Author Topic: Business people with mid 90's vehicles hahahaha  (Read 9525 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Business people with mid 90's vehicles hahahaha
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
Kind of story I love to hear.  ;D

Reminds me of the story of Sam Simon the co-creator of The Simpsons walked into the Mercesdes/Rolls Royce dealership to purchase floor mats for his Mercedes ask the sales man assistance and he snapped " I don't work in the parts department " he bought the mats and a $400K Rolls Royce and the salesman lost a healthy commission

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:10 PM »
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. So many times in my life I've met people who earn a shitload and have the same, unostentatious, car for years. Yet they've nearly always got a fantastic house that, in a good/normal market, will appreciate. Contrast that with the guys who live in a piece of shit but have a year old Merc or top of the range Beamer on the drive.

Dude, so fucking right. There's this guy I've seen who lives in a fucking trailer and drives a fucking Hummer......what a fucking tool. Doesn't even have a garage to park the damn thing in.....another financial genius!
HAHA, RON.....

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:32 PM »
Reminds me of the story of Sam Simon the co-creator of The Simpsons walked into the Mercesdes/Rolls Royce dealership to purchase floor mats for his Mercedes ask the sales man assistance and he snapped " I don't work in the parts department " he bought the mats and a $400K Rolls Royce and the salesman lost a healthy commission

haha nice...

S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
I know a real estate broker in town who just sold his office to a bigger company for a few million.  He drives a mid 1990's Jeep Cherokee.
S

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 05:17:48 PM »
if you're smart you'll buy a damn Corolla these days, awesome gas mileage and the thing will never give you any troubles.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »
I know a real estate broker in town who just sold his office to a bigger company for a few million.  He drives a mid 1990's Jeep Cherokee.

When I was a teenager I use to work at a car wash on the weekends and this guy use to come in all the time with his Ford Ranger pick-up very unassuming dressed in jeans & a t-shirt , the guy behind him said " You'd never know huh? " I said " Know what? " he said " He's worth $30 million dollars " and this was back in the late eighties , he own one of the biggest building supply companies in Rhode Island , nicest humble guy you ever meet too.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »
I'm the type of person that will  drive a car into the ground and I don't care what people think about it. I drove a Chevy Celebrity until it had 175,000 miles on it. I would have done the same with my last car, an Olds Alero, but that lemon crapped out on me at 119,000. I drive a Scion tc now and will drive it until the repairs become too costly. Once a car is paid off you should drive it for as long as possble. It is such a bargain to do so.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
When I was a teenager I use to work at a car wash on the weekends and this guy use to come in all the time with his Ford Ranger pick-up very unassuming dressed in jeans & a t-shirt , the guy behind him said " You'd never know huh? " I said " Know what? " he said " He's worth $30 million dollars " and this was back in the late eighties , he own one of the biggest building supply companies in Rhode Island , nicest humble guy you ever meet too.

stories like this are great. That's the difference between rich and wealthy. There is no need to call attention to yourself. Only when it's necessary. Not like you are going to take the Chevette to the golf course.  :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »
I'm the type of person that will  drive a car into the ground and I don't care what people think about it. I drove a Chevy Celebrity until it had 175,000 miles on it. I would have done the same with my last car, an Olds Alero, but that lemon crapped out on me at 119,000. I drive a Scion tc now and will drive it until the repairs become too costly. Once a car is paid off you should drive it for as long as possble. It is such a bargain to do so.

Yeah I don't care what other people think about it either. I care, that is all that matters. I won't drive crap car though. So you should try to have a nice car.
Buy an old German car.  ;D

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
1998 BMW 328i Cabriolet- 410,000 kms. Monthly car payment - $0. LOL. Rather spend dough on my house and travel. Can put 1,000,000 km on this engine.

Moosejay

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2008, 06:05:28 PM »
it must suck not to be able to have a porsche or beamer, but still have to wear a suit and tie to work in a mid 90's Ford explorer. Geez. Are u kidding me how depressing is ur life

Warren Buffet drives an old pickup. Lives in same, 3,000 square foot house for 30+ years.

'Nuff said

Moosejay

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2008, 06:10:44 PM »
I thought you lived in Cabrini Green ??? 

I used to serve summonses there foir a lawyer when  I was inb college. Got shot at and quit that fucking deal...was only being paid $25 per run...crazy place

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
Theres this guy who lives right near me who owns this really nice restaurant right near the beach and this kitchen company who were the first people in Australia to bring over ceaserstone, some shit for kitchen bench tops or some shit.

