Author Topic: IFBB Grand Prix shows - Don't mention the Low 10k  (Read 6680 times)

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Don't mention the Low 10k for IFBB Grand Prix shows or
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 04:35:03 AM »
sucking dicks of arab multibillionar cheicks is profitable, and that's the culprit of a career for an ifbb "pro", if you can't be the best of em all and earn a living from the supps companies.

jay must be the only one who doesnt need to pose fo old rich men noawadays, but we all know he may have had to do it in the past  to get where he is.

All in all, they all posed in front of gay men to survive at some point in their life.. That's "pro bbing" for you.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 03:04:44 PM »
Wow it's good to see a thread with so much Truth not being DELETED and it's good to see a thread with mention of IFBB and No Chick jumping in to swear they are doing the right thing by keeping the Money Low as the IFBB don't want Pros wasting more money on Drugs.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »
seriously what kind of career is bodybuilding? its just a hobby, anyone that takes it to seriously has def let the roids get to there brain.

i love training hard and looking great, but i'd rather be a janitor then a IFBB pro.
                   A very Good point it is a hobby.But FFS you would think as a Pro you could make some Money from competing Esp in Grand Prix shows 10k is not going to cover costs and as for 5th 1k is about the cost of  4weeks diet food.All this talk about Promoters NOT making MONEY is Bullshit they would not run the Fukin show at a loss.FACT.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »
Promoters know that the competitiors are desperate.
              FACT everybody knows IFBB Pros are desperate.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »
Hey don't get mad at me for telling the truth. I would love to see a boatload more money for these guys but it's not there and like I said money is not top priority for these guys.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
Hey don't get mad at me for telling the truth. I would love to see a boatload more money for these guys but it's not there and like I said money is not top priority for these guys.
                  No Drug Abuse is 1st Priority then Play station 3 then Schmoes.FFS how sad is that.Like I have said many times Nite club door prize = More Money than IFBB Grand Prix Prize money.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »
               Thank Christ it's Not a Priority 10k 1st place at an IFBB Grand Prix is a Fukin JOKE.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »
I can see where you are all coming from, however as a pro promoter I don't know where this extra money should come from. As it is sponsors are very hard to sign, increasing their rate will make it harder. As it stands, they all expect extra special deals and to pay less, not more.

The real core fans are happy to pay high prices to see the pros but the next tier of fans and potential new fans complain about the price of tickets now. So how will they be if we put the prices up?  I am the only small show promoter that pays all accommodation for all the pros, should I make them pay their own costs and put that money into prizemoney? Personally I like to look after the new guys in this way because they probably need it the most.

I do not make huge dollars putting on proshows, I actually lost on the first 2. When you consider the hours that go into it, it is not that smart to do from a business sense. I am not complaining just trying to answer your questions the best I can. This thread is still here, so there goes the conspiracy theory.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
Why Not ask the IFBB to reduce the cost from their Sanction Fee and Free air flights and accommodation for all Judges and at the end of the day the Pros who make the Fukin Show get Fuk all.All those IFBB Tax Free dollars are going somewhere it's not going to Pros.As for Conspiracy theory why the Fuk do you always have to start another thread when it comes to this Shit.1st Thread Deleted as will this one be.Mention some poor Fuk full of Synthol and it stays forever but other more to the point subjects get Deleted.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »
How does one put money into these shows?  E.g., $1,000 extra for the best posing award or something along those lines?

Bump.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?  I think even putting down as little as $1,000 on some of the shows (Olympia, Arnold, Ironman, NY Pro) could do wonders for advertising my website.  Not to mention, $1,000 will maybe cover the food bill of a top bodybuilder for a few weeks.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
Why Not ask the IFBB to reduce the cost from their Sanction Fee and Free air flights and accommodation for all Judges and at the end of the day the Pros who make the Fukin Show get Fuk all.All those IFBB Tax Free dollars are going somewhere it's not going to Pros.As for Conspiracy theory why the Fuk do you always have to start another thread when it comes to this Shit.1st Thread Deleted as will this one be.Mention some poor Fuk full of Synthol and it stays forever but other more to the point subjects get Deleted.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm.

They will not reduce sanction fee. I cannot delete threads so I don't know about that. I pay tax so I cannot speak for anyone else. I try to use as many local judges as possible to keep the costs down.

