Author Topic: B&A Show has been cancelled!  (Read 35013 times)

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
There is only one man to blame for all the $ you B&A athletes have lost
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2008, 08:50:01 AM »
if you lost money - your hotel reservations, your plane ticket, etc.  You have one man to blame.

This man is taking credit for calling sponsors and helping to scare them into backing out of the shows.  He has repeatedly claimed in the past to be doing favors for IFBB and NPC. 

Vince Goodrum is an enemy of bodybuilding, in my opinion.  He is an enemy of bodybuilders trying to make a living.  If you lost money on plane tickets or hotel room, it's because this guy called sponsors and spooked them.  He bragged about it.  He personally disrupted your financials.   Many of you haven't heard about this from getbig board - but this message will be posted on every bodybuilder, supplement, and message board for the next 14 days.

Thanks for hurting our money, Vince Goodrum.  I plan on informing everyone about you.
I

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: There is only one man to blame for all the $ you B&A athletes have lost
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2008, 08:54:14 AM »
 :o

炎上!!

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
A lot of us Euro guys lost a lot of money on this show.

And you have this guy bragging about how he caused all of this.

Anyone have details on who this Vince Goodrum is?
I

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2008, 09:32:44 AM »
A lot of us Euro guys lost a lot of money on this show.

And you have this guy bragging about how he caused all of this.

Anyone have details on who this Vince Goodrum is?

He's a blowhard loser who didn't "cause" anything.  Have you ever heard him speak?  He's an uneducated bumpkin with a thick hillbilly accent who no one in their right mind would take seriously.  If he did actually call any sponsors, they would have laughed at his pathetic ass and hung up on him inside of 15 seconds.

The man to blame is the show's promotor, who over-promised, under-delivered, and in the end cancelled on you to spare himself further financial loss.
Ron: "I am lazy."

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »

He's a blowhard loser who didn't "cause" anything.  Have you ever heard him speak?  He's an uneducated bumpkin with a thick hillbilly accent who no one in their right mind would take seriously.  If he did actually call any sponsors, they would have laughed at his pathetic ass and hung up on him inside of 15 seconds.

The man to blame is the show's promotor, who over-promised, under-delivered, and in the end cancelled on you to spare himself further financial loss.
A+

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: B&A SHOW CANCELED!!!
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
Vince, seriously, how many people do you think were registered to compete in this contest?

I bet it was less than 25, including crossovers. 

Who knows, it could have been less.  Even worse, I'm hearing now that some of the guest posers like Serge were going to be reimbursed when they showed up for the event which means that he could possibly be out about 2k as well although very doubtful.

Tre, if Ben hands over the lease to you then you could whip together a last minute event or something else.  Who knows
A

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »

Your opinion has been noted.  However there are 2 overseas teams who invested 100k+ to make this trip - in training, precontest, travel, accomodations.  We have been in touch with promoter every step of way and he assures us someone was working to detail his efforts all along with sponsor.  We also have this man who claim he was responsible for sponsor quitting.
I

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
if you lost money - your hotel reservations, your plane ticket, etc.  You have one man to blame.

This man is taking credit for calling sponsors and helping to scare them into backing out of the shows.  He has repeatedly claimed in the past to be doing favors for IFBB and NPC. 

Vince Goodrum is an enemy of bodybuilding, in my opinion.  He is an enemy of bodybuilders trying to make a living.  If you lost money on plane tickets or hotel room, it's because this guy called sponsors and spooked them.  He bragged about it.  He personally disrupted your financials.   Many of you haven't heard about this from getbig board - but this message will be posted on every bodybuilder, supplement, and message board for the next 14 days.

Thanks for hurting our money, Vince Goodrum.  I plan on informing everyone about you.
I

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »
real name is melvin - can you confirm please?
I

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »
vince,

why you do such a thing at expense of the athletes?  many had never heard of you, your posts, or this place.  all we hear is now you gloating of destroying our financials during these tough times.

you brag.  you are not sorry.  many men lost money becuz of your action.
I

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »
take it easy on him, him and his boyfriend are getting married soon.

We've been together for over a year so you bet. We'll be getting married in November in Thunder Bay, Canada. 

