Author Topic: 2nd Class US citizenship....................It's about time.  (Read 5933 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: 2nd Class US citizenship....................It's about time.
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 10:02:14 PM »
Would you even put mayonnaise on your french fries too? You're nothing but an appeaser!

I do this already every now and then....... ;D :o :-X :-\ :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »
So how come he couldn't take their order?  Did they pass him just to get the transfer money from the state?
no child left behind kinda thing?

i know people who have taken 4 years in a row and got A's and can't converse in it. 

That's a public education debate.......lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »
I do this already every now and then....... ;D :o :-X :-\ :)

You oughtta be kicked out of the US and have your citizenship revoked!  :o

This is America, ...and in this country we eat freedom fries with ketchup!
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2008, 10:06:34 PM »
how do you know the family you got so righteously pissed off over weren't on vacation?  Cheesy

I wouldn't get mad if i went to Mexico, which i do at least once every 2 years or so, and they didn't speak English some place.   

so i learn a few words.  And most speak english any way becuase they want my money.  But i don;t get mad if someone doesn't.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
You oughtta be kicked out of the US and have your citizenship revoked!  :o

This is America, ...and in this country we eat freedom fries with ketchup!

As Craig Ferguson would say:   I KNOOOOOOOW!

heheheheh.

Give me 18 months to change my ways and i'll do it only in the privacy of my own home with the blinds shut from then on!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
I don't have any problems with Mexicans being here.  What I hate is their attitude.  They think this is their land... hahaha... ok, I'll listen to the American Indians bitch on that but where do fucking Mexicans get off saying places like Colorado is part of Aztlan ::)  That's the attitude they have so that is part of the basis for why they expect you to speak Spanish.  I've said it before, I would love to learn Spanish.  It would be great if we were a more linguistic Nation.  But having these fuckers come in with this attitude and thinking, fuck them.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 12:17:38 AM »
What I'm saying is that any smart forward thinking person would choose to learn the predominate languages of a country. It's a logical progression for anyone who wants to get ahead on this continent, ...however, just as you have the choice NOT to learn Spanish. S/he too also has the choice NOT to learn English.

I understand... but shouldn't business establishments then have the choice to not service those that do not learn English?  (within the United States of course).

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 02:56:46 AM »
Jag's arguments are that of a minority appeasing black moslem.

She is against everything successful, even the English language - which one day EVERYONE will speak.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2008, 03:01:51 AM »
Jag's arguments are that of a minority appeasing black moslem.

She is against everything successful, even the English language - which one day EVERYONE will speak.
I'd rather speak German... It sounds more badass.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2008, 03:24:47 AM »
Never going to happen mate (I do agree it sounds bad "arse" 8)), everyone also speaks English in Germany. In the Nederlands they also speak English.

People from Scandinavian countries also, but these fuckers are exceptional, normally knowing more than the usual "Native + English" combo.

Even in deep Russia where I was last (Samara) people have some grasp of English, the youngsters being very good. Knowing German also seems to be popular in Russia.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 03:35:26 AM »
Never going to happen mate (I do agree it sounds bad "arse" 8)), everyone also speaks English in Germany. In the Nederlands they also speak English.

People from Scandinavian countries also, but these fuckers are exceptional, normally knowing more than the usual "Native + English" combo.

Even in deep Russia where I was last (Samara) people have some grasp of English, the youngsters being very good. Knowing German also seems to be popular in Russia.
you're right, I'll never get around to fully speaking another language...  such a loser I am :(

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 04:14:20 AM »
We should be a bi-lingual nation.  Many other countries are, and I don't see a problem with it.  Personally, I would, as I can only carry a very basic conversation in Spanish(I can read it decently enough, though).  I"m positive a lot of older people would as well.  I don't see what the problem is in teaching our kids to be completely fluent in both the English and Spanish languages.  The brain doesn't "fill up" with knowledge, ye know. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 04:20:32 AM »
Why not Chinese then, or an Indian dialect? Surely THOSE would be beneficial considering the how future business world will be linguistically?

Or do you give in to the whims of invading immigrants with no desire to learn English?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:28 AM »
Why not Chinese then,
Jesus, might as well ask us to learn Forubiatonian from the planet Boopoousuckme. >:(  I'll go for Spanish an German, but fuck you if you think I'm leaning Alienanese.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 05:06:42 AM »
Why not Chinese then, or an Indian dialect? Surely THOSE would be beneficial considering the how future business world will be linguistically?

