Author Topic: WWIII on our doorsteps?  (Read 5930 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: WWIII on our doorsteps?
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 08:47:46 AM »
Most of the people who are losing their homes today bought with an ARM, thinking they were going to flip the house for big money when it came time for the payments to go up. Now they are stuck.

Hell, I know several people who bought on 'interest-only' loans.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »
Yeah..again those work if u move alot. Or u flip houses. Like u mentioned, way to many people got into flipping. People still think their houses are worth much more then they are.
L

Alex23

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 09:16:17 AM »
we have 800+ known bases worldwide.

I think we're in okay shape.

the next biggest country with bases is China: 80 bases.

Barbarians at the Gates.

History allways repeats itself. The roman empire was spread across all europe, middle east and even asian. Yet a bunch of half drunk barbarians from the north with laughable technologies destroyed Rome.

In the late 1800's Germans were only known to be performing clowns and comedians. Things slightly changed after 1914.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »
Germany invaded France in 1870 and occupied paris, I think they were more then clowns. Rome had almost no standing army with very little experience. We have a moderately sized force with more experience then most armies and 3 times the tech advantage. The Chinese, while a massive force have serious drawbacks when it comes to leadership and experience. They have some advanced tech but its not intergrated like ours is....Look at the Russian/Georgian conflict....huge problems for Russia even as they smoked the Georgians.
L

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 06:51:57 PM »
Not to mention all the gloom and doom bullshit. I'm sorry i don't see bread lines anywhere...
They are no longer called bread lines.

They are now soup kitchens and free school breakfasts and lunches for some school aged children.
Sandra

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »
I did a couple training exercises with the Russians in Poland a couple years ago. They are not very impressive, their officers are insane and the soldiers are all consripts who in general don't want to be there. We actually had to leave extra guards by our equipment because the Russians kept coming over to steal it. I think some of you guys have watched  "Red Dawn" to many times. This is the same military that has half their fleet rusting in port, selling submarines on the black market and most likely pilots flying while intoxicated.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »
Thanks.......pretty much sums it up. They had to carefully preposition the forces used in the "surprise" Georgian invasion of S.Ossetia. It took them days to take out targets that would take us a single sortie or drone flyby.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2008, 10:43:09 AM »
Thanks.......pretty much sums it up. They had to carefully preposition the forces used in the "surprise" Georgian invasion of S.Ossetia. It took them days to take out targets that would take us a single sortie or drone flyby.

Haha.  Then why doesn't the U.S. actually do something about Russia and Iran?  We don't do shit.  We haven't fought a real enemy since WWII.  With all our expensive ass bombs and billion dollar planes we can't even find a terrorist hiding in a cave.  The most sophisticated homeland defense system in the world and we couldn't stop a couple of commercial planes from flying into a building.  We lost the Korean War, we lost the Vietnam war, we are losing the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Oh boo hoo your hands are tied because of the politicians and lawyers right?  Bullshit!  America fights its wars through other countries and proxy governments.  We've turned into big old pussies and have let countries like China tell us when to jump and how high while we parade around the world puffing up our chest not doing shit.  The War on Terror?  Haha what a joke!  We haven't attacked Iran yet because we all know it would create a shit storm for us.  Instead of bombing the shit out of North Korea we keep swallowing their bullshit lies and deceit.  Our country can't even police its own fucking borders or atleast it doesn't give a fuck about protecting its own citizens right here on our own soil.  We leave our border security up to the Mexican Army.   Americans are sick of wars and their government lying to them. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »
I did a couple training exercises with the Russians in Poland a couple years ago. They are not very impressive, their officers are insane and the soldiers are all consripts who in general don't want to be there. We actually had to leave extra guards by our equipment because the Russians kept coming over to steal it. I think some of you guys have watched  "Red Dawn" to many times. This is the same military that has half their fleet rusting in port, selling submarines on the black market and most likely pilots flying while intoxicated.

