Author Topic: My Ex gf just bought a new...  (Read 7467 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: My Ex gf just bought a new...
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »

The evo gets to 60 in about 5.0 seconds, and with the highly advanced traction control - it does it with no wheelspin. I would think light to light the evo would be just as quick as the new comaro.

Those two sentences don't make sense, because the new Camaro is estimated to be at 4.5 seconds in the 0-60.

The GTO is already 4.6.  The 2002 Camaro SS at 325 hp was already 0-60 in 5.0.  5.0 seconds on the 0-60 is nearly 10 years old now for GM's F-body.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 01:26:34 PM »

The evo gets to 60 in about 5.0 seconds, and with the highly advanced traction control - it does it with no wheelspin. I would think light to light the evo would be just as quick as the new comaro. I never said 10 min high speed races happen in public, I said that on the track an evo would mash any stock camaro of mustang in the world.

The evo is an ugly ricer, but it is a well known juggernaut - ( considering it's price) on the track. I am a bwm type of guy, just saying.

I know 88, I just don't like Ricers ;D   I'm old school

Truth is AWD beats RWD any day of the week. doesn't require a great deal of HP due to superior traction.

Anyone who knows drag racing will tell you getting a car to hook up at the line is the hardest thing about it. Horsepower is easy....just pour money into the engine bay

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »
50,000$ Evo...

should i be jealous?
i mean im still 3 and a half years younger...happy with my body...and bitches love me!
who's got the 1 up?  ??? lol

So your saying your girl bangs outside the white race :-\

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »
Since when do females buy shitty expensive cars?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »

The evo gets to 60 in about 5.0 seconds, and with the highly advanced traction control - it does it with no wheelspin. I would think light to light the evo would be just as quick as the new comaro. I never said 10 min high speed races happen in public, I said that on the track an evo would mash any stock camaro or mustang in the world. Don't get it twisted, my fav exotic is the for GT, but the GT is just as good on the track, as it is on the drag strip.

The evo is an ugly ricer, but it is a well known juggernaut - ( considering it's price) on the track. I am a bwm type of guy, just saying. Anyway, for the money there is nothing in the world faster than this. The Arial Atom recorded the world's fastest 0 - 60 time. The new atom pulled a 2.6 second 0 - 60 time. It's faster to sixty than anything short of a aftermarket draggster.

I love the Atom ! that is just pure racer I wonder what that would do around the ring.

body88

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
Those two sentences don't make sense, because the new Camaro is estimated to be at 4.5 seconds in the 0-60.

The GTO is already 4.6.  The 2002 Camaro SS at 325 hp was already 0-60 in 5.0.  5.0 seconds on the 0-60 is nearly 10 years old now for GM's F-body.

Sure it does, the new evo actually makes it to sixty in those times. The camaro will be like every other high - torque, high - hp domestic, and launch with its wheels spinning.

You could spend less and buy an fq 400 mr. It's faster than a lambo. My whole point is that the evo is comparable in a stright line to a camaro, and far faster on the track. It's not cooler, or more desirable.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 01:43:16 PM »
50,000$ Evo...

should i be jealous?
i mean im still 3 and a half years younger...happy with my body...and bitches love me!

No, don't be jealous and if you still are thinking about what she is doing, then you are NOT over her.
I would hope that you can act with diginity and be decent to eachother however.
Good luck, Howard

body88

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
I know 88, I just don't like Ricers ;D   I'm old school

Truth is AWD beats RWD any day of the week. doesn't require a great deal of HP due to superior traction.

Anyone who knows drag racing will tell you getting a car to hook up at the line is the hardest thing about it. Horsepower is easy....just pour money into the engine bay

I agree with you, the evo is ugly as shit, I just have respect for it's performance. I would take the new Comaro over an evo, I was speaking about performance only.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »

Sure it does, the new evo actually makes it to sixty in those times. The camaro will be like every other high - torque, high - hp domestic, and launch with its wheels spinning.

Simple solution - just search in google for 1/4 miles and you'll have your answer.  I already did that earlier today.

The Evo is comparable in straight-line performance against the 1998 to 2002 Camaro, but bring in the 2010 Camaro with 75 extra horsepower and it's lights out for the Evo ;)

body88

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »
Simple solution - just search in google for 1/4 miles and you'll have your answer.  I already did that earlier today.

The Evo is comparable in straight-line performance against the 1998 to 2002 Camaro, but bring in the 2010 Camaro with 75 extra horsepower and it's lights out for the Evo ;)

That's true, but you are changing my argument. I said light to light, and on the track. I admitted the coamaro would be faster in a drag race over a 1/4 mile. We Americans are the best at that! I said the evo is comparable or faster light to light, and much fast on the track.

Having driven all the cars in question - ( aside from the new comaro of course) , I feel comfortable with me claims. Trust me, I would take the comaro over the evo any day. Mitsu should make the car more mature, its a shame, because it is an icon.

What I really want is the new m3.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »

That's true, but you are changing my argument. I said light to light, and on the track - which is where 98 percent of the poeple who buy this new comaro will be doing their racing.

Having driven all the cars in question - ( aside from the new comaro of course) , I feel comfortable with mer claims. Trust me, I would take the comaro over the evo any day.

