Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev  (Read 114599 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev
« on: July 03, 2008, 01:25:55 AM »
Milos has been kind enough to start his own question and answer on the G and O. He wont be logging in much because of his busy schedule, so be patient and he will get to your question at his earliest convienence.  Ask him anything you'd like just keep it positive  :)

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted***

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »
 8)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:35:11 AM »
Yes!!   Great idea!!

Thanks for taking part Milos 8)
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:38:53 AM »
Yes!!   Great idea!!

Thanks for taking part Milos 8)

Yes, Milos was very kind.

So ask away! Milos probably has forgotten more stuff about training and nutrition than 99% of fitness/bodybuilding enthusiast will ever know.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:10:26 AM »
8)

Milos whats best to eat backstage when pumping up? Some guys eat chocolate others even like to drink cola....but whats your opinion?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
Milos whats best to eat backstage when pumping up? Some guys eat chocolate others even like to drink cola....but whats your opinion?

That depends on your complete contest prep...

Many guys (in Europe or World Championships) deplete all the way until the day of the show (or night before) and at that point they start eating "junk", "sugars"...(some I believe call this "shit loading"...Excuse my Spanish...)

I did 72 pro shows and 72 slightly different things...

There is not ONE BEST WAY to do things...there are many ways...

Bodybuilders should do something JUST BECAUSE it is expected from them...They should respond to their individual and particular needs...

So, if there is PUMP you are after...back stage...and you are empty...and can't "pump" for the life of you...THAN maybe some sugars will be appropriate...I often have glucose tablets - as there is no better way to get GLUCOSE faster and safer than that...

Remember - within only 3 minutes GLUCOSE finds its way into the blood stream...Now, if you know what that means - you can do certain things....

And when I say; don't do what is expected but what you need - I mean in many ways...Training/supplementation/diet/Rx...don't just be "monkey see, monkey was told...so monkey do" type of bodybuilder...

I had the other day competitor in my gym asking me how should he take THYROID...I looked at him and said; you need thyroid as much as
Nasser needs more imagination....

As he didn't realize what I am saying - I said: WHY WOULD YOU EVER TAKE THYROID looking as you do right now (guy was BEYOND RIPPED)...and he simply said: but I was told that everyone does it...?

Really?

Well, do you know WHAT will probably happened if you take this POTENT medication at this point ?

I would get leaner....

Do you think you can get leaner than this?

Well...no...but I heard that even you used it.... ::) ::) ::)

YES, when I needed it - I used PROPER AMOUNT for appropriate period of time with PRECISE GOAL IN MIND...

Again, don't do EVERYTHING you hear other people/bodybuilders do....JUST BECAUSE....Do it if you have legitimate reason for it...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:43:29 AM »
Milos has been kind enough to start his own question and answer on the G and O. He wont be logging in much because of his busy schedule, so be patient and he will get to your question at his earliest convienence.  Ask him anything you'd like just keep it positive  :)

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted***

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted ;D ;D ;D***

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted 8) 8) 8)***

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted :-* :-* :-****

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »
Milos:

What do you feel about super high reps for muscle gain? I'm talking 30-100 rep range. Some feel it can shock the body into growth others claim it's useless.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 11:35:43 AM »
Which pros are you preparing this season Milos for the Olympia (and other upcoming shows)?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
That depends on your complete contest prep...

Many guys (in Europe or World Championships) deplete all the way until the day of the show (or night before) and at that point they start eating "junk", "sugars"...(some I believe call this "shit loading"...Excuse my Spanish...)

I did 72 pro shows and 72 slightly different things...

There is not ONE BEST WAY to do things...there are many ways...

Bodybuilders should do something JUST BECAUSE it is expected from them...They should respond to their individual and particular needs...

So, if there is PUMP you are after...back stage...and you are empty...and can't "pump" for the life of you...THAN maybe some sugars will be appropriate...I often have glucose tablets - as there is no better way to get GLUCOSE faster and safer than that...

