Author Topic: shoulder tendonitis  (Read 3383 times)

mopar_freak

• Getbig II
shoulder tendonitis
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »
hey guys. I have shoulder tendonitis and pain in my left shoulder. I get a lot of pain in my rotator cuff.
ive had this since I was 12 years old. I think its because I grew so fast, I was 6’4 in gr9 and it comes and goes every few months. NEways I was wondering if anyone else has this and what they do to help it.

this is what im trying
1 taking 1800mg of Advil for 2 weeks( that’s what the doctor told me to do last time this happened in the winter.
2. lowered the weight when training and warm up my rotator cuff a lot more before training.

I was wondering what you people think.

and do you think it’s a good idea to only use machines and cables when doing chest and shoulders???
mish1234
so hot

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: shoulder tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
You shouldn't take advil.  Tom Prince lost a kidney to advil. 

mopar_freak

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »
what should i do ?
mish1234
so hot

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »
what should i do ?

Nothing really you can do if the diagnosis is correct except rest, ice and anti-inflammatories. The problem is if you don't lay off of it for a while it will become a constant recurring injury. When the muscles and tendons become injured they become imflammed and with the limited space between the humerus and acromion (upper head of the arm and the top of the shoulder blade) it becomes irritated as well as the surrounding tissue.

Rest, ice, anti-imflammatories.

mopar_freak

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 06:14:25 AM »
everywhere i read it said ice it for 20min on then 20 min off. the only info i could not find is-

how meny times a day can i do this????  and should i do it everyday???
mish1234
so hot

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 07:56:40 AM »
everywhere i read it said ice it for 20min on then 20 min off. the only info i could not find is-

how meny times a day can i do this????  and should i do it everyday???

3 times per day at 20min for ice. 800-1600mg (800mg morning 800mg evening) for Ibuprofin for about a week or two.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
i had rotator cuff syndrome last year after serving and playing volleyball for 20 minutes! ridiculous! anyway, it lasted for months at a time, where i couldn't raise my right arm into an "L" shape and all the way up.

finally after a few months knowing the pain wouldn't go away went to a doctor who gave me exercises and told me for a month straight to take 800 milligrams of ibuprofen 3 times a day. it helped a little but not much, eventually some 6 months after this all happened got a cortisone shot and eventually the pain has not totally subsided.

get some hardcore inflammatories and then do some very very light movement and if this doesn't help get a cortisone shot i guess.