And what do you think is happening to the U.S. military numbnuts?  They are recruiting Mexicans promising them citizenship, they have been excusing felons for years and letting hardened criminals into the military, high school dropouts etc.  Plus a huge role of military reliance in Iraq consists of paid mercenaries i.e. Blackwater, yet you are talking about Russia's army as a bunch of conscripts?  LOL Ironic! 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »
Muscle your absolutely right. The below post is totally consistent with your prior ones advocating we cut or defense budget, stop engaing in foreign conflicts and effectively move all of our foreign military bases and personel home-  We haven't attacked Iran yet because we all know it would create a shit storm for us.  Instead of bombing the shit out of North Korea we keep swallowing their bullshit lies and deceit

Please keep us updated for further brilliant decrees on miltary spending and foreign policy.

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »
My Guard unit was from Chicago so we had immigrants in my unit not illegal like your trying to imply. We had some polish, mexican and asian guys they all volunteered. Never met a "hardened criminal in the military". Just because you sign up doesn't mean your automatically in the Army. You have to go to basic training and that takes a certain amount of heart and dedication. So if a guy got caught smoking week when he was 17 or has a DUI I don't see why he can't serve in the US military.

Unfortunatly guys like you who have never served really have no idea what your talking about. For the record we would mop the floor with the russian army.

Its funny after 911 how much everyone supported the military when all you pillow biters where wetting your pants wondering if the world was going to end.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
My Guard unit was from Chicago so we had immigrants in my unit not illegal like your trying to imply. We had some polish, mexican and asian guys they all volunteered. Never met a "hardened criminal in the military". Just because you sign up doesn't mean your automatically in the Army. You have to go to basic training and that takes a certain amount of heart and dedication. So if a guy got caught smoking week when he was 17 or has a DUI I don't see why he can't serve in the US military.

Unfortunatly guys like you who have never served really have no idea what your talking about. For the record we would mop the floor with the russian army.

Its funny after 911 how much everyone supported the military when all you pillow biters where wetting your pants wondering if the world was going to end.

Hahahaha!!!

Thats awesome, so true... so true.

Now people like MM think they are in-the-know about things.

Classic.

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »
It amazes me how much people think they know about something just because they "googled it".

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 07:23:34 AM »

Thanks Mac for ur service and responding to dipshit. I will attmept to pick up where u left off.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 07:27:44 AM »
Haha.  Then why doesn't the U.S. actually do something about Russia and Iran?  We don't do shit.  We haven't fought a real enemy since WWII.  With all our expensive ass bombs and billion dollar planes we can't even find a terrorist hiding in a cave.  The most sophisticated homeland defense system in the world and we couldn't stop a couple of commercial planes from flying into a building.  We lost the Korean War, we lost the Vietnam war, we are losing the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Oh boo hoo your hands are tied because of the politicians and lawyers right?  Bullshit!  America fights its wars through other countries and proxy governments.  We've turned into big old pussies and have let countries like China tell us when to jump and how high while we parade around the world puffing up our chest not doing shit.  The War on Terror?  Haha what a joke!  We haven't attacked Iran yet because we all know it would create a shit storm for us.  Instead of bombing the shit out of North Korea we keep swallowing their bullshit lies and deceit.  Our country can't even police its own fucking borders or atleast it doesn't give a fuck about protecting its own citizens right here on our own soil.  We leave our border security up to the Mexican Army.   Americans are sick of wars and their government lying to them. 

I don't know, We crushed the 4th largest army in 100 hours back in 1991, equiped with ur vaunted Soviet military equipment and doctrine. We crushed em again in 2003 and unlike u, i was there. It looked pretty real to me. It looked real when my platoons engaged the few T-72 tanks that came out to fight and my boys smoked em.

