Author Topic: Packers now shopping favre for a trade  (Read 11652 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Packers now shopping favre for a trade
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
holy crap... never thought it'd happen.

They've called at LEAST 20 teams.  Exploring the market to see how many, if any, teams are interested in trading for Favre.

ESPN

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Packers now shopping favre for a trade
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 01:33:48 AM »
I'm sure he wants to go to a contender, though.
HAHA, RON.....

body88

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:09:24 PM »
I'm sure he wants to go to a contender, though.

The current contenders already have qb's.... I think he goes to a team like the bucs or Min.... Both could contend if the qb was good enough.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »
The current contenders already have qb's.... I think he goes to a team like the bucs or Min.... Both could contend if the qb was good enough.
It looks like it'll be TB by Monday.

This upsets me.  He should have stayed retired.  The packers drafted and prepared on the premise that he was retired. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »

Bucs? good chance since Gruden coached Favre in Green Bay under Holmgren.

Vikings? Not a chance in hell. No way on God's green Earth the Packers trade Favre to a division opponent. That's a little naive.

body88

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »
Bucs? good chance since Gruden coached Favre in Green Bay under Holmgren.

Vikings? Not a chance in hell. No way on God's green Earth the Packers trade Favre to a division opponent. That's a little naive.

Not really, if they release him - he will be snatched up by the Vikings. If the Packers trade him, it can be argued, that Farve won.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »

Not really, if they release him - he will be snatched up by the Vikings. If the Packers trade him, it can be argued, that Farve won.

Body88, you're smarter than that. Why would the Packers grant Favre his unconditional release from his contract and allow him to sign with whatever team he chooses? Why would the Packers allow him that kind of freedom when they could receive fair trade compensation for him? That makes no business sense. We're talking about Bret Favre here. The Packers would get something in return that they could benefit from.

The Packers could easily get a second round draft choice for Favre, maybe even a first round pick with certain teams. It's not about Favre 'winning' if the Packers trade him because the Packers will end up benefiting from it. Additionally, they can then turn the page and begin the Rodgers era in Green Bay. The fans wil be pissed but ownership won't give a shit about that becasue the Packers always sell out their home games no matter how good or bad the team is. The fans understand that there will have to come a day when Favre is no longer the QB of the Packers.

If the Packers were stupid enough to release Favre(which they will never do), than you could view that as win for Favre. But again, it's not happening and you can sure as shit can bet the Packers will never trade Favre to a divisional opponent.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 02:06:38 PM »
This is all irrelevant anyway. Favre just announced to the media that he intends to report to Packers training camp after all. Looks like Brett is the starter for the '09 season. If anyone was stupid enough to believe that the Packers were serious when they said that Favre would only be a BACKUP to Rodgers, than SHAME ON YOU.

What a mess.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 02:36:03 PM »
 it will be interesting what the pack do now, smart move by Brett. however i think he wont show up, he's bluffing. i dont think he'll play football.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 03:15:51 PM »
it will be interesting what the pack do now, smart move by Brett. however i think he wont show up, he's bluffing. i dont think he'll play football.

He's playing for sure. Why go through all this media bullshit if he wasn't interested in playing in 2009? He still has the desire to play. While I agree he shouldn't have retired in the first place, I do think the guy is a legend and he's earned the right to change his mind.

He still wants to play. He's a pro athlete and a competitor. Guys like that have a difficult time walking away from the game. I don't see why he should be degraded becasue of that desire. He can still compete at the highest level. When you know you can still play at a high level in the NFL, it's hard to just walk away for good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET TAMPA GET HIM!

I'll be at every home game this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET TAMPA GET HIM!

I'll be at every home game this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't make a difference. You guys need to get younger on defense(especially at the LB and DB positions) and get a good complimentary receiver to 37 year Joey Galloway. Cadillac Williams's career is over and Earnest Graham isn't the long term answer at RB. Warrick Dunn is almost 40 now, right?

body88

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »
He's playing for sure. Why go through all this media bullshit if he wasn't interested in playing in 2009? He still has the desire to play. While I agree he shouldn't have retired in the first place, I do think the guy is a legend and he's earned the right to change his mind.

