Author Topic: Hammer Strenghth  (Read 4645 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Hammer Strenghth
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »
I like hammer strength due to it a fixed motion as opposed to free weights.

What's funny is that one of the stock weight arguments is the need for "stabilizer muscles" when (1) there's no proof that matters, and (2) when in fact there's always an equal and opposing counter-argument that the fixed plane allows one to focus more on increasing the load on the muscle. It's never as cut and dried as some like to suppose.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:17 AM »
That's only part of it actually, he used some of them due to injury then said later some of them were better ie smith squats.

No thats not only part of it THAT IS IT. Dorian prefered free weighs and free weights was what built Dorian and only at the end of his career did he start using machines because he was forced to because of his injuries. Hammerstrenght sponsored him and put a few machines at his gym.

In his video Blood N Guts he doesnt do smith squats, he does leg extensions, followed by legpresses and machine hack squats.

Hope this helps.
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 01:49:37 AM »

In his video Blood N Guts he doesnt do smith squats, he does leg extensions, followed by legpresses and machine hack squats.

Priceless self-ownage considering those are all machines not weights lol i'm done kid you're getting nowhere. :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 02:12:28 AM »
Priceless self-ownage considering those are all machines not weights lol i'm done kid you're getting nowhere. :D

Yes of course they're machines. He was forced to give up regular squats due to injuries. I've allready told you that. But you claim that he replaced them with smith squats and not only that, you claim he prefered them over the regular squats - yet he doesn't do smith squats in the only training video he ever released.

You claim that Dorian used machines because he was "opened minded" and he "loved it" when in reality he prefered free weights and it was free weights that built Dorians body and only when he got various injuries did he start working with machines because HE HAD TO.
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:17 AM »
Game, set and match. I appreciate you putting one right over the plate for me. ;D Also, tone down on that 27 sets a muscle, that's absurd.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
How about we keep the pissing contests to a minimum and stick to posting advice and info?
Squishy face retard

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 04:13:53 PM »
Want to here some opionions on Plate loaded Hammer Strenghth equitment. I have always used freeweights and have recently tried these out. Was supprised at the amount of weight I could lift.

Free-weights are best for stability and overall functional strength.

No cheating in free-weights.

I do HS as an adjunct, but it's easy compared to compound free-weight movements.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...