Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62765 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
Is Sam Mitchell history? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2008, 08:53:08 PM »
What in the world are the Hawks doing tied with the Celtics two games a piece?   :o 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
What in the world are the Hawks doing tied with the Celtics two games a piece?   :o 

Exactly. The East is looking like how I thought the West was going to play out. Pistons tied with Philly?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2008, 09:17:03 PM »
hahahah

carmella anthony is terrible

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2008, 09:24:04 PM »
Exactly. The East is looking like how I thought the West was going to play out. Pistons tied with Philly?

I don't if the Celtics and Pistons overlooked these guys or whether they simply aren't as good as their record?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »
I don't if the Celtics and Pistons overlooked these guys or whether they simply aren't as good as their record?

I kind of think the Celts aren't built for the playoffs.

I figured it would be kind of tough for the Pistons because Philly has been playing hard all year and are just athletic enough to give a team like Detroit the fits.

That being said, it's probably a little of both.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
I kind of think the Celts aren't built for the playoffs.

I figured it would be kind of tough for the Pistons because Philly has been playing hard all year and are just athletic enough to give a team like Detroit the fits.

That being said, it's probably a little of both.

Makes sense. 

How about Howard getting 21 and 21? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »
How sweep it is.   ;D  Kobe is in a class by himself.  He fouled out Martin and Anthony.  On four series with the game on the line, he hit an off balance contested 20 footer, a three pointer, a left handed layup off a spin move to his left, and a running right hander off the glass on the right side. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2008, 10:33:03 PM »
Makes sense. 

How about Howard getting 21 and 21? 

That dude is just sick. 23 years old and just abusing people.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »
How sweep it is.   ;D  Kobe is in a class by himself.  He fouled out Martin and Anthony.  On four series with the game on the line, he hit an off balance contested 20 footer, a three pointer, a left handed layup off a spin move to his left, and a running right hander off the glass on the right side. 

I'm looking forward to the Laker/Utah matchup.

That should be a good series.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »
That dude is just sick. 23 years old and just abusing people.

Yep.  He had ten offensive rebounds.  Dennis Rodman with skills and an extra 100 pounds. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Laker/Utah matchup.

That should be a good series.

Agree.  I'm glad the Lakers don't have to face a true center yet (till the Conference finals). 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2008, 12:07:43 AM »
Love kobe, better than MJ?? hell yes..MJ has more nuthuggers, so all abuse towards me is expected, but kobe is a straight killer..

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2008, 01:09:28 AM »
\

Can you say "New England Patriots?"

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2008, 02:02:28 AM »
\

Can you say "New England Patriots?"
its a little scare, they will come back, but if they lose, that would be historic.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2008, 02:14:44 AM »
its a little scare, they will come back, but if they lose, that would be historic.

And the NY Giants were . . .  . historic also?

I'm not predicting I'm just wondering.  The "big three" consist of 3 guys who have never won ANYTHING.  Garnet came the closest and the Lakers owed him in the T-Wolves best season.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2008, 06:47:56 AM »
I notice Body88 hasn't poked his head in here about the Celtic/Hawks as of late. Wonder what his take on it is.

I watched Game 4 last night and the Hawks have some good young talent on that team with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith. Add a still in his prime Mike Bibby and they have a nice little core group.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:42 AM »
...The "big three" consist of 3 guys who have never won ANYTHING.  Granett came the closest and the Lakers owed him in the T-Wolves best season.
I know Ray's always carried a reputation as a soft player.  Sometimes he was when he played with the Bucks.  You never can fully trust pure jump shooters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2008, 08:34:18 AM »

Here is a better description:

He hit an 18-foot turnaround as the shot clock expired to give the Lakers a 90-88 lead with 5:31 to play.

Then he hit a three-pointer, a left-handed finger roll after spinning around J.R. Smith, a 21-footer, a free throw, an eight-foot running bank and two more free throws.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers29apr29,1,2794233.story

body88

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »
I notice Body88 hasn't poked his head in here about the Celtic/Hawks as of late. Wonder what his take on it is.

I watched Game 4 last night and the Hawks have some good young talent on that team with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith. Add a still in his prime Mike Bibby and they have a nice little core group.

The Celtics had a major meltdown in Atlanta. They really had to try to give up those huge leads thay had. I doubt the Celtics take the hawks lightly for the rest of the series. I'm glad they didn't sweep em, teaches them a lesson.

I am still wondering how Garnett got a technical for doing absolutly nothing, and the truth got fined 25k for making a dumb teen sign. yet kid was not fined for a blatent technical foul (that was very dangerous) the other night.

The officiating in Basketball is horrible IMO.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
Strike up the band, my Jazz are going to play some sweet music tonight!  Unfortunately I am a huge Rockets fan too but got to go with the team with the best chance this year.

Cant wait for the Lakers, in my opinion it all comes down to Boozer vs. Gasol, Kobe's going to do his thing and the Lakers really dont have anyone to guard Williams

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »

Well guys It's do or die for the suns today, If they lose will Kerr get sacked? do they get a new coach? what happens to nash? his a great point guard, but tony parker is raping him and cumming on him, Cant really diss Shaq, he knows his old and they asked for him,but his got $40M owing, i know none of us will say no to $40M so i support him. his 37 next year and will be around till his 38, he wont retire before his contracts up.

If they can trap parker, and go into a zone defense they can win, but they lapse to much.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »
Well guys It's do or die for the suns today, If they lose will Kerr get sacked? do they get a new coach? what happens to nash? his a great point guard, but tony parker is raping him and cumming on him, Cant really diss Shaq, he knows his old and they asked for him,but his got $40M owing, i know none of us will say no to $40M so i support him. his 37 next year and will be around till his 38, he wont retire before his contracts up.

If they can trap parker, and go into a zone defense they can win, but they lapse to much.

Even if they somehow pull off the impossible and win the series they go from tony parker to chris paul. :-\

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »
Even if they somehow pull off the impossible and win the series they go from tony parker to chris paul. :-\
i was thinking that, oh fuck it, amare, shaq, nash & co dont pay my bills.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
My Spurs did it.

And their reward is New Orleans  :(