Author Topic: McCain announces his VP selection!  (Read 22807 times)

Cardfan

• Getbig III
Re: McCain announces his VP selection!
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
No.  Hillary is the ONLY woman they want to see in the Whitehouse.  Their Hillary love is a whole lot stronger than to abandon her.  Afterall, they still have plans in 2012.
Moron! Die hard Hillary voters want McCain to win so they can challenge in 2012. Where is your supposed intellect?

affy

« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
Moron! Die hard Hillary voters want McCain to win so they can challenge in 2012. Where is your supposed intellect?

exactly..if obama wins...he'll be running again in 2012

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2008, 04:49:10 PM »
trying to protect a woman's right to choose.

the next president will most likely nominate three people to the Supreme Court.  the three vacancies are most likely to come from the left of center.    If McCain wins, the court will skew right and Roe v Wade will be overturned.  

but the radical right are not just content with overturning Roe.  They also want to overturn Griswold.   This would allow some states to outlaw contraception again.   It would allow states to criminalize homosexuality again.
then there is the whole habeas corpus issue.    the current administration has eroded our civil liberties all in the name of national security.   a balanced Supreme Court is our best chance of getting some of those back.

Over thecourse of 8 years it is possible that 3 new SC justices will be named-but nto over the next 4 years.

Griswold will not be overturned. The doctrine of Stare Decisis prevents major cases from being overturned and Roberts said repeatedly during confirmation hearings that he would not violate that doctrine.

As for outlawing "homsexuality", I don't think homosexuality itself has ever been outlawed, althought homosexual acts were many years ago. That is certainly not the case today nor would it ever revert back to that-see Lawrence v Texas- the overturning Hardwick v Bowers.

In addition, it is becoming fairly clear that gay rights are falling under the umbrella of "fundamental rights", preventing court interpretations banning them.

Moosejay

« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
It will be forced on him...  the reporters will ask him that, and he'll either tell the truth and have women hating him, or lie and look like an idiot.

It will not end well for him.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »
McCain really made a poor choice. I'm afraid the next four years may be worse than the last eight.
You only make minimum wage at your G4P gigs anyway-so it wont matter who is elected for you!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
irresponsible and disastrous VP pick for McCain
!

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »
they want the Hillary dems.  Might be a smart move

This will not get the Hillary dems.....from the little they have found about her, She is totally against Pro choice....even if he women gets pregnant through Rape.....or if the birth may hinders the women health.......WTF...she is off the chain with that.....the Hillary DEMS wont go for that.....poor dumb Mccain. He really should hav went with Romney.....and when its time for th VP debate Joe will eat her up...he knows washington she not even lnked to to the lower 48 states as far as geography goes. win win for obama

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »
I can see it now...

McCain get's elected and dies; Palin takes over and becomes overwhelmed;

military steps in and seizes control of the government.

It's been planned this way.

This is clearly a move to steal Obama's thunder along with the Clinton vote;

however, it won't work.

There will be a huge backlash against it; anyone that supported Hillary will see through this charade.

McCain shooting himself in the foot again.
☠ Order of Nephilim

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »
I can see it now...

McCain get's elected and dies; Palin takes over and becomes overwhelmed;

military steps in and seizes control of the government.

It's been planned this way.

This is clearly a move to steal Obama's thunder along with the Clinton vote;

however, it won't work.

There will be a huge backlash against it; anyone that supported Hillary will see through this charade.

McCain shooting himself in the foot again.

No offense, but I think you need to get out more.  This paranoid delusion crap isn't doing you any good.  No wonder you can't hold a steady job.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2008, 03:13:20 AM »
http://cbs2.com/local/Palin.McCain.Schwarzenegger.2.806454.html
Schwarzenegger Endorses Palin
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said "I know Governor Palin from the national governors' conference, and she's a very effective leader and she's a reformer and I like her very much because she has the strength to go and push back,"
"She had the strength to fix the budget problem that they had, to reform the system and also to push back really hard on that 'Bridge to Nowhere,"' Schwarzenegger said. "And I think she's cleaning up the mess up there, and I think she has tremendous courage."

wile e roadrunner

• Getbig II
  • Truth Detector
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2008, 03:32:01 AM »
This decision reeks of dementia or utter stupidity. But is in the noble tradition of beauty pageant runners-up becoming successfully national political leaders.

Can't wait for the nude photos, tho.

Also, check out the rumors about Palin and the 5th child. Apparently 16 year old daughter was MIA in school for months before the birth.

If the US is attacked by snowmobiling terrorists, we are SAFE NOW!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2008, 05:40:48 AM »
What did John Adams, the first Vice Prescient and second President of the US, think about the job of the Vice President? 

It has got to be "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of a man contrived or his imagination conceived"

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2008, 06:03:32 AM »
What did John Adams, the first Vice Prescient and second President of the US, think about the job of the Vice President? 

It has got to be "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of a man contrived or his imagination conceived"

With Dick Cheney setting our foreign policy for the last eight years, that quote by Adams is clearly no longer true.
!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »
With Dick Cheney setting our foreign policy for the last eight years, that quote by Adams is clearly no longer true.

John Adams was no Dick. 

Palin is no Dick.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »
This decision reeks of dementia or utter stupidity. But is in the noble tradition of beauty pageant runners-up becoming successfully national political leaders.

Can't wait for the nude photos, tho.

Also, check out the rumors about Palin and the 5th child. Apparently 16 year old daughter was MIA in school for months before the birth.

If the US is attacked by snowmobiling terrorists, we are SAFE NOW!!!

This reeks of Desperate Housewives... Nice to know she's now a grandmilf!

;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2008, 09:57:31 AM »
John Adams was no Dick. 

Palin is no Dick.
Yes, but Palin's five kids is testament to the fact that she likes Dick very much.  :D
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #191 on: March 02, 2016, 07:26:36 AM »
Choosing a woman was smart, but Christine Todd Whitman (former NJ Gov.) would have been a better choice.  She is much more qualified and could have insulated McCain from being associated with Bush since they fired her as head of the EPA.

Christie Todd Whitman: I'll Vote For Hillary Clinton Over Trump

James

« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2016, 07:34:19 AM »
Sarah Palin's endorsements of Trump didn't work out too well in her home state.  Cruz won Alaska last night

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »
No I do not.  Hillary is and was not in it because of her hubris.  She is who she is because of what she stands for.  Hillary was not running just so she could be the first woman in office, she was running on the basis of her policies.  She certainly is not a vain person.

When did you change your mind on her?   ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2016, 09:43:18 AM »
I don't think she is a vain person still.  Power Hungry, yes.  Corrupt, yes.  Does she think her policies are what America needs, yes.   She does not give a shit about being a woman, but you better be damn sure she will use it to her advantage in her pursuit of power. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »
Scroll up and look what I also posted back then.   ;)

they want the Hillary dems.  Might be a smart move

She is FAR from being democratic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2016, 09:52:28 AM »
Scroll up and look what I also posted back then.   ;)

The Donald is giving this bitch cover w his antics - now the question is why

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
The Donald is giving this bitch cover w his antics - now the question is why
No he isn't.  He is just calling her out and the media can't take it.  They are "outraged". 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2016, 11:08:31 AM »

When she kicked that cuck Bernie's ass and ended his little pipe dream of winning the nomination.