Author Topic: Girl backsquatting 322 for 10  (Read 10583 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Girl backsquatting 322 for 10
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2008, 03:33:24 PM »
coach obviously knows what he's doing judging by the older pictures of him, i'm sure he gets great results for his clients, nothing wrong at all with that girl's form.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2008, 03:34:46 PM »
She's not pushing off he toes dick head, if she was doing that she couldnt do 1 let alone 10. Also "Methodfag" she's a centerfielder throwing all the time. If the bar was down any lower it would cause too much stress by externally rotating cause undue stress on her rotator cuff or labrum. If she wasnt for that, then yes, it would be a little lower.
Have you ever tried squatting with a shoulder injury. Think a little clown!

first of all it does look like she is pushing with her toes..you probably couldn;t see that from where you were spotting so i can;t fault you couldn;t see it but she is

secondly i don;t understand why you don;t have have her doing hacks or leg presses to keep pressure off her shoulder after all having the bar so high puts added stress on her lower back
irongearco.com

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
coach obviously knows what he's doing judging by the older pictures of him, i'm sure he gets great results for his clients, nothing wrong at all with that girl's form.
Nice you just took a shot at him for me.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »
Debussey you have just exposed yourself as a complete fucking lunatic.

I dont care how painfull your shoulders are, you dont rest the bar on your neck, you avoid the fucking squat completly, the exercise is obviously doing nothing for her legs anyway.

Being an "Athlete" and having a athletic body go hand in hand, i know women who never trained a day in their fucking life with bigger legs than this bitch. She deserves to be called a bitch because she is being trained by "Coach".

Btw Looking thin on top Coach, good luck with that. 8)

Your squat argument is worthless. You are not bringing any substancive evidence to the table, you are making a statement without backing it up.

Being an athlete and the size of your legs has nothing to do with eachother from a performance point of view given that your strengh is there.. and:  Her strength is there, and the smaller legs might even be an advantage. Also, strength and size does not correlate very strongly, thus, what the hell are you babbling about? Your own opinion that a strong and athletic girl should have some size on her legs? Oh, and "an athletic body" does not mean "big leggs".

All you have done is writing your irrational personal beliefs without anything to back it up so the implications of your beliefs makes sense from a rational point of view. You are basically argumenting like a 10 year old.

You = a class1 moron. Brutal 85 IQ.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 03:43:01 PM »
Nice you just took a shot at him for me.
he also looked great in the pictures of that show he did last year as well, better than you've ever looked for sure.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2008, 03:44:44 PM »
squatting 322 for 10 is impressive

not being able to count to 10 on her own ...  not so much

The Coach

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
None of my athletes perform little if any machine work. Those are simple non functional movements. With my lower body protocols most all for the first exercise being closed chain (front squats, back squats, DB squats etc) the rest is 1-2 unilateral exercises followed by posterior chain work. Thats basically on the power phase of the periodization.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »
None of my athletes perform little if any machine work. Those are simple non functional movements. With my lower body protocols most all for the first exercise being closed chain (front squats, back squats, DB squats etc) the rest is 1-2 unilateral exercises followed by posterior chain work. Thats basically on the power phase of the periodization.

why? i understand you want functional movements but some hack machines are just as good as the squat with less stress on the lower back. muscle performance comes from muscle stimulation so what does it matter
irongearco.com

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »
for athletic purpouses it only makes sense to focus on free weight compound movements.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »

why? i understand you want functional movements but some hack machines are just as good as the squat with less stress on the lower back. muscle performance comes from muscle stimulation so what does it matter

Because balancing the free weights might give some benefit for athletes?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »
i'm starting to get some bicep tendonitis from holding the squat bar Coach, what should i do?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »

Because balancing the free weights might give some benefit for athletes?

i suppose so. but if he is worried about her shoulders being put in an awkward position why wouldn;t he worry about her look back which is very vunerable in the squat with the bar being so high
irongearco.com

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »

She's a cutie too  8)

HOLY FUCKING CHRIST that is one hot sista!  :o

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »
Stop hijacking this fucking thread you HRT abusing homo pervert

The Coach

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2008, 05:13:27 PM »

Doing the box squat the way I explained actually takes the stress of the low back more than you might think.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »
There is a relationship between size and strength, but it is not a direct one.  World class javelin thrower Andreas benching 400 lbs with 12 inch arms. 

