Author Topic: WWIII on our doorsteps?  (Read 5971 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
WWIII on our doorsteps?
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:01 AM »
I've been following the Georgian-Russian conflict pretty closely.  Major wars have broken out over a lot less.  Seems like things are just a powder keg over there. 

&feature=email

I don't give Noori's Coast to Coast AM much credence but it was interesting.  Putin will not back down.  And they will not simply sit back and let us attack Iran without any repercussions.  Same thing with China. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: WWIII on our doorsteps?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »
McCain/Palin will ensure things only escalate.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
McCain/Palin will ensure things only escalate.
obama will cut our military back to ensure that when shit does hit the fan we wont be able to do shit about it.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »
Yes, we should immediately withdraw all aid and support for Georgia, endorse Russia's position and give them military support, that will calm things down and improve the worlds opinion of America.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »
obama will cut our military back to ensure that when shit does hit the fan we wont be able to do shit about it.

I doubt that.  Our entire economy right now is being propped up by the MI complex.  Its not going anywhere anytime soon unless the democrats want to see rioting in the streets.  America spends more on defense than the next 9 countries combined.  That will never change unfortunately. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »
we have 800+ known bases worldwide.

I think we're in okay shape.

the next biggest country with bases is China: 80 bases.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
we have 800+ known bases worldwide.

I think we're in okay shape.

the next biggest country with bases is China: 80 bases.
has nothing to do with R&D
I doubt that.  Our entire economy right now is being propped up by the MI complex.  Its not going anywhere anytime soon unless the democrats want to see rioting in the streets.  America spends more on defense than the next 9 countries combined.  That will never change unfortunately. 
How is that a bad thing?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »
Because, we should give all of our national defense budget to less fortunate countries and to conduct aids research.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:59:58 AM »
has nothing to do with R&DHow is that a bad thing?

How is that a bad thing?  Our country is bankrupt.  We will have to be in a constant state of war for our country to survive.  Is that what you want for your kids?  Your grandkids?  A country  who's sole existence is propped up by a military industrial complex and empire building?  We have plenty of domestic and social problems in America, let alone energy problems that defense spending could be better used for.  Why don't we bring all of our troops and ships and what not home put them in the Gulf, Pacific, and Atlantic and let any country including Russia  try to do shit to us.  Arm our shores, put up the most sophisticated missile defense system the world has ever seen etc.  I have no problem with a strong military and protecting America.  I have a huge problem with empire building and world hegemony.  

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »
Because, we should give all of our national defense budget to less fortunate countries and to conduct aids research.

No we should strive to reduce the costs of higher education, keep jobs at home, rebuild our public infrastructure, invest in homegrown energy sources etc.  Education is the key to a strong country.  I have a coworker that is Russian and she has two kids.  One is living in Russia right now and the other here.  Both in third grade.  Her daughter in the U.S. is learning how to multiply, subract, divide, etc.  Her Russian counterpart is learning how to do algebra.  This is in Russia.  What do you think third graders in China and Japan and India are learning?  College is becoming out of reach for most Americans.  What does that say about our country?  All the other bullshit aside..........if we can't affordably educate the masses there is no hope for any country no matter how fucking strong our military is.  But that's exactly how the elite want us, dumbed down and gobbling up People magazine and American idol and Apple Iphones. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »
How is that a bad thing?  Our country is bankrupt.  We will have to be in a constant state of war for our country to survive.  Is that what you want for your kids?  Your grandkids?  A country  who's sole existence is propped up by a military industrial complex and empire building?  We have plenty of domestic and social problems in America, let alone energy problems that defense spending could be better used for.  Why don't we bring all of our troops and ships and what not home put them in the Gulf, Pacific, and Atlantic and let any country including Russia  try to do shit to us.  Arm our shores, put up the most sophisticated missile defense system the world has ever seen etc.  I have no problem with a strong military and protecting America.  I have a huge problem with empire building and world hegemony.  
LOL same could be said for well fair and the health care system...

