Author Topic: Bolt shows disrespect  (Read 10191 times)

Moosejay

Re: Bolt shows disrespect
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 06:10:42 AM »
WEH WEH WEH!

sports needs bastards, egomaniacs ergo: characters! Could you imagine every athleet being a good sport like Jay Cutler? nobody would watch sport again. It's the show of emotion that keeps people excited, and makes us relate to them. I would be very surprised if the winner immediately started shaking hand with his competitors, as Rogge suggested. That would feel very contrived.

"That is just one white man's opinion..."

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 06:12:07 AM »
i dont see any real difference from alot of the other sprinters and past champoins. it just seems to be part of the persona of the sprinter.

michael johnson was a douchebag. carl lewis no better. even donovan bailey(and im canadian) showed he can be a prick after he won.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 06:14:51 AM »
This just in-people are people.
just because he's the fastest guy in the world doesn't mean he has class.there's plenty of idiots in the real world and plenty of idiots in sports.

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 06:16:06 AM »
i dont see any real difference from alot of the other sprinters and past champoins. it just seems to be part of the persona of the sprinter.

michael johnson was a douchebag. carl lewis no better. even donovan bailey(and im canadian) showed he can be a prick after he won.

Lewis is a great singer, tho!

capirnakus

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 06:16:36 AM »
Paxil is a great drug.

Eat some.

i think its you that needs this. im young, healthy and my dick works. no need for the drugs your old ass requires just to get out of bed and spew american propoganda all day on a bodybuilding forum.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 06:17:12 AM »
Lewis is a great singer, tho!

ya he did a great job with the national anthem  ::)

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 06:18:24 AM »
People acting purely out of duty are strange, not authentic. How would you like it when a friend came to visit you in the hospital, because he felt it was his duty to do so, not because he was your friend pers's, I'd be pissed!
in order to relate to, and 'appreciate' people they have to act, or atleast come accross as authentic, that also means that there's a number of authentic bastards amongst us.

do some reading on the subject: www.amazon.com search for philosophy authenticity, might open your eyes.

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 06:19:11 AM »
i think its you that needs this. im young, healthy and my dick works

Do the world a favor and don't use your dick
. no need for the drugs your old ass requires just to get out of bed and spew american propoganda all day on a bodybuilding forum.

And really, try some paxil. Calm down. Or go fight some Iranis

Moosejay

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 06:20:35 AM »
People acting purely out of duty are strange, not authentic. How would you like it when a friend came to visit you in the hospital, because he felt it was his duty to do so, not because he was your friend pers's, I'd be pissed!
in order to relate to, and 'appreciate' people they have to act, or atleast come accross as authentic, that also means that there's a number of authentic bastards amongst us.

do some reading on the subject: www.amazon.com search for philosophy authenticity, might open your eyes.

Decorum is still necessary.

capirnakus

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 06:22:09 AM »
And really, try some paxil. Calm down. Or go fight some Iranis

why would i do that? my country isnt dependant on foreign sources for oil hence no need to fight in a bullshit war. how much of your country supports this war anyways?

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 06:24:50 AM »
why would i do that? my country isnt dependant on foreign sources for oil hence no need to fight in a bullshit war. how much of your country supports this war anyways?

And your country is?

France?

Germany?

Likely some shithole we have pulled out of the griddle more times than I could venture.

We all support our country and its interests.

Whgich are likely your interests, also.

Comrade.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 06:29:39 AM »
Wha wha, cry some more.

He's the fastest man in the world, he has every right to be cocky. Maybe if somebody actually challenged him and finished within 10m he'd be a little humble.
It's Hip to be Square!

capirnakus

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 06:30:21 AM »
And your country is?

France?

Germany?

Likely some shithole we have pulled out of the griddle more times than I could venture.

We all support our country and its interests.

Whgich are likely your interests, also.

Comrade.

im just saying 70% of your country does not support this war. or the laughing stock of the world for that matter, bush. and the us has never bailed my country out of anything.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 06:32:06 AM »
...in his wins.

He failed to shake the other entrant's hands, ignored honor, and was "It's all me, me, me..."

