Author Topic: Trig: Bristol's baby or the 2008 version of McCain's black baby?  (Read 4466 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Trig: Bristol's baby or the 2008 version of McCain's black baby?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »
Well I would due to her preaching all how she made the decision to have a downs baby, acting all sanctimonious

Also, as a mother it is not something I condone. My stepdaughter is about that age, and is she turned up pregnant I would support her to the ends of the earth BUT expect her to take large responsibility and be a loving mother. Not a good lesson to teach a daughter, "dump the baby and lie dear."

In 2008, the only reason to do that is to protect your own rep, no one burns Scarlett letters on unwed moms foreheads anymore in the "land of the free". If this is true, she it to save face. If not true, cruel for the teenager.
points taken.  for me personally, it's not something that would freak me out, but I understand your points.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
Well I would due to her preaching all how she made the decision to have a downs baby, acting all sanctimonious

Also, as a mother it is not something I condone. My stepdaughter is about that age, and is she turned up pregnant I would support her to the ends of the earth BUT expect her to take large responsibility and be a loving mother. Not a good lesson to teach a daughter, "dump the baby and lie dear."

In 2008, the only reason to do that is to protect your own rep, no one burns Scarlett letters on unwed moms foreheads anymore in the "land of the free". If this is true, she it to save face. If not true, cruel for the teenager.

This kind of speculation is both sad and unfortunate in many ways.
It's an entire can of worms I'd rather not see opened up for the sake of Bristol,
...however, at the same time, it speaks to the integrity of someone aspiring to be the VP of the United States.

I hope it's not the case, ...but either way, we'll see a 16 yr old CHILD painfully thrust into a spotlight not of her own making.  :'(
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »

I hope it's not the case, ...but either way, we'll see a 16 yr old CHILD painfully thrust into a spotlight not of her own making.  :'(
also a good point.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 05:44:33 PM »
I doubt it's going to be a big deal. It's just some people fucking around on the internet.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
Unless Rove is behind it.  Smacks of him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »
It's their family's business - this has to be the most horrible day ever for that poor girl.  Seriously - this would be with her forever, if true.

It's not uncommon for grandparents to take credit for things like this.  Would it have short-circuited her VP chance with right-wing repubs to have a 15-year old pregnant?  You bet it would have.  She did the right thing taking the blame.  I seriously admire her for it.

HOWEVER -

She was selfish to accept VP nod.  Knowing it would come out - and only a fool would believe the lie would stand up to the media - she put her kid in this tough spot.  She could have declined mccain on personal matters, and left it at that.  Good life as a Alaskan VP, everyone loves her, job security forever, etc.

instead, she let ambition get in the way of doing the right thing.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
Unless Rove is behind it.  Smacks of him.
It appears to have started before so I doubt Rove is that much of a visionary.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »
I read the National Enquirer is picking it up.  Now that the righties have faith in that rag... lol..

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 05:55:26 PM »
this has to be the most horrible day ever for that poor girl.  Seriously - this would be with her forever, if true.

Even if not true, it will stick forever, which is way worse. If it is true, well then hey she did it. If it's not true, having that cloud over you forever is not cool at all :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
I think saying that the rumor is going to scar her for life might be a little much.  If that's the case tabloids should be illegal.  On the level it is now, it's internet gossip and tabloid material.  It's not like they're saying the father is her father or something.  It's bad but not scarred for life bad lol.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 06:06:17 PM »
I think saying that the rumor is going to scar her for life might be a little much. 

Hmm, see I think it will have an effect. Look at the Obama Muslim thing, ppl still believe that.

She a teen, when she goes to school people will be whispering, press is there asking her schoolmates about it. Being a teen and some ppl thinking you had a baby and lied is not cool. Years later people still saying it. And well not PC to say, but a down syndrome baby would make it more teasable for teens.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »
Hmm, see I think it will have an effect. Look at the Obama Muslim thing, ppl still believe that.

She a teen, when she goes to school people will be whispering, press is there asking her schoolmates about it. Being a teen and some ppl thinking you had a baby and lied is not cool. Years later people still saying it. And well not PC to say, but a down syndrome baby would make it more teasable for teens.
I doubt there's going to be a lot of teasing, I'm quite sure as a popular gov's daughter, she has plenty of advocates.  With the number of teens who get pregnant, I doubt this is really a scarred for life thing.  Maybe I'm wrong and If I am, I'm sorry.  I think she'll get past this fine, especially if she's being raised good and there is no indications otherwise.  But I hope this doesn't destroy her life, that would be bad.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
I doubt there's going to be a lot of teasing, I'm quite sure as a popular gov's daughter, she has plenty of advocates.  With the number of teens who get pregnant, I doubt this is really a scarred for life thing.  Maybe I'm wrong and If I am, I'm sorry.  I think she'll get past this fine, especially if she's being raised good and there is no indications otherwise.  But I hope this doesn't destroy her life, that would be bad.

Oh, I don't think it will come near to destroying her - but ppl will whisper which just isn't cool, especially at that age.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 06:44:01 PM »
Oh, I don't think it will come near to destroying her - but ppl will whisper which just isn't cool, especially at that age.
I agree, it's not cool...

I'm posting a question on this because this whole aspect of what's being questioned here is well, questionable.  Not the fault of Calmus, this is more my doing here than anything.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=231629.0

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
I agree, it's not cool...

I'm posting a question on this because this whole aspect of what's being questioned here is well, questionable.  Not the fault of Calmus, this is more my doing here than anything.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=231629.0

You did nothing wrong at all, in fact not to be gay, was dead nice to post that thread.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »
You did nothing wrong at all, in fact not to be gay, was dead nice to post that thread.