Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev  (Read 114609 times)

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »
Miss you brother.. Please give my best to Mila & the rest of the Fullerton crew. 10 weeks out and on target. The exercises you showed have done wonders.. Thanks for the knowledge. Disgusted is working his magic. I went back to old school contest prep and I'm 3 weeks ahead conditioning wise. I'll be guest posing 3 weeks out from the AC.. You will be very happy ;)

Good luck king..Hopefully you can bring your A package...peace

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 05:34:24 PM »
Miss you brother.. Please give my best to Mila & the rest of the Fullerton crew. 10 weeks out and on target. The exercises you showed have done wonders.. Thanks for the knowledge. Disgusted is working his magic. I went back to old school contest prep and I'm 3 weeks ahead conditioning wise. I'll be guest posing 3 weeks out from the AC.. You will be very happy ;)

wow, King, long time no see.

This is the positive board, you should post more. The peeps who post here are cool. No arguing or stupid shit here, just people who are generally interested in what you guys have to say.
No doubt about it...

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
Nicky.Smth:  My 3 week out guest posing pics will be a great preview of what is coming to Vegas.

webcke:  Any thing for my good friend Milos... I will post more often. It's my time.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »
Nicky.Smth:  My 3 week out guest posing pics will be a great preview of what is coming to Vegas.

webcke:  Any thing for my good friend Milos... I will post more often. It's my time.

Hey king, nice to see you here.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
Nice to see you posting again Kamali. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »

Nice to see you here King, and at the risk of sounding an ass kisser yet again I really appreciated what you said on Big Nation radio reference 'certain' comments made here about Ronnie.

Please stick around.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »
hey King, nice to see you posting here. Please share your input whenever u feel the need to do so. This is a positive board, and NO BULLSHIT is allowed. And we'd love for you to post here. And as you can see we have two of the best, both Milos and Disgusted sharing with us here.

So good luck at the AC, bring your best ever, and hope to see u posting here more soon!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »
Milos has been kind enough to start his own question and answer on the G and O. He wont be logging in much because of his busy schedule, so be patient and he will get to your question at his earliest convienence.  Ask him anything you'd like just keep it positive  :)

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted***

lol

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »
I'm not being negetive here Milos, but you did not really answer his question. As you should full well know, there is a certain range for power, strength and hypertrophy and you can hit a muscle so many ways.

You are not being negative here Coach?
Again, you jump in to tell me that I did not really answer his question?

Really?

QUESTION:

Milos:
What do you feel about super high reps for muscle gain? I'm talking 30-100 rep range. Some feel it can shock the body into growth others claim it's useless.

ANSWER:

Those who claim it's useless are those who never tried it...

But, to me IT IS NOT IMPORTANT HOW MANY REPS YOU DO PER SET...IT IS HOW YOU DO IT....

Now - for ages it is accepted that bodybuilders should train certain way...It is painful for me to even think about it...

Let me ask you:

How many of you honestly thought about WHY most of the bodybuilders pretty much do SAME EXERCISES, with SAME repetition protocols, same sets, same-same-same-same...everything?

You can name 100 bodybuilders and guess their lifetime routines and everyone will be about 90% accurate...

Everyone trains pretty much the same (for really - A LIFETIME...not just couple of years...but FOREVER AND EVER..)

Well, does it really have to be that way?

I will soon make few clips of unconventional exercises I do for each and every muscle group...I am sure some of you would appreciate it (while some would find it ridiculous...)

VARIETY is "THE NAME OF THE GAME" - what I consider THE most important factor in continuous progress...

As long as you CHANGE something in your training and address as many training variables (load, tempo, range of motion, angle, stance, grip....rep range, volume...etc...etc) as you can - there is a very good chance that you are indeed STIMULATING MUSCLES to grow - creating shock that your body is just not accustom to...

Now, if you understand that stimulation of muscle fibers without the presence of appropriate and adequate nutritional support means WASTING TIME...than (and only than) you can honestly conclude if only HEAVY WEIGHT AND LOW REPS produce muscular growth...or...just about EVERY KIND OF MUSCLE CONTRACTION could trigger - muscular hypertrophy...