He still wants to play. He's a pro athlete and a competitor. Guys like that have a difficult time walking away from the game. I don't see why he should be degraded becasue of that desire. He can still compete at the highest level. When you know you can still play at a high level in the NFL, it's hard to just walk away for good.

He's not being degrated, the packers are sick of him holding them hostage. How many times should they let him pull the bullshit? He is the main reason why the packers have imploded in recent important games, and they decided to cut the cord.

I hope to god he goes to the Jets!

body88

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »
Won't make a difference. You guys need to get younger on defense(especially at the LB and DB positions) and get a good complimentary receiver to 37 year Joey Galloway. Cadillac Williams's career is over and Earnest Graham isn't the long term answer at RB. Warrick Dunn is almost 40 now, right?

The same thing was said about the patriots lb core last year....they put up good defensive numbers as a team, and the fact some of them where older was highly overrated. Farve would instantly make the Bucs a better team, and its not like the where a bad team last year.

Experience is understated, and youth is overrated with players. I'm not saying old guys are the answer, but I am saying there is some truth to older guys knowing their position better, and running with more confidence, slightly negating the difference in speed.

I think farve makes the Bucs a better team, and if they have the chance, they should sign the crazy bastard.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »
The same thing was said about the patriots lb core last year....they put up good defensive numbers as a team, and the fact some of them where older was highly overrated. Farve would instantly make the Bucs a better team, and its not like the where a bad team last year.

Experience is understated, and youth is overrated with players. I'm not saying old guys are the answer, but I am saying there is some truth to older guys knowing their position better, and running with more confidence, slightly negating the difference in speed.

I think farve makes the Bucs a better team, and if they have the chance, they should sign the crazy bastard.

I am going to take the Pac's office hostage until they trade him to the Bears.. GOD WE NEED A QB PLEASE HEAR MY PRAYERS!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »

I am going to take the Pac's office hostage until they trade him to the Bears.. GOD WE NEED A QB PLEASE HEAR MY PRAYERS!
Sir, the thought of #4 in Bears uniform sickens me.

You guys do need a QB in the worst way.  From what I've been hearing, the quarterback competition has been hideous so far...dropped snaps, overthrown receivers, wrong plays....and that's on a good day.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 09:03:28 AM »

All if have to say to that is this...When the Pats' starting cornerback is Fernando Bryant, a player that couldn't hang on with the defensive starved Lions, that spells trouble.

Your secondary is going to be hurting this year. Lewis Sanders is an avergae NFL starter, Rodney Harrison is 50 years old but a tremendous locker room leader. And the jury is still out on whether Brandon Merriweather can adjust to Belichek's defensive schemes and win a starting job.

body88

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »
All if have to say to that is this...When the Pats' starting cornerback is Fernando Bryant, a player that couldn't hang on with the defensive starved Lions, that spells trouble.

Your secondary is going to be hurting this year. Lewis Sanders is an avergae NFL starter, Rodney Harrison is 50 years old but a tremendous locker room leader. And the jury is still out on whether Brandon Merriweather can adjust to Belichek's defensive schemes and win a starting job.

Who where the pats starting corners, the year they won their last sb? Fernando isn't the number on corner on the pats, and your forgetting a handful of guys including rookies who have looked awesome in camp. The pats totally revamped their lb core this year, and they will utalize Don Capers to field a pressure style defense. I can say with confidence, having spent time at pats camp this year, your assesment of the pats is a long shot at best : )

13 - 3  I'll bet you money on it.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
Who where the pats starting corners, the year they won their last sb? Fernando isn't the number on corner on the pats, and your forgetting a handful of guys including rookies who have looked awesome in camp. The pats totally revamped their lb core this year, and they will utalize Don Capers to field a pressure style defense. I can say with confidence, having spent time at pats camp this year, your assesment of the pats is a long shot at best : )

13 - 3  I'll bet you money on it.