The Coach

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2008, 06:08:07 PM »

i suppose so. but if he is worried about her shoulders being put in an awkward position why wouldn;t he worry about her look back which is very vunerable in the squat with the bar being so high

I'm not so worried about her shoulders unless she has a shoulder problem (she doesn't) what I don't want to do is to create the problem by having the bar drop so low that it causes unwanted external rotation..

Now on the hacks. Let me see if I an explain this right. My personal feeling on hacks is it's great for bodybuilding and aesthetics but absolutely horrible for athletes. If you take a look at the mechanics of a hack squat on the 1/2 way down position or about a 30 degree angle, IN MY OPINION because of the patella being floating, and the femur tibia and fibula being help together with legiments (LCL, MCL) the sheer force of it in that position would more or less cause the femur to more or less "slide" from the tibia and cause damage to the LCL and MCL or the patella tendon. Make sense?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2008, 06:15:56 PM »
I'm not so worried about her shoulders unless she has a shoulder problem (she doesn't) what I don't want to do is to create the problem by having the bar drop so low that it causes unwanted external rotation..

Now on the hacks. Let me see if I an explain this right. My personal feeling on hacks is it's great for bodybuilding and aesthetics but absolutely horrible for athletes. If you take a look at the mechanics of a hack squat on the 1/2 way down position or about a 30 degree angle, IN MY OPINION because of the patella being floating, and the femur tibia and fibula being help together with legiments (LCL, MCL) the sheer force of it in that position would more or less cause the femur to more or less "slide" from the tibia and cause damage to the LCL and MCL or the patella tendon. Make sense?

so i suppose wrapping your knees while doing hack squats would be a no no
irongearco.com

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »
bar is way to high on her back and you can clearly see that she's on the tip of her toes from the second picture

great "personal training" there Coach

I was just going to say the same thing

she's clearly on her toes

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »
Beast.

Discussssssssssss

Surprised nobody caught this......

but the bar she's using is helping to assist coming out

Granted...even with the bar assist...it's a good lift. 

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »
her knees go so much in, it hurts

EXACTLY. Very good depth but awfull form. Weak hips. THis could be resolved by doing box squats.

I truely question if some on this board even lift weights based soley on the remarks they make trying to validate the form others use.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »
Brutal not knowing WTF your talking about "method". Why would I want a performance athlete or almost any athlete to have big legs?
I'm thinking power. Duh.

/not exagerrated bb'ing huge, tho!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »

Hey Coach, given what you said above, what are your thoughts regarding any kind of thigh extension work, especially heavy stuff?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »
She's not pushing off he toes dick head, if she was doing that she couldnt do 1 let alone 10. Also "Methodfag" she's a centerfielder throwing all the time. If the bar was down any lower it would cause too much stress by externally rotating cause undue stress on her rotator cuff or labrum. If she wasnt for that, then yes, it would be a little lower.
Have you ever tried squatting with a shoulder injury. Think a little clown!

Coach,

if she has shoulder issues then a cambered bar or safety squat bar would be alot better.

Also I know you follow Westside however Louis Simmons coaches his lifters to sit back MUCH further onto the box. Her heels are off the ground and her knees are WAYYYY to far forward. Both a huge no no. I would also drop the box to parallel.
You know I love you, Im just calling it like I see it.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »
good squat but her knees going in like that means that the inside of legs are weak...i think its the abductor

You have it backwards.
the abductors are on the outside of the hip, Therefore if you have weak abductors it means you have weak hips, and it leads to the knees "pinching in".

adductors are on the inside.