Author Topic: protien powder  (Read 1611 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
protien powder
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:49:44 AM »
I buy a big tub of whey protein and some 12 ounce water bottles. Funnel a scoop or two of whey into the water and take it to work. 6-7 hours later, I drink it.

question: does it damage the protein being in the water that long?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: protien powder
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 09:11:13 AM »
I buy a big tub of whey protein and some 12 ounce water bottles. Funnel a scoop or two of whey into the water and take it to work. 6-7 hours later, I drink it.

Personally I wouldn't do it. If I am getting a shake ready for later I keep the powder in a sandwich bag then just empty it into the water when needed. That way it doesn't matter if the water does affect it  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
Personally I wouldn't do it. If I am getting a shake ready for later I keep the powder in a sandwich bag then just empty it into the water when needed. That way it doesn't matter if the water does affect it  ;D

I'm the same - I've got a smaller tub that I keep at work and tip the protein into my shaker bottle directly from that - if you leave protein powder in water for extended periods of time (even a few hours) it starts to congeal and smells fucking horrible - better to use your ingredients fresh IMO.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
just realized i misspelled the title of this thread. thanks American public school system!

jehwit

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »

posibly because of the fragments