Author Topic: bodybuilding IS a sport  (Read 4756 times)

Moosejay

Re: bodybuilding IS a sport
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2008, 10:48:12 PM »
again ask jay or dillet

according to the judges ronnie easily won the 2002 olympia until Mr. Levrone put on a routine that seems to be talked about more than any other routine over the past 10 years

E

I have talked at length with Katz and Gaspari, two of the only pro IFBB guys who have judged the Olympia...and they have stated that posing does nothing to enhance placings.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »
no bodybuilder is tested on how awesomely he can hold a pose for 10 sec ;D

you're using some vague definition, no one else agrees with it. I won't try to convince u anymore so u can think what u want... though the thought of bodybuilders being athletes is hilarious ;D

wrong, they are

the IOC agrees with me and the dictionary agrees with me and both are greater than you :-*

E
E

Moosejay

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
are you talking about the guys that get on stage and dance?

E

that stupid dancing bullshit I can't stand...could you imagine Arnold doing jive-ass moves like these comedians today?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2008, 10:50:28 PM »
I have talked at length with Katz and Gaspari, two of the only pro IFBB guys who have judged the Olympia...and they have stated that posing does nothing to enhance placings.

the scorecards say otherwise

oh and ask jay and paul ;)

E
E

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »
are you talking about the guys that get on stage and dance?

E

Not at all, and what I said doesn't apply to every scoresheet, as some of the best posers are indeed credited for their work, but not as much as some of the worst posers who just happen to have the best physiques. Posing and physiques aren't the same.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2008, 10:53:28 PM »
Not at all, and what I said doesn't apply to every scoresheet, as some of the best posers are indeed credited for their work, but not as much as some of the worst posers who just happen to have the best physiques. Posing and physiques aren't the same.

who has a great physique but is a terrible poser?

E
E

Moosejay

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2008, 10:53:32 PM »
Earl...entrants are more likely to speak from the position of having sour grapes.

I have judged at all levels except IFBB for close to 20 years...we have never, ever considered posing in scoring.

I consider what IFBB judges tell me...and they ain't scorin' posing either, bro.

Not to say that they shouldn't...they probably should.

But they don't.

Moosejay

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »

E

Any bb who barely hits a pose and holds it because they are too busy doing their chippendale's dancing....nothing ruins a good physique more than failing to display it

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2008, 10:57:05 PM »
Earl...entrants are more likely to speak from the position of having sour grapes.

I have judged at all levels except IFBB for close to 20 years...we have never, ever considered posing in scoring.

I consider what IFBB judges tell me...and they ain't scorin' posing either, bro.

Not to say that they shouldn't...they probably should.

But they don't.

like i said the scorecards from 2001 show that the posing rounds counted, it was all over flex magazine that entire year so it wasn't sour grapes from jay

your argument doesn't mean bodybuilding is not a sport, it means bodybuilding is seriously corrupted

why have the posing rounds if they don't count?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2008, 10:57:59 PM »
Any bb who barely hits a pose and holds it because they are too busy doing their chippendale's dancing....nothing ruins a good physique more than failing to display it

so you are agreeing with me, what ???

E
E

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »
like i said the scorecards from 2001 show that the posing rounds counted, it was all over flex magazine that entire year so it wasn't sour grapes from jay

your argument doesn't mean bodybuilding is not a sport, it means bodybuilding is seriously corrupted

why have the posing rounds if they don't count?

E

It's been SEVEN years, dude.  Let it go. :-\

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2008, 11:04:59 PM »

E

Paul Dillett in the mid 90's had a great physique, but he was never a good poser. In 2001: Orville Burke.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2008, 03:29:16 AM »
any activity that involves COMPETITIVE PHYSICAL EXERTION  is a sport

poker is not a sport

i don't see how hunting is a sport either

the rest are sports

E
According to you then Ballroom Dancing is a sport. ;D And Curling is a sport, but I doubt physical exertion applies here.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2008, 06:33:04 AM »
Yes! Bodybuilding is a sport, and if you take it seriously it can be a very demanding one...
S