Author Topic: Bolt shows disrespect  (Read 10314 times)

Moosejay

Bolt shows disrespect
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:58:37 AM »
...in his wins.

He failed to shake the other entrant's hands, ignored honor, and was "It's all me, me, me..."

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
Re: Bolt shows disrespect
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:11:30 AM »
...in his wins.

He failed to shake the other entrant's hands, ignored honor, and was "It's all me, me, me..."

but it IS all 'him, him, him"!

you don't have to be a great man to be a great sportman, please make the distinction.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:12:48 AM »
...in his wins.

If he was Americian you wouldn't even be commenting.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:14:20 AM »
Phelps is arrogant too...
No doubt about it...

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:14:53 AM »

That is where you are wrong

oh

wait

that's nothing new for you

You gotta be you, I guess

It's ok

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:15:37 AM »
He's to busy getting his "shine" on.  ::) You can see the same smug "shuck and jive" at the local public B-Ball courts M-F if you're not too busy working a full time job or being a productive member of society.

Moosejay

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 05:23:38 AM »

Correct

Its so normal for we Yanks to reign supreme that it is just "Ho-Hum"

You know the dealio, Ozzie ;)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 05:25:41 AM »
...in his wins.

As you know, Steroids can turn a jerk into a super-jerk. ;)

Moosejay

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:28:16 AM »
As you know, Steroids can turn a jerk into a super-jerk. ;)

Indeed, this is true.

However, there are those who are nice on roids, thus, he is still just a jerk.

But, maybe after all the hard training and suffering, he gets a pass

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 05:33:43 AM »
Interesting China topping the overall medal tally still. Auatralia on top for most medals per cap of popullation, and Americians still complaining.

Yep nothing changes ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 05:35:17 AM »
He's 21 yrs old, and he "bumped" chests and hugged the other guys and all that, they were picking each other up and stuff, we got full coverage here, not the split NBC style. He won both sprints in WR style, made history, will make stacks of money, nothing will change that.

Plus Bolt and JA will prolly take the relay as well, being as the Tyson Gay just dropped the batton so US went out in the quarter finals, so they are no threat, so JA should coast to a gold.

It's all good for JA and Bolt. When he did as well as he did, certain ppl are gonna talk, its what Jamaicans would call pure passa passa 8)

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:52 AM »
Interesting China topping the overall medal tally still. Auatralia on top for most medals per cap of popullation, and Americians still complaining.

Yep nothing changes ;D

We complain if at all bc we know how good things can be, we don't settle for food rationing, summarily putting people to death for spitting on the ground, and cutting women's hands off for driving

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »
...in his wins.

So, you want him to shake a another dude's hand and say, "good race, sorry you came in 2nd." Only people who are losers in life search for such bullshit. And Bolt was not rubbing his win in. In track and field, there is a lot of jawing that you don't see, there is a lot of rivalry going on. People were complaining when the Americans were running around with their flag b/f, and that blew up.

You talk about that but not about the Cuban dude who said he didn't care that the Chinese dude (who was fluke) was hurt and out of the race, not like the Chinese would have won anyway.

Bolt is 21 years old, and at the top of his chosen sport, a sport that is very flashy, and him being 6'5, he might be a dawning of a new era, in which taller sprinters will be sought out due to their  long stride...

Moosejay

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 05:40:02 AM »
He's 21 yrs old, and he "bumped" chests and hugged the other guys and all that, they were picking each other up and stuff, we got full coverage here, not the split NBC style. He won both sprints in WR style, made history, will make stacks of money, nothing will change that.

Plus Bolt and JA will prolly take the relay as well, being as the Tyson Gay just dropped the batton so US went out in the quarter finals, so they are no threat, so JA should coast to a gold.

It's all good for JA and Bolt. When he did as well as he did, certain ppl are gonna talk, its what Jamaicans would call pure passa passa 8)

We call it pure poor sportsmanship

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 05:40:16 AM »
Auatralia on top for most medals per cap of popullation

You guys always do fantastic per capita. I see you got a track medal, how dare you people come in and take track medals from us? Stick to your swimming please ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 05:42:09 AM »
You guys always do fantastic per capita. I see you got a track medal, how dare you people come in and take track medals from us? Stick to your swimming please ;D

"You people"???

