Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110282 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
I am still recovering from the UTI, and I am soooo tired because I havent slept well in three nights.  But I AM getting better. 

I managed to get my double cardios in all weekend (in between bathroom breaks ::)).  Yesterday I did 56 mins AM elliptical, then I did a somewhat abbreviated leg workout last night, followed by 38 mins of stair climbing.  I am trying not to kill my legs so that I can keep doing cardio etc., so here's what I did:

HAMMER STRENGTH LEG PRESS (SLED)
sled alone x 25
1 plate/side x 20
2 plates/side x 15
3 plates/side x 12/3 sets
2 plates/side x 15
1 plate/side x 20

LEG EXTENSIONS
5 sets x 10-12 slow and light, with a squeeze and hold at the top

Then I also did about 5 sets of weighted calf raises/calf extensions.

I did arms on Sunday, and my triceps are fried.  I was so tired this morning that I only did a half-ass 36 minutes on the bike, not very hard either, so I will probably skip weight training tonight and bang out some more cardio. 

I weighed 118.0 this morning, so I am actually starting to get to the point where I don't want to lose TOO much more weight before the week of the show.  Maybe like a pound or two.  I have NEVER arrived where I need to be early before...it's kind of weird to almost be ready to rock and roll.   :-\

OH, no ephedra, no fat burners at all right now.  I never take ephedra cuz I can't handle it, but I got off the thyrotabs I had started because of the UTI.  I'll probably add them back in once I get through the antibiotics.

Hope you are feeling better Rip.  If loosing weight too fast cut back on the cardio, maybe skip a day or two even right now.  Almost there Rip Baby!!!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »
Don't hurt yourself Rip!
TEAM Nasser

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28:38 PM »
I am still recovering from the UTI, and I am soooo tired because I havent slept well in three nights.  But I AM getting better. 

I managed to get my double cardios in all weekend (in between bathroom breaks ::)).  Yesterday I did 56 mins AM elliptical, then I did a somewhat abbreviated leg workout last night, followed by 38 mins of stair climbing.  I am trying not to kill my legs so that I can keep doing cardio etc., so here's what I did:

HAMMER STRENGTH LEG PRESS (SLED)
sled alone x 25
1 plate/side x 20
2 plates/side x 15
3 plates/side x 12/3 sets
2 plates/side x 15
1 plate/side x 20

LEG EXTENSIONS
5 sets x 10-12 slow and light, with a squeeze and hold at the top

Then I also did about 5 sets of weighted calf raises/calf extensions.

I did arms on Sunday, and my triceps are fried.  I was so tired this morning that I only did a half-ass 36 minutes on the bike, not very hard either, so I will probably skip weight training tonight and bang out some more cardio. 

I weighed 118.0 this morning, so I am actually starting to get to the point where I don't want to lose TOO much more weight before the week of the show.  Maybe like a pound or two.  I have NEVER arrived where I need to be early before...it's kind of weird to almost be ready to rock and roll.   :-\

OH, no ephedra, no fat burners at all right now.  I never take ephedra cuz I can't handle it, but I got off the thyrotabs I had started because of the UTI.  I'll probably add them back in once I get through the antibiotics.

just keep losing that fat til you cant get anymore shredded there sista!! And your well on your way!

Glad I could be a part of the journey

Glen :)

Alex23

« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2008, 11:48:41 PM »
Rip is hotter than donut grease, that can't be disputed.

...and if someone knows that, it's you ;D

Rip can't ride her bike to go to the store without cause major traffic disturbance.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »
LOL  ;D

I am feeling better, I suppose.  SO tired from not sleeping well, but I am trying to get through this work week before chilling a little.  I didn't miss any training or cardio from the UTI, although I have decreased my cardio just a little bit.  I had steak for dinner last night and am on my fourth day of anti-biotics...took a couple of pics of my backside last night, and I am still holding just a TAD back there in the glutes and hams.  Hopefully it'll go away in two weeks with continued dieting, etc, and getting off the meds.  One things for sure...I won't be getting any fatter in the next two weeks, so I think I'll be ready for this show!

Gonna wait to weigh myself until I am off the anti-biotics for at least 24-48 hours.  I will be comfortable with where I am at if I weigh less than 120 this weekend.  :)
:)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2008, 10:55:50 AM »
lol @ 120, I don't think you will see that for awhile...

I am so excited for you, you look AMAZING!!!
Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »
lol @ 120, I don't think you will see that for awhile...

I am so excited for you, you look AMAZING!!!

Thanks sista!  :-*

114.6 this morning.  :o

I am in a weird place right now...I have never been ready to compete 2 weeks out, and I don't really think it's a good place to be.  Very much a mental challenge for me right now.  I am having a hard time not going insane lol.  I wish I could compete tomorrow.  It's going to be a loooooooooong two weeks.   :-\

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
hahahha!

The last week will be a short week so it's really like you only have one week :)
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2008, 12:27:17 PM »
this will kill any cravings!

an oatmeal filled crap cake from Stella..........

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2008, 12:29:17 PM »
hahahha!

The last week will be a short week so it's really like you only have one week :)

True.  And I have a big photo shoot coming up this Monday - all day - so I am preparing for that all weekend, and then I won't train or do cardio on Monday because I will be shooting all day.  It's alot of work, but it's kind of like a day off LOL.  And then I basically have to survive a week, and then get my ass to Cleveland. 

That oatmeal crap cake looks good!   >:(

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2008, 01:45:54 PM »
this will kill any cravings!

an oatmeal filled crap cake from Stella..........
That's not oatmeal you guy!  That's coconut!  Duh! >:(
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
That's not oatmeal you guy!  That's coconut!  Duh! >:(

coconut = white    no?

that looks like pumpkin flavored oatmeal!!

yuck!

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2008, 11:20:35 PM »

I am in a weird place right now...I have never been ready to compete 2 weeks out, and I don't really think it's a good place to be.  Very much a mental challenge for me right now.  I am having a hard time not going insane lol.  I wish I could compete tomorrow.  It's going to be a loooooooooong two weeks.   :-\

Dorian Yates always used to make sure he was ready 2 weeks out.
Hang in there chicky pooh, I followed you power lifting meet with interest and this one is just as interesting  ;)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »
Looking great - good proportion.
Maybe the bi's could be a hair bigger relative to the shoulders in the side-pose.
Props.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:24 AM »
Please don't use that foul grotesc creature that is yates in this thread!  And chicky pooh?, back off

jt

Huh? jt am I missing something here ???
DY peaked perfectly for every show, and that is what RIP is getting ready to do.
This is about body building .................. right  :)

And if RIP does not like it when I use a term of endearment she herself can tell me.

Maybe the bi's could be a hair bigger relative to the shoulders in the side-pose.
Props.

If you look at even earlier pictures of RIP her delts have always been big or even over powering for her other muscles.
But the visual it gives from the front more than makes up for it.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2008, 07:56:26 PM »
Props.

Thanks.  Because of the PL training, I stopped training my biceps pretty much from Sept-June, except for maybe like 4 sets of db curls a week. Then I started to get worried about them and have been doing them twice a week.   :P

Huh? jt am I missing something here ???
DY peaked perfectly for every show, and that is what RIP is getting ready to do.
This is about body building .................. right  :)

And if RIP does not like it when I use a term of endearment she herself can tell me.

Thanks pp, I have no problem with chicky pooh.... ;)

jt, chill out. 

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:38 PM »
what are you weighing Rip?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

True.  And I have a big photo shoot coming up this Monday - all day - so I am preparing for that all weekend, and then I won't train or do cardio on Monday because I will be shooting all day.  It's alot of work, but it's kind of like a day off LOL. 

Who is the shoot with? 

then get my ass to Cleveland. 

hahahaha!

R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2008, 04:35:29 AM »
Who is the shoot with? 

Not sure I can say yet, but it's someone you know ;)

I did a little load-up for this shoot, and I suppose you could say I am feeling "full" which usually feels to me like I am retaining a bunch of water lol, I think I like the way I feel "flat" better ::)
Not sure what I weigh right now....we're going to just ride this week out with four hard training and diet days coming up after today, and then I am going to see Carla on Saturday to get things straight for the final week.   :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »

Not sure I can say yet, but it's someone you know ;)

I did a little load-up for this shoot, and I suppose you could say I am feeling "full" which usually feels to me like I am retaining a bunch of water lol, I think I like the way I feel "flat" better ::)
Not sure what I weigh right now....we're going to just ride this week out with four hard training and diet days coming up after today, and then I am going to see Carla on Saturday to get things straight for the final week.   :)

Pics please.  ;D
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »
Magazine shoot>>?? (like MD or Flex etc)

that's what i think of when a bodybuilder says they have a "big photo shoot comming up"
but it could be for your own self (to capture your best ever condition)
i know i wished i used a "professional photographer" to capture/record the condition i was in at my first show!

anyways  you look great Lori!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »
looks like "Rip" is too famous to answer my posts now. :o ::) ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »
looks like "Rip" is too famous to answer my posts now. :o ::) ;D
She no longer has time for fat people.
!