Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98259 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2008, 12:07:57 AM »
u know milos has his own QandA as well :)

Yeah, i just noticed that Milos was posting in this thread too...

BTW, good work with everything thats happening here on the Positive Board. Great to have Milos and Disgusted here anwsering questions. I mean hell, King was even back posting again :o
No doubt about it...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2008, 12:10:03 AM »
Hi Disgusted or Milos, quick question(s) here...

Im currently cutting, not for a show or anything, just to get down to a more respectable BF %. Im currently following a keto diet (Palumbo) and am doing cardio first thing in the morning.

1. What is your thought on post workout cardio? I want to maybe start doing 2 cardio sessions a day to see how that goes.

2.If i do post workout cardio, should i have a quick whey shake first, then do the cardio, or just do the cardio right after weights? Also, morning cardio is for about 45-50 mins, should post workout cardio be for the same duration as in the morning?

Cheers.

Nothing wrong with doing cardio after your workout. You can maybe sip on some whey protein and some carbs if you are doing a long session escpecially if you re training for a show but make sure to account for the cals in your diet. Duration is up to you. If doing 2 sessions per day then I personally like to split the time in half if possible.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »
What about your own homemade one? Do you have any recipes for a home MRP? I was just thinking when im stuck at work for 16 hours, i know MRP's will come in handy.

And yea I dont like the way the already made ones taste. Id rather do my own.

Honestly there are too many options out there and at a good price to bother making your own.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2008, 12:15:49 AM »
Nothing wrong with doing cardio after your workout. You can maybe sip on some whey protein and some carbs if you are doing a long session escpecially if you re training for a show but make sure to account for the cals in your diet. Duration is up to you. If doing 2 sessions per day then I personally like to split the time in half if possible.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply 8)
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »
Yeah, i just noticed that Milos was posting in this thread too...

BTW, good work with everything thats happening here on the Positive Board. Great to have Milos and Disgusted here anwsering questions. I mean hell, King was even back posting again :o

Thanx, me and Chaos are working hard on making this the second most popular board on getbig. And the ONLY one to actually talk about bodybuilding with no flaming and namecalling :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2008, 12:18:51 AM »
Honestly there are too many options out there and at a good price to bother making your own.

True, You are indeed the smartest man Ive ever conversed with, so ill take your word.

So just whole food then primarily is best offseason and pre contest??  

And only take shakes if you NEED too?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2008, 12:25:13 AM »
True, You are indeed the smartest man Ive ever conversed with, so ill take your word.

So just whole food then primarily is best offseason and pre contest??  

And only take shakes if you NEED too?

You must not have talked to too many people, but thanks.  ;D Basically yes as far as whole food goes. Don't get me wrong, there are times when MRPs are very convenient to use and there are some good ones out there, but I would not go overboard. Two per day would be max, but on the other side of the coin I have heard of guys who pretty much exist on them at times. I just think that overall whole food is alway superior in the long run.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2008, 12:31:23 AM »
You must not have talked to too many people, but thanks.  ;D Basically yes as far as whole food goes. Don't get me wrong, there are times when MRPs are very convenient to use and there are some good ones out there, but I would not go overboard. Two per day would be max, but on the other side of the coin I have heard of guys who pretty much exist on them at times. I just think that overall whole food is alway superior in the long run.

2 shakes and 3-4 whole food meals a day would be optimal in the offseason then id assume?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:36 AM »
2 shakes and 3-4 whole food meals a day would be optimal in the offseason then id assume?

Yep.  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2008, 12:36:43 AM »
Yep.  :)

nice and it only took me 10 questions to get to the final answer lol.

And thats most likely what ill do 2 mrps and 3-4 whole food meals. Just gotta think about how im going to split the macros but i have a good idea.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
disgusted, whats your opinion on eca use during a tkd type diet?
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2008, 09:26:52 PM »
disgusted, whats your opinion on eca use during a tkd type diet?

I think its fine. I alway start out sparingly on any kind of CNS product jus to play it safe.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
I think its fine. I alway start out sparingly on any kind of CNS product jus to play it safe.

i find it hard to take any more than 1 a day or i can't sleep.(works great though)

its the only fat loss drug that effects me - clen doesn't effect me ( i have asthma and think my inhaler has made me immune) t3 didn't do anything, even dnp didn't work ( well it did for sides but no fat loss  >:( )
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2008, 09:40:28 PM »
i find it hard to take any more than 1 a day or i can't sleep.(works great though)

its the only fat loss drug that effects me - clen doesn't effect me ( i have asthma and think my inhaler has made me immune) t3 didn't do anything, even dnp didn't work ( well it did for sides but no fat loss  >:( )

How much are you taking and what time of the day and when do you get up and go to bed.  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2008, 09:43:36 PM »
How much are you taking and what time of the day and when do you get up and go to bed.  ;D

take it at 8am in the morning with caffeine tab. 33mg eph ( i know weird dosage) and 200mg Caf.

go to bed at around 11pm
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2008, 09:54:21 PM »
take it at 8am in the morning with caffeine tab. 33mg eph ( i know weird dosage) and 200mg Caf.

go to bed at around 11pm

Try 20mg eph if possible and take it twice but no later than 1 or 2 pm.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »
disgusted what do you think about the whole "androgen receptor downregulation" theories that say that steroids lose their effectiveneess over time..  ???   of course we all know that you will never grow as fast as you do on your first cycle of steroids... and that the bigger you get the slower the pounds come...   BUT, you think there is any accuracy to these calims that you gotta come off in order for steroids to start working again? i mean, most pros are on year round arent they ?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »
whats the point of bcaa's?  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2008, 10:21:37 PM »
whats the point of bcaa's?  ;D

Just essential aimnos, nothing wrong with them.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25:16 PM »
Just essential aimnos, nothing wrong with them.
don't you get essential amino's in real food, why bother with the cost?
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
disgusted what do you think about the whole "androgen receptor downregulation" theories that say that steroids lose their effectiveneess over time..  ???   of course we all know that you will never grow as fast as you do on your first cycle of steroids... and that the bigger you get the slower the pounds come...   BUT, you think there is any accuracy to these calims that you gotta come off in order for steroids to start working again? i mean, most pros are on year round arent they ?

I have seen guys stay on for years and remain huge and then seen them come off for whatever reason. When they get back on they are no bigger or different than before. Now remember, I am not talking about health here. I do believe that your receptors can be made to except more over time.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »
I have seen guys stay on for years and remain huge and then seen them come off for whatever reason. When they get back on they are no bigger or different than before. Now remember, I am not talking about health here. I do believe that your receptors can be made to except more over time.
...this is what i wanted to hear  :D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:15 PM »
that was a retorical question  ;D iknow you get them in meat, just wondered if they were worth the extra cost when someone is already on a high protein diet?
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:45 PM »
don't you get essential amino's in real food, why bother with the cost?

Yes that is true, but two reasons off top of my head. One, like I said before if you are not able to get to a solid meal at a specific time and two, if you are going to do cardio and want to get in some protein and not a lot of calories that may hinder your workout.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2008, 12:34:19 PM »
Jim,

I was reading "Why animals do not have heart attacks...and people do!" and i found it to be a very interesting book.

I haven't read EVERY page word for word but I've skimmed through the entire thing more or less.

Questions.

1. What is the best form of Vit C in your opinion? Apples, oranges...etc.

2. How often should they be eaten and WHEN? Morning, post WO?...etc.

3. Should the Vitamins/minerals be taken with or without food?

Thank you for the book recommendations, i am now reading protein power.

8)