The problem is that we have assets and allies over seas and you cant just let them go undefended. When an allie gets in shit you lend a hand, when your assets are threatned you defend them. Leaving all out military of our coast would open allies and assets up to attacks

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
Who else here would be interested to see a China vs. Russia throwdown?

Conventional only, of course.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 12:07:21 PM »
No we should strive to reduce the costs of higher education, keep jobs at home, rebuild our public infrastructure, invest in homegrown energy sources etc.  Education is the key to a strong country.  I have a coworker that is Russian and she has two kids.  One is living in Russia right now and the other here.  Both in third grade.  Her daughter in the U.S. is learning how to multiply, subract, divide, etc.  Her Russian counterpart is learning how to do algebra.  This is in Russia.  What do you think third graders in China and Japan and India are learning?  College is becoming out of reach for most Americans.  What does that say about our country?  All the other bullshit aside..........if we can't affordably educate the masses there is no hope for any country no matter how fucking strong our military is.  But that's exactly how the elite want us, dumbed down and gobbling up People magazine and American idol and Apple Iphones. 
cry me a fuking river i took out student loans to put myself through college and so can the next person, college isnt out of reach its hard and takes alot of time and energy and work thats why the kids today dont want to partake as much. The society has glamorized the shit stains of the country and not the ppl who should get the credit.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »
M+M you are 100% correct. America is bankrupt and the only way for our economy to survive is by going to war. We should close all our military bases around the world, send home all our troops and spend our military budget on social justice and reform programs such as needle exchange programs, soup kitchens and free financial assistance seminars for those who live under the poverty line. In addition, all colleges and Universities should be manditorily free for everyone, as should healthcare, housing, clothing, food  and property.  All the victims of foreclosure should not only have their loans forgiven, but should be compensated directly from the coffers of our military budget. We need to shut down American industries that pollute the enviorment and make a move toward enviormentally friendly/ green energy policies. This wont prove to be expensive because we will simply take the money from our military budget.

We should only have a standing army on our shores, along with an electric titanium fence with a dome similar to what many baseball stadium have and a missle defense system with a super-computer that uses telepathy to determine if anyone will attack us at any given time.

We need to mobilize this movement and let the candidates know at the polls, that this is what we want, and we want it in NOVEMBER!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
LOL same could be said for well fair and the health care system...

The problem is that we have assets and allies over seas and you cant just let them go undefended. When an allie gets in shit you lend a hand, when your assets are threatned you defend them. Leaving all out military of our coast would open allies and assets up to attacks

Of course.  This is not something that would happen over night because it's not something that was put in place over night.  It took 50+ years to get in the mess we are in and it will probably take that long to get out of it.  But if we can't even get the dialogue going  and someone in the Presidency that will actually change course we are all headed for disaster.  I mean do you realize that we are on the verge of economic collapse?  Real, long term, and severe economic collapse in this country and around the world?  Fannie and Freddie have just been taken over by the government so the mortgage banks and China can keep getting paid while our government basically gives a big fuck you to its citizens.  Is that capitalism?  Is that good government?  Profits before people?  Fuck our allies.  It's time we quit worrying about and protecting everyone else and about time we start taking care of our own country.  The only reason we have "allies" around the world is to extract what we think we need from them.  To keep the American consumer consuming and in debt.  The value of the dollar has dropped 50%.  That's a 50% tax levied against you and me in the form of inflation and all you can do is talk about propping up an already bloated and corrupt foreign policy.  LOL.  Go vote for McCain and soon you'll need a wheel barrow full of dollars to buy a loaf of bread.  

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »
Obama can do all that, AND provide every american with a puppy.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 12:23:26 PM »
cry me a fuking river i took out student loans to put myself through college and so can the next person, college isnt out of reach its hard and takes alot of time and energy and work thats why the kids today dont want to partake as much. The society has glamorized the shit stains of the country and not the ppl who should get the credit.

