Author Topic: 2nd Class US citizenship....................It's about time.  (Read 5856 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
My son, who works at a movie theater, recently while working the concessions, waited on a family who spoke only Spanish.  After a few minutes of not being able to take their order, he asked a bilingual worker to help him.  Afterwards when the family had left to see their movie (which was in English...go figure), my sons co-worker told him that the family was mad that he didn't speak spanish.   Good thing i wasn't standing around.

Now enough is enough!

Its time we put our foot down on this!   It's time to make people who don't speak passible english second class citizens.

That's right.  They should not be allowed to enjoy may of the basic freedoms English Speaking Americans do like social services, free education etc...

They should have to wear a patch and carry either a electronic translator or a spanish english dictionary.

If they don't like it.  They can get out.

Children who don't speak English should be held back a full year and taught English 1 entire school year.

Discuss.   ;D

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: 2nd Class US citizenship....................It's about time.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
Obama thinks you should be learning Spanish, so get to it pronto senorita.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 12:04:22 PM »
Obama thinks you should be learning Spanish, so get to it pronto senorita.

lol......  yeah no kidding.   >:(

You learn your arabic yet? 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:08:50 PM »

lol......  yeah no kidding.   >:(

You learn your arabic yet? 

It's a toss up between Persian and Arabic.

What do you think I should go for?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »

Persian sounds more chic. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 02:30:52 PM »

The next foreigner that smacks you with a sign threatening jihad... ask him what he speaks.

Then get that busted nose fixed, go to the barnes and noble, and get yerself a book on that language.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »
The next foreigner that smacks you with a sign threatening jihad... ask him what he speaks.

Then get that busted nose fixed, go to the barnes and noble, and get yerself a book on that language.

I know what language they speak: Urdu

You fluent in your future official national language yet 240? Or do you only speak the language of bullets?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 03:01:16 PM »
Ozmo, right on brother.

It is completely ridiculous that we do not enforce this more.  Eliminate all non-English writing, outside of formal education in school, and you will see a drastic change.  We have ESL programs, cheap classes at community colleges.  Hell, buy a freaking English to Spanish tape or dictionary.

Build the wall, mine the fields, train the dogs, and hire the ICE & BP agents.
Squishy face retard

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »
Better yet, we should gather up all hispanics, put them in a concentration and gas them to death.  ::) ::) ::)

Land of the free, home of the brave!

Foh sho!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
I know what language they speak: Urdu

You fluent in your future official national language yet 240? Or do you only speak the language of bullets?

Spanish?  I am functional in it, but certainly not fluent. 

I don't understand the 'launguage of bullets'.  Most of us americans love the second amendment and follow the law to a tee. I certainly do. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 03:15:23 PM »
Better yet, we should gather up all hispanics, put them in a concentration and gas them to death.  ::) ::) ::)

Foh sho!

How will they ever speak English if they are dead?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »

I'm pretty sure "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo oo..... gasp gasp" works in both languages!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »

Well, it's certainly easier to gas them death than to force a Mexican who hasn't even gone to school to learn English. Well, gassing a Mexican to death will be difficult. They are haaaaaard to kill like a muddafucka! I once saw a drunken Mex fall from the roof a 6-story building to a platform made of hard wood somewhere around the 1st floor. I saw the guy mowing my neighbor's lawn the next day. I ain't kidding you. True story.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 03:38:30 PM »

Besides, why do you ask such hard questions?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »

Foh sho!
Better yet, this country should stop being so PC and actually make immigrants assimilate the way they did back in the early stages of this country.  Better yet, don't let every pregnant Hispanic stay in this country and birth their babies.  Better yet, do like I said and eliminate any writing but English on businesses, gov't forms, etc and FORCE them to assimilate.  We have more of a need to learn other languages besides Spanish.  Is it functional? Yes.  Necessary? No.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »
Speaking as someone who lives in an officially bi-lingual country, ...I will tell you from experience that once you bring in the "language police", ...it's all downhill from there. If you think tax-payer money is wasted now, ...wait til you see how fast a bureaucratic language cop can waste it.

When I think of language police, there is one case in particular that continually stands out in my mind.
Sadly, it was not an unusual anomaly, but a quite frequen occurence. It was the case of an older Italian man who had arrived in Montreal with nothing but a sandwich and the clothes on his back. He busted his chops for years to build a business which he did... a successful dry cleaning business which served his community for years.

One day, while his adult son was running to the bank, a language cop came in, ...and hit the roof because the old man did not speak fluent French. They almost had to close down the business. After 45 years of serving his community, providing jobs within his community, paying taxes, etc., etc., his business was almost shut down because the man couldn't speak fluent French. You see, he had no time for French classes. He was too busy busting his balls all those years working his ass off trying to put food on his family's table and build a business so he could live the Canadian dream.

