Author Topic: Supreme Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage  (Read 113077 times)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: California Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage
« Reply #825 on: March 21, 2011, 06:31:40 AM »
whats unequal brain child?

youre allowed to marry anyone of the opposite sex same as I am...

Im not allowed to marry any dude just like youre not...

sounds equal to me...
which is why we have the judicial system..
yes, if you were in MA you would be allowed to marry a dude.
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #826 on: March 21, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »
Equal treatment under the law is a right accorded to all citizens via the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution.  Opponents of equality were very unhappy about that in 1868 when the Amendment was first adopted and they are unhappy about it today. ;)

Still doesn't make marriage a right, and if you are trying to equate sexual preference with skin color your fucking nuts
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #827 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34:15 AM »
Still doesn't make marriage a right, and if you are trying to equate sexual preference with skin color your fucking nuts

Or, as one black minister put it, "Don't confuse my skin with your sin!"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #828 on: March 21, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
which is why we have the judicial system..
yes, if you were in MA you would be allowed to marry a dude.

congrats but that still doesnt make it a right...

the voters can do away with gay marriage if im not mistaken...

voters cannot do away with rights...

again ill ask, where is the inequality?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #829 on: March 21, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
congrats but that still doesnt make it a right...

the voters can do away with gay marriage if im not mistaken...

voters cannot do away with rights...

again ill ask, where is the inequality?
because you can marry someone of your sexual preference and I can not.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #830 on: March 21, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »
because you can marry someone of your sexual preference and I can not.
and?

you can stare at ppl naked of your sexual preference and I cant...

you seem to be all for that...

but you dont call them special rights, right? LMFAO idiot

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #831 on: March 21, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
and?

you can stare at ppl naked of your sexual preference and I cant...

you seem to be all for that...

but you dont call them special rights, right? LMFAO idiot
equating marriage to a locker room?
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: March 21, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
equating marriage to a locker room?

Bay was trying to equate sexual preference with skin color earlier. Doesn't seem as big of a stretch
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: March 21, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
equating sexual preference to race and gender?

and im not equating anything just showing your hypocrisey and the hypocrisey of your ilk

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #834 on: March 21, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »
Bay was trying to equate sexual preference with skin color earlier. Doesn't seem as big of a stretch

I don't see where there is much of a difference between sexual preference and skin color.

Neither is controllable by the person and they are both genetic traits.

Where do you see the difference?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #835 on: March 21, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
I don't see where there is much of a difference between sexual preference and skin color.

Really, being gay is genetic? Please provide definitive proof, as I have yet to see any. I knew a guy like women had an Identical twin that was gay, explain that one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #836 on: March 21, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
Really, being gay is genetic? Please provide definitive proof, as I have yet to see any. I knew a guy like women had an Identical twin that was gay, explain that one.

There has been a lot of studies on the human brain and how homosexuality is not a choice, it's genetic... There are people on both sides of the equation.

Personally though... I do believe it's genetic.

I have 2 gay uncles... My dad's brothers... It may be a recessive gene, but I firmly believe it's genetic. Do I have some scientific evidence... Well, as much as you may have that it's not. Like I said, there's arguments on both sides... but my own empirical evidence is that it is genetic.

It may not be good enough for you, but it is for me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: March 21, 2011, 03:08:21 PM »

so is being more prone to be violent tu...

it can also be related back to genetics...

Like Ive always said when they start fighting for equal rights and not special rights, Ill jump on the band wagon.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: March 21, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »
There has been a lot of studies on the human brain and how homosexuality is not a choice, it's genetic... There are people on both sides of the equation.

Personally though... I do believe it's genetic.

I have 2 gay uncles... My dad's brothers... It may be a recessive gene, but I firmly believe it's genetic. Do I have some scientific evidence... Well, as much as you may have that it's not. Like I said, there's arguments on both sides... but my own empirical evidence is that it is genetic.

It may not be good enough for you, but it is for me.
There are alot of studies that show it has a genetic content tu, not that it is purely genetic

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #839 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »

Like Ive always said when they start fighting for equal rights and not special rights, Ill jump on the band wagon.

Yes, but violence harms innocent individuals, but homosexuality does not.

I agree with the equal rights... Always.

I do also believe that special treatment should not be allowed... However, I don't think your analogy about the locker room is exactly right.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #840 on: March 21, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »

well, then, join in!  since you can marry your preference and I can't; we are not equal. nothing special about that; just equality.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: March 21, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »
Yes, but violence harms innocent individuals, but homosexuality does not.

I agree with the equal rights... Always.

I do also believe that special treatment should not be allowed... However, I don't think your analogy about the locker room is exactly right.
agreed but in your view its the same as homosexuality, so do you think we should give those ppl who are violent a break? because after all its genetic...

LOL ppl take the locker room analogy the wrong way...my point is its not right to allow gay ppl into a position where they can legally see a person they find sexually attractive naked against that persons will.

