Author Topic: Bolt shows disrespect  (Read 10298 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Bolt shows disrespect
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »

Ahhhhhhhh.....a student.

I never needed study groups. I did it on my own.

Well, wait till you 'graduate', then maybe your thoughts will matter.

respect.

im done with undergrad Morehouse college....look it up..

Im in my final year of book work for med school Emory...look it up chief...you so dont want a battle of brains with me

Moosejay

« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2008, 03:28:07 PM »
im done with undergrad Morehouse college....look it up..

Im in my final year of book work for med school Emory...look it up chief...you so dont want a battle of brains with me

I don't have to look it up. Morehouse is a mediocre school, as you know.

I would rather work with you.

Seeing you are gonna be a doc, you should learn this.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »

do you think bolt was disrespectful? personally i dont think he intentionally was.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »

Morehouse= Mediocre...

are you serious...look at morehouses rep...Been called the harvard of the south...if you are black on wall st you came from morehouse...

The college was rated by The Wall Street Journal as #29 out of the top 50 "feeder schools" for elite graduate study in a 2004 study. [9] [10] According to a 2007 joint publication by Newsweek and Kaplan, Inc., Morehouse College is one of the "25 Hottest Schools in America" and the "hottest men's college".[11]

Academia

[edit] Educators
Name   Class year   Notability   Reference
Calvin O. Butts 1972 President, SUNY College at Old Westbury [1]
Mordecai Wyatt Johnson 1911 First African-American president of Howard University [2]
Michael Lomax 1968 President and CEO of the United Negro College Fund and former president of Dillard University [3]

[edit] Professors and researchers

[edit] Business
Ronald D. Brown  CEO and Founder of Atlanta Life Financial Group, Inc  
Herman Cain 1967 former Godfather's Pizza CEO [4]

[edit] Entertainment

[edit] Music

[edit] Film, television and theatre

Samuel L. Jackson at a Los Angeles eventName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Samuel L. Jackson 1972 actor [5]
Spike Lee 1979 film director and producer [5]
Bill G. Nunn III 1976 notable stage and film actor [6]
Saul Williams 1994 poet, preacher, actor, rapper, singer and musician [7]

[edit] Literature
Miles Marshall Lewis 1993 author [8]

[edit] Government, law, and public policy

[edit] Federal government

Congressman Sanford Bishop
Earl Hilliard, fmr. Congressman
Congressman Major Owens
David Satcher, former U.S. Surgeon GeneralName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Sanford Bishop 1968 U.S. Congressman (Georgia) [9]
Henry W. Foster, Jr. 1954 former nominee to post of US Surgeon General  
Earl F. Hilliard 1964 former U.S. Congressman (Alabama) [10]
Walter E. Massey 1958 Director of the National Science Foundation under President George H.W. Bush, former Provost of the University of California System, and President Emeritus of Morehouse College  
Major R. Owens 1956 U.S. Congressman (New York) [11]
David Satcher 1963 16th U.S. Surgeon General, former president of Morehouse School of Medicine [12]
Louis W. Sullivan 1954 former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services and current President Emeritus of Morehouse School of Medicine [13]

[edit] State government

Julian BondName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Julian Bond 1971 Civil rights leader, former Georgia state representative & Chairman of the NAACP [5]

[edit] Mayors
Claude Black Jr. 1930's First black Mayor Pro Tem of San Antonio, Texas, civil rights leader, pastor of Mt. Zion First Baptist Church in San Antonio  
Maynard Jackson 1956 First African American Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia [5]

[edit] Judges and Lawyers

[edit] Journalist and media personalities

[edit] Literature
Lerone Bennett, Jr. 1949 Senior editor for the Johnson Publishing Group (JET, Ebony)  

[edit] Military Service

[edit] Religion

Howard ThurmanName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Howard Thurman 1923 Theologian  

[edit] Science

[edit] Service and social reform

Civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.Name   Class year   Notability   Reference
Hamilton Holmes 1963 Desegregated the University of Georgia (along with Charlayne Hunter). He first attended Morehouse before transferring to UGA [5]
Martin Luther King Jr. 1948 civil rights leader and Nobel Laureate [5]

[edit] Sports

[edit] Olympics

Edwin Moses at the 1987 World ChampionshipName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Edwin Moses 1978 Olympic gold medalist [5]

[edit] Basketball

[edit] Baseball
Donn Clendenon 1956 New York Mets Outfielder and 1969 World Series MVP  

[edit] American football

David Graham  DE, Seattle Seahawks 1982, 1987 [14]
Issac Keys  LB, Arizona Cardinals 2004-2005 [15]
Kalvin Pearson  DB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2002-2007

Moosejay

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2008, 03:34:52 PM »

Morehouse= Mediocre...

are you serious...look at morehouses rep...Been called the harvard of the south...if you are black on wall st you came from morehouse...