Since the US doesn't recognize gay marriage, we both decided to say fuck it and go to a country that does.  Our relationship is our own personal business and no-one has the right to interfere in it whether its Getbig or George Bush.
c

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »
take it east on him, him and his boyfriend are getting married soon.

:-X :-X :-X

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »

Vince didn't *do* shit.  He posted on GetBig, so what.  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2008, 10:05:44 AM »

Who knows, it could have been less.  Even worse, I'm hearing now that some of the guest posers like Serge were going to be reimbursed when they showed up for the event which means that he could possibly be out about 2k as well although very doubtful.

Tre, if Ben hands over the lease to you then you could whip together a last minute event or something else.  Who knows

It's (allegedly) paid for, so we might as well do something with it...a B&A memorial service, maybe??  lol

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »
It's (allegedly) paid for, so we might as well do something with it...a B&A memorial service, maybe??  lol

I'll help out with all the "busy work". Seriously.  Pleanty of time still. Could be a lot of cross overs, especially the ones out of the top 5.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »
I'll help out with all the "busy work". Seriously.  Pleanty of time still. Could be a lot of cross overs, especially the ones out of the top 5.

He should also give us all the cash he'd raised to pay out in prizes.  We can buy dinner for everyone who shows up. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

You ignorant boob, I'm not responsible for the complete failure of the B&A show.  The main thing I did was to let NPC athletes know that it was never sanctioned by the NPC and that competing for prize money may have invalidated your status as an NPC amateur athlete.

There were too many claims going around that an NPC athlete would not have gotten in any trouble which was highly incorrect.  The NPC and IFBB had already repeated the same warning to all athletes.

I called up the sponsors to see if they were actually aware of the same thing as well as the office of Gov Schwartznegger and sure enough they didn't know.

What really did in Ben's show was 3 things.

1.  Holding it on the same weekend and area as the NPC USA which pissed off everyone and then advertising the event on Getbig where Ron Avidan is a personal friend of Jon Lindsay

2.  Lying about the status of the show knowing that he was having issues with getting everything secured.

3.  Messing with me via PM which caused me to brutally shoot down his plane into the sea.

Your team didn't even have to listen to me, you could have used some common sense and looked all the facts about the event beforehand and you would have saved 100K.  It wasn't just me who advised people not to do this show.

Even Ben's not saying I was the cause of the cancellation.  He's already stated that he cancelled his show due to receiving death threats and I never threatened to kill him. 

If you want to blame someone, then talk to Ben.

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »
Your opinion has been noted.  However there are 2 overseas teams who invested 100k+ to make this trip - in training, precontest, travel, accomodations.  We have been in touch with promoter every step of way and he assures us someone was working to detail his efforts all along with sponsor.  We also have this man who claim he was responsible for sponsor quitting.

N I G G A  Please....... ::)

A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2008, 04:06:54 PM »
Nobody messes with Melvin Goodrum! The question everyone wants to know is what do you carry in your pocket that Special Ed ought to fear if you catch up with him?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »
Nobody messes with Melvin Goodrum! The question everyone wants to know is what do you carry in your pocket that Special Ed ought to fear if you catch up with him?
Knowing Vinces "type", it's probably a ski mask, a robbery note and his didlo he uses as a fake pistol.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moosejay

« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2008, 06:22:05 PM »
I wasn't even talking about the costs, so much as the hassle of having to deal with all those different elements.

And anyone who's ever dealt with union personnel in Vegas or NYC (specifically those 2 cities) knows exactly what I'm saying. 

agreed...it can be such a colossal hassle that may make the effort not even worthwhile

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2008, 06:37:03 PM »

It's not as much as he hurts bodybuilding every time he takes his shirt off.

Moosejay

« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2008, 06:42:02 PM »
why do we no longer hear at all from "Ben1"?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »
why do we no longer hear at all from "Ben1"?
Maybe those death threats have come true :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moosejay

« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
Maybe those death threats have come true :o

man...i have run a few shows and took a bath...but could not just close up and deny all of what they worked for...

maybe ben1 never competed so he does not know what its like?