Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62293 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #675 on: June 18, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »
No. i was pushing for the Celts. just think it speaks about someones character to use those words during a championship moment like that. if KG did say that i mean, i didnt hear it myself. but i dont think Bill Russel or the Cheif would have said that.
regardless though im glad Pierce, Allen, KG, and PJ got their rings.
cant stand Kobe, though he is great offensively.
give him a break, his was dying to win a championship, and he finally did..Kobe still needs to prove to the world he can get a ring without shaq..

body88

« Reply #676 on: June 18, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »
No. i was pushing for the Celts. just think it speaks about someones character to use those words during a championship moment like that. if KG did say that i mean, i didnt hear it myself. but i dont think Bill Russel or the Cheif would have said that.
regardless though im glad Pierce, Allen, KG, and PJ got their rings.
cant stand Kobe, though he is great offensively.

I know what you are saying, but I gave him a pass because it was such an emotional moment. He made a mistake, and compared to some other athletes, he is a pretty good guy. Does a lot for the community, and cares for his teammates. I know he came off as an idiot, but I think he was happy to prove the haters wrong. If this was a regular issue I would argee with you.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #677 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:33 PM »

I know what you are saying, but I gave him a pass because it was such an emotional moment. He made a mistake, and compared to some other athletes, he is a pretty good guy. Does a lot for the community, and cares for his teammates. I know he came off as an idiot, but I think he was happy to prove the haters wrong. If this was a regular issue I would argee with you.
He definitely came across as a team player this year something he couldnt show in Minn. and yeah it was a highly emotional moment for him to say the least, esp. being that he was a Celt and won the champ.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #678 on: June 25, 2008, 07:55:22 AM »
Props to the Celtics.  They were the better team. 

I'm proud of my Lakers.  Came within two games of a championship.  I think they win it all next year with a healthy Bynum. 

There is talk of Artest opting out.  I think he would be better at the 3 than Odom. 

body88

« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2008, 10:14:08 AM »
Props to the Celtics.  They were the better team. 

I'm proud of my Lakers.  Came within two games of a championship.  I think they win it all next year with a healthy Bynum. 

There is talk of Artest opting out.  I think he would be better at the 3 than Odom. 

There are rumors that Boston might go after him also...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
There are rumors that Boston might go after him also...

I hope not. 

Not sure how Doc would handle a head case.  Phil has already shown he can work with them (Rodman). 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
Artest to the Celtics? Ain't happening. What position would he play? Pierce already plays the 3 and KG plays the 4. If Artest opts out, he will command 10 million+/year money. I don't see the Celtics paying that kind of money to a bench player/6th man with so much money tied into the big three.

I think Artest goes to the Lakers in exchange for Odom in a package deal. Way better fit with the Lakers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »
I think I read Artest may play for $5 mil a year?  Would make sense if he goes to a contender. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »
I think I read Artest may play for $5 mil a year?  Would make sense if he goes to a contender. 

Not a chance in hell he plays for 5 mil/year. He's in the prime of his career at 28 and he'll be looking to cash in on that one last big money contract.

He can still go to the Lakers for 10+ mil/ year. Shit, soft as cookie dough Lamar Odom earns at least 12 million yearly or something ridiculous like that. One salary in exchange for another, Simple as that.

If I were Mitch Kupchak, I'd ask Sacramento what it would take to trade for Artest. His presence would take LA to another level, defensively. The Lakers are a finesse team that got pushed around in the finals. Artest would make a huge difference.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »

Not a chance in hell he plays for 5 mil/year. He's in the prime of his career at 28 and he'll be looking to cash in on that one last big money contract.

He can still go to the Lakers for 10+ mil/ year. Shit, soft as cookie dough Lamar Odom earns at least 12 million yearly or something ridiculous like that. One salary in exchange for another, Simple as that.

I'm not certain, but I think that only happens with a trade, because Odom is under contract this year?  The Lakers couldn't just trade Odom somewhere else unless they take back salary and they're at the cap already. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
I'm not certain, but I think that only happens with a trade, because Odom is under contract this year?  The Lakers couldn't just trade Odom somewhere else unless they take back salary and they're at the cap already. 

That's why I said they would have to trade Odom and maybe another player to the Kings in order to land Artest and the potential contract he would command. Artest would have to agree not to opt out prior to the trade. He would opt out after the Lakers land him and sign to a new contract with the Lakers. It would all be pre-arranged, of course.

body88

« Reply #686 on: June 26, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
Artest said he would never consider playing at a reduced salary for a contender, today in print....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #687 on: June 26, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
Artest said he would never consider playing at a reduced salary for a contender, today in print....

