Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98186 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »

Awesome, thanks! 

This is a great thread... thanks for taking the time.  :)

:)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »
Question 1 No, the fat storing effects are stronger than the anabolic effects. You MIGHT be able to get a better anabolic effect and a lower fat storing effect by lowering your carb intake but I personally don;t think it all that effective.

Question 2 yes!!!

Question 3 Yes!!!!

Can you elaborate on YES for second question?
How exactly does that (physiologically) happen?
I was asked the same question and my answer was (and still is) NO! ;)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »
Question for both Jim and Milos:

We know that insulin use, injections after a workout gives you high amounts of insulin and that makes bodybuilders grow alot.

1. If one person does not take insulin but has a pwo shake with high simple sugar carbs, like 80g dextrose. Would that spike insulin levels and have similar effects of slin injections? (obviously not as powerful though)

a) Do you think that exogenous insulin use can cause a bigger midsection?
b) If so, do you think spiking your own insulin can cause it too?

1. YES
2a. NO
2b. NO

Now I am answering those questions with consideration that person does WHAT IS RIGHT THING TO DO with insulin, carbs, protein...etc...
Otherwise, if I would answer the same questions considering IF someone does STUPID things while taking insulin, carbs...etc - answer would be different...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
Can you elaborate on YES for second question?
How exactly does that (physiologically) happen?
I was asked the same question and my answer was (and still is) NO! ;)

Yes, butt  ;D I am going to watch a movie now sooooo will get back you on this.  8)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
1. YES
2a. NO
2b. NO

Now I am answering those questions with consideration that person does WHAT IS RIGHT THING TO DO with insulin, carbs, protein...etc...
Otherwise, if I would answer the same questions considering IF someone does STUPID things while taking insulin, carbs...etc - answer would be different...

Hmmm,, you may have answered your own question. If someone can do the right thing as you say then I guess it is a non issue, but I will clarify, after the movie.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2008, 10:53:43 PM »
Jim just to let u know. This is probably the best thread on getbig !!! Thanx

What movie did u watch?

J-boy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team Alex23 4 life!!!!!!!!
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
Jim what do you think of carb loading,,,,,,,,and dropping?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: July 13, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »
Jim just to let u know. This is probably the best thread on getbig !!! Thanx

What movie did u watch?

I watched Beerfest. Wasn't too bad. I thought Gunter played his role well.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2008, 01:28:10 PM »
I watched Beerfest. Wasn't too bad. I thought Gunter played his role well.

yea it had its funny parts. and gunter wasnt too bad.  i personally enjoyed super troopers better though.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »
Jim what do you think of carb loading,,,,,,,,and dropping?

Well, carb dropping is usually something that is needed more than carb loading. I don't like to carbload my guys, at least in the traditional sense. I feel that it is too inaccurate. If you are taking insulin then maybe it is warrented to a degree and maybe you can get away with it depending on your metabolism. I have seen way to many guys look like crap from experimenting with carbloading.

Although I have a basic guideline that I follow I treat each person as an individual when it comes to the last 10 days before a show. IF I have been training them all along then it is a lot easier. If not, then it makes it a little tougher to do although its usually doable if not too close to a show.

You have too remember that the average adult male can store roughly 375 to 475 grams of carbs thru out the body of which roughly 325 grams is stored in the muscle. The rest is in the liver and blood. If you try and go beyond this even while using insulin then you spill over!! There are so many factors involved when carbing up there is NO WAY to accurately "guess" as to when this spill over will happen. I don't care if you were at a hospital and getting blood work done every 10 minutes. The body is in a constant flux and it is impossible to know what will happen from one minute to the next.

Throw in diuretics and other factors and you have a recipe for disaster. Another thing to keep in mind is that everytime you take a drug such as a diuretic or too many carbs or too much sodium ect. your body is constantly trying to maintain a normal balance of all your bodily functions such as sodium and potassium levels, blood glucose ect. So in essence you are fighting against yourself. YOUR BODY DOES NOT CARE HOW IT LOOKS ONLY THAT IT KEEPS ALL THESE LEVELS IN A NORMAL BALANCE!!!!!! So the bottom line is you are fucking with something you have little control over and 99.9% of the time will fail at the goal you are trying to achieve IE: that ripped dry full look. Bet yor sorry you asked me now.  ;D

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #310 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
1. YES
2a. NO
2b. NO

1. What is the right and wrong thing to do?

2. What do you think causes enlarged midsections? insulin + 'the wrong things' or something else?

3. What is the best way(s) to get similar effects of slin thru food manipulation? (no injections) and is there a limit to how much simple sugars one can use PWO before it has negative effects?
tank u jesus

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:42 AM »
Yes, butt  ;D I am going to watch a movie now sooooo will get back you on this.  8)

What was the movie? King Camel and his Toe nail?  :-X

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2008, 09:59:35 AM »
What was the movie? King Camel and his Toe nail?  :-X

Sorry...I just saw your post...Beerfest?
I am curious about Gunter's acting ability...I believe he could be really good...Just like Roland...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
Sorry...I just saw your post...Beerfest?
I am curious about Gunter's acting ability...I believe he could be really good...Just like Roland...