What I really want is the new m3.
Me too. I like the sedan more than the coupe. The sedan looks right.  There is a dude with a M5 near me. He has EvoSport headers and the Meisterschaft exhaust system. He said it adds a 100 more HP!

I was reading one thread, and this guy asked the dumbest question. "would M3 wheels fit on a IS300?" The answer of course, is no, and why would you put m3 wheels on a Is300, you don't put BMW products on a Lexus, and vice versa.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:21 PM »

She sounds stupid, so let's see a pic to determine whether she's hot enough to get away with being stupid.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »

That's true, but you are changing my argument. I said light to light, and on the track. I admitted the coamaro would be faster in a drag race over a 1/4 mile. We Americans are the best at that! I said the evo is comparable or faster light to light, and much fast on the track.

I find most street races are from about 40 mph to 90 mph, and in those types of ranges the Camaro would > the Evo.  

Me too. I like the sedan more than the coupe. The sedan looks right.  

But in that price range you can get the 550 hp Cadillac CTS-V instead which would destroy the M3 in acceleration.  Domestic > Imports.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
This is the car i had in High School (the car of my "youth"),i had a lot of "Muscle Cars" but this one will always be "the one" ....and i have the fondest memories of that time and this car

body88

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »
I find most street races are from about 40 mph to 90 mph, and in those types of ranges the Camaro would > the Evo.  

But in that price range you can get the 550 hp Cadillac CTS-V instead which would destroy the M3 in acceleration.  Domestic > Imports.

Not my cup of tea, I am a die hard m fan.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2008, 02:40:50 PM »

Not my cup of tea, I am a die hard m fan.

I mean I love American V8 I've owned many but the BMW even an M3 is a much better car than the CTS-V M5 would destroy any CTS-V

body88

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »
Me too. I like the sedan more than the coupe. The sedan looks right.  There is a dude with a M5 near me. He has EvoSport headers and the Meisterschaft exhaust system. He said it adds a 100 more HP!

I was reading one thread, and this guy asked the dumbest question. "would M3 wheels fit on a IS300?" The answer of course, is no, and why would you put m3 wheels on a Is300, you don't put BMW products on a Lexus, and vice versa.

I have always loved m model cars. That's crazy regarding the m5, those cars are unreal. I would get one if I had a family.

As for the rim thing, people are crazy. Nothing pisses me off more than when I see m model badges on a stock 3 series!

body88

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
I mean I love American V8 I've owned many but the BMW even an M3 is a much better car than the CTS-V M5 would destroy any CTS-V

I agree, Caddie has been chasing the m series line of cars forever.  The m is an icon.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »

Not the 2009 CTS-V

http://jalopnik.com/390796/2009-cadillac-cts+v-lapping-the-nurburgring-in-record-time

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
Not the 2009 CTS-V

http://jalopnik.com/390796/2009-cadillac-cts+v-lapping-the-nurburgring-in-record-time

Impressive sure ! however more to a car than just numbers , fit & finish quality , etc BMW is in another league.

Paul Allen

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
Impressive sure ! however more to a car than just numbers , fit & finish quality , etc BMW is in another league.

thanks to the colored folk, cadillac in america has lost a lot of its luster.

couple that with shitty resale value and bmw's much nicer interior (in my opinion), plus the bmw's "status symbol" badge (even though there's tons of them on the road now , mostly 3 series) i'd have to say the bmw , at least in this day and age is a better buy.

however, if the state we're in keeps up, domestics should see a boost in sales due to the cheap dollar.  i don't get what the deal with domestics is.  for a long long time, they've been considered the "ugliest" cars on the road.  with budgets far exceeding most other companies in the world, why can't they hire a design engineer that will make a car appealing?  i think they did a great job with the new mustang, and the challenger looks very nice.  but there is just no competition with the sleekness of lexus, bmw or mercedes.  i mean, chevy malibu as the US's response to the 3 series bmw?  come on.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »
thanks to the colored folk, cadillac in america has lost a lot of its luster.

couple that with shitty resale value and bmw's much nicer interior (in my opinion), plus the bmw's "status symbol" badge (even though there's tons of them on the road now , mostly 3 series) i'd have to say the bmw , at least in this day and age is a better buy.

however, if the state we're in keeps up, domestics should see a boost in sales due to the cheap dollar.  i don't get what the deal with domestics is.  for a long long time, they've been considered the "ugliest" cars on the road.  with budgets far exceeding most other companies in the world, why can't they hire a design engineer that will make a car appealing?  i think they did a great job with the new mustang, and the challenger looks very nice.  but there is just no competition with the sleekness of lexus, bmw or mercedes.  i mean, chevy malibu as the US's response to the 3 series bmw?  come on.

I think the new Cadillac CTS looks better than its BMW/Benz/etc counterparts, and the XLR is just as attractive as the SL series Benzes. 

The CTS-V also costs less than the M5 but is faster.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »
my bike will slay all of that shit.

bench

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »
50,000$ Evo...

should i be jealous?

why do you care? move on.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »
Not the 2009 CTS-V

The new CTS-V is not out yet, so we don't know what it will destroy..it will be a killer due to it having a detuned ZR1 engine...it did the 'Ring in 7:59 secs. The CTS-V will go against the  M5, and the CTV-V coupe will go against the M6.