Author Topic: morning cardio  (Read 6596 times)

raylucey

• Getbig I
morning cardio
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:55:04 AM »
ok i've heard many different ideas from guys in the gym on whether or not to eat before cardio in the morning.

1/ eat breakfast then cardio as the food gets the metabolism going fast after being slow during the night.
2/ protein shake first (to stop catabolism) then cardio, then breakfast.
3/ before breakfast on an empty stomach.

i'm a bit confused (easily done i must admit!!!)

any advise?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: morning cardio
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 07:15:36 AM »
ok i've heard many different ideas from guys in the gym on whether or not to eat before cardio in the morning.

1/ eat breakfast then cardio as the food gets the metabolism going fast after being slow during the night.
2/ protein shake first (to stop catabolism) then cardio, then breakfast.
3/ before breakfast on an empty stomach.

i'm a bit confused (easily done i must admit!!!)

any advise?

short answer: it doesnt matter.  get in your cardio whenever you want. (except maybe straight after a workout, when you should get your proteins and carbs)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:22:48 AM »
short answer: it doesnt matter.  get in your cardio whenever you want. (except maybe straight after a workout, when you should get your proteins and carbs)

Blockhead would disagree with you. He is an advocate of morning empty-stomach cardio.

I've tried hard, real hard, to do that. But I'm just not a morning person. When I wake up, I am tired and cranky and hungry and just want my coffee and eggs...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 09:08:06 AM »
yes it does matter when you do cardio.

lets say you do cardio at 1 pm. at 1230 you ate brown rice and lean ground beef. well at 1pm you you start up your cardio but your insulinlevels are elevated from you brown rice and your not going to burn fat your goign to burn up those carbs (first 20 minutes).   

in my opinion...  there are three times of day when cardio can be done...    1) morning on empty stomach   2) post workout epmty stomach   3) 1 hour before last meal of the day

that being said

if your on a KETO type of diet..where your running mainly pro/fat meals during the day.. then you cn throw all this out the window and do your cardio whenever youd like and as often as youd like...as long as its kept to low intensity like walking

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 03:07:17 PM »
yes it does matter when you do cardio.

lets say you do cardio at 1 pm. at 1230 you ate brown rice and lean ground beef. well at 1pm you you start up your cardio but your insulinlevels are elevated from you brown rice and your not going to burn fat your goign to burn up those carbs (first 20 minutes).   

in my opinion...  there are three times of day when cardio can be done...    1) morning on empty stomach   2) post workout epmty stomach   3) 1 hour before last meal of the day

that being said

if your on a KETO type of diet..where your running mainly pro/fat meals during the day.. then you cn throw all this out the window and do your cardio whenever youd like and as often as youd like...as long as its kept to low intensity like walking

shut the fuck up, you have no clue what your talking about in any of your posts.

you will indeed burn more fat if you do the cardio on an empty stomach in the morning, but over a 24 hour period no type of exercise can increase fat burning. (the rest of the day you will be burning more carbs and less fat inorder to compensate so at the end of the day it doesnt matter)

in other words; do the cardio whenever you want and make sure your in a caloric deficit at the end of the day (or whatever measurement period you wanna use), if fat loss is the goal.

it doesnt matter if you burn carbs or fat during your cardio. morning cardio is just a way to burn calories inorder create a caloric deficit, when dieting. (thats why it 'works'). but the same thing can be achieved by walking whenever you want.

and i dont recommend keto diets for several reasons: one reason is that for alot of people the workouts will go to hell ( =muscle loss because you wont be able to sustain lifting poundages....)
when you diet, keep some carbs in the diet to fuel you workouts.

can you get ripped using a keto diet? sure. but there are better methods.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 03:17:39 PM »
shut the fuck up, you have no clue what your talking about in any of your posts.

you will indeed burn more fat if you do the cardio on an empty stomach in the morning, but over a 24 hour period no type of exercise can increase fat burning. (the rest of the day you will be burning more carbs and less fat inorder to compensate so at the end of the day it doesnt matter)

in other words; do the cardio whenever you want and make sure your in a caloric deficit at the end of the day (or whatever measurement period you wanna use), if fat loss is the goal.