So did I.  And your kids will have to take out twice as many student loans to put themselves through college. Unless you end up making lots of money you  know what the chances are of you actually paying off your mortgage like our grandparents were able to do?  You know what the chances of you actually being able to retire at 55 like our grandparents did?  America has prided itself on giving future generations more opportunities and yes a better standard of living than prior ones.  Is that a problem for you?  Do you not want your kids to have it better than you did?  Do you want them to have to struggle more than you?  Have less opportunity and be indentured servants their entire existence?  Haha......but you're probably one of those guys that is going to make a million bucks right?  I mean hell isn't that what everyone should strive for in America?????? Let's all go into debt and bet the farm that we'll be ok cause we'll all be millionaires some day?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »
So did I.  And your kids will have to take out twice as many student loans to put themselves through college. Unless you end up making lots of money you  know what the chances are of you actually paying off your mortgage like our grandparents were able to do?  You know what the chances of you actually being able to retire at 55 like our grandparents did?  America has prided itself on giving future generations more opportunities and yes a better standard of living than prior ones.  Is that a problem for you?  Do you not want your kids to have it better than you did?  Do you want them to have to struggle more than you?  Have less opportunity and be indentured servants their entire existence?  Haha......but you're probably one of those guys that is going to make a million bucks right?  I mean hell isn't that what everyone should strive for in America?????? Let's all go into debt and bet the farm that we'll be ok cause we'll all be millionaires some day?
again this to me is more of a cultrue thing than business, its called living within your means. Todays youth have no idea what that concept even is they dig themselves in debt and see no problem with it. A person who lived within their means would be able to retire earlier than most. I wont be a millionaire unless i hit the lotto, but that doesnt mean i have to be buried in debt either.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 12:36:58 PM »
again this to me is more of a cultrue thing than business, its called living within your means. Todays youth have no idea what that concept even is they dig themselves in debt and see no problem with it. A person who lived within their means would be able to retire earlier than most. I wont be a millionaire unless i hit the lotto, but that doesnt mean i have to be buried in debt either.

Dude if every American lived within their means our country and the world economy would grind to a damn halt.  Don't you see your own hypocrisy?  It's like my father in law.  The guy is a multimillionaire.  One of the hardest working yet frugal people I've ever known.  But you know what he made a majority of his money in the stock market.  If everyone was like him, i.e. no one spent anything and saved everything there wouldn't even be a stock market to invest in.  America's debt ridden society keeps the entire world financial system afloat.  4% of the population consuming 25% of the worlds resources and every other developing country striving to emulate us?  You don't see what's wrong with that picture?  Didn't you say you are college educated!!!!!!?

CONSUMPTION + DEBT = BUSINESS

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »

What area of the country to you live in?  How old are you?  How much money do you make a year?  Do you live in a house/have a mortgage?  Or do you rent?  Do you own your car or do you have a car payment?  What is living within your means?  Do you invest in the stock market?  Do you have stock in Sprint or any other major carrier?  If so what would happen if everyone got rid of all their cellphones?  99% of people don't NEED a cell phone.  Do you have a cell phone?  See my point?   

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »
Obama can do all that, AND provide every american with a puppy.

Hold it, he's still going to wash my car right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 01:33:45 PM »
Dude if every American lived within their means our country and the world economy would grind to a damn halt.  Don't you see your own hypocrisy?  It's like my father in law.  The guy is a multimillionaire.  One of the hardest working yet frugal people I've ever known.  But you know what he made a majority of his money in the stock market.  If everyone was like him, i.e. no one spent anything and saved everything there wouldn't even be a stock market to invest in.  America's debt ridden society keeps the entire world financial system afloat.  4% of the population consuming 25% of the worlds resources and every other developing country striving to emulate us?  You don't see what's wrong with that picture?  Didn't you say you are college educated!!!!!!?

CONSUMPTION + DEBT = BUSINESS
there is a difference between going into debt with the ability to pay it off down the road and going into debt without the abiliity of getting out which is what ppl do these days. Debt is not bad and is necessary but being able to pay off the debt is the key and what i was referring to in living within your means.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 01:50:54 PM »
there is a difference between going into debt with the ability to pay it off down the road and going into debt without the abiliity of getting out which is what ppl do these days. Debt is not bad and is necessary but being able to pay off the debt is the key and what i was referring to in living within your means.