Or do you give in to the whims of invading immigrants with no desire to learn English?

I'm simply talking about the proximity of the two nations.  I'd say the same thing about learning and speaking French for sections of the US that hug close to Quebec.  Hell, you should know, Europeans speak several languages.  If they can do it, why can't we?

I don't give in to any whims by invading immigrants.  In fact, I don't even blame them.  I blame institutions and government entities that offer everything in Spanish so that someone who doesn't speak English can receive and utilize all services without having to resort to learning English. 

I just think that making bilingual education in schools be mandatory is easier achieved and can make a workable solution rather than trying to force millions to learn English(irregardless of age,education, level, etc..) and otherwise denying them services.  The private entities wouldn't cave in anyways, as someone who spoke solely Spanish would still get those services anyways.

Sometimes the solution is one that we don't like or agree with.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:26 AM »

Exactly. Being a bilingual nation is one thing, but learning Spanish specifically because a group of people don't want to is another. If I want to learn another language, I'll pick one I like and go from there. Not because I need to appease a group of people who don't want to learn the primary language in this country. And besides, if I was going to learn a language like that, it would be Portuguese considering Brazil is part of RIBC, which are the four economies with the most potential for growth.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 05:24:27 AM »
Well, tactically, learning Chinese / Indian Sanskrit would be more beneficial in the global economy.

I guess it's up to you guys to decide between you how to prioritise.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2008, 05:30:47 AM »
Well, tactically, learning Chinese / Indian Sanskrit would be more beneficial in the global economy.

I guess it's up to you guys to decide between you how to prioritise.

Mandarin and Cantonese are two of the most awful sounding dialects out there. Although it might not be as beneficial, I'd rather learn Japanese.

Either way, I would pick and not base it on the fact that it might help some people who don't want to learn English in the USA function better.  ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 05:36:03 AM »
Mandarin and Cantonese are two of the most awful sounding dialects out there. Although it might not be as beneficial, I'd rather learn Japanese.

Either way, I would pick and not base it on the fact that it might help some people who don't want to learn English in the USA function better.  ::)

I'm not actually serious. I'm just trying to provide a counter to the pro-Spanish sentiment, which is based on lazy invading immigrants.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 08:56:04 AM »
We should be a bi-lingual nation.  Many other countries are, and I don't see a problem with it.  Personally, I would, as I can only carry a very basic conversation in Spanish(I can read it decently enough, though).  I"m positive a lot of older people would as well.  I don't see what the problem is in teaching our kids to be completely fluent in both the English and Spanish languages.  The brain doesn't "fill up" with knowledge, ye know. 

it's NOT about being bi-lingual.  It's about a group of people not willing to learn the language of the COUNTRY they live in.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
No we shouldn't because this country was not founded by Spanish speaking people and you cannot change that.  All we have is an overload of foreign invaders trying to change OUR country.  Fuck that.  Mine the border and shoot to kill.  Make all forms and signs in English and let the problem fix itself.  "Sorry, no hablo...come back when you speak English. Next!"
Squishy face retard

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »
No we shouldn't because this country was not founded by Spanish speaking people and you cannot change that.  All we have is an overload of foreign invaders trying to change OUR country.  Fuck that.  Mine the border and shoot to kill.  Make all forms and signs in English and let the problem fix itself.  "Sorry, no hablo...come back when you speak English. Next!"

Exactly. If people stop serving hispanics and only put out English forms and what not, they would shape up real fast.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »
United States - People
Languages:

English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7% (2000 census)
note: Hawaiian is an official language in the state of Hawaii 

The Central Intelligence Agency
The World Factbook

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html#People

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 06:17:38 AM »
Venezuela
Largest city:
 Maracaibo
Official languages:
 Spanish (official)
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/ven

United States
Largest city:
 New York
Official languages:
 No Official Language
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/usa

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 06:18:56 AM »
"Congress has never declared an "official" language for the United States. If you would like the United States to adopt an official language, you should contact the Representatives or Senators for your state."

http://answers.usa.gov/cgi-bin/gsa_ict.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7261