After all this is deemed illegal for heterosexuals, so why not for homosexuals?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: March 21, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
well, then, join in!  since you can marry your preference and I can't; we are not equal. nothing special about that; just equality.
LOL and since you can see ppl you find sexually attractive naked without paying a door fee and I cant...either are we

so start fighting for equal rights all the way around and I will start fighting for your "right" to get married.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #843 on: March 21, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »
agreed but in your view its the same as homosexuality, so do you think we should give those ppl who are violent a break? because after all its genetic...

LOL ppl take the locker room analogy the wrong way...my point is its not right to allow gay ppl into a position where they can legally see a person they find sexually attractive naked against that persons will.

After all this is deemed illegal for heterosexuals, so why not for homosexuals?

It's illegal because of the difference in anatomy... not because they are "checking you out".

People who have the MAOA gene are prone to it and it has been used in court cases. Results have varied... So it already has happened.

PS... white people have less of the MAOA gene than other people.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
As self-appointed mediator, I will solve this issue.

Chad, I support your right to marry whoever you want.

Tony, I support your right to check out hot chicks whenever you want.

Let us all now live in peace.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #845 on: March 21, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
As self-appointed mediator, I will solve this issue.

Chad, I support your right to marry whoever you want.

Tony, I support your right to check out hot chicks whenever you want.

Let us all now live in peace.   :)

I agree with this message.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: March 21, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
It's illegal because of the difference in anatomy... not because they are "checking you out".

People who have the MAOA gene are prone to it and it has been used in court cases. Results have varied... So it already has happened.

PS... white people have less of the MAOA gene than other people.
Agreed but the reason the difference in anatomy is significant is what tu?

LOL Id like to see a break down of races by MAOA gene

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #847 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »
Agreed but the reason the difference in anatomy is significant is what tu?

LOL Id like to see a break down of races by MAOA gene

It's genetic...

http://cofcc.org/2010/05/science-daily-whites-have-lowest-instance-of-maoa-l-gene-which-is-linked-to-aggression-violence-crime-and-sexual-abuse/

American black males are twice as likely than American white males to have MAOA-L which has been linked to crime, violence and aggression in scores of studies going back over fifteen years. Black males are also 13.5 times more likely to have a rare version of the gene associated with “extreme violence and extreme aggression.” Latinos and American Indians are also nearly twice as likely as whites to have the more common version of the gene. However they are only about one fourth as likely to have the extreme version compared to blacks.

New scientific techniques have brought to light exactly how the so-called “warrior gene” named MAOA-L works. New studies using MRI show how brain activity in those who have the MAOA-L gene differs from those without it.

Studies have linked the gene to increased levels of sexual violence, alcoholism, crime, and even higher levels of credit card debt. However, very little is said about it outside of scientific journals. The reason is obvious. Many articles published on the gene even state that it has serious implications concerning race and ethnicity.

Whites, usually referred to in euphemisms like “westerners,” are said to be less likely to have the gene than other groups. One third of whites have MAOA-L, while groups usually only identified as “others” have instances of two thirds or higher. It has also been suggested in scientific journals that whites may be less affected by the gene than “others.”

In fact, researchers have even censored their own findings on race and MAOA-L! Others have faced hostility from the University community for mentioning which races have the highest rates. Source.

What’s more, even less is said about some of the even rarer extreme forms of the gene. Most people with MAOA-L have the “3 allele repeat version.” There is a rarer “2 allele repeat version” that is usually described as “associated with extreme aggression and extreme violence.” Several studies have concluded that 1% or less of all white males in the United States possess the dangerous 2 allele repeat version. Meanwhile a study of “non-white Americans” showed that the extra dangerous version occurred in 6% of non-white American men. One lone study from 2006 tested tested blacks alone and found that 13.5% have the extra dangerous version of the gene. Source.

MAOA-L, which causes low activity of the metabolizing enzyme monoamine oxidase A, is spoken of in euphemisms when it comes to ethnicity. However, already it has been used in court cases in the US, Britain, and Italy. In Italy lawyers claimed an Algerian immigrant should get a lighter sentence for stabbing a Columbian immigrant to death, because his DNA contains the MAOA-L gene. The judge agreed and reduced the defendants sentence. Source.

Already, we have leftist college professors making declarations like “if African Americans have higher rates of MAOA-L, than that should be a factor in sentencing!” The hypocrisy of these leftists is deafening. On one hand they will say that the “races are all equal,” then demand special treatment for blacks for a “genetic deficiency” in the same breath.

Article from Science Daily.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #848 on: March 21, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »
There has been a lot of studies on the human brain and how homosexuality is not a choice, it's genetic...

There is not a single credible scientific study proving homosexuality is genetic.  It's a lifestyle choice. 

Many people know of those who have the gay epiphany late in life, after being married and having a family.  We also know of people who chose to be gay later in life and then gave up the lifestyle. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #849 on: March 21, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
There is not a single credible scientific study proving homosexuality is genetic.  It's a lifestyle choice. 

Many people know of those who have the gay epiphany late in life, after being married and having a family.  We also know of people who chose to be gay later in life and then gave up the lifestyle. 

No offense there Beach, but I'm sure your extremely right leaning christian view might have a little bias on the subject, so you'll forgive me if I ignore your thoughts on the matter.