Author Topic: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source  (Read 132250 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
Bump.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »
wavelength-yes other people hav tried the TA principles, see this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=154295.0

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
wavelength-yes other people hav tried the TA principles, see this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=154295.0
Wrong. MattC and I are enemies.  I never helped him, nor did he adhere or follow anything.  Notice that the liar is banned for good from this site.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
I also have a few other little tricks I shall post about.  Common sense things really, but little tricks to go deeper into a deficit without sacrificing hunger or muscle for that matter.

Haha, thanks Adonis for bumping the thread! :)

What about the little tricks you mentioned?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »
wave you seem to be one of those few........

pre/post nutrition doesn't work

heavy weights dont work

cardio doesn't work

i see a trend .....
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
wave you seem to be one of those few........

pre/post nutrition doesn't work

heavy weights dont work

cardio doesn't work

i see a trend .....

I never said heavy weights don't work.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2008, 02:43:13 PM »
I never said heavy weights don't work.
1 down 2 to go  ;D

i knew i'd break you. ;)
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »
1 down 2 to go  ;D

i knew i'd break you. ;)

I also never said cardio doesn't work. It burns calories. Same effect as eating less.
However, eating less actually beats cardio in my experience.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
Without going into how you substantiate your position on your dieting principles, consider this.

A diet is only effective if you can use it consistently.

How many bodybuilders can follow these principles consistently enough to reach their goals? How many could follow Adonis principles consistently enough to reach goals?

I submit that although your principles might yield a "per day" result superior to an Adonis type diet, your diet is unwieldy and requires a commitment that leads to failure. Most cannot follow this plan for months on end, thus, they end up cheating. Then, they feel a sense of failure, further demolishing their ego.

The adonis diet accounts for this factor.

I liken it to the "hare vs tortoise" fable. Your diet would be the hare. Adonis, the tortoise. Yes, yours runs faster, but it burns people out. Adonis runs slower, but his allows folks to be consistent.

The ideal diet then becomes the one that best caters to your willpower. If you can admit your own weaknesses and come to terms with them, you can be more successful. Blindly hitting your head against the wall trying to follow a rigid bodybuilding diet can lead to a repeated spiral of failure.

I for one, like succeeding. And if it means I have to take my time, then so be it. I'm also a patient man.

PS: I think you over-estimate thermic effects of protein. Yes, there's that one study we all love to cite. But on a long-term high protein diet, the body up-regulates digestive ability with respect to protein, thus eventually negating much of the thermic effect. If it were otherwise, man would not have evolved as a meat-eater -- meat-eating man would have died eons ago due to malnutrition brought on by thermic-wasting effects.
You are correct and here is why.

The Thermic effect of Protein is about 10-30 percent depending on what kind of meat or protein.
Ok so lets take 20 percent of that as an average.

So that means 20 percent of the calories in the Protein you eat is going to be burned in digestion.  So lets say you eat, 160 grams of protein which is 640 calories. Now lets take 20 percent away from the 640 which is 128 calories.

So the TEF benefit you get will be 128 calories.  Not much at all.

Did you know that reading a book or typing on this Getbig forum will cause you to burn more than 128 calories!

As you can see, the TEF is pointless to even bother with.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2008, 03:06:03 PM »
You are correct and here is why.

The Thermic effect of Protein is about 10-30 percent depending on what kind of meat or protein.
Ok so lets take 20 percent of that as an average.

So that means 20 percent of the calories in the Protein you eat is going to be burned in digestion.  So lets say you eat, 160 grams of protein which is 640 calories. Now lets take 20 percent away from the 640 which is 128 calories.

So the TEF benefit you get will be 128 calories.  Not much at all.

Did you know that reading a book or typing on this Getbig forum will cause you to burn more than 128 calories!

As you can see, the TEF is pointless to even bother with.
With this said,
This is one way to delve a bit deeper into a calorie deficit albeit slightly.

Drinking cold sodas or Ice Water can also delve you into a little deeper deficit.

Consider this:
Let's figure out exactly what you're burning when you drink a 16-ounce (0.5 liter) glass of ice water:

* The temperature of ice water can be estimated at zero degrees Celsius.
    * Body temperature can be estimated at 37 degrees Celsius.
    * It takes 1 calorie to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius.
    * There are 473.18 grams in 16 fluid ounces of water.

Let's say you adhere to the "eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day" nutritional recommendation. In 64 ounces of water, there are 1,892.72 grams. So to warm up all that water in the course of a day, your body burns about 70 Calories. And over time, that 70 Calories a day adds up. So, while you definitely shouldn't depend on ice water consumption to replace exercise or a healthy diet, drinking cold water instead of warm water does, in fact, burn some extra Calories!

So each gallon of iced water or soda you drink that is chilled, you burn about 140 calories.  Drink 2 gallons and it will be 280 calories.  That is equivalent to a quite vigorous hour long cardio session.