I have no doubt they'll win 13 or 14 games. having a Qb that throws 50 touchdown(man, that's eye popping) passes will win you a lot of games.

Who is the no. 1 CB on the Pats? Hobbs? I'm agreeing with you about the LB core. Drafting Mayo was a solid move. But I'm talking about your weak secondary, Body88. It's no where near as strong as it was last year. I'm telling you, not paying Asante will end up biting you in the ass when it counts the most.(playoff time)

I bet you the Pats give up 15-20 points a game on defense this year. They will outscore other teams, simple as that. But defense wins championships, as you already know. Things get turned up a notch in the post season. Look no further than the Superbowl when the Giants held that great offense to just 14 points.(and just 7 points until the last two minutes of the game.)

body88

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
I have no doubt they'll win 13 or 14 games. having a Qb that throws 50 touchdown(man, that's eye popping) passes will win you a lot of games.

Who is the no. 1 CB on the Pats? Hobbs? I'm agreeing with you about the LB core. Drafting Mayo was a solid move. But I'm talking about your weak secondary, Body88. It's no where near as strong as it was last year. I'm telling you, not paying Asante will end up biting you in the ass when it counts the most.(playoff time)

I bet you the Pats give up 15-20 points a game on defense this year. They will outscore other teams, simple as that. But defense wins championships, as you already know. Things get turned up a notch in the post season. Look no further than the Superbowl when the Giants held that great offense to just 14 points.(and just 7 points until the last two minutes of the game.)

I will take that bet....and I will also bet you that letting Asante walk was not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be. Asante has already strained both of his hamstrings in eagles camp, and reports have him struggling in their defense. We will see this year, if the pats system, had anything to do with his success. The pats are not focusing on a number one corner, they want a bunch of effective guys, because they are going to run a pressure defense. Also, I have seen the rook cb's the pats picked up, and they are going to be good. Revis started for the jets, why can't we have young guys out there? Matt Slater is a sleeper pick, who will make a nice defensive player.The defense is going to be better than last year. It's the exact same defense (Minus Asante), plus four, new, YOUNG, fast lb's. Also, Seymour is going to be 100 percent this year. Letting Asante go won't bite the pats in the ass, they have capable corners, and they are running a pressure style defense this year. The d isn't based on the secondary. The pats won superbowls with guys you never heard of playing cb. From a defensive line standpoint, pats are top three in the NFL, and with the addition of Crable, Mayo,Gutton and Hobsen + Thomas moving back to his most effective position ( since he wont have to play in Colvins spot) = improved d. Meriweather ran stride for stride with Moss, and picked him off at camp last week.....He is going to come on this year, and I have high hopes for James Sanders. I made a similar argument about the colts d last year, and man was I wrong. You ever hear of any of the guys they brought in last year? I didn't and their d was the best it has ever been.

Your sb analogy is flawed imo. It's one game. The g men deserved to win, but it took several miracles for it to happen. I know they did a great job, but over 18 games the pats won game after game. If you are talking pure football success, you go with the long body of work. Unfortunately,the game where the trend was broken, was the biggest game. I know all about defense, the patriots have had several of the best over the last 8 years. The colts are an offensive team, yet they won the sb the year before, against a great bears d. Their defense sucked that year. The patriots defense needs to be good. They don't have to have a dominant d to win a championship, they have to have a good one. I would take a good defense, and a world class offensive, over a piss poor offense, and a world class defense. They wont allow 20 points a game, not over one player leaving. They got better on d. Btw, the pats secondary and lb's had little to do with the pats losing the sb, it was the offensive line.

body88

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »
By miracles you mean getting outplayed in every single facet of the game? Because if that's what you mean, then yes, a lot of "miracles" happened that day.

Probably had something to do with the fact that those Pats were as overrated as I said they were.  ;D

You have been attempting to start crap for weeks now. I let all your threads stay, because your show is old to me. But, I am going to start deleting all your shit if you come into threads and ruin them with your garbage. Let the adults have a conversation. Your threads are meant to annoy people, and they are infact inflamatory.