They ruled that he was not allowed to work the front desk in the dry cleaning store, ...that he had to hire someone who spoke fluent French or shut the business down. WTF? It was HIS business, his FAMILY business that he built from scratch, ...but he was not allowed to work there. Fortunately he had sons that were able to take over the business. Sons who were born in Quebec, and who were fluently bilingual that he could sign the business over to. They ruled he could do odd jobs at the store, and work in the back, but he was not allowed up front to interact with the customers. He had built that business from the ground up. He knew everyone of those customers by name... it was a huge uproar with even some of the most militant French ONLY activists saying this had gone too far.

If some idiot gets upset that you don't speak HIS language, ...how does that make you any less of an idiot to get mad that he doesn't speak YOURS? I've heard the arguments that are frequently trotted out... "Well he's in America. It's MY country, ..he should speak MY language". Well guess what? He's an American too. You're also in HIS country, and HIS language happens to be Spanish. Why don't you speak Spanish? Another argument is "Well this country spoke English first", ...not in California they didn't. But nevertheless, ...that's like Sony saying screw CD's. We produced vinyl records. If some asshat wants to listen to music, he better get a record player. Or even the post office saying "Screw You! if you want your package delivered from Texas to NYC, we're not sending it air mail, ...it's going in the saddle bag of some rider, and it's gonna take 3 months to get there. If the 'Pony Express' was good enough for Custer, ...it's good enough for you"

You can stomp your feet and complain like a "wussy" as some around here would refer to that kind of behaviour, ...or you can realize the world is changing and that no amount of stomping your feet & whining is going to prevent that, ...or you can step up to the plate and learn an additional language that will give you an advantage over those in society who are unilingual.

Let Juan, Pedro, José, and Bubba remain unilingual if they choose. Do you complain that Bubba drops out of school in the 8th grade? Do you demand he be forced to finish high school and graduate from University? If people choose to limit their options & opportunities in life, ...shouldn't that be their own free choice to do so?

The Declaration of Independance says you have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, ...but no where does it say you must speak a certain language. That would be fascist, ...you're not for fascism are you?
w

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »
Americans are guilty for not beating the shit out of the inmigrants the first day they didnt learn english.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
"Well he's in America. It's MY country, ..he should speak MY language". Well guess what? He's an American too. You're also in HIS country, and HIS language happens to be Spanish. Why don't you speak Spanish?

I think you are missing the point that most of these people aren't American, they are Mexican.

And they were the ones who were pissed that the kid didn't speak spanish.

And great "story" about some guy that was thrown out of your Fascist country  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
Like I said before, why is it that the white immigrants from Europe in the 1800s and 1900s had no problems learning English while also holding onto their other languages. Why is it that in 2008 the hispanics refuse to learn English. If you don't want to speak the language of this country, GTFO. Why should we be going out of our way to cater to people who want to do nothing to help this country and want everything handed to them.

Ozmo's son should've brushed them to the side and served the next group of people. I find it hilarious that they were actually upset that he didn't speak spanish. Nevermind that they're not upset that they don't speak English.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
Speaking as someone who lives in an officially bi-lingual country,

Y'all will be tri-lingual soon.  We're gonna send up all the Mexicans to get that yummy oil you potheads are sitting on.  Tengo crude oil...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Y'all will be tri-lingual soon.  We're gonna send up all the Mexicans to get that yummy oil you potheads are sitting on.  Tengo crude oil...

You can send all you want, ...I doubt they'll go further north than the 49th parallel, ...just too damn cold!  ;D

No, ...I think they'd prefer to hang out in sunny California, Texas, Florida etc., so they can be closer to you.  :-*
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »
Jag, I complain when Bubba drops out of 8th grade because then I pay his future welfare check.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »
Jag, I complain when Bubba drops out of 8th grade because then I pay his future welfare check.

Be glad! That's a reason to celebrate. You ought to be freaking out when Tyler graduates from Wharton 'cause Bubba's welfare cheque is gonna cost you a heckuva lot less than Tyler's Wall Street welfare cheque  ;D
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »

The Declaration of Independance says you have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, ...but no where does it say you must speak a certain language. That would be fascist, ...you're not for fascism are you?

How does insisting an immigrant learns to speak passable English make it fascists?

do they not still get all the rights to speak WHAT they want?

Take ALL the money they are spending right now on duplicate forms, signs, interpretors, schools etc...  And spend it on enforcement.  In a few short years after a 2 year grace period for people to learn it or get the fvck out, they can spend the money on just making sure future immigrants know it. 

