Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62867 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
Tough luck Quick.  That Shaq trade helped do them in.  Time to blow up the Suns? 

Same with the Mavs.  They went from a few bad calls in the NBA Finals to losing in the first round two years in a row.  Kidd apparently wasn't the answer. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »
Tough luck Quick.  That Shaq trade helped do them in.  Time to blow up the Suns? 

Same with the Mavs.  They went from a few bad calls in the NBA Finals to losing in the first round two years in a row.  Kidd apparently wasn't the answer. 
Im convinced GM's and owners are about commercial success, rather then winning rings..what the fuck did shaq do all year..sell more jerseys, get more games on T.V and more exposure....and im a shaq fan.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2008, 11:58:19 PM »

I'm a huge Shaq fan, but the trade clearly made that team worse. 

Even tonite, they played their best ball late when he was out.  The turnovers killed them, though...not sure how they made so many mental errors in the 4th.  I was hoping they'd force the Spurs to play at least one more game this round.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2008, 02:06:57 AM »

Even tonite, they played their best ball late when he was out.  The turnovers killed them, though...not sure how they made so many mental errors in the 4th.  I was hoping they'd force the Spurs to play at least one more game this round.

As did the Kidd trade in Dallas.  They get rid of Harris, a small pesky defender who can guard the Nash, Parker's, Williams, Paul's, Davis in the west, and get a old vet like kid, who even in his younger days wasn't a tough defender.  Cuban will can Avery, and take apart the Mavs, starting with Howard.  D'Antonio will be gone, as will Amare (while he still has value).  Joe Johnson leaving looks to have been a smart career move, now.  I don't see Karl lasting in Enver either.  Seeya AI, seeya Kenyon.  Shaq isn't tradable with that salary. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2008, 02:21:25 AM »
As did the Kidd trade in Dallas.  They get rid of Harris, a small pesky defender who can guard the Nash, Parker's, Williams, Paul's, Davis in the west, and get a old vet like kid, who even in his younger days wasn't a tough defender.  Cuban will can Avery, and take apart the Mavs, starting with Howard.  D'Antonio will be gone, as will Amare (while he still has value).  Joe Johnson leaving looks to have been a smart career move, now.  I don't see Karl lasting in Enver either.  Seeya AI, seeya Kenyon.  Shaq isn't tradable with that salary. 

I knew Enver would be finished since the Iverson trade, and carmelo is one dimensional, all he does is post up on the right block with that gay fadeaway and he misses layups, teams know how to isolate him and he dont make anyone better, as for shaq, he should really retire, these figures will destroy the legacy, he was a monster in orlando and L.A, the good thing with the NBA is your always remembered for your best years, like Jordan, he was fucked with the wizards in the last year.

Any how i hope Kobe wins the ring this year.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »

Back when Shaq was a monster, one could live with 45% free throw shooting because he was a force of nature in the paint which altered the flow of the game and commnded double and triple teams on the offensive end (and still would score over 30 plus in the playoffs).

Now, you get around 14 points and nine rebounds (sounds like Shawn Marion type stats) AND 9 OF 20 free throw shooting.  It's no longer worth it.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »
Back when Shaq was a monster, one could live with 45% free throw shooting because he was a force of nature in the paint which altered the flow of the game and commnded double and triple teams on the offensive end (and still would score over 30 plus in the playoffs).

Now, you get around 14 points and nine rebounds (sounds like Shawn Marion type stats) AND 9 OF 20 free throw shooting.  It's no longer worth it.

the thing with shaq is his to proud to accept a buyout but he will let opposing defenses maul him, shaq needs to be a back up centre for dwight howard.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2008, 06:14:29 AM »
How 'bout them Wizards forcing game 6 on the road last night!

Ain't dead yet--time to force a game 7 in DC!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »
the thing with shaq is his to proud to accept a buyout but he will let opposing defenses maul him, shaq needs to be a back up centre for dwight howard.

That's an excellent idea for Shaq

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2008, 10:49:23 AM »
How 'bout them Wizards forcing game 6 on the road last night!

Ain't dead yet--time to force a game 7 in DC!

Without Arenas. 

King James isn't really a closer, yet. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2008, 10:55:30 AM »
They're better off without Arenas. Rushing him into the lineup just 10 games left in the regular season hurt their chemistry for the playoffs.

I think Arenas knows this and voluntarily took himself out of the lineup. He should not have been the guy taking that three point shot to try to tie at the end of game 4. His knee is still obviously bothering him and he had no lift on his shot. He may never be the same player he once was before the injury.