The mircale I am talking about was the Tyre catch, and Harrison, Samuel and Merweather dropping three game ending ints.I see it didn't take much time for you to start acting like an asshole again, thanks for that pm back when the g men won it all though ::)

You dont have conversations, you just make inflamatory statements.

body88

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 08:07:56 AM »
Body88, you're smarter than that. Why would the Packers grant Favre his unconditional release from his contract and allow him to sign with whatever team he chooses? Why would the Packers allow him that kind of freedom when they could receive fair trade compensation for him? That makes no business sense. We're talking about Bret Favre here. The Packers would get something in return that they could benefit from.
The Packers could easily get a second round draft choice for Favre, maybe even a first round pick with certain teams. It's not about Favre 'winning' if the Packers trade him because the Packers will end up benefiting from it. Additionally, they can then turn the page and begin the Rodgers era in Green Bay. The fans wil be pissed but ownership won't give a shit about that becasue the Packers always sell out their home games no matter how good or bad the team is. The fans understand that there will have to come a day when Favre is no longer the QB of the Packers.

If the Packers were stupid enough to release Favre(which they will never do), than you could view that as win for Favre. But again, it's not happening and you can sure as shit can bet the Packers will never trade Favre to a divisional opponent.

Packers met with Farve yesterday.....and offered him 20 million to stay retired.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

I will take that bet....and I will also bet you that letting Asante walk was not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be. Asante has already strained both of his hamstrings in eagles camp, and reports have him struggling in their defense. We will see this year, if the pats system, had anything to do with his success. The pats are not focusing on a number one corner, they want a bunch of effective guys, because they are going to run a pressure defense. Also, I have seen the rook cb's the pats picked up, and they are going to be good. Revis started for the jets, why can't we have young guys out there? Matt Slater is a sleeper pick, who will make a nice defensive player.The defense is going to be better than last year. It's the exact same defense (Minus Asante), plus four, new, YOUNG, fast lb's. Also, Seymour is going to be 100 percent this year. Letting Asante go won't bite the pats in the ass, they have capable corners, and they are running a pressure style defense this year. The d isn't based on the secondary. The pats won superbowls with guys you never heard of playing cb. From a defensive line standpoint, pats are top three in the NFL, and with the addition of Crable, Mayo,Gutton and Hobsen + Thomas moving back to his most effective position ( since he wont have to play in Colvins spot) = improved d. Meriweather ran stride for stride with Moss, and picked him off at camp last week.....He is going to come on this year, and I have high hopes for James Sanders. I made a similar argument about the colts d last year, and man was I wrong. You ever hear of any of the guys they brought in last year? I didn't and their d was the best it has ever been.

Your sb analogy is flawed imo. It's one game. The g men deserved to win, but it took several miracles for it to happen. I know they did a great job, but over 18 games the pats won game after game. If you are talking pure football success, you go with the long body of work. Unfortunately,the game where the trend was broken, was the biggest game. I know all about defense, the patriots have had several of the best over the last 8 years. The colts are an offensive team, yet they won the sb the year before, against a great bears d. Their defense sucked that year. The patriots defense needs to be good. They don't have to have a dominant d to win a championship, they have to have a good one. I would take a good defense, and a world class offensive, over a piss poor offense, and a world class defense. They wont allow 20 points a game, not over one player leaving. They got better on d. Btw, the pats secondary and lb's had little to do with the pats losing the sb, it was the offensive line.

How can Asante be 'struggling' in the defensive scheme? What are your sources that tell you he's been struggling in camp? He's a CB, not a Safety. Safeties have far more responsibility on defense than CB's. What's he struggling with? And as far as having pulled hammies, it's only training camp and tweaked hammies occur from time to time. The guy's a stud. He'll be back in top form.

And dude, what are you talking about when you say the pats won superbowls with no-name cb's?? Bullshit. Ty Law has been to the probowl at least four or five times in his career. And his pick for a touchdown against the Rams in the superbowl pretty much sealed the win that started your team' dynasty. And Otis 'my main man' Smith played 15 years in the league and has seven career int's for Td's. Not to mention that he's been one of most reliable, lock down postseason cb's in recent memory.

