Author Topic: Business people with mid 90's vehicles hahahaha  (Read 9520 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Business people with mid 90's vehicles hahahaha
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
I had a friend that drove his old beat-up truck into a dealership and was looking at the BMWs.  A saleman asked him "Shouldn't you be in the used car lot?" and laughed at my friend.

My friend got another salesman and bought a BMW and a new truck.

Hahaha, when I went to get my Beemer, I drove into the lot in an 88 Ford pickup that was beat to hell, just to see what they would do.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
Personally I feel driving a nice car enhances the quality of life, same as staying in shape.

I agree with what you are saying here but it's a matter of perception. Save it for when you can actually enjoy it.

Like Hereford said.
Why would you buy a 60K or such car to run into the ground on the daily commute grind?
Run the miles on the 2nd rate vehicles, keep the nice ride for the weekend.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
Hahaha, when I went to get my Beemer, I drove into the lot in an 88 Ford pickup that was beat to hell, just to see what they would do.

I bought a new 320i in 1984 and rode into the lot on my strand cruiser bike.  Put it in the trunk and drove off.  I promise you everyone was looking at me.  The thing was I was there to buy a jeep CJ7 and the guy talked me into the BMW.  He used to be a quarterback for the Rams Vince Ferragamo. 

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 02:41:31 PM »

I purchased my car online.  It isnt good for ethnics to visit dealerships.  They try to give out BS deals such as  $3000 down at 12%-15% vs 2.95% with $2500-$3500 in additional rebates.  USA is a wonderful place.
Oh...Monica!

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »
I purchased my car online.  It isnt good for ethnics to visit dealerships.  They try to give out BS deals such as  $3000 down at 12%-15% vs 2.95% with $2500-$3500 in additional rebates.  USA is a wonderful place.

business is business ..... if the seller sees a weak point he will start off high/higher.... its up to the individual to get the deal they think/know is right....

its how u talk not how u look

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
business is business ..... if the seller sees a weak point he will start off high/higher.... its up to the individual to get the deal they think/know is right....

its how u talk not how u look

Thanks.  I think they've already proved what I said on 20/20, Dateline and so forth with hidden cameras.  Thanks again.
Oh...Monica!

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
Thanks.  I think they've already proved what I said on 20/20, Dateline and so forth with hidden cameras.  Thanks again.

haaa ok..... i understand what ur saying..... i dont know of "20/20" or "dateline" im scottish and i dont watch TV anyway.....

if u get any asian guy that knows enough about business and send him into a car dealers..... yes they might try to start him off with a shit deal.... but its down to the individual to walk away with the right deal....

if an asian guy walks away with a shit deal its not because hes asian he got a shit deal its because he doesnt know business and has'nt done his homework....

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »

Car salesmen are assholes.  This is news like it's news that Jenna Jameson is not a virgin.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »
One of my bosses in a place i used to work at drove a Ford Explorer that was over 10 years old and even had some rust on it, and he made about 400k per year. 

It's funny to me how some people put so much into materialistic things.......good to see people like that. Fuck what anyone thinks.
HAHA, RON.....

musclepug

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »
WARREN BUFFETT !!

Drives a 2000 Lincoln.

Lives in a  4 bedroom house in Omaha..........

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 04:21:44 PM »
WARREN BUFFETT !!

Drives a 2000 Lincoln.

Lives in a  4 bedroom house in Omaha..........

yep its nuts.................... ..   :o

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »
it must suck not to be able to have a porsche or beamer, but still have to wear a suit and tie to work in a mid 90's Ford explorer. Geez. Are u kidding me how depressing is ur life

Dude, I see people trading in neew 750 BMW's for the old Lexus LS400. Those things last forever....Must suck not know that much about cars

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 04:24:24 PM »
cars are the dumbest most worthless thing to spend big money on, they lose thousands of $$$$ in value the millisecond you drive it off the lot. ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »
cars are the dumbest most worthless thing to spend big money on, they lose thousands of $$$$ in value the millisecond you drive it off the lot. ::)
`

WRONG Corvettes and other classic muscle cars from the 60s sold for tops 4K now worth upwards of 250K+

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
`

WRONG Corvettes and other classic muscle cars from the 60s sold for tops 4K now worth upwards of 250K+
not driven with thousands in refurbishing done and in mint condition, i'm talking about the way an average person uses their vehicle.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. So many times in my life I've met people who earn a shitload and have the same unostentatious car for years. Yet they've nearly always got a fantastic house that, in a good/normal market, will appreciate. Contrast that with the guys who live in a piece of shit but have a year old Merc or top of the range Beamer on the drive.
O

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
Not really.  My sis would go to a thift shop when she was making $60K yrly.  This other lady showed up every week to shop in a Range HSE Sport.  They were getting designer s##t off of the rack for like $10.

Yeah.. I bought an Italian croc leather belt at Century 21 for like $15. Of course it's good to shop around.

My point is that if you're a professional in the finance field you should pay attention careful attention to your attire.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 04:32:59 PM »
`

a 70 Hemicuda was on auction on tv a few days ago.  got up to 380k.  the owner didn't take the reserve off, it's being re auctioned.
Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 04:34:37 PM »
It's funny to me how some people put so much into materialistic things.......good to see people like that. Fuck what anyone thinks.
I think the same thing sometimes, but then when I go to the BMW dealership that is walking distance from me, and see the brand new M3 in coupe or sedan...I gots too have it...

Luckily I have a car that will last.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »
a 70 Hemicuda was on auction on tv a few days ago.  got up to 380k.  the owner didn't take the reserve off, it's being re auctioned.

Right that car sold band new for $3500-4000 tops too

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »
whats a sedan?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 05:00:53 PM »
dumb thread...

1995 C280

1995 325i

1995 XJ12

S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »
I had a friend that drove his old beat-up truck into a dealership and was looking at the BMWs.  A saleman asked him "Shouldn't you be in the used car lot?" and laughed at my friend.

My friend got another salesman and bought a BMW and a new truck.

Kind of story I love to hear.  ;D
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »
I remember her crying and my dad going out and cleaning it.  I thought it was funny how someone knew just from the car she was a bitch.  I thought you had to live with her to know that.

omg hahaha

Back in the 1980's my grandmother had a 1980's 300 Series.  She wrecked into the back of a guy that pulled out in front of her onto the interstate (after hunting) in a big truck.  The Mercedes saved my mom, aunt and grandmother, and absolutely smashed the guys Truck from tailgate up to the cab.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
im not too clued up on american cars...but im sure buffet drives a lincoln town car.....if the lincoln town car is the limo then it must just be a lincoln ..... a smart 90's car...

he also still lives in the same home he purchased about 30 years ago for about 30k and he is now the richest man on the planet estimated worth is around 56 billion

My neighbor makes good money, and he has a 90's Lincoln Town Car with around 400k miles on it.
S