The college was rated by The Wall Street Journal as #29 out of the top 50 "feeder schools" for elite graduate study in a 2004 study. [9] [10] According to a 2007 joint publication by Newsweek and Kaplan, Inc., Morehouse College is one of the "25 Hottest Schools in America" and the "hottest men's college".[11]

Academia

[edit] Educators
Calvin O. Butts 1972 President, SUNY College at Old Westbury [1]
Mordecai Wyatt Johnson 1911 First African-American president of Howard University [2]
Michael Lomax 1968 President and CEO of the United Negro College Fund and former president of Dillard University [3]

[edit] Professors and researchers

[edit] Business
Ronald D. Brown  CEO and Founder of Atlanta Life Financial Group, Inc  
Herman Cain 1967 former Godfather's Pizza CEO [4]

[edit] Entertainment

[edit] Music

[edit] Film, television and theatre

Samuel L. Jackson at a Los Angeles eventName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Samuel L. Jackson 1972 actor [5]
Spike Lee 1979 film director and producer [5]
Bill G. Nunn III 1976 notable stage and film actor [6]
Saul Williams 1994 poet, preacher, actor, rapper, singer and musician [7]

[edit] Literature
Miles Marshall Lewis 1993 author [8]

[edit] Government, law, and public policy

[edit] Federal government

Congressman Sanford Bishop
Earl Hilliard, fmr. Congressman
Congressman Major Owens
David Satcher, former U.S. Surgeon GeneralName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Sanford Bishop 1968 U.S. Congressman (Georgia) [9]
Henry W. Foster, Jr. 1954 former nominee to post of US Surgeon General  
Earl F. Hilliard 1964 former U.S. Congressman (Alabama) [10]
Walter E. Massey 1958 Director of the National Science Foundation under President George H.W. Bush, former Provost of the University of California System, and President Emeritus of Morehouse College  
Major R. Owens 1956 U.S. Congressman (New York) [11]
David Satcher 1963 16th U.S. Surgeon General, former president of Morehouse School of Medicine [12]
Louis W. Sullivan 1954 former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services and current President Emeritus of Morehouse School of Medicine [13]

[edit] State government

Julian BondName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Julian Bond 1971 Civil rights leader, former Georgia state representative & Chairman of the NAACP [5]

[edit] Mayors
Claude Black Jr. 1930's First black Mayor Pro Tem of San Antonio, Texas, civil rights leader, pastor of Mt. Zion First Baptist Church in San Antonio  
Maynard Jackson 1956 First African American Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia [5]

[edit] Judges and Lawyers

[edit] Journalist and media personalities

[edit] Literature
Lerone Bennett, Jr. 1949 Senior editor for the Johnson Publishing Group (JET, Ebony)  

[edit] Military Service

[edit] Religion

Howard ThurmanName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Howard Thurman 1923 Theologian  

[edit] Science

[edit] Service and social reform

Civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.Name   Class year   Notability   Reference
Hamilton Holmes 1963 Desegregated the University of Georgia (along with Charlayne Hunter). He first attended Morehouse before transferring to UGA [5]
Martin Luther King Jr. 1948 civil rights leader and Nobel Laureate [5]

[edit] Sports

[edit] Olympics

Edwin Moses at the 1987 World ChampionshipName   Class year   Notability   Reference
Edwin Moses 1978 Olympic gold medalist [5]

[edit] Basketball

[edit] Baseball
Donn Clendenon 1956 New York Mets Outfielder and 1969 World Series MVP  

[edit] American football

David Graham  DE, Seattle Seahawks 1982, 1987 [14]
Issac Keys  LB, Arizona Cardinals 2004-2005 [15]
Kalvin Pearson  DB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2002-2007

Someday, when you are finally done with school

you will find

that ABSOLUTELY no one

will ask you

where you went to school.

It won't matter

they will want

WIIFM=What's In It For Me

Its true

You will have to produce.

Not one patient will care.

