Author Topic: Pres Bush will be sending out our $600 refunds TODAY  (Read 16381 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pres Bush will be sending out our $600 refunds TODAY
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »
checks start coming today.
Direct deposit to those who got their tax return direct deposit.

last 2 digits of social security # from 00 to 20 is today.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2008, 09:30:55 AM »
checks start coming today.
Direct deposit to those who got their tax return direct deposit.

last 2 digits of social security # from 00 to 20 is today.

I'm sure they won't be able to get to everyone with the last 2 digits of social security # from 00 to 20 today.

That's alot of people.

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2008, 09:31:57 AM »
my last 2 digits of social security are 63 when are mine going out
?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2008, 09:39:44 AM »
my last 2 digits of social security are 63 when are mine going out

wed i think.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2008, 09:55:41 AM »
If people use the money to pay bills, isn't that still a good thing, if they are paying bills to say for example, the telephone company?  It would be a bad thing if they pay credit cards off at the bank which ultimately fuels the Rothschilds dynasty.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »
This isn't free money. We will pay it back with next years tax's.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2008, 10:00:35 AM »
no matter how people spend the money, it boosts the economy.  Even paying off your credit card balance gives the banks more $ to put into new places. 

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
no matter how people spend the money, it boosts the economy.  Even paying off your credit card balance gives the banks more $ to put into new places. 

I suppose that is true.  Would it be accurate to state that paying the bank would be an inefficient use of the money compared to regular day-to-day spending though?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:49 AM »
It would be a bad thing if they pay credit cards off at the bank which ultimately fuels the Rothschilds dynasty.

Even paying off your credit card balance gives the banks more $ to put into new places. 

This is where my political knowledge and apathy for this sort of thing hurt me, I think.
I've got a few $$$ dollars left on my credit cards to pay off, and these checks going out are the perfect thing for me to pay them off. This frees up the rest of my money to buy whatever I want rather than (with my mentality) being "forced" to pay off the credit cards.
I would much rather pay off the credit cards now with that money, or my money if the checks didn't come, NOW than continue to pay interest on the cards and end up paying more in the end.
Forgive the ignorance, but how is this better or worse for me? :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »
I suppose that is true.  Would it be accurate to state that paying the bank would be an inefficient use of the money compared to regular day-to-day spending though?

day-to-day spending... walmart for groceries, Virgin for a new CD, firstchoice for a haircut, BP for a tank of gas... this money lets these companies pay their creditors... so the $ ends up at the banks so they can loosen credit strings due to less risk.

I don't know how to judge 'efficiency' of spending... of course paying off credit is more important because youre paying interest on it.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2008, 10:08:37 AM »
This is where my political knowledge and apathy for this sort of thing hurt me, I think.
I've got a few $$$ dollars left on my credit cards to pay off, and these checks going out are the perfect thing for me to pay them off. This frees up the rest of my money to buy whatever I want rather than (with my mentality) being "forced" to pay off the credit cards.
I would much rather pay off the credit cards now with that money, or my money if the checks didn't come, NOW than continue to pay interest on the cards and end up paying more in the end.
Forgive the ignorance, but how is this better or worse for me? :-\

If you spent $100 on shoes last month, it'll cost you $102 this month due to interest.  If you don't pay if off, it'll be $104 the next month.  (or whatever numbers)

paying off credit cards is always better.  Paying interest on $ you borrowed costs more, even if only a few bucks per month.  Of course, it's very useful, if the pleasure or profitability of having the $ early is worth it.  If you can use your credit card to buy a bucket of paint, and make $150 painting a house, then yes, the 50 cents you'll pay in interest on that paint can this month is worth it.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
Interest rates have been kept artificially low in order to keep the stock market strong. 

The side effects are inflation, loss in the dollar's value abroad, and the mortgage crisis.

So why keep lowering the interest rate?  Because somehow W. has control over the Federal Reserve. 