it doesnt matter if you burn carbs or fat during your cardio. morning cardio is just a way to burn calories inorder create a caloric deficit, when dieting. (thats why it 'works'). but the same thing can be achieved by walking whenever you want.

you want to burn body fat, not the food you eat.

the calories .... proteins and fats and carbs... you eat should be working to make you grow.

the cardio is what should burn the fat.   

although there are ways to lose fat through diet alone that will allow you to preserve muscle;  BUT you have to have a very good understanding of nutirion and how your own individual metabolism operates.

thinking " calorie is a calorie"...and that "calories in vs. calories out"...   well its too simplistic and your setting yourself up for less than stellar results.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »
you want to burn body fat, not the food you eat.

the calories .... proteins and fats and carbs... you eat should be working to make you grow.

the cardio is what should burn the fat.   

although there are ways to lose fat through diet alone that will allow you to preserve muscle;  BUT you have to have a very good understanding of nutirion and how your own individual metabolism operates.

thinking " calorie is a calorie"...and that "calories in vs. calories out"...   well its too simplistic and your setting yourself up for less than stellar results.

once again, you have no idea what your talking about.

i could explain further, but im not gonna waste my time, as it doesnt matter to me what you do.

a question was asked. a correct answer was given by me.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 03:26:47 PM »
once again, you have no idea what your talking about.

i could explain further, but im not gonna waste my time, as it doesnt matter to me what you do.

a question was asked. a correct answer was given by me.
my brother

im here to help if you get dissapointed with your results.

i wont hold these insults against you as i know your  a hard headed individual who thinks you know it all. i can sympathize. when you realize the truth you come to me and ill give you the details.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
my brother

im here to help if you get dissapointed with your results.

i wont hold these insults against you as i know your  a hard headed individual who thinks you know it all. i can sympathize. when you realize the truth you come to me and ill give you the details.

on the gossip board i could let your bs slide. but not when your on a training board giving fake advice about stuff you have no idea about. run along now.  ;)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
on the gossip board i could let your bs slide. but not when your on a training board giving fake advice about stuff you have no idea about. run along now.  ;)
okay budddddddy  how about you try to have a intelligent discussion about the subject then ?

i wont just blow some shit out my ass thnking its funny to act stupid like i used to do

i can help you learn

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
OK, candi, slaveboy, now I'm confused...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »
OK, candi, slaveboy, now I'm confused...
about what

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 09:02:50 AM »
just do your cardio...im sure that there are probably differences in when you do them and whether or not your on an empty stomach but if you just do your cardio im pretty sure youll be just fine. I think alot of people think much more into these things than need be, eat clean, lift heavy, and do your cardio.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »
Do cardio when ever it`s convient for you.

Don`t make little things complicated.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 03:00:44 PM »
Listen up tough guy. Your advice is kindergarden compared candi. It doesn't matter when you do cardio is horse poo. To maximize your fat burning do cardio when blood suger levels are at thier lowest that way fist minute in your cardio you burn fat versus eating suger so your cardio results are burning calories from suger instead of fat; a no brainer. Of course it would not matter if you are in Ketosis because suger levels are always low.
 All kinds of ways to lose fat and Ketosis isn't the best way in terms of health, but certainly the fasted and most effective way of loseing fat and if you say BS to this you are 100 % discredited and you know very little. I know how to get shredded and Candi advice is legit. Do you get shredded? probably not... 8)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
Listen up tough guy. Your advice is kindergarden compared candi. It doesn't matter when you do cardio is horse poo. To maximize your fat burning do cardio when blood suger levels are at thier lowest that way fist minute in your cardio you burn fat versus eating suger so your cardio results are burning calories from suger instead of fat; a no brainer. Of course it would not matter if you are in Ketosis because suger levels are always low.
 All kinds of ways to lose fat and Ketosis isn't the best way in terms of health, but certainly the fasted and most effective way of loseing fat and if you say BS to this you are 100 % discredited and you know very little. I know how to get shredded and Candi advice is legit. Do you get shredded? probably not... 8)

has been answered already. (see previous posts)

as for ketosis being the most effective method of fatloss. nope. works for sure, but not the best method.

hope this helps 'candi'.