Author Topic: Lenght of work out?  (Read 4225 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Lenght of work out?
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 09:04:30 PM »
hahah yeah I can understand what your saying about the squats and other exercises that are hardcore but I guess what Im saying is aimed at guys like Geo who said no one can do what they are there to do in 1 hour or 45 min which I think is crap it just depends on what your there to do there is more then one way to skin a cat!
true very true, I used to be able to get in a workout in about 45 mins to an hour and a half when i was younger and supersetted all the way through. But when I started concentrating on strength and lowered my rep range on the big exercises and stopped supersetting it makes my workouts about an hour to an hour and a half now and sometimes longer.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 12:38:02 AM »
Today i did hamstrings and back.

Took me over 30 mins just to do hams (i do them at the start) then a bit over an hour to finish off back.

So all up probably 90-100 mins or so. No way would i be able to do a back and ham workout in under an hour...
No doubt about it...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 02:14:04 AM »
I take about 1hr and 15 mins.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 06:22:03 AM »
What do you do for your hammies webcke?
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 06:45:35 AM »
What do you do for your hammies webcke?

5-6 sets of Stiff leg deadlifts and 3 or so sets of lying leg curls. Not that much really, but SLDL beat the shit out of me.

Like some people, i train hams and back together as i feel that SLDL are a good back exercise as they are a hamstring exercise. And i think any serious back workout needs some form of a deadlift in it. Also lets my leg workout (quads) be quicker and more effective.
No doubt about it...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 07:00:14 AM »
5-6 sets of Stiff leg deadlifts and 3 or so sets of lying leg curls. Not that much really, but SLDL beat the shit out of me.

Like some people, i train hams and back together as i feel that SLDL are a good back exercise as they are a hamstring exercise. And i think any serious back workout needs some form of a deadlift in it. Also lets my leg workout (quads) be quicker and more effective.
I actually agree with you there. SLDL are just as much of a back excercise. I like top deadlifts, which to me are more of partial SLDL rarther that partial deadlifts as the name would suggest.

(see, normal posts on this part of the board)

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 07:13:57 AM »
I think people fail to take take into account the time it takes to unload an load the weights onto the squats cause machines are already loaded so that halves your gym time right there. And my exercises are all machine weights apart from shoulder shrugs.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:33 AM »
whats your back and leg routines look like im just curious? If your doing BB squats, and SLDL's, hacks and another ham exercise then i seriously doubt you are done in 30 mins even 45 mins, if your doing leg presses, with leg curls and leg ext. then sure. It depends what exercises your doing and the intensity your performing them at for you aussie i think thats pretty reasonable for the exercises your doing but why no legs? Is that due to the operation?
Hmm. This week, for legs I did 3 sets of leg press drop sets to start: 8 plates for 12 reps; drop to 7 for 12; then 7&a 25lb to 6&25; 7 & 6&25; then 6& a 25 for 25 reps to finish. I then went and did 3 sets of front squats for 12 reps with 225; one set of hacks with 2 plates aside for 20 reps not locking out at top nor bottoming out - tension!. To finish, I did one set of 20 reps with that leg press thingy where the chair you sit in moves, full stack. Two sets of lying leg curls and I'm done. Takes me about an hour and I can still feel it. I use what I call the 'towel test' - I like to get deep into oxygen debt for legs and if I'm not not wiping off my face after every set, I'm not working hard enough. I will change things up next week.

For back this week: three sets hammer pull-downs; three sets hammer rows; two sets pendlay rows; two sets t-bars; two sets one arm rows; and two sets of wide pulldowns. I finished with 3 sets of behind the back smith machine shrugs (v. heavy); 3 sets dbs with a nice pause at top. The key to back is to pull back as far as possible and keep up a good pace. Obviously don't get into oxygen debt to the same extent as legs, but 'towel test' still used. Again, change it up next week. Time about 45-55 mins.       

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »

For back this week: three sets hammer pull-downs   

My gym jsut got a new hammer pulldown machine, plate loaded one, and its fucking bent, the arms come down to your right more, so you gotta sit crooked on the seat. its such a peice of shit.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 11:14:29 AM »
maybe "aussiejosh" takes 25 seconds rest between sets of 95 pound benches, squats and deadlifts, Geo. ;D

If you need more than 90 seconds between sets, you need to lower the weight, and leave your ego at home.

Otherwise you're doing strength training, and that's something else.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 12:18:46 PM »
If you need more than 90 seconds between sets, you need to lower the weight, and leave your ego at home.

the title of the thread says "length of work out" not "length of bodybuilding workout" ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »

90 secs whats your rep range? and what percentage of your max are you working with roughly?
strength is related to size as well, Ronnie said it best "everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift heavy weight"

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »
hahah yeah I can understand what your saying about the squats and other exercises that are hardcore but I guess what Im saying is aimed at guys like Geo who said no one can do what they are there to do in 1 hour or 45 min which I think is crap it just depends on what your there to do there is more then one way to skin a cat!

for the record ?

I still think you're full of shit,I think you've just read too many myths and you're just posting what you think people wanna read regardless of what you actually do....

either way I could'nt care less

;D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »

I totally disagree with that.

I train as a bb'er, yet when i do squats and deadlifts and other compound moves, i need more than 90 secs rest.

If you trained hard on the big lifts (and do them for reps, not just 1rep max) you need more than 90 secs rest.
No doubt about it...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
freespirit is pretty much right. for hypertrophy training, its recommended you have 1-2 minutes rest between sets.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »
Geo you have to be one of the biggest tools Ive ever come across I could care less if you think Im full of shit or not why the fuck would anyone come on the net an lie about the length of there work out, all your post are you being a complete fuck head  and a arrogant fool you remind me of a know it all who knows everything on every subject and everyone else is wrong. I told you my work out and my recent surgery Im there to do what I can and work out as much as I can without causing to much pain and being careful not to injure anything its called being smart and working out with your head not your ego.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 11:15:54 PM »
Geo you have to be one of the biggest tools Ive ever come across I could care less if you think Im full of shit or not why the fuck would anyone come on the net an lie about the length of there work out, all your post are you being a complete fuck head  and a arrogant fool you remind me of a know it all who knows everything on every subject and everyone else is wrong. I told you my work out and my recent surgery Im there to do what I can and work out as much as I can without causing to much pain and being careful not to injure anything its called being smart and working out with your head not your ego.

speaking of egos, you're the dipshit chasing me around like a wounded pup !

get a grip "pumper boy" !

;D

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2008, 11:32:11 PM »
If you think replying to a thread I started is chasing you around then your ego is bigger then I thought look at you "pumper boy" talking like you are 8 time Mr olympia your just another dip shit on a message board I think if anyone needs to get a hold on reality champ its you.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
I totally disagree with that.

I train as a bb'er, yet when i do squats and deadlifts and other compound moves, i need more than 90 secs rest.

If you trained hard on the big lifts (and do them for reps, not just 1rep max) you need more than 90 secs rest.

That means that you have no endurance, only strength. Two times per week running, biking or any other type of training for endurance, next to your bodybuilding, will make you the man you ever wanted to be.