Remember - within only 3 minutes GLUCOSE finds its way into the blood stream...Now, if you know what that means - you can do certain things....

And when I say; don't do what is expected but what you need - I mean in many ways...Training/supplementation/diet/Rx...don't just be "monkey see, monkey was told...so monkey do" type of bodybuilder...

I had the other day competitor in my gym asking me how should he take THYROID...I looked at him and said; you need thyroid as much as
Nasser needs more imagination....

As he didn't realize what I am saying - I said: WHY WOULD YOU EVER TAKE THYROID looking as you do right now (guy was BEYOND RIPPED)...and he simply said: but I was told that everyone does it...?

Really?

Well, do you know WHAT will probably happened if you take this POTENT medication at this point ?

I would get leaner....

Do you think you can get leaner than this?

Well...no...but I heard that even you used it.... ::) ::) ::)

YES, when I needed it - I used PROPER AMOUNT for appropriate period of time with PRECISE GOAL IN MIND...

Again, don't do EVERYTHING you hear other people/bodybuilders do....JUST BECAUSE....Do it if you have legitimate reason for it...

Thanks Milos! I hope we have other pros too posting here soon....  :)

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »
Hi Milos,

Q. How do you think Luke Wood will place at the Atlantic pro this year?

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »
Aloha Milos, great to see another IFBB Pro doing a Q&A for this site.  By the way how did you like my DVD? I'll be in LA from July 18th-23rd hopefully we can hook up. Take care, Chris

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 04:56:43 PM »
Aloha Milos, great to see another IFBB Pro doing a Q&A for this site.  By the way how did you like my DVD? I'll be in LA from July 18th-23rd hopefully we can hook up. Take care, Chris

Hi Chris.

I just got the DVD and this weekend I will hopefully find the time to watch it. I will give you my honest review afterwards...
I am really looking foreword to watch it...as I admire your persistence, drive and certainly - phenomenal physique...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »
Hi Milos,

Q. How do you think Luke Wood will place at the Atlantic pro this year?

His best EVER placing...looking better than ever...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
Milos:

What do you feel about super high reps for muscle gain? I'm talking 30-100 rep range. Some feel it can shock the body into growth others claim it's useless.

Those who claim it's useless are those who never tried it...

But, to me IT IS NOT IMPORTANT HOW MANY REPS YOU DO PER SET...IT IS HOW YOU DO IT....

Now - for ages it is accepted that bodybuilders should train certain way...It is painful for me to even think about it...

Let me ask you:

How many of you honestly thought about WHY most of the bodybuilders pretty much do SAME EXERCISES, with SAME repetition protocols, same sets, same-same-same-same...everything?

You can name 100 bodybuilders and guess their lifetime routines and everyone will be about 90% accurate...

Everyone trains pretty much the same (for really - A LIFETIME...not just couple of years...but FOREVER AND EVER..)

Well, does it really have to be that way?

I will soon make few clips of unconventional exercises I do for each and every muscle group...I am sure some of you would appreciate it (while some would find it ridiculous...)

VARIETY is "THE NAME OF THE GAME" - what I consider THE most important factor in continuous progress...

As long as you CHANGE something in your training and address as many training variables (load, tempo, range of motion, angle, stance, grip....rep range, volume...etc...etc) as you can - there is a very good chance that you are indeed STIMULATING MUSCLES to grow - creating shock that your body is just not accustom to...

Now, if you understand that stimulation of muscle fibers without the presence of appropriate and adequate nutritional support means WASTING TIME...than (and only than) you can honestly conclude if only HEAVY WEIGHT AND LOW REPS produce muscular growth...or...just about EVERY KIND OF MUSCLE CONTRACTION could trigger - muscular hypertrophy...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 05:25:48 PM »
Just wanted to say a preemptive thank you to Milos for his time here. Not to be a massive ass-kisser, but it is great to have someone of your knowledge take the time.

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 06:14:52 PM »
Those who claim it's useless are those who never tried it...

But, to me IT IS NOT IMPORTANT HOW MANY REPS YOU DO PER SET...IT IS HOW YOU DO IT....