Ok so let's take the average middle class white boy.  Parents both earn what?? Isn't like $35K considered middle class in America?  Let's say white boy has a total household income of $70K.  According to FAFSA a middle class family should be able to put their son or daughter through 4 years of college with minimal student loans.  Hell I had to get a private loan through citibank because the money I was eligible for through the government was ridiculously low.  Anyways, so the average 4 year college costs about what?  $20K a year including housing, tuition, books, etc?  Let's say $15K/year.  Thats 4 years of college for $60K.  How many college graduates will get out making $60K a year?  How long will it take to pay back that type of loan at 4-5% interest?  Now the graduating student who sacrificed through college needs to buy a car.  Maybe something that's not a total junker and possibly reliable? To get to his shitty ass $10/hr service job while he lands that big gig he thought a college degree was worth.  Maybe a Honda Accord for $200/month?  What about housing?  A measly 1 one bedroom apartment in a decent neighborhood is atleast $1k a month.  Do you think a college graduate just might deserve a nice new bed to sleep on?  Maybe he slept on a twin bed his whole life and figure graduating college he just might deserve atleast a brand new full bed?  Maybe he has to furnish an apartment with some dishes, plates and shit to eat off of?  Or should he live within his means eating off paper plates and dixie cups?  How is a college grad supposed to afford the basics in American society making $35K a year?  Or even the cost of his education let's say $60K a year?  Fuck bro this isn't even taking into account inflation which is a never ending battle and wages haven't kept up with inflation for decades. 

How is a new grad supposed to come up with a measly deposit in a half way decent apartment?  First and last months rent?  Or should all college graduates still live with roomates because that's "living within their means"?  And look what this situation does to society.  It makes men and women reliant on each other.  Men can't afford to live independently on their own.  You know how many people shack up together because of finanical security? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
Ok so let's take the average middle class white boy.  Parents both earn what?? Isn't like $35K considered middle class in America?  Let's say white boy has a total household income of $70K.  According to FAFSA a middle class family should be able to put their son or daughter through 4 years of college with minimal student loans.  Hell I had to get a private loan through citibank because the money I was eligible for through the government was ridiculously low.  Anyways, so the average 4 year college costs about what?  $20K a year including housing, tuition, books, etc?  Let's say $15K/year.  Thats 4 years of college for $60K.  How many college graduates will get out making $60K a year?  How long will it take to pay back that type of loan at 4-5% interest?  Now the graduating student who sacrificed through college needs to buy a car.  Maybe something that's not a total junker and possibly reliable? To get to his shitty ass $10/hr service job while he lands that big gig he thought a college degree was worth.  Maybe a Honda Accord for $200/month?  What about housing?  A measly 1 one bedroom apartment in a decent neighborhood is atleast $1k a month.  Do you think a college graduate just might deserve a nice new bed to sleep on?  Maybe he slept on a twin bed his whole life and figure graduating college he just might deserve atleast a brand new full bed?  Maybe he has to furnish an apartment with some dishes, plates and shit to eat off of?  Or should he live within his means eating off paper plates and dixie cups?  How is a college grad supposed to afford the basics in American society making $35K a year?  Or even the cost of his education let's say $60K a year?  Fuck bro this isn't even taking into account inflation which is a never ending battle and wages haven't kept up with inflation for decades. 

How is a new grad supposed to come up with a measly deposit in a half way decent apartment?  First and last months rent?  Or should all college graduates still live with roomates because that's "living within their means"?  And look what this situation does to society.  It makes men and women reliant on each other.  Men can't afford to live independently on their own.  You know how many people shack up together because of finanical security? 

plz condense that i come on here to relax and chat not to read novels man

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »
plz condense that i come on here to relax and chat not to read novels man

Yeah sorry I forgot this is getbig. 

How is a college grad with $40-$50K in student loans who gets out making $35-40$K (average salary for a college grad) supposed to afford to live on his own? 
Apartment with first and last months rent or a hefty deposit
car
work clothes
food
furnishings to live on his own i.e. bed, plates, knives, spoons, maybe a telephone
car insurance
health insurance