The best solution would be to get some $$$ from a company outside bodybuilding but that is fuckin hard work, having said that we keep trying. I am all for the athletes getting more cash, they work hard for sweet FA. The bigger picture is that pros get bigger contracts when they win pro contests and at least one supp company matches the prizemoney if their athletes win shows.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Sweet FA is a FACT.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
How weak are IFBB Pros when they compete for so very little.Promoters and IFBB would have to increase Fukin Prize money if they didn't turn up at shows.No Pros No Fukin show simple.Tell me one other sports Pro who would be happy with 10k for 1st and 1k for 5th.FFS these guys are not Stupid it's time they boycott these Non paying shows.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 03:33:44 PM »
I can see where you are all coming from, however as a pro promoter I don't know where this extra money should come from. As it is sponsors are very hard to sign, increasing their rate will make it harder. As it stands, they all expect extra special deals and to pay less, not more.

The real core fans are happy to pay high prices to see the pros but the next tier of fans and potential new fans complain about the price of tickets now. So how will they be if we put the prices up?  I am the only small show promoter that pays all accommodation for all the pros, should I make them pay their own costs and put that money into prizemoney? Personally I like to look after the new guys in this way because they probably need it the most.

I do not make huge dollars putting on proshows, I actually lost on the first 2. When you consider the hours that go into it, it is not that smart to do from a business sense. I am not complaining just trying to answer your questions the best I can. This thread is still here, so there goes the conspiracy theory.

How did you turn it around after losing on the first 2? More sponsorship? More experience for you? You held a meat raffle during intermission?

Did you lose money when you took it to Brisbane?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »
The market will determine what the prize money is and apparently that isn't very much.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »
Pretty soon some IFBB pros will be entering the annual Mr. Getbig.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 03:50:31 PM »
                  FFS the Getbig Prize is worth as much as 3rd in a IFBB Grand Prix show.Now you may just understand how Fukin SAD the state of affairs are.IFBB Pro = BROKE.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »
hahaha...who needs $10k for a show when they are getting all g4p?  so sad!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »

;D

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
How did you turn it around after losing on the first 2? More sponsorship? More experience for you? You held a meat raffle during intermission?

Did you lose money when you took it to Brisbane?

Experience helped, the Australian dollar got stronger and people started to believe in the show. The first year especially, people had a wait and see if it's really on sort of attitude.

The Gold Coast show did not lose money but the hours I put in were pretty much unpaid and I was so busy on the show that my gym went back a step. Honestly, it was the hardest thing I have ever done, taking the show on the road. Having said that it was personally a very rewarding contest. The venue was awesome but cost 30k for one day. It was a mad line up and having Vince and Benfatto both doing their comeback was something else. It is not always about money.

I might try a chook raffle next year.

TD

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 05:06:02 PM »
I have been getting your newsletters Tony, great stuff, i hope i get a chance to come up to melbourne and check out your gym..maybe later in the year.

Let me know when you are coming mate, you will be very welcome. I will be MC at nationals this year so I might catch you then. For any other Aussies, check out the Wolf tour...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »
Everyone in the business would love to see more money being handed out to the athletes but unfortunately running shows is not as profitable as everyone seems to think.

Perhaps if the IFBB lowered the thousands of dollars they get in "sanction fees" they charge the promoter for doing basically nothing this would not be as much of an issue.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
The sports a hard sell to sponsors when the guys look the way they do, and for that you can blame the judging, and lack of drug testing. Drug testing needs to be introduced to minimise drug use and bring physiques back to a realistic level of development, and also help with the hard sell to business.
Steroid use is illegal, Nike, Adidas all companies are very concerned about their image, but they sponsor athletes who use drugs but not as openly as bodybuilders, they are tested and compete in organisations where there is testing to give the illusion that the sport is clean, no sport is clean, and if the athletes they sponsor are caught they dump them.

If the 100mm sprint was conducted under no testing whatsoever guys would be running 9.5 say for example, if they were running totally clean 10.0, but as they run in a tested environment where they still use drugs they run 9.7, as they cannot maximise they drug taking potential.

Bodybuilding would benefit from a drug tested federation, where athletes are promoted as clean had to do drug tests that would force guys to reduce their drug use, which in turn would reduce the sizes of their physiques this coupled with an aggressive new marketing approach could work in attracting other sponsors to our sport which could result in higher prize money and contracts for the athletes.
But all of this is pro active and requires investment and does not guarantee more money for the federation. This coupled with the fact that guys continue to risk their health and are happy to spend more money getting ready for shows than what they would win, is a huge determining factor in the federation not having to do anything.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
Bodybuilding would benefit from the elimination of insulin.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 05:38:34 PM »
Bodybuilding would benefit from the elimination of Milos   insulin.

;D
Ron: "I am lazy."