Now - for ages it is accepted that bodybuilders should train certain way...It is painful for me to even think about it...

Let me ask you:

How many of you honestly thought about WHY most of the bodybuilders pretty much do SAME EXERCISES, with SAME repetition protocols, same sets, same-same-same-same...everything?

You can name 100 bodybuilders and guess their lifetime routines and everyone will be about 90% accurate...

Everyone trains pretty much the same (for really - A LIFETIME...not just couple of years...but FOREVER AND EVER..)

Well, does it really have to be that way?

I will soon make few clips of unconventional exercises I do for each and every muscle group...I am sure some of you would appreciate it (while some would find it ridiculous...)

VARIETY is "THE NAME OF THE GAME" - what I consider THE most important factor in continuous progress...

As long as you CHANGE something in your training and address as many training variables (load, tempo, range of motion, angle, stance, grip....rep range, volume...etc...etc) as you can - there is a very good chance that you are indeed STIMULATING MUSCLES to grow - creating shock that your body is just not accustom to...

Now, if you understand that stimulation of muscle fibers without the presence of appropriate and adequate nutritional support means WASTING TIME...than (and only than) you can honestly conclude if only HEAVY WEIGHT AND LOW REPS produce muscular growth...or...just about EVERY KIND OF MUSCLE CONTRACTION could trigger - muscular hypertrophy...

I'm not being negetive here Milos, but you did not really answer his question. As you should full well know, there is a certain range for power, strength and hypertrophy and you can hit a muscle so many ways.

AVBG

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »
His best EVER placing...looking better than ever...
I hope so..He sure does deserve a trouble free prep.

As you would be aware Luke is in training with Con Demetriou for this prep and there will be three Aussies on stage in Antlantic City!

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »

cool

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
Milos, do you think pros like Ronnie Coleman, Kevin Levrone, Tom Prince, etc (some of the most developed bodybuilders ever) would have been even more muscular had they used amino acids around workouts and done giant sets instead of straight sets with higher loads? Or would they have gotten to their peak faster? Reason I mentioned these pros is that Tom was very anti-supplement, Kevin reportedly never used any kinds of supplements and Ronnie went to a restaurant after training to eat.

Also, is giant sets something you prescribe year round or do you put in blocks of straight set training (more traditional training) at some point during a training year?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 06:39:31 PM »
I hope so..He sure does deserve a trouble free prep.

As you would be aware Luke is in training with Con Demetriou for this prep and there will be three Aussies on stage in Antlantic City!

Cool, great to see some more Aussies on stage!

I wish Luke all the best. Seems like a nice bloke. Hopefully he shows up ready to do some damage.
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 01:03:19 AM »
Hey Milos,

I was just asking chris faildo about what type of meal replacement shakes he uses and he uses the metrx version. Im just curious, what MRP's do you or did you have your clients take, if any at all.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
hi Milos, can you explain why exogenous insulin better for muscle gains than endogenous insulin?

as i thought both have to be perfectly balanced with carb intake regardless.

thanks
175lbs by 31st July

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »
Milos, do you think pros like Ronnie Coleman, Kevin Levrone, Tom Prince, etc (some of the most developed bodybuilders ever) would have been even more muscular had they used amino acids around workouts and done giant sets instead of straight sets with higher loads? Or would they have gotten to their peak faster? Reason I mentioned these pros is that Tom was very anti-supplement, Kevin reportedly never used any kinds of supplements and Ronnie went to a restaurant after training to eat.

Also, is giant sets something you prescribe year round or do you put in blocks of straight set training (more traditional training) at some point during a training year?

hmmm, thats a good one.  :)

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Miss you brother.. Please give my best to Mila & the rest of the Fullerton crew. 10 weeks out and on target. The exercises you showed have done wonders.. Thanks for the knowledge. Disgusted is working his magic. I went back to old school contest prep and I'm 3 weeks ahead conditioning wise. I'll be guest posing 3 weeks out from the AC.. You will be very happy ;)