Anyway, i always saw him drive this old Holden Commodore, must have been 15 years old or so. I thought it was kinda cool how he was so rich yet had just a normal, old car.

So one day i walk past his place and his garage was up (id never seen it up before) and inside his garage is a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, Aston Martin DB9 and his old piece of shit car. It was werid as id never seen him drive his lambo or Aston before...

Either way, if i had the money, id buy sick cars. But i come from a family who has always had nice rides and just loves cars in general.
No doubt about it...

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »
Warren Buffet drives an old pickup. Lives in same, 3,000 square foot house for 30+ years.

'Nuff said

He may live in the same house for the last 30+ years but he has at least 1 residence on each continent and then some.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2008, 06:38:43 PM »
Never ceases to amaze me how people 'define' their life and success on the car they drive.  As if having a BMW makes your life longer or better than driving a Honda or Toyota.  Another sad person hoping to fill the void with consumer goods. 

It's the Los Angeles way... People in LA are absolutely defined by the vehicle that they drive.

I'm not really sure why that is though.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »
Being a businessman and not having a nice car isn't that bad.  But imagine if you were some 170 lb midget twink like this?

Im barely 5'7, 170 lbs - so i got fucked on aize, (thanks random dna sequencing)but i am capable of getting some decent poon. Pretty good looking, but just turned 21 so this scenario may come out to play one day.

Say your downtown in club/bar and u and ur girl are drinking at bar, and some drunk, 6'+ 230lber tries to mess with u/hit on your girl right in front of you knowing u wont do shit... What the hell am i gonna do? "Hey bud u wanna take this outside"? I mean give me a break i know where i stand  i am in  no means a fighter or have an aggressive dickhead attitute, but at the same time i dont wanna let some jackass punk me out in front of my girl. Where can I go from here to save my pride?

Pussies like this need a nice car much more than anyone successful.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2008, 06:40:26 PM »

'Nuff said
went 2 a public school

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
Being a businessman and not having a nice car isn't that bad.  But imagine if you were some 170 lb midget twink like this?

Pussies like this need a nice car much more than anyone successful.

My menu kicks your menu's ass  ;D

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »
1998 BMW 328i Cabriolet- 410,000 kms. Monthly car payment - $0. LOL. Rather spend dough on my house and travel. Can put 1,000,000 km on this engine.

nice carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr

gotta love bimmers... :)

seriously i have seen bmw engines at 800 000... km... that is A LOT... and they ran pretty nice too  :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
old mercedes engines are great.

get an old W123, W124, W126. Three of the best ever made!

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »

get an old W123, W124, W126. Three of the best even made!

I have a 1995 E420, that i just love, I was looking for an E500, but found the 420 in mint condition, amazing car. I also have a 1995 Audi S6 avant, it is pretty much stock, but I did chip it and put a short shifter in it. Another super car from the mid 90's. My wife who makes a ton of money, drives a 1995 honda accord and I am sure she will drive it until it dies.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »

get an old W123, W124, W126. Three of the best even made!
my w123 240D is so slow up hills it makes me laugh..got it floored and she gets to 30 mph on a good day

Moosejay

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »
He may live in the same house for the last 30+ years but he has at least 1 residence on each continent and then some.

You get the point

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »
I have a 1995 E420, that i just love, I was looking for an E500, but found the 420 in mint condition, amazing car. I also have a 1995 Audi S6 avant, it is pretty much stock, but I did chip it and put a short shifter in it. Another super car from the mid 90's. My wife who makes a ton of money, drives a 1995 honda accord and I am sure she will drive it until it dies.

i love how u americans drive tanks with big fuck off engines....in the UK the vast majority of people drive cars with an engine no greater than 2L

what do u pay per litre for fuel?

the annoying thing is all these 4 & 5 litre mercs and bmw's have the luxury interior .....and all the cars with less than a 2 litre engine are like russian cars inside...  >:(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »
i love how u americans drive tanks with big fuck off engines....in the UK the vast majority of people drive cars with an engine no greater than 2L

what do u pay per litre for fuel?

the annoying thing is all these 4 & 5 litre mercs and bmw's have the luxury interior .....and all the cars with less than a 2 litre engine are like russian cars inside...  >:(
my W123 is a diesel  4.80 a gal.  the W124 and 26 are gas  3.75 a gal