Now Coach...what is your exact point?

You want to tell me that question was: Can you tell me a range or repetitions for power, strength and hypertrophy and IF you can hit a muscle so many ways? ::)

You want to tell me about the rep ranges USUALLY USED by a rookie trainers (like yourself) who learned "rocket science" of repetition protocols for strength, speed, power, endurance, hypertrophy....?

Oh - let me see Coach..How does this sound 1-5 STRENGTH, POWER, 6-12 HYPERTOPHY/fast twitch fiber specific, 12+ ENDURANCE/slow twitch fiber specific training... ::) ::) ::)

But Coach...why don't we ell people here what is the real problem you have with me?

You told one of my clients and friends from Getbig (Dean)...that Milos is full of sh-aleluyah...
You told him how you know everything I know and than some...and he challenged you about it...

What's more he gave me your phone and I did call you to tell you that I would be MORE THAN HAPPY IF you would want to meet and have little open debate...and compare the knowledge...which you so panicky refused...

I told you that I would be more than happy to publicly embarrass you and show the world how little you know...as I (and anyone else with remotely elemental knowledge of physiology, exercise physiology, clinical and sports nutrition, biochemistry, anatomy...etc) could see through you - oh so easily....

I am still giving you the same offer: bring the camcorder and anyone you care to be there to possibly be there for your support (John might be ideal...as I see him as the honest man who is a TRUE EXPERT, contrary to you...)...

There is nothing else that I can say but: I tried to be nice...I even offered to train you and consult you...but your damaged ego got on the way...

So Coachy...Let me answer my questions MY WAY...and next time READ the real question and not between the lines...

So, news to you a Coach ( ::)...Coach for what exactly? ;D...Waste time? Well, I'll give you that...Nobody does better than you ;)):

Can you imagine stimulating GROWTH and HYPERTROPHY using the number of repetitions that are NOT considered stimulating to fast-twitch muscle fiber development?

Hmmmmm?

T - A - K - E     Y - O - U - R     T - I - M - E ....think long and hard...and maybe - ANSWER THE QUESTION? ;D

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »
Milos, do you think pros like Ronnie Coleman, Kevin Levrone, Tom Prince, etc (some of the most developed bodybuilders ever) would have been even more muscular had they used amino acids around workouts and done giant sets instead of straight sets with higher loads? Or would they have gotten to their peak faster? Reason I mentioned these pros is that Tom was very anti-supplement, Kevin reportedly never used any kinds of supplements and Ronnie went to a restaurant after training to eat.

Also, is giant sets something you prescribe year round or do you put in blocks of straight set training (more traditional training) at some point during a training year?

1) I absolutely do...

That doesn't mean they didn't achieve ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL DEVELOPMENT anyway...(there are different ways to the same destination...I happen to believe that mine is THE BEST, FASTEST and MOST EFFECTIVE WAY by none).

2) The reason I started training GIANT SETS again was - when I was asked in one of the seminars WHAT IS IN MY OPINION the best, most effective...fastest...et c...etc way to train...

I said without the hesitation:

Well, the best way would certainly be IF one can achieve MAXIMAL STIMULATION of MAXIMAL amount (and type) of different muscle fibers
which is achieved certainly by PRECISE utilization of GIANT SETS.
Than, considering HYPEREMIA ADVANTAGE - if we are able to deliver the EXACT nutrients of choice (anabolic and anti-catabolic nutrients that is) to working muscle (and we know that blood flow to the muscle ONLY reaches certain hyperemic levels DURING and certainly not AFTER the training)...and we can insure RELEASE of ANABOLIC and ANTI-CATABOLIC hormones - at specific, most important time...(when nutrients of choice are in the blood and blood is in the muscle... ;))...potential of muscle hypertrophy will reach its peak...

So, the same person who asked me that question asked me another one:

So Milos, you train like that all the time?

And I realized that I am no better than most of the people I accuse of NOT THINKING and being able to LIE TO MYSELF...