::)

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 06:35:24 AM »
im just saying 70% of your country does not support this war. or the laughing stock of the world for that matter, bush. and the us has never bailed my country out of anything.

Propaganda.

History will smile on Bush.

And if you are proud of your country, you'd say where you hail from.

Simple math

or

Simpleton

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 06:36:53 AM »
how is this any different than when michael johnson won the 200 in atlanta and disrespected the new 100m champ bailey by saying his time was less than double baileys therefore he is faster. i believe this lead to a challenge for 1 million dollars and a 150m race in toronto canada. where bailey handed johnson his ass. did anyone hear the clip of phelps saying "hows my ass tasted" to his competetors. wheres the IOC's comment on that cocky fuck.
You have proof of that?  Shaq said that to Kobe Bryant.  Never heard about Phelps saying it.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:41 AM »
I'm Australian.

I am proud that our country with a relatively small population (20 mil) is one of America's closet allies.  8)
No doubt about it...

Moosejay

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 06:40:25 AM »
I'm Australian.

I am proud that our country with a relatively small population (20 mil) is one of America's closet allies.  8)

Indeed, and I agree. A country of honor.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:48 AM »
...in his wins.

He failed to shake the other entrant's hands, ignored honor, and was "It's all me, me, me..."
STFU, I guess you would have liked him to thank you! He is a great Olympian have some respect TOOL!!!!
I am a big baby

Moosejay

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »
STFU, I guess you would have liked him to thank you! He is a great Olympian have some respect TOOL!!!!

Ummm

errrr

No.

You give no respect, yet you ask for it?

No.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 12:51:54 PM »
Black athletes are very often arrogant. Look at the top NFL receivers, they disgrace the game.
E

Crossbow

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
BEIJING -- IOC president Jacques Rogge criticized Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on Thursday for showing a lack of respect to other competitors after his record-breaking gold-medal performances in the 100 and 200 meters.

"That's not the way we perceive being a champion," Rogge said.

Usain Bolt's look-at-me flaunting after winning the 100, and later 200, was criticized by the IOC.

The International Olympic Committee chief hailed Bolt's stunning achievements in the two sprints, comparing him to American great Jesse Owens, but said Bolt should have cut out the look-at-me flaunting and acknowledged the other athletes.

"I have no problem with him doing a show," Rogge said in an interview with three international news agency reporters. "I think he should show more respect for his competitors and shake hands, give a tap on the shoulder to the other ones immediately after the finish and not make gestures like the one he made in the 100 meters."

Having built a huge lead in Saturday's 100 final, Bolt slowed, glanced around with arms outstretched and pounded his chest before crossing the finish line in a world record time of 9.69 seconds.

"I understand the joy," Rogge said. "He might have interpreted that in another way, but the way it was perceived was 'catch me if you can.' You don't do that. But he'll learn. He's still a young man."

Bolt, who turned 22 on Thursday, stormed to another one-sided victory Wednesday night in the 200, breaking Michael Johnson's 12-year-old record of 19.32 seconds and lowering the mark to 19.30.

Bolt made little effort to congratulate the other runners as he wrapped himself in a Jamaican flag and set off on a solo victory lap. Swaying to the reggae music on the stadium loudspeakers, he walked barefoot around the track, putting his face inches from a TV camera, raising an index finger and yelling, "I am No. 1! I am No. 1!"

"He still has to mature," Rogge said. "I would love him to show more respect for his competitors. That's not the way we perceive being a champion. But he will learn in time. He should shake hands with his competitors and not ignore them. He'll learn that sooner or later. But [he's] a great athlete, of course."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/trackandfield/news/story?id=3545687

And why should we take Mr bureaucrat Rogge seriously ?
He lied all the way about freedom of press during the Olympics in China, and got Baseball and Softball removed from as sports from future Olympics. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »
i wonder how many Escalades hes going to buy

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »
He's a great athlete, but a shitty person who probably isn't too bright.

Moosejay

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »
Black athletes are very often arrogant. Look at the top NFL receivers, they disgrace the game.

I like how receivers do the dance in the end zone following a TD....as tho they have done something 'extra'