You will see.

the rest is drivel.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
Someday, when you are finally done with school

you will find

that ABSOLUTELY no one

will ask you

where you went to school.

It won't matter

they will want

WIIFM=What's In It For Me

Its true

You will have to produce.

Not one patient will care.

You will see.

the rest is drivel.

What about initially? Like when applying for internship or whatever, is where you went important? Serious question.
E

Moosejay

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2008, 03:40:21 PM »
What about initially? Like when applying for internship or whatever, is where you went important? Serious question.

If you graduate from an Ivy league school and are looking to get into a Big 6 accounting firm or top law firm, if you rank high, yes.

Interships select you, you don't select them ordinarily. In these cases school and rank count.

After this, though, YOUR productivity counts the most,

nothing else.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
If you graduate from an Ivy league school and are looking to get into a Big 6 accounting firm or top law firm, if you rank high, yes.

Interships select you, you don't select them ordinarily. In these cases school and rank count.

nothing else.

The better the internship, the better chance of a good gig, yes? Like an internship at the Mayo clinic would be a better bargaining chip for a solid job than say an internship at St. Joes in Pontiac, Mi.?
E

Moosejay

« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »
The better the internship, the better chance of a good gig, yes? Like an internship at the Mayo clinic would be a better bargaining chip for a solid job than say an internship at St. Joes in Pontiac, Mi.?

Hell yes.

Altho I was a patient at Mayo and I felt they fucked me up! :P

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
Hell yes.

Altho I was a patient at Mayo and I felt they fucked me up! :P

So your school does matter initially then. Until you can make a name for yourself, you could say that your school does the speaking?
E

Moosejay

« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
So your school does matter initially then. Until you can make a name for yourself, you could say that your school does the speaking?

Sure it does.

When in the thick of things (And I visit many many docs these days) I find myself NEVER wondering where they went to school.

Just so long as they can help me.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2008, 04:04:59 PM »
Don't know him.

He started this racist mumbo-jumbo with me.

But we all know racists cannot be educated.

Impossible, so I have learned

Big_Mal's in Med school...I think this trump's your schooling...

And actually he didn't, he called you a "hater", in which I agree.

Let's take this back to when you wee 21, at that age, and your mentality then, would you, after breaking a WR and winning a Gold medal, for a tiny country, be shaking other competitors hands, with no emotion?

Chances are the answer would be no.

Moosejay

« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »
Big_Mal's in Med school...I think this trump's your schooling...

No. He said he is in final 'book work' for med school.

NOT in med school. And, lemme tell ya...if he is looking to TRUMP anyone at anything, he should search for a new profession....we have enough asshole, pompous docs here already.

And actually he didn't, he called you a "hater", in which I agree.

I don't understand your 'lingo'...'hater' whatever that means.

Let's take this back to when you wee 21, at that age, and your mentality then, would you, after breaking a WR and winning a Gold medal, for a tiny country, be shaking other competitors hands, with no emotion?

I was brought very differently...TWO parents at home...VERY strict...and YES, I would handle myself with aplomb and proper comportment....even if I were 12 years old.

Chances are the answer would be no.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

nothing else.

Dude, now, it's who you know...I live less than 30 minutes from DC, and in the Balt-Wash area, there are more young single people making "bank", than any other place in in the US.
Many have gotten their jobs, not just for productivity, but networking and who you know.Not so much the merit system that you speak of.

Morehouse, a mediocre school, ::), Are you stuck in the 70's? Morehouse, Spelman, Clark, those are some great schools to go to...  

a "Hater' or "Hata", is just that, someone who hates on others,  Example, the guy down the street from you just bought a Mercedes Benz ClK63 AMG Black series. He obviously doesn't care about gas mileage, because he as the money to pay for a limit edition 100K car. You meanwhile (I don't know what you have, this is a example) have a 2004 Toyota Corolla that you are still paying on, plus bills piling up. Instead of congratulating  him, you feel a sense of loathing and jealous against him, and wish him ill will. This is a hater, those who are jealous of others success, but don't do anything to change their situations, but spend their energy spouting off on the "little things", because that have a deep seated lathing for those who have it better or who have succeeded where the "hata" has failed.   

Moosejay

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »
Dude, now, it's who you know...I live less than 30 minutes from DC, and in the Balt-Wash area, there are more young single people making "bank", than any other place in in the US.
Many have gotten their jobs, not just for productivity, but networking and who you know.Not so much the merit system that you speak of.