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2008, 10:24:07 AM »
If you spent $100 on shoes last month, it'll cost you $102 this month due to interest.  If you don't pay if off, it'll be $104 the next month.  (or whatever numbers)

paying off credit cards is always better.  Paying interest on $ you borrowed costs more, even if only a few bucks per month.  Of course, it's very useful, if the pleasure or profitability of having the $ early is worth it.  If you can use your credit card to buy a bucket of paint, and make $150 painting a house, then yes, the 50 cents you'll pay in interest on that paint can this month is worth it.

I've always been of the ilk that if you can't pay cash for it, then don't buy it. Only on bigger purchases (new guitar, supplements bought online etc...) do I use a credit card. I've also been doing this to build credit history- I have an excellent credit score, just not that long of a history.
This past summer I had some unexpected car problems that ended up costing me about $8k over the course of it all, and now I've gotten all the cards this money was put on, down to about $400 each. With my tax return and the checks being issued today, I'll pretty much have all the cards paid off.
Like what you explained above, I've always thought it was better to buy something and pay it off faster because if you pay even the small 2% on a $100, that's $2 more, and over the course of years that two bucks can really add up.
On a side note, it's scary to think that the average American has the credit card debt of 20k. :o Most people rack up a ton of charges and then it takes around 20+ years to pay the balance off because interest, they continually charge the cards and a whole host of other factors.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »

You're 100% incorrect.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
You're 100% incorrect.

Educate me.  I'm just here to learn, like everyone else :)

If 20 million Americans send $1.2 billion to Citibank this week, that doesn't allow Citi to invest that money, loosen credit restrictions, etc?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »
oh goody theyre giving us back our own money.  ::)

Fucking bush I cant wait until obama takes over

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »

If 20 million Americans send $1.2 billion to Citibank this week, that doesn't allow Citi to invest that money, loosen credit restrictions, etc?

$600.00 isn't shit. That is 3 weeks worth of gas and food. Plus we have to pay this back next year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
what are the details of paying it back?  Is it $600 in income?  Or are they going to deduct 600 from our tax return?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »

I don't have the total cost of this program (in dollars), but I know to an absolute certainty that it cost more than any benefit it could possibly bring.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2008, 06:58:35 PM »
I don't have the total cost of this program (in dollars), but I know to an absolute certainty that it cost more than any benefit it could possibly bring.

the benefit?  easy.  it stalls a major economic collapse until 5 minutes after the dems take office.  Then the repubs can blame Obama for the economy.  And you konw there are people here who will do it too.  Obama ruined the economy.  LMAO...

Moosejay

« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2008, 07:03:47 PM »
the benefit?  easy.  it stalls a major economic collapse until 5 minutes after the dems take office.  Then the repubs can blame Obama for the economy.  And you konw there are people here who will do it too.  Obama ruined the economy.  LMAO...

The economy is not ruined...not even close.

Creational fear from the liberal media.

They say 'boo' on CNN, and say, 'in these times of uncertainty'

Tell me, then, when are times CERTAIN?

Never

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »
Never

We're not near ruined, but you would have a hard time listing the tools we have at our disposal to stop this descent or return to our previous highs.

Moosejay

« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »
We're not near ruined, but you would have a hard time listing the tools we have at our disposal to stop this descent or return to our previous highs.

True.

But remember...

The DOW was up to 14000 several months ago

The media keeps using that as a benchmark

But that is unfair

The 14000 number was not real

Meaning

It was not sustained for a significant enough length of time to connote anything of actual growth or value

So, if you are referring to this as a high, I'd have to respectfully disagree.

The stock market is actually stroing and rebounding

But don't expect Neal Cavuto to tell you that

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »

Never

And there's a terrorist hiding around every corner.   ::)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2008, 04:09:40 AM »
what are the details of paying it back?  Is it $600 in income?  Or are they going to deduct 600 from our tax return?

This will work just like it did in 2002. This is just an advance on next years tax return.