YEAH...as a STARTER. For the Celtics, he would come off the bench. Money talks. The guy's in his prime and he wants to get paid while the window is open.

Body88, how can he play for the Celtics? What position? He wouldn't be able to start with Pierce and KG playing at the 3 and 4. Artest coming off the bench?? He would be a lot less effective in that kind of role. Plus, he's too good not to start. The Lakers are a better fit for him. They need his toughness and defense. The Celtics have enough of that on their own.

Just enjoy your championship and stop with the nonsense. ;)

body88

« Reply #688 on: June 26, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
YEAH...as a STARTER. For the Celtics, he would come off the bench. Money talks. The guy's in his prime and he wants to get paid while the window is open.

Body88, how can he play for the Celtics? What position? He wouldn't be able to start with Pierce and KG playing at the 3 and 4. Artest coming off the bench?? He would be a lot less effective in that kind of role. Plus, he's too good not to start. The Lakers are a better fit for him. They need his toughness and defense. The Celtics have enough of that on their own.

Just enjoy your championship and stop with the nonsense. ;)

No idea how my comment about Artest saying he would never consider a discount to pat for a contender has to do with the Celtics, I never said he would play here for a discount. I'm not the one who said the Celtics might go after Artest, I heard it from the media, and just reported it here.

Posey is going to get paid, so it wont happen, just reporting on what I heard.

body88

« Reply #689 on: June 26, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »
No idea how my comment about Artest saying he would never consider a discount to pat for a contender has to do with the Celtics, I never said he would play here for a discount. I'm not the one who said the Celtics might go after Artest, I heard it from the media, and just reported it here.

Posey is going to get paid, so it wont happen, just reporting on what I heard.

Boston was ranked the worst city for traffic a few years back....its not as bad as LA now -( big dig), but its pretty ridiculous. Takes me 1 hour to drive 4 miles on the highway, back into the city, after work.

Boston is a very historic city, with tons of one ways, and it's not on a grid. I think the fans Atheist is referring to are the transplants, and stars...not to mention, Cali is very laid back. There are a lot of hard core LA fans, but also a large portion of people who have no idea about the history of their great franchise.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #690 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »

Odom to Miami for Marion.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #691 on: June 27, 2008, 12:04:30 AM »
they are shopping odom, and it has been said that riles always like him. would you guys consider him a bust for where he was drafted? wherever that was.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: June 27, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »
Boston was ranked the worst city for traffic a few years back....its not as bad as LA now -( big dig), but its pretty ridiculous. Takes me 1 hour to drive 4 miles on the highway, back into the city, after work.

Boston is a very historic city, with tons of one ways, and it's not on a grid. I think the fans Atheist is referring to are the transplants, and stars...not to mention, Cali is very laid back. There are a lot of hard core LA fans, but also a large portion of people who have no idea about the history of their great franchise.

Ugh. tell me about it. Back in 2001-2002, the highway (by the fleet center) was undergoing construction and it was miserable driving in and out of the city.

I had a buddy who worked in the Prudential building and it was hell getting there sometimes during the day.

Hey Body88--ever go to Avalon nightclub? Saw John Digweed there one night, years ago.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: June 27, 2008, 08:42:09 AM »

That would be a great trade for L.A., but I can't imagine why Miami would do it, unless Marion plans to opt out and walk.

body88

« Reply #694 on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:46 AM »
they are shopping odom, and it has been said that riles always like him. would you guys consider him a bust for where he was drafted? wherever that was.

Yes, I know the group that owned Avalon.... I used to be in the nightclub industry.

The traffic you where talking about was the destruction of the southern artery - ( part of the big dig project).... It was hell on earth, but the results are breathtaking. The new parks on the waterfront are amazing.

Take a vacation out here if you can, stay at the nine zero hotel.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: June 27, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »
Yes, I know the group that owned Avalon.... I used to be in the nightclub industry.

The traffic you where talking about was the destruction of the southern artery - ( part of the big dig project).... It was hell on earth, but the results are breathtaking. The new parks on the waterfront are amazing.

Take a vacation out here if you can, stay at the nine zero hotel.

Thanks for the recommendation, chief. Have a good one.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #696 on: June 27, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
i had to read that 3 times, i thought it was ODEN..