Drink away your Cardio!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
I think Adonis does this just for the controversy.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »
Haha, thanks Adonis for bumping the thread! :)

What about the little tricks you mentioned?
I posted 2 above ^

I have Many Many More and I will post them!

Pretty neat things eh?  Especially if you employ them all. You can really get ripped.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »
I don`t.  Hope this helps.  You can choose to remain ignorant if you like.  Does not bother me one bit.  Its the same thing religious people do.  Blind to the facts and science.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2008, 03:09:50 PM »
I think Adonis does this to help idiots who don't know how to do it right  ::)
as so many people on getbig are OBESE and in DENIAL
they have "muscle under fat" ...ya ok  ::)
I don't know why he bothers, I wouldn't waste my time arguing over FACTS with a bunch of retards here on getbig
maybe he enjoys a challenge and educating idiots  :)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
With this said,
This is one way to delve a bit deeper into a calorie deficit albeit slightly.

Drinking cold sodas or Ice Water can also delve you into a little deeper deficit.

Consider this:
Let's figure out exactly what you're burning when you drink a 16-ounce (0.5 liter) glass of ice water:

* The temperature of ice water can be estimated at zero degrees Celsius.
    * Body temperature can be estimated at 37 degrees Celsius.
    * It takes 1 calorie to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius.
    * There are 473.18 grams in 16 fluid ounces of water.

Let's say you adhere to the "eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day" nutritional recommendation. In 64 ounces of water, there are 1,892.72 grams. So to warm up all that water in the course of a day, your body burns about 70 Calories. And over time, that 70 Calories a day adds up. So, while you definitely shouldn't depend on ice water consumption to replace exercise or a healthy diet, drinking cold water instead of warm water does, in fact, burn some extra Calories!

So each gallon of iced water or soda you drink that is chilled, you burn about 140 calories.  Drink 2 gallons and it will be 280 calories.  That is equivalent to a quite vigorous hour long cardio session.

Drink away your Cardio!!!!

i'm sure i have a study that backs this one up.
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »

I couldn't care less. I just do what works for me.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »
I couldn't care less. I just do what works for me.

Eating clean works much better for me.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
I posted 2 above ^

I have Many Many More and I will post them!

Pretty neat things eh?  Especially if you employ them all. You can really get ripped.

Thanks!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
No such thing as "eating clean".

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »

Eating "clean" (whatever that means) fits all 5 principles (as long as protein intake and basic nutritional needs are met), so you are in fact a follower. ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
No such thing as "eating clean".

adonis you mentioned in another thread a while back that you also used your workouts to regulate the diet /fat loss - regular as clock work you said.

can you eleborate on this? do you do a set number or reps/sets/weight and stick with it throughout? or what?
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »
adonis you mentioned in another thread a while back that you also used your workouts to regulate the diet /fat loss - regular as clock work you said.

can you eleborate on this? do you do a set number or reps/sets/weight and stick with it throughout? or what?
You will have to pull that thread up as I don`t recall it.  I don`t have a set schedule as far as attending the gym goes.  I usually make it there 2 or 3 days a week.  Sometimes it is 1 day a week when I am busy or just a bit lazy although this is very rare, sometimes 4.  I do my body in this order each on a different day: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Bis and Tris, Legs

I don`t have a set number of sets but its usually around 10-16 or so.  I just gauge it by whenever time runs out (I go to the gym about 9 Pm and it closes at 9:45 Pm, so whatever I can do in 45 minutes) or reps but I usually do 3 or 4 sets per exercise.  I start with a weight I can get about 10 reps with. Then 6 reps. Then 4-2 reps. The final set I then do a drop set until failure or I pick a light weight and try for 20-50 reps or until I give out.

That is the extent of it.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »
Ideally, I would like to train 4-5 days a week though.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »
You will have to pull that thread up as I don`t recall it.  I don`t have a set schedule as far as attending the gym goes.  I usually make it there 2 or 3 days a week.  Sometimes it is 1 day a week when I am busy or just a bit lazy although this is very rare, sometimes 4.  I do my body in this order each on a different day: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Bis and Tris, Legs

I don`t have a set number of sets or reps but I usually do 3 or 4 sets.  I start with a weight I can get about 10 reps with. Then 6 reps. Then 4-2 reps. The final set I then do a drop set until failure or I pick a light weight and try for 20-50 reps or until I give out.

That is the extent of it.  :-\
i was thinking you were talking about the total load moved for the workout. and maintaining it would help guarentee as much muscle as possible. i.e. if you normally do 10 reps for 4 sets, then after a month or 2 of dieting you can only manage 3 sets of 10 and 1 set of 6, justy add another set of 4 - total work is the same - hence another variable taken care of.

something i have been toying/thinking about.

175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
Ideally, I would like to train 4-5 days a week though.

wouldn't we all.  8)
175lbs by 31st July