Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 97565 times)

Rampage

• Getbig IV
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
Also , whats your opinion on the Surge Nubret method of training?

That being moderate weights for high reps(about 20 - 25) and high sets (40 sets) with minimal rest in between...he says with this type of training you dont need cardio

Apparently TomPlatz used to do 40 -50 rep squats

whats your opinion on the high reps vs Heavy with low reps ??

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »
i have a few Qs for Disgusted actually

I Would like to know....im trying to shed Bodyfat and build at the same time.Ive decided to do the whole cardio thing immediately after the workout after the workout

1)How much of cardio , and IYHO whats the best in term of intensity level

2) When should i drink my MRP ? After the wkout or after the cardio ???

How much depends on your level of BF although I would not go much more than 45 min generally and let diet do the rest. Rule of thumb as far as intensity for burning bf, if your not able to hold a conversation because you are breathing too hard then slow down.

MRP's I would drink after you leave the gym.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 07:21:28 PM »
Also , whats your opinion on the Surge Nubret method of training?

That being moderate weights for high reps(about 20 - 25) and high sets (40 sets) with minimal rest in between...he says with this type of training you dont need cardio

Apparently TomPlatz used to do 40 -50 rep squats

whats your opinion on the high reps vs Heavy with low reps ??

I did it for a while not too long ago and have done similar workouts thru out my career (career? lol) and have made great gains. Now, when it is said that you do not need to do cardio I would agree with that, but remember that if you are just waaaay too fat then take it slow and rely on your diet for the long haul.

Too many guys are taking so much stuff that they are getting too strong for their own good. I can name plenty of top guys who's careers have ended due to injury but I know that I do not have to since most here know of a few themselves. Serge has been are for a long time and it is no cooincidence.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »
Jim what do you think about Kegel Exercises and how can i incorporate them into my routine?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »
Jim what do you think about Kegel Exercises and how can i incorporate them into my routine?

Very dangerous! I had a friend (emphasis had) how got a cramp in his taint while dong them. He will be missed.  :'(

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 11:33:53 PM »
Disgusted dont you have some pictures of some guys that youve trained? Like before and afters for everyone to see how great of a job that you do?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 12:32:05 AM »
Great idea for a thread Chaos..

Jim/Disgusted.

What do you know of lipex?
My Doctor has prescribed it to me as Im keen to stay on a dose of 250mg Of test for the rest of my life whilst going on bigger doses 2-3 times a year,My cholesterol is not out of whack but he says its a precaution more than anything..
One of the "potential" sides is muscle breakdown/wastage..this happens to a minority of people.

In your experience do you know of in the real world how the use of statins effects muscle gains?
Im sure alot of the pros would be on these drugs along with blood pressure meds more to help keep sides from high doses of hormones at bay..

Your thoughts please   :)

Alex23

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »
Disgusted, what do you do outside of bodybuilding, career etc?

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »
I did it for a while not too long ago and have done similar workouts thru out my career (career? lol) and have made great gains. Now, when it is said that you do not need to do cardio I would agree with that, but remember that if you are just waaaay too fat then take it slow and rely on your diet for the long haul.

Too many guys are taking so much stuff that they are getting too strong for their own good. I can name plenty of top guys who's careers have ended due to injury but I know that I do not have to since most here know of a few themselves. Serge has been are for a long time and it is no cooincidence.

Interesting...

Would like to ask what would you recommend for a workout of CHest for example using Nubrets method , in terms of sets and exercises

(I would think 40 sets is a bit much, is it? also how many  type of different exercises would you have to do) You get what im asking right ?

thanks chaos and Disgusted

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »
Disgusted dont you have some pictures of some guys that youve trained? Like before and afters for everyone to see how great of a job that you do?

Somewhere, I will try and dig some up.  :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 08:47:44 PM »
Great idea for a thread Chaos..

Jim/Disgusted.

What do you know of lipex?
My Doctor has prescribed it to me as Im keen to stay on a dose of 250mg Of test for the rest of my life whilst going on bigger doses 2-3 times a year,My cholesterol is not out of whack but he says its a precaution more than anything..
One of the "potential" sides is muscle breakdown/wastage..this happens to a minority of people.

In your experience do you know of in the real world how the use of statins effects muscle gains?
Im sure alot of the pros would be on these drugs along with blood pressure meds more to help keep sides from high doses of hormones at bay..

Your thoughts please   :)

I have a very strong opinion about statins soooo this is only my opinion and I am not suggesting that you in any way construe this as medical advise. IMO stain drugs are deadly and have NOOOOOOOO use in humans. The muscle wasting I have seen in MANY people and it can be deadly and they are very hard on the liver MUCH more than steroids can ever be. I would NEVER take them no matter what.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 08:53:03 PM »
Interesting...