Arenas may have played his last game as a Wizard. He will definitely opt out of his contract when the season is over.

I really like the Wizards chances now to pull off the upset. I really do.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2008, 09:28:35 AM »

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2008, 08:16:41 AM »
Here come the jazz baby!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »
Got one word for the Celtics......

OVERRATED.

If you can't win a road game against the worst team in the playoffs and close out a series, then how do you think your team will fare against better competition in the next round???

Embarrassing loss by the Celtics against the Hawks in game 6. Just embarrassing. Granted, they'll most likely win game 7 at home but holy shit......7 game series against the #8 seed?? ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »
Here come the jazz baby!!

Should be a good series.  The Jazz are a good team. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2008, 08:46:36 AM »
Got one word for the Celtics......

OVERRATED.

If you can't win a road game against the worst team in the playoffs and close out a series, then how do you think your team will fare against better competition in the next round???

Embarrassing loss by the Celtics against the Hawks in game 6. Just embarrassing. Granted, they'll most likely win game 7 at home but holy shit......7 game series against the #8 seed?? ::)

I'm really surprised by this.  Although the Hawks have some great young talent and I'm wondering why they didn't win more games in the regular season, I agree Boston should have closed them out.  Should have swept them actually.  I think they probably win game 7, but they will have trouble with Detroit in the conference finals and with the Spurs, Lakers, or Hornets in the finals. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »
Should be a good series.  The Jazz are a good team. 

Good team, yes but very vulnerable playing on the road. Great at home, horrible on the road.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2008, 09:23:38 AM »
Good team, yes but very vulnerable playing on the road. Great at home, horrible on the road.

True:  37-4 at home and 17-24 on the road.  :o  Lakers beat them in Utah this year. 

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
I'm really surprised by this.  Although the Hawks have some great young talent and I'm wondering why they didn't win more games in the regular season, I agree Boston should have closed them out.  Should have swept them actually.  I think they probably win game 7, but they will have trouble with Detroit in the conference finals and with the Spurs, Lakers, or Hornets in the finals. 

Boston should win the series, however I saw a couple of those games and Atlanta is playing like they are favored to win.  Usually when an underdog team plays you see the old "play like you have nothing to lose" style, which sometimes works but usually leads to mistakes.  Atlanta however looks confident that they can beat Boston, I wouldnt be too terribly surprised if they pull of the upset.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »
Anyone else disagree with Cuban firing Johnson?  As if the Mavs had a championship team this year.   ::)  They just fired a coach who was winning about 60 games a year.  Granted they fell in the first round the past two years, but had the refs not given D-Whistle the Michael Jordan treatment a few years ago, they'd have a ring.  They need a big man to compete for a championship, particularly with Bynum, Oden, and Yao coming back next year.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
Boston should win the series, however I saw a couple of those games and Atlanta is playing like they are favored to win.  Usually when an underdog team plays you see the old "play like you have nothing to lose" style, which sometimes works but usually leads to mistakes.  Atlanta however looks confident that they can beat Boston, I wouldnt be too terribly surprised if they pull of the upset.

We'll see.  All three Boston wins have been blowouts. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
Plus, Boston's core of best players in Garnett, Pierce, and Allen are all past the age of 30. This seven game series is going to leave them gassed when they play Cleveland, who shut out their series with the Wiz last night. Garnett plays a lot of minutes anyway and is still very much in his prime but they're going to be weary in the next series against the Cavs.

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »
Anyone else disagree with Cuban firing Johnson?  As if the Mavs had a championship team this year.   ::)  They just fired a coach who was winning about 60 games a year.  Granted they fell in the first round the past two years, but had the refs not given D-Whistle the Michael Jordan treatment a few years ago, they'd have a ring.  They need a big man to compete for a championship, particularly with Bynum, Oden, and Yao coming back next year.  

Cuban is an idiot, one of the ichiest trigger fingers in the league. Avery is a good coach who had to work with an entirely new point gaurd with like 20 games to go, what do you expect?  I wonder how many championsips they have if they never got rid of Nash.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »
Cuban is an idiot, one of the ichiest trigger fingers in the league. Avery is a good coach who had to work with an entirely new point gaurd with like 20 games to go, what do you expect?  I wonder how many championsips they have if they never got rid of Nash.

Yep.  Should have kept Nash. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
 I wonder how many championsips they have if they never got rid of Nash.

Answer: The same amount of championships the Suns had with Nash = 0.