Morehouse, a mediocre school, ::), Are you stuck in the 70's? Morehouse, Spelman, Clark, those are some great schools to go to...  

a "Hater' or "Hata", is just that, someone who hates on others,  Example, the guy down the street from you just bought a Mercedes Benz ClK63 AMG Black series. He obviously doesn't care about gas mileage, because he as the money to pay for a limit edition 100K car. You meanwhile (I don't know what you have, this is a example) have a 2004 Toyota Corolla that you are still paying on, plus bills piling up. Instead of congratulating  him, you feel a sense of loathing and jealous against him, and wish him ill will. This is a hater, those who are jealous of others success, but don't do anything to change their situations, but spend their energy spouting off on the "little things", because that have a deep seated lathing for those who have it better or who have succeeded where the "hata" has failed.   

Then I am not a hater. I revel in the exploits of others.

Persoanlly, I think pissing money away on material things is just that...pissing it away.

And I'd never buy a foreign car.

I am close to retired. I have done well. I am completely self made. I have never ever worked for anyone. You can/ will too.

Those are OKAY schools.

I live on Yale campus, so you know what I am around all day. Pompous Yale asses.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
Then I am not a hater. I revel in the exploits of others.

Persoanlly, I think pissing money away on material things is just that...pissing it away.

And I'd never buy a foreign car.

I am close to retired. I have done well. I am completely self made. I have never ever worked for anyone. You can/ will too.

Those are OKAY schools.

I live on Yale campus, so you know what I am around all day. Pompous Yale asses.

i actaully agree with many of your points, especially about the post above mine, plus you are coming from a diff era. Big_Mal's is cool, and has been able to balance bodybuilding, school, and being  a playa and actually get somewhere with all of it. I respect that, and he doesn't throw it in anybody's face, so he doesn't garner any hate from me

Moosejay

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
i actaully agree with many of your points, especially about the post above mine, plus you are coming from a diff era. Big_Mal's is cool, and has been able to balance bodybuilding, school, and being  a playa and actually get somewhere with all of it. I respect that, and he doesn't throw it in anybody's face, so he doesn't garner any hate from me

But what is 'playa'? Is that not Gangster jazz?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
a "Hater' or "Hata", is just that, someone who hates on others,  Example, the guy down the street from you just bought a Mercedes Benz ClK63 AMG Black series. He obviously doesn't care about gas mileage, because he as the money to pay for a limit edition 100K car. You meanwhile (I don't know what you have, this is a example) have a 2004 Toyota Corolla that you are still paying on, plus bills piling up. Instead of congratulating  him, you feel a sense of loathing and jealous against him, and wish him ill will. This is a hater, those who are jealous of others success, but don't do anything to change their situations, but spend their energy spouting off on the "little things", because that have a deep seated lathing for those who have it better or who have succeeded where the "hata" has failed.    

Thuganomics 101

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »
guys what does this have to do with bolt?

Moosejay

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2008, 04:43:07 PM »

and btw, good...we need more people like that

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »

Morehouse= Mediocre...

haha Harvard of the south. Morehouse's average sat score for incoming freshman is 1080.  Avergae gpa is 3.2.  Both of those are very low.

Moosejay

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »
haha Harvard of the south. Morehouse's average sat score for incoming freshman is 1080.  Avergae gpa is 3.2.  Both of those are very low.

Those are not bad grades.

Like I have said...many of you younger guys will eventually realize that all those grades and numbers, while necessary early on, mean squat in the real world. You will see.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »

Like I have said...many of you younger guys will eventually realize that all those grades and numbers, while necessary early on, mean squat in the real world. You will see.
For "the Harvard of the south" they are.  My school has been called the same.  I don't agree with it, but our average SAT score is over 1300.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2008, 04:54:12 PM »

You young tikes should listen to Moosejay...he's done everything.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
You see, negroes are beasts.  They have to make shows of dominance because they don't have the brain power to do anything else but hoot and holler.  They don't care about anyone but themselves because that would be a show of weakness and they can't let other apes or blacks see that.  Plus, jamaicans are dumb as rocks.

In all seriousness... the shit about him needing to mature is complete bullshit.  When Michael Johnson was 21, he was world class and wa always very respectful to everyone else he ran against.  He was also one of the whitest black people ever, came from a real family, had a father around and went to elementary school, middle school, high school, graduated from college with a degree in business.  He represents .01% of the black population, wheras bolt represents ever nignog out there; showy, stupid and selfish.

Next!