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 05:46:45 AM »

where is "here"?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 05:47:47 AM »
BEIJING -- IOC president Jacques Rogge criticized Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on Thursday for showing a lack of respect to other competitors after his record-breaking gold-medal performances in the 100 and 200 meters.

"That's not the way we perceive being a champion," Rogge said.

Usain Bolt's look-at-me flaunting after winning the 100, and later 200, was criticized by the IOC.

The International Olympic Committee chief hailed Bolt's stunning achievements in the two sprints, comparing him to American great Jesse Owens, but said Bolt should have cut out the look-at-me flaunting and acknowledged the other athletes.

"I have no problem with him doing a show," Rogge said in an interview with three international news agency reporters. "I think he should show more respect for his competitors and shake hands, give a tap on the shoulder to the other ones immediately after the finish and not make gestures like the one he made in the 100 meters."

Having built a huge lead in Saturday's 100 final, Bolt slowed, glanced around with arms outstretched and pounded his chest before crossing the finish line in a world record time of 9.69 seconds.

"I understand the joy," Rogge said. "He might have interpreted that in another way, but the way it was perceived was 'catch me if you can.' You don't do that. But he'll learn. He's still a young man."

Bolt, who turned 22 on Thursday, stormed to another one-sided victory Wednesday night in the 200, breaking Michael Johnson's 12-year-old record of 19.32 seconds and lowering the mark to 19.30.

Bolt made little effort to congratulate the other runners as he wrapped himself in a Jamaican flag and set off on a solo victory lap. Swaying to the reggae music on the stadium loudspeakers, he walked barefoot around the track, putting his face inches from a TV camera, raising an index finger and yelling, "I am No. 1! I am No. 1!"

"He still has to mature," Rogge said. "I would love him to show more respect for his competitors. That's not the way we perceive being a champion. But he will learn in time. He should shake hands with his competitors and not ignore them. He'll learn that sooner or later. But [he's] a great athlete, of course."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/trackandfield/news/story?id=3545687

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 05:48:33 AM »
We complain

"You people"???

We call it pure poor sportsmanship

We're the US of A.  We don't have to spend our time complaining and whining about being offended.  let's focus on what we're gonna win today and this week, instead of focusing our mental energies into past stuff.  Winners don't have time to whine about being offended because they're too bush winning.

Moosejay

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 05:54:26 AM »
We're the US of A.  We don't have to spend our time complaining and whining about being offended.  let's focus on what we're gonna win today and this week, instead of focusing our mental energies into past stuff.  Winners don't have time to whine about being offended because they're too bush winning.

Excellent and true

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 05:56:53 AM »
Yes, Australia is very good.
No doubt about it...

capirnakus

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 06:04:37 AM »
how is this any different than when michael johnson won the 200 in atlanta and disrespected the new 100m champ bailey by saying his time was less than double baileys therefore he is faster. i believe this lead to a challenge for 1 million dollars and a 150m race in toronto canada. where bailey handed johnson his ass. did anyone hear the clip of phelps saying "hows my ass tasted" to his competetors. wheres the IOC's comment on that cocky fuck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 06:05:36 AM »
did anyone hear the clip of phelps saying "hows my ass tasted" to his competetors. wheres the IOC's comment on that cocky fuck.

youtube clip of that?  that's a shitty thing to say.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 06:07:48 AM »
WEH WEH WEH!

sports needs bastards, egomaniacs ergo: characters! Could you imagine every athleet being a good sport like Jay Cutler? nobody would watch sport again. It's the show of emotion that keeps people excited, and makes us relate to them. I would be very surprised if the winner immediately started shaking hand with his competitors, as Rogge suggested. That would feel very contrived.

Moosejay

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 06:09:25 AM »
how is this any different than when michael johnson won the 200 in atlanta and disrespected the new 100m champ bailey by saying his time was less than double baileys therefore he is faster. i believe this lead to a challenge for 1 million dollars and a 150m race in toronto canada. where bailey handed johnson his ass. did anyone hear the clip of phelps saying "hows my ass tasted" to his competetors. wheres the IOC's comment on that cocky fuck.

Paxil is a great drug.

Eat some.