Those two guys were your starters when the Pats one their first-ever Superbowl. They're not no-names. Asante Samuel is a stud-playmaker and I'm one of his biggest fans. He makes a lot of plays because of his great instincts on the field.

Ok, maybe not 20 points a game but your secondary is definitely weaker than last year. Your front seven is awesome but Belichek has his LB's dropping back in coverage quite often. They'll be doing that alot this year to help the secondary on obvious passing downs.

body88

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »
How can Asante be 'struggling' in the defensive scheme? What are your sources that tell you he's been struggling in camp? He's a CB, not a Safety. Safeties have far more responsibility on defense than CB's. What's he struggling with? And as far as having pulled hammies, it's only training camp and tweaked hammies occur from time to time. The guy's a stud. He'll be back in top form.

And dude, what are you talking about when you say the pats won superbowls with no-name cb's?? Bullshit. Ty Law has been to the probowl at least four or five times in his career. And his pick for a touchdown against the Rams in the superbowl pretty much sealed the win that started your team' dynasty. And Otis 'my main man' Smith played 15 years in the league and has seven career int's for Td's. Not to mention that he's been one of most reliable, lock down postseason cb's in recent memory.

Those two guys were your starters when the Pats one their first-ever Superbowl. They're not no-names. Asante Samuel is a stud-playmaker and I'm one of his biggest fans. He makes a lot of plays because of his great instincts on the field.

Ok, maybe not 20 points a game but your secondary is definitely weaker than last year. Your front seven is awesome but Belichek has his LB's dropping back in coverage quite often. They'll be doing that alot this year to help the secondary on obvious passing downs.

The eagles run a totally different defense than the pats. The reports I read have been the ones coming out of eagles camp. I watched Asante play since he came into the leauge, I know his skill set, and I think the eagles style of db play will give him trouble. Belichicks d is different than most. A young, expensive, franchise player, who has two pulled hammys already, is a concern - imo.

Your talking about the first superbowl. I said their last superbowl that they won. They won recent sb's their best corners on the shelf. Your changing the argument, I said I have seen the pats win sb's with no name conrners. I didnt say the first of the three. Btw - at the time Ty Law was not the stud he was later on. Otis Smith? He was a number one corner? Come on bro... It's a moot point, I was talking about the most recent sb, not the first.

I agree... The secondary will be slightly weaker, but if the rooks play like they have in camp, I dont think there will be much difference, because of the revamped lb core, and Capers new pressure style d. Mayo was brought in for his effectivness on passing downs, I think the oats struggle a bit ( but still win) at the start of the season, and as things start to gel contend for a sb. Honestly ( I know this sounds crazy), but I think the pats d will be better this year.

I just heard an update on eei, that the packers are considering trading Farve to the bears or the Vikings if they cannot find a suitable trade partner. They already where going to offer him 20 million to stay retired, I dont think smart team moves for the team is what they are thinking right now. Imo - teams know that the packers are going to have to release him, so they are not giving up much to get him.

Parcels traded Curtis Martin to the Jets in his prime.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »
Sir, the thought of #4 in Bears uniform sickens me.

You guys do need a QB in the worst way.  From what I've been hearing, the quarterback competition has been hideous so far...dropped snaps, overthrown receivers, wrong plays....and that's on a good day.

Yeah my in laws live in Chicago, my father in law is an old guy that lives for his sports. He said that Orton and Chokemen where doing horrible.  He was telling me how they were both throwing tons of INT's. We never have had a QB. It's  been 20 fucking years and I still wouldn't say we had that great of a QB. My father in law and myself are always arguing about the QB set up in Chicago. I would rather throw my faith in Orton and let him get killed or step up to the plate. The old guy thinks that since Grossman has a winning record he should keep the job, my only issuee, Grossman  doesn't have a winning record the defense does. :-X :-X