Ever been to Afghanistan dipshit................. ...................ok another place I've been to that u have not. Since u never will, please google earth the Hindu Kush and tell me how to cover that place entirely to find 1 asshole in a cave. Seriously u have no basis to talk.
L

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 07:52:20 AM »
In only six days, outnumbered, without international help and against all odds, Israel crushed the Russian backed and equipped Arab nations in 1967.  ;D

By the way, Russia admitted to have instigated the Six Day War in 1967 through lies and deception.  They thought the Arabs would quickly and easily defeat Israel and thus send a message to the world that victory was for those who embraced the former Soviet Union.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 07:57:49 AM »
Exactly...what these guys don't get is that when u buy Russian crap, u generally have to use Russin doctrine to employ it correctly. I use the term correctly, loosely because ever time, as u justed pointed out, they do fight, they get crushed. The arabs got crushed by Israel several times, Iraq was crushed twice. Russia was crushed in Afghanistan and did poorly in Chechny until they decided to fight a total war, unhindered by morals, ethics or the media. A fact that is completely lost on the Western Press, because we're the bad guys.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 03:26:40 PM »
Exactly...what these guys don't get is that when u buy Russian crap, u generally have to use Russin doctrine to employ it correctly. I use the term correctly, loosely because ever time, as u justed pointed out, they do fight, they get crushed. The arabs got crushed by Israel several times, Iraq was crushed twice. Russia was crushed in Afghanistan and did poorly in Chechny until they decided to fight a total war, unhindered by morals, ethics or the media. A fact that is completely lost on the Western Press, because we're the bad guys.

The only reason Russia was "crushed" in Afghanistan was because the U.S. got involved and started fighting a proxy war through Afghanis. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 04:51:32 PM »
The only reason Russia was "crushed" in Afghanistan was because the U.S. got involved and started fighting a proxy war through Afghanis. 

So your saying that even the US's bitches can outfight the mighty russian bear?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »

You mean we gave them stingers?

So what?  The whole thing collapsed their economy which lead to what we have now.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »
It amazes me how much people think they know about something just because they "googled it".
agreed
DAWG

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
I'm so scared...live on your feet or die on your knees! 

Perhaps if we just give these nice communists what they want they will just leave us alone.  HAHAHA!  Suckers, man up!

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »
Thanks Mac for ur service and responding to dipshit. I will attmept to pick up where u left off.

No, thanks you.... I did serve and I may join again in a reserve officer role. I have alot of probelms with the current "conflicts" but to bad mouth the US and the military is uncalled for.

It just amazes me what these arm chair "internet" generals think what really is going on... let me make a couple things clear.

We can't just pull out of Iraq over night or in six months or even a year.... logistically it's impossible.

The surge did work and is working, casualties have gone considerably down.

Were not losing the war in Afghanistan, we just don't have enough troops there, when we do we will kick there ass as well.

These Wars did make America safer... no attacks since 911.

Alot of people may feel that the Iraq war war unneccessay but after 911 we had to show the world we mean business because after Somalia, US cole and the Embassy bombings the terrorists thought they could due what ever they wished.

You hear alot of shit talk on Getbig between people from diffrent countries, What separates America is that we don't take shit from nobody and we will stand up and prove it.... PROOF!  volunteer Military.

DISCLAIMER: the above author did not use google or any other source to form his argument.

I'm drunk going to bed

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »
No, thanks you.... I did serve and I may join again in a reserve officer role. I have alot of probelms with the current "conflicts" but to bad mouth the US and the military is uncalled for.

It just amazes me what these arm chair "internet" generals think what really is going on... let me make a couple things clear.

We can't just pull out of Iraq over night or in six months or even a year.... logistically it's impossible.

The surge did work and is working, casualties have gone considerably down.

Were not losing the war in Afghanistan, we just don't have enough troops there, when we do we will kick there ass as well.

These Wars did make America safer... no attacks since 911.

Alot of people may feel that the Iraq war war unneccessay but after 911 we had to show the world we mean business because after Somalia, US cole and the Embassy bombings the terrorists thought they could due what ever they wished.

You hear alot of shit talk on Getbig between people from diffrent countries, What separates America is that we don't take shit from nobody and we will stand up and prove it.... PROOF!  volunteer Military.

DISCLAIMER: the above author did not use google or any other source to form his argument.

I'm drunk going to bed

Hahah yeah no attacks since 9/11 cause the entire thing was a scam. 
The only reason the "surge" is working is because we started throwing a shitload of more money at the insurgents and Al-Sadr.  As soon as we start pulling troops out or if we attack Iran things will get much worse in Iraq. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2008, 07:47:11 AM »
Isn't Al Sadr dead?