TRANSCRIPT

Read the Background Material...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
nobody's reading your spam

The Coach

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »
nobody's reading your spam

I see you're voting for McCain :D!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 06:23:54 PM »
Coach meltsdown and quits getbig in

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »
Joe,

We're not leaving Iraq.

All 3 candidates have said that troops will remain in Iraq to protect the oil, the bases, and to bomb the hsit out of anything resembling an al-Q base.  This is not debatable.

The dems will turn over the bloody street fighting to the iraqis sooner.
Mccain prefers our troops do it.

Joe,

I know you said you're campaigning for McCain.  Last time I challenged you to list 5 obama lies, you did it quite well and proved your point.

Do it here, among many undecided young voters.

Don't spam transcrpts from Rush.  Tell us why you aren't worried about McCain's age.

The Coach

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »
Coach meltsdown and quits getbig in

Especially for you ;D

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.member.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 06:33:49 PM »
serve them up joe. 

don't paste it, put it in your own words.

I can't vote dem because they both just admitted they're in favor of gun control.  But I'm a 1-issue voter.

Tell us, in your own words, why Mcain is the best man for the job.  Don't tell us about hamas, about obama, carter, etc...

Tell us why mcCain is #1.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »
Joe Marino is the very definition of "sheep"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigj2k3

• Getbig II
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
osama 4 president and wright 4 vp!!

skillz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »
"The Democrats' conception of a "plan" is like the liberal fantasy that there's a room somewhere full of unlimited amounts of "free" money that we could just give to teachers and hospitals and poor people and AIDS sufferers and the homeless if only the bad, greedy Republicans would give us the key to that wonderful room. Republicans should claim the "plan" is in that room, in a lockbox."

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2008, 12:29:59 AM »
I've always voted Rep. but... The economy is the #1 issue
with the American people. From stats I've heard and anyone can correct
me if I'm wrong; the dollar has lost 50% since 2002.
If the economy is the #1 issue and McCain wants to hold to Bush's
economical plan I don't see how he can win.
Bush's approval rating is at 28% right now.
When Clinton came in office there was a huge national deficit.
When he left there was a surplus.
I think if we stick to our current economical policies we are
going to end up even worse than now. McCain is a likeable man
but it's hard to forget how prosperous the Clinton era was.
I think he (Clinton) could have accomplished even more had they (Kenneth Star & Company)
not wasted alot of time trying to bring him down.
Havn't decided yet who I'll vote for but I'm not ruleing out voting
Democrat for the first time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2008, 04:33:17 AM »
bizzy,

a lot of people feel that way.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
"The Democrats' conception of a "plan" is like the liberal fantasy that there's a room somewhere full of unlimited amounts of "free" money that we could just give to teachers and hospitals and poor people and AIDS sufferers and the homeless if only the bad, greedy Republicans would give us the key to that wonderful room. Republicans should claim the "plan" is in that room, in a lockbox."
With the money Bush and company have pissed away on the unnecessary war in Iraq, $523 billion so far, we could have just paid off every single person in Iraq for $75,000 each to join us.

The republicans are fiscally retarded and tactically deranged.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »
I just clicked on the Rev Wright's youtube video...wow, looks like he said a lot more than the 3 clips that were circulating on the news.  This guy is a racist and is extremely critical of our country.  Shame on Obama for not leaving that church.  Seems farily obvious Wright spoke like this on more than a few occasions.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »
73,000 hits = more than 1?  ???

lol at  Beeblebrox. You ever listen to the radio version? good stuff

ahmadinejad israel translation in google gets 130,000 hits. anyway, number of hits doesn't mean much. a million pages could have an urban legend posted, it's still wrong.  ;)

i actually haven't! i have the big six volume collection and played the computer game a while ago, but haven't gotten my hands on the radio. and hell i didn't think the movie was that bad either, considering it had to translate a book that had almost all of the humor in the narration.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »