Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62188 times)

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:10 AM »
Finished watching Chris Faildo’s new DVD.  Here’s what I thought. 

First of all, it’s really long (2 discs, 6 hours).  It goes through everything in detail from his diet, training, cardio, to his house and dogs, and there is a really good interview section. 

My favorite part of the video was the interview section.  Here, he talks about how he got into bodybuilding, why he has chosen to be drug free for life, his personal training career, etc.   

My second favorite part/s was watching Chris prepare his food.  It was really nice to see someone put so much effort into preparing their food, weighing it out, packing it etc.  He puts a lot of importance into diet and is very meticulous; it was nice to see this. 

From watching the video, its apparent how driven, focused, and passionate about bodybuilding Chris is.  All in all, it’s a very good video. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
Finished watching Chris Faildo’s new DVD.  Here’s what I thought. 

First of all, it’s really long (2 discs, 6 hours).  It goes through everything in detail from his diet, training, cardio, to his house and dogs, and there is a really good interview section. 

My favorite part of the video was the interview section.  Here, he talks about how he got into bodybuilding, why he has chosen to be drug free for life, his personal training career, etc.   

My second favorite part/s was watching Chris prepare his food.  It was really nice to see someone put so much effort into preparing their food, weighing it out, packing it etc.  He puts a lot of importance into diet and is very meticulous; it was nice to see this. 

From watching the video, its apparent how driven, focused, and passionate about bodybuilding Chris is.  All in all, it’s a very good video. 

Thanks for the review Jeff, hope your training for the TU is off the hook.   I hope the DVD gives you that extra push towards your goals.  Good luck in NY.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »
Thanks for the review Jeff, hope your training for the TU is off the hook.   I hope the DVD gives you that extra push towards your goals.  Good luck in NY.

No problem.

Yeah, the DVD is motivating; ESPECIALLY when the person watching it is also getting ready for a show.  For some reason, its nice to see other go through the same things. 

However, the food you prepare looks delicious!  Watching you pepare and eat it makes me want to eat it.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »
Hey folks, just got back from Vegas.  Wow what a long trip.  I attended the USA Championships and supported one of my clients that was competing in the Figure C class.  She (Lori Brooks) took 12th out of 38 girls- not bad.  I trained everyday while I was there and had some kick ass workouts.  Meet tons of fans and was surprised how many of them purchased my DVD.  It is still selling well and a must get DVD.  www.cfaildo.com
I am ready for more questions so go for it. 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
Chris, are u willing to take tests to prove your natural status?
follow the arrows

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »
Anytime, anywhere, I got nothing to hide.  I said it before and I'll say it agian- I'm totally clean bro.
I'll take a drug test unannounced anytime.  Why don't you purchase my DVD and watch the interview portion of it, you'll understand why I do it MY way. www.cfaildo.com

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2008, 04:36:22 AM »
Anytime, anywhere, I got nothing to hide.  I said it before and I'll say it agian- I'm totally clean bro.
I'll take a drug test unannounced anytime.  Why don't you purchase my DVD and watch the interview portion of it, you'll understand why I do it MY way. www.cfaildo.com

chris you seem like a nice guy, but i think you are over promoting your dvd a little... :-\

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2008, 05:43:32 AM »

I think he's more than willing to do that. But, that ain't the issue.

Once he passes them, some folks aren't going to leave it at that. They're going to come up with all sorts of excuses and "theories" as to why Faildo is a drug user, i.e.:

"He came off, in time for the test".
"He's taking (insert the mystery drug here), which can't be detected in the urine".
"He's a good liar" (if a polygraph is part of the testing protocols).
"They didn't test his blood" (if a blood test isn't done)
"(Insert mystery drug here) can't be detected in the blood" (if a blood test is done).

And that's just the short list.

I'm not saying that there aren't guys who compete in natural shows that try to cheat by taking drugs. In fact, I think they are the very ones who scream the loudest. They figure, if they're taking roids ans STILL getting beat, their opponents MUST BE TAKING them, too.

That's not necessarily true.

In short, everybody ain't "clean"; but, everybody ain't "dirty", either.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
I think he's more than willing to do that. But, that ain't the issue.

Once he passes them, some folks aren't going to leave it at that. They're going to come up with all sorts of excuses and "theories" as to why Faildo is a drug user, i.e.:

"He came off, in time for the test".
"He's taking (insert the mystery drug here), which can't be detected in the urine".
"He's a good liar" (if a polygraph is part of the testing protocols).
"They didn't test his blood" (if a blood test isn't done)
"(Insert mystery drug here) can't be detected in the blood" (if a blood test is done).

And that's just the short list.

I'm not saying that there aren't guys who compete in natural shows that try to cheat by taking drugs. In fact, I think they are the very ones who scream the loudest. They figure, if they're taking roids ans STILL getting beat, their opponents MUST BE TAKING them, too.

That's not necessarily true.