Would like to ask what would you recommend for a workout of CHest for example using Nubrets method , in terms of sets and exercises

(I would think 40 sets is a bit much, is it? also how many  type of different exercises would you have to do) You get what im asking right ?

thanks chaos and Disgusted

Say 4 exercises of 6 sets each. Since you will not be using that heavy of a weight just do a warm up or two. Then try and find that "right" weight for the exercise and the tempo that you wll be using. Rest maybe bout a minute. You may have to lighten up a bit as people tend to start with too heavy of a weight at first. I have used inclie DB press, seated machine press, cable cross and maybe flat flys, your preference.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »

Say 4 exercises of 6 sets each. Since you will not be using that heavy of a weight just do a warm up or two. Then try and find that "right" weight for the exercise and the tempo that you wll be using. Rest maybe bout a minute. You may have to lighten up a bit as people tend to start with too heavy of a weight at first. I have used incline DB press, seated machine press, cable cross and maybe flat flys, your preference.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »

I have a very strong opinion about statins soooo this is only my opinion and I am not suggesting that you in any way construe this as medical advise. IMO stain drugs are deadly and have NOOOOOOOO use in humans. The muscle wasting I have seen in MANY people and it can be deadly and they are very hard on the liver MUCH more than steroids can ever be. I would NEVER take them no matter what.
Cheers bro , I understand where you are comming from and I  respect your advice hence the question.

In your opinion are there more healthy options out there to help support a healthy lipid profile?
Theres diet and exercise which I do but are there any other things I can add?I take fish oils and Sesamin ,is there anything else I can add?

Like I said my lipids arnt out of whack , but the Dr knows I cycle and stay on a cruise dose of 250mg test e a week when off so he is thinking "prevention is better than cure" I guess

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »
Cheers bro , I understand where you are comming from and I  respect your advice hence the question.

In your opinion are there more healthy options out there to help support a healthy lipid profile?
Theres diet and exercise which I do but are there any other things I can add?I take fish oils and Sesamin ,is there anything else I can add?

Like I said my lipids arnt out of whack , but the Dr knows I cycle and stay on a cruise dose of 250mg test e a week when off so he is thinking "prevention is better than cure" I guess

Well, statins prevent nothing and cause a multitude of problems. Anyway, this is just one book out there that can teach you a lot about how to stay healthy and understand more about cholesterol. If you are serious order this book.  :)

http://www.amazon.com/Animals-Attacks-People-Fourth-Revised/dp/0967954681/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212427366&sr=8-1

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
Another very informative book. Plaese don't let t he title confuse you. They are research Dr's and there is plenty of info on cholesterol in this book. Awesome reading.

http://www.amazon.com/Protein-Power-High-Protein-Low-Carbohydrate-Health/dp/0553380788/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212427501&sr=1-1

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
disgusted what do you think is best stack for mass

using

test
tren
deca
eq
dbol
anadrol

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »
disgusted what do you think is best stack for mass

using

test
tren
deca
eq
dbol
anadrol

Give me a little more info. R u using all of this at once?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »
wel if thats what you think is going to be best then sure, all at once.

lol

im just asking with those compounds because those are the ones most easily attainable and the ones most commonly refered to as mass builders

like gh15 says " test + deca + dbol "

what would your stack be?

im interested in tren cause alot of guys swear by it and call it king of aas

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »
wel if thats what you think is going to be best then sure, all at once.

lol

im just asking with those compounds because those are the ones most easily attainable and the ones most commonly refered to as mass builders

like gh15 says " test + deca + dbol "

what would your stack be?

im interested in tren cause alot of guys swear by it and call it king of aas

Prob the most muscle out there was built on test deca dbol. That is a very good stack. Be careful with tren. As far as I am concerned there is no use for it if you are not competing. I personally know a couple of guys who used a lot of it and have had kidney problems.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »
Prob the most muscle out there was built on test deca dbol. That is a very good stack. Be careful with tren. As far as I am concerned there is no use for it if you are not competing. I personally know a couple of guys who used a lot of it and have had kidney problems.
If you are competing then what is its use?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:52 PM »
Disgusted,

Blondes or Brunettes?

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »

Say 4 exercises of 6 sets each. Since you will not be using that heavy of a weight just do a warm up or two. Then try and find that "right" weight for the exercise and the tempo that you wll be using. Rest maybe bout a minute. You may have to lighten up a bit as people tend to start with too heavy of a weight at first. I have used inclie DB press, seated machine press, cable cross and maybe flat flys, your preference.

Btw , will the weights for each set remain constant or does 1 have to increase the weight slightly for each set

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2008, 05:34:26 PM »
Disgusted,

Blondes or Brunettes?

Well, in my earlier years it was mainly blondes. As I got older it was brunettes. Why, I have no idea. Rule of thumb, if you want to know if a blonde is really good looking then picture her with black hair. If she still looks good then she is truley pretty and not just stunning because of a bleach job.  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
If you are competing then what is its use?

A lot of guys like it because of the strength gains especially when dieting hard. General rule is that it is twice as strong as test. Say, 500mg of tren = 1000mg of test, but if one were to take 4 grams of test a week I sure as hell wouldn't do 2 grams of tren per week. If  competing I would then add it around 6 weeks out and personally go 75 mg 3 times per week or EOD would be all I would do. Also if using tren enanthate or Trenobolone Hexahydrobenzylcarbonate (Parabolin) I would go about 200mg Mon and Thur.