As - if I was honest to myself and asked that question long ago - I would have realized that the ONLY REASON WHY I AM NOT TRAINING THIS WAY IS:...it is too "f-in" hard...and I managed to forget that style of training so easily and make my mind purposely forget to think about it...as I was nothing but a - chickenshit (Coach, I know how you feel bro... ;))...

Anyway. When I realized that I was a Coachy type...I made a decision to become a man...and challenge myself again...

;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
Those who claim it's useless are those who never tried it...

But, to me IT IS NOT IMPORTANT HOW MANY REPS YOU DO PER SET...IT IS HOW YOU DO IT....

Now - for ages it is accepted that bodybuilders should train certain way...It is painful for me to even think about it...

Let me ask you:

How many of you honestly thought about WHY most of the bodybuilders pretty much do SAME EXERCISES, with SAME repetition protocols, same sets, same-same-same-same...everything?

You can name 100 bodybuilders and guess their lifetime routines and everyone will be about 90% accurate...

Everyone trains pretty much the same (for really - A LIFETIME...not just couple of years...but FOREVER AND EVER..)

Well, does it really have to be that way?

I will soon make few clips of unconventional exercises I do for each and every muscle group...I am sure some of you would appreciate it (while some would find it ridiculous...)

VARIETY is "THE NAME OF THE GAME" - what I consider THE most important factor in continuous progress...

As long as you CHANGE something in your training and address as many training variables (load, tempo, range of motion, angle, stance, grip....rep range, volume...etc...etc) as you can - there is a very good chance that you are indeed STIMULATING MUSCLES to grow - creating shock that your body is just not accustom to...

Now, if you understand that stimulation of muscle fibers without the presence of appropriate and adequate nutritional support means WASTING TIME...than (and only than) you can honestly conclude if only HEAVY WEIGHT AND LOW REPS produce muscular growth...or...just about EVERY KIND OF MUSCLE CONTRACTION could trigger - muscular hypertrophy...

You mentioned this, when making reference to the shakes you were giving to guys like Silvio Samuel, Luke Wood, and Hideo (can't remember his last name).

I have two questions, regarding this:

1) Do those work only when someone is training in this manner, or can they use conventional training method (i.e. 8-10 reps and straight sets)?

2) I've made my cheap version of the shake you recommended using 60 ml (2 fl oz.) of liquid aminos, 6 grams creatine (w/35 grams of dextrose included), and 5 grams of glutamine. Is there any way I can improve that recipe?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »
hi Milos, can you explain why exogenous insulin better for muscle gains than endogenous insulin?

as i thought both have to be perfectly balanced with carb intake regardless.

thanks

Taking EXOGENOUS insulin has NUMEROUS ADVANTAGES...NUMEROUS.

I am sorry to make you wait...but it is Family time for me...so stay tuned...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »

King - ALL THE BEST bro and remember - IF you need anything - you know how to find me.

I am sure that you and Disgusted have everything in control and IF you need additional conformation for anything - just call.

Take care!

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »
You mentioned this, when making reference to the shakes you were giving to guys like Silvio Samuel, Luke Wood, and Hideo (can't remember his last name).

I have two questions, regarding this:

1) Do those work only when someone is training in this manner, or can they use conventional training method (i.e. 8-10 reps and straight sets)?

2) I've made my cheap version of the shake you recommended using 60 ml (2 fl oz.) of liquid aminos, 6 grams creatine (w/35 grams of dextrose included), and 5 grams of glutamine. Is there any way I can improve that recipe?

Perfect question for me to answer...but I need extra time to do it properly...so please stay tuned...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »
First, if we all understand the real REASON to follow KETOGENIC TYPE OF DIET for bodybuilders and/or realize that DNL (or De Nuovo Lipogenesis) hardly happens in humans ( I know I am opening a can of worms, but - oh well... or maybe better choice of words would be that humans have very limited DNL capacity )- we can structure pretty much the PERFECT DIET where we could simultaneously build muscle and loose fat at the same time...

could you expand on this milos?

is this the diet you lay out in the 'secret of the pro's" nutrition seminar portion?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »

Well, the best way would certainly be IF one can achieve MAXIMAL STIMULATION of MAXIMAL amount (and type) of different muscle fibers
which is achieved certainly by PRECISE utilization of GIANT SETS.