He was pretty good. I woud think hat he could get some other roles. His accent may hold him back a bit though, unless he took some Arnold type roles.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2008, 01:00:31 AM »
JM,

Go see The Dark Knight, its bad ass!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2008, 01:14:10 PM »
So when Ronnie says in this video he goes six days of "low carbs" and one day of "high carbs"....Does that one day of high carbs just mean the day that he takes insulin for that week???

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2008, 08:27:33 PM »
So when Ronnie says in this video he goes six days of "low carbs" and one day of "high carbs"....Does that one day of high carbs just mean the day that he takes insulin for that week???

Not really enough info to know for sure. Although Chad supossedly liked to use slin only one day per week. Some guys may not count slin meals as carb meals so when they say low carb day they may mean that other than their slin meals it's low carb.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2008, 10:01:56 PM »
Not really enough info to know for sure. Although Chad supossedly liked to use slin only one day per week. Some guys may not count slin meals as carb meals so when they say low carb day they may mean that other than their slin meals it's low carb.
k makes sense, but yea i asked because i know that chad likes to do only one insulin day during the week.

But im curious, what would be the advantages to that?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »
k makes sense, but yea i asked because i know that chad likes to do only one insulin day during the week.

But im curious, what would be the advantages to that?

Use of very fast acting Humalog done morning noon and night after training once or twice per week at max., done on leg and back day. Done this way to control insulin sensitivity. Theory is to hit it hard 3 times per day then stop so as not to build up a tolerance to it's effects.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2008, 11:30:19 PM »
Use of very fast acting Humalog done morning noon and night after training once or twice per week at max., done on leg and back day. Done this way to control insulin sensitivity. Theory is to hit it hard 3 times per day then stop so as not to build up a tolerance to it's effects.

speakin of insulin, whats your thoughts on glucose disposal agents such as chromium, vanadyl, rala, and others?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2008, 11:53:51 PM »
speakin of insulin, whats your thoughts on glucose disposal agents such as chromium, vanadyl, rala, and others?

Not worth it.  :(

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »
Not worth it.  :(

FUCK IT! I think im going to go and slam 5 cups of rice tomorrow and some humalog!!!!!!!!

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II
« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
Thanks in advance Disgusted.

1.  What number of calories over maintenance levels (where you are not gaining or losing weight) should a natural bodybuilder go to, to gain mass without gaining too much fat? Lets say my maintenance calories are 3,000.

2.  Should a natural bodybuilder go on a "bulking" phase for maximum results (eating crazy amounts of calories, and disregarding the fat gain)? Or should a natty just go slightly over maintenance so he doesn't gain too much fat?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
Jim thinking about doing this after my current dieting is over.

Keeping my protein intake adequate, keeping the fat levels up, and only eating carbs on the days that I train post workout and at breakfast, or at post workout only. Or would you have carbs everyday?? The carbs would be from good carb sources only, oats, rice, grits, berries, etc.

Also adding in a cheat meal about every 4 days or so to keep me happy :)

What do u think of this approach, im trying to stay lean as possible while still adding on muscle.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: July 23, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »
Thanks in advance Disgusted.

1.  What number of calories over maintenance levels (where you are not gaining or losing weight) should a natural bodybuilder go to, to gain mass without gaining too much fat? Lets say my maintenance calories are 3,000.

2.  Should a natural bodybuilder go on a "bulking" phase for maximum results (eating crazy amounts of calories, and disregarding the fat gain)? Or should a natty just go slightly over maintenance so he doesn't gain too much fat?

It's never a good idea no matter natural or not to get fat in the off season!!! I really don't think that you need to count cals. At least not for that majority of people. Most people have a good idea how much food that they can eat without getting fat and why not since most people have been eating for years.  ;D Should be an expert by now. I like a diet high in protein say lean red meat, eggs fish turkey chicken cottage cheese. Then some carbs from rice yams oats potatoes but be careful how many carbs. Play around with them and only  eat as many as you need to fuel your workouts and sustain gains but not enough to make you fat. Start with say 250 grams per day and go from there.