When I think of language police, there is one case in particular that continually stands out in my mind.
Sadly, it was not an unusual anomaly, but a quite frequen occurence. It was the case of an older Italian man who had arrived in Montreal with nothing but a sandwich and the clothes on his back. He busted his chops for years to build a business which he did... a successful dry cleaning business which served his community for years.

One day, while his adult son was running to the bank, a language cop came in, ...and hit the roof because the old man did not speak fluent French. They almost had to close down the business. After 45 years of serving his community, providing jobs within his community, paying taxes, etc., etc., his business was almost shut down because the man couldn't speak fluent French. You see, he had no time for French classes. He was too busy busting his balls all those years working his ass off trying to put food on his family's table and build a business so he could live the Canadian dream.

did the son know how to speak it?   good enough.  The father needed to learn it or get the fvck out.  Give him a fair grace period.

Someone not "having the time" is complete bull shit anyway.  he can study 1-2 hours a day until he learns.

They ruled that he was not allowed to work the front desk in the dry cleaning store, ...that he had to hire someone who spoke fluent French or shut the business down. WTF? It was HIS business, his FAMILY business that he built from scratch, ...but he was not allowed to work there.

Did he have regulations and codes that he had to follow for him to conduct business in Montreal/Quebeec?

Was there a flock of liberal assholes complaining that he couldn't run his busioness the way he wanted to when it came to those codes of business?

I don't think so.

It's not too much to ask for someone to speak the fvcking language.

If some idiot gets upset that you don't speak HIS language, ...how does that make you any less of an idiot to get mad that he doesn't speak YOURS?

Because it's the language of the country.  An if i'd was living in his country i show it and the people the respect of learning  the language.  Not siting around and complaining that the person taking my order did know it.

Are you fvcking kidding me?   So should every one in retail know all 100+ languages in the whole world?

The stupid Mexicans don't get it, becuase liberal pussy assholes don't make em.  the Russians, Chinese, Koreans...etc...  fortunately do get it.

Maybe that's why these candidates don't give a shit about the hisspanic vote.  Because these stupid fvcks don't care enough to learn the language.

he should speak MY language". Well guess what? He's an American too. You're also in HIS country, and HIS language happens to be Spanish. Why don't you speak Spanish? Another argument is "Well this country spoke English first", ...not in California they didn't. But nevertheless, ...that's like Sony saying screw CD's. We produced vinyl records. If some asshat wants to listen to music, he better get a record player. Or even the post office saying "Screw You! if you want your package delivered from Texas to NYC, we're not sending it air mail, ...it's going in the saddle bag of some rider, and it's gonna take 3 months to get there. If the 'Pony Express' was good enough for Custer, ...it's good enough for you"

I wonder if they are American.   And it wouldn't matter anyway, it IS our national language.  NOT Spanish.  And that family needs to learn it or get their leeching asses out of here.

You can stomp your feet and complain like a "wussy" as some around here would refer to that kind of behaviour, ...or you can realize the world is changing and that no amount of stomping your feet & whining is going to prevent that, ...or you can step up to the plate and learn an additional language that will give you an advantage over those in society who are unilingual.

Or, you can stop the nonsense and PUT the accountability on those who seek our birth right.

Let Juan, Pedro, José, and Bubba remain unilingual if they choose. Do you complain that Bubba drops out of school in the 8th grade? Do you demand he be forced to finish high school and graduate from University? If people choose to limit their options & opportunities in life, ...shouldn't that be their own free choice to do so?

When was this about graduating from college?   ::)  This is about learning the English language so we can all function as a populace better, communicate better and live in a more prosperous unity.  NOT segregated into communities of like language.   which is what's happening now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »
My son, who works at a movie theater, recently while working the concessions, waited on a family who spoke only Spanish.  After a few minutes of not being able to take their order, he asked a bilingual worker to help him.  Afterwards when the family had left to see their movie (which was in English...go figure), my sons co-worker told him that the family was mad that he didn't speak spanish.   Good thing i wasn't standing around.

Now enough is enough!

Its time we put our foot down on this!   It's time to make people who don't speak passible english second class citizens.

That's right.  They should not be allowed to enjoy may of the basic freedoms English Speaking Americans do like social services, free education etc...

They should have to wear a patch and carry either a electronic translator or a spanish english dictionary.

If they don't like it.  They can get out.

Children who don't speak English should be held back a full year and taught English 1 entire school year.

Discuss.   ;D

That's crazy.  I agree people that live here need to learn the language.  The only concern I'd have is how we treat tourists/visitors who don't speak the language.  But I guess even those folks need to learn how to order a cheeseburger.