How do you decide the training volume an athlete does in a given workout? How often should you train a muscle?

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »
You are not being negative here Coach?
Again, you jump in to tell me that I did not really answer his question?

Really?

QUESTION:

Milos:
What do you feel about super high reps for muscle gain? I'm talking 30-100 rep range. Some feel it can shock the body into growth others claim it's useless.

Easy Milos this isn't the owning Board... ;D

Forget about the Coach He isn't worth your time...And he's to busy training Hollywood super stars..

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »
Milos
Even though you claimed (maybe im wrong?) plasma expanders = bullshit that doesnt work, can you tell me why pro's like lobarede claim they used them with "wonderfull" results?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 12:51:27 AM »
Milos
Even though you claimed (maybe im wrong?) plasma expanders = bullshit that doesnt work, can you tell me why pro's like lobarede claim they used them with "wonderfull" results?

Even though I claimed that I did finally find out the way how to correctly and effectively (but still not SAFELY enough!...by my standards anyway...) use Plasma Expanders for the PRE CONTEST method for bodybuilders [to specifically and intentionally manipulate water distribution within the body...directing the water from the unwanted places :-X into the very much wanted  ;D places or spaces of the body ... By being able to achieve the "ideal hydration" rather than the usual and very DANGEROUS and unhealthy dehydration often seen on the stages of bodybuilding competitions, for decades.

I publicly urged bodybuilders NOT to try PE...because of the high risks and potentially deleterious outcome...

Potential to move extracellular water into the vascular system theoretically would make PE interesting to competing bodybuilder...but, speaking from personal experience - it is hardly worth it and very hard to find with 100% certainty correct amount, timing, kind of PE...lenght of complete "mini-cycle"...etc..etc...Simply - there are so many variables - it is NOT something I would EVER advice to anyone...except for suicidal candidates...and well - maybe Coach...( :-* :-* :-*Just kidding Couch...BTW - am I answering the question by your standards?)

Well, speaking of answering the question...

Can you show me WONDERFUL RESULTS Christian supposedly achieved...?

Maybe from his point of view holding only Atlantic Ocean Equivalent of the subcutaneous water instead of his usual Pacific Ocean Full is WONDERFUL indeed...

Christian - you know I am only kidding...I did call you a "human sponge" few times at the shows...but never Pacific Ocean...

You must realize that calling you Atlantic Ocean is in reality - compliment...as:

Atlantic Ocean is the second-largest of the world's oceanic divisions - but still much smaller than Pacific..
The volume of the Atlantic Ocean is 354,700,000 cubic kilometers (85,100,000 cu mi)...as you see - much less than your "usual"... ;D ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2008, 06:00:33 AM »
milos whats your opinion on morning cardio?  :D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2008, 09:05:30 AM »
Great thread, thanks a lot Milos!

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »
Milos
is your Giant-Set program also beneficial for naturals or is this too much stimulation so they can't even compensate the broken down tissue??

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
Milos
is your Giant-Set program also beneficial for naturals or is this too much stimulation so they can't even compensate the broken down tissue??
Not to step on Milos' toes here, but I have used the giant set method with good results and naturally as well. At first your strength will go down, but after a few weeks it starts coming back up and before long you are doing giant sets with the same weight you were doing straight sets with. I did not use the # of exercises Milos' does, I used far less, about 5-6 for a giants set. it was a fun alternative for awhile.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
Milos,

Great to have you back posting again.

How close to failure should you go when completing an excercise during a Giant set?
Air Falcon

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »
milos whats your opinion on morning cardio?  :D

Make sure you do it in the morning 8)...Otherwise it would not be called "morning cardio"..

Now, if I need to assume WHAT you really meant I can tell you - options are just too many...
Did you want to say - on empty stomach...compare it to ANYTIME cardio...etc..etc...What exactly do you need my opinion on?

*** I do believe that doing CARDIO upon awakening, on empty stomach is VERY GOOD PRACTICE and IMO it does burn more fat in comparison to after meals cardio (regardless of the time performed...AM or PM)...