In short, everybody ain't "clean"; but, everybody ain't "dirty", either.
you can't please them all. 

wgtnmuscle1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
well go and get his dvd and watch it,before you make coments
as im from nz
it is one of the best dvds i have
and have started working with chris too

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »
well go and get his dvd and watch it,before you make coments
as im from nz
it is one of the best dvds i have
and have started working with chris too
Yo Mr. New Zeland, thanks for the plug about the DVD.  I just sent you an e-mail, i hope I'm not asking to much out of you with this program.   I know if you follow it, you'll be in the best shape of your life.  Godd luck.

wgtnmuscle1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2008, 01:06:38 AM »
hi Chris
its all good with the programme
and thanks,and will be in the best shape ever :):)

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2008, 08:07:25 AM »
Hey Chris, just wondering if you've ever used a keto diet to get in shape for a contest? Thanks in advance!
Team Willet
Max-OT

per gunnar

• Getbig II
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2008, 04:35:51 AM »
Hi Chris.

I admire your physique and your guts to stand against the attacks on this forum.
How would you advise a fellow like me who can train only 3 days a week because of work? How many sets and reps? I am natural and have been that all the time. I am 47 years old and would like to gain 5 kilograms of muscle. Have been training for many years, but more like a powerlifter. I am starting to get pain in my shoulder and knees.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
Hey Chris, just wondering if you've ever used a keto diet to get in shape for a contest? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, never tried the keto diet. I like to keep my carbs in to keep my brain functioning. lol

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2008, 09:54:10 PM »
Hi Chris.

I admire your physique and your guts to stand against the attacks on this forum.
How would you advise a fellow like me who can train only 3 days a week because of work? How many sets and reps? I am natural and have been that all the time. I am 47 years old and would like to gain 5 kilograms of muscle. Have been training for many years, but more like a powerlifter. I am starting to get pain in my shoulder and knees.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks.
I would suggest training Chest and back on the first day, Legs including hamstrings and calves on the second, and shoulders and arms on the third.  I like to keep my reps in the 8-12 for uppers and 12-15 for legs.  Try some glucolsamine for that shoulder and knee pain.  Good luck, Chris

per gunnar

• Getbig II
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2008, 12:00:36 AM »
Thank you very much for you help Chris. :)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »
Anyone going to Dallas for the Europa show and expo? If so I'll be there at the Thermolife and GASP booth. Come by and say hello. 

ftse59

• Getbig I
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2008, 03:11:44 AM »
hey faildo, i wont be in dallas (shoulda told me u were going, its a little late now) but im getting ready for the BIG camping trip next month. bring your "a" game and get ready as ol uncle den is gonna show the ohana how to catch sum big fish baby!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
hey chris,

so how was the 202 and under show at the europa?

Think u can hang with those guys ???  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2008, 08:19:46 AM »
hey chris,

absolutley,if gets to 180 ish why not...

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
Chris I am currently injured and watching your DVD a lot.  You are Funny man!  You make me laugh.  I thought the part when you were ordering sushi was just too funny.  I really enjoy the DVD.  I cant wait to get back in the gym full time as right now its just abbs, legs and cardio for me.  I just want to tell everyone the DVD is awesome and Chris is a huge inspiration and seems to be just one hell of a person and bodybuilder.  Say hello to the family and wife, peace and god bless joe leahy.  ironjoeleahy.com.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2008, 10:17:01 PM »
hey faildo, i wont be in dallas (shoulda told me u were going, its a little late now) but im getting ready for the BIG camping trip next month. bring your "a" game and get ready as ol uncle den is gonna show the ohana how to catch sum big fish baby!!
Aloha Den, sorry i didn't let you know about my appearance in Dallas.  I've been so busy lately with everything and trying to take care of Deb.  She is looking terrific at 5 months pregnant.  I will call you sometime this week.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »
hey chris,

The 202lbs. class was crazy and stacked.  Flex Lewis and Roc Shabaz looked incredible and so was everyone else who competed.  I would have done well and maybe crack the top 15, hows that for doing well? As you can see the bodybuilders in the 202's mean business.  I've got lots of work cut out for me and will keep doing it the Faildo's way.  Someday it will be my turn to return to the stage and see how my physique stands up to these awesome bodybuilers.  As for now its in the trenches.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »
Chris I am currently injured and watching your DVD a lot.  You are Funny man!  You make me laugh.  I thought the part when you were ordering sushi was just too funny.  I really enjoy the DVD.  I cant wait to get back in the gym full time as right now its just abbs, legs and cardio for me.  I just want to tell everyone the DVD is awesome and Chris is a huge inspiration and seems to be just one hell of a person and bodybuilder.  Say hello to the family and wife, peace and god bless joe leahy.  ironjoeleahy.com.
Thanks Joe, what you see on the DVD is all me.  No fluff, no acting, just Chris Faildo's life.  That's what makes this DVD so special.  I am glad that Mitsuru Okabe and I worked it out and put out one hell of a DVD.  It is selling really well and hope others understand that this DVD is priceless.  cfaildo.com