Author Topic: DID the Surge actually work?  (Read 6144 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
DID the Surge actually work?
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:47:49 PM »
President Bush announced today that he'll withdraw only about 5% of the current 146,000-strong force in Iraq before he leaves office

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: DID the Surge actually work?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:49:59 PM »
A better thread would be:

Did the war serve any purpose?

And before somebody posts the video again, I'm not interested in what a semi-literate wet behind the ears GI has to say about it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »
calmus, i'm looking fwd to your commentary as this clusterfvck of an election arrives.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:06:37 PM »
clusterfvck of an election

truer words were never spoken.

We've got massive inflationary pressure.  Two restive world powers that would like to eat our lunch.  An energy crisis on the horizon.  A credit crisis that's already here.  Radical Islam.   

And what is it the American public cares about?  SOme bullshit about taxes.  That horse has bolted a long time ago (2001 to be precise when fucking idiot decided to put us over a trillion and a half dollars in the hole through his tax cuts.... before he started his insane crusades).

Some bullshit about "family values" and "hunting caribou"

On a related but funny note. Obama and the current head of Goldman Sachs have the same post-graduate degree.  Only Obama's came with better grades.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 10:12:27 PM »
tonight, the opening news story is obama's use of 'lipstick on a pig'.

Did he intend to insult millions of women?
Did mccain use it to describe hilary's healthcare plan earlier this year?

CNN, the world's leading news org, is opening with the lipstick story,.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 07:09:18 AM »
A better thread would be:

Did the war serve any purpose?

And before somebody posts the video again, I'm not interested in what a semi-literate wet behind the ears GI has to say about it.

Who has done much more in his young life then u ever have and is more important to this country and even more of a man then u. Let me know when ur balls drop and u decide to become a man. U claim to know so much about whats going on in Iraq etc....come on tough guy....join up and see yourself.
L

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »
tonight, the opening news story is obama's use of 'lipstick on a pig'.

Did he intend to insult millions of women?
HIS COMMENT WAS TO INSULT THE PALIN IDIOT WHO COMMENTED THAT SHE IS A PITBULL WITH LIPSTICK....

Did mccain use it to describe hilary's healthcare plan earlier this year?
HITLERY DOES NOT AND DID NOT EVEN SHOW CONCERN FOR THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DYING IN NEW YORK FROM THE TOXIC CLOUD FROM THE WORLD TRADE, WHERE SHE IS THE SENATOR. IF SHE CAN NOT BE CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR HEALTH THEN HOW THE HELL COULD SHE BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE HEALTH OF THE ENTIRE NATION??? GOOD RIDDENCE TO HER...

CNN, the world's leading news org, is opening with the lipstick story,.
C

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 07:33:42 AM »
Its not an issue but its a story and no matter where u are in the world, politics is the same. It would be the same in Iraq or the UK. One guy calls another guy a pig...its a story.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »
Palin is kinda a pig though.

Did anyone see her on Greta last night?  Local fox affiliate did a home interview with her 4 months ago.

Kinda a piggish house, kinda trashy.  definitely added a trailer feel to her image.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 07:53:17 AM »
Its funny, if I said the same thing about Obama I'd be a racist.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 07:57:28 AM »
Its funny, if I said the same thing about Obama I'd be a racist.

???

If obama's kitchen looked trashy and cluttered, you could say the same thing.

For me, she lost a lot of the glamour and shine that I believed she had. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »
I could say alot about Obama......I choose not to because there is plenty above board things to nail him on.
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »
Who has done much more in his young life then u ever have and is more important to this country and even more of a man then u. Let me know when ur balls drop and u decide to become a man. U claim to know so much about whats going on in Iraq etc....come on tough guy....join up and see yourself.

::) 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:07 AM »
Yeah I know...whats it like to be worthless.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 09:25:30 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Did the surge work?  Ah, why don't you ask Obama who in his interview with Bill O'Reilly admitted that it has worked. Of course, he stopped short of admitting he was wrong in voting against it, but he said that it has GREATLY helped the situation in Iraq.

Now, just because you want all 100% American troops to be withdrawn RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that the surge did not work. By that logic, then we never won WWII since we still got troops in Germany and Japan. In fact, we still have troops in the Balkans. Why would it be any different in Iraq?

If you still have any doubt, just look at the NY Times, all the liberal media who have stopped reporting and writing stories about how we are losing the war. Why have they stopped comparing this military situation with the Vietnam War? John Murtha has been pretty quiet too. Why is that?  

Listen, just admit that you, along with all the other Democrat politicians (who voted to go to war with Iraq), were wrong in stating that this was another Vietnam.  You know, the only war that USA lost and that DEMOCRATS escalated and got us into. The same war that claimed over 58,000 American soldiers. Now that was a clusterfuck!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Did the surge work?  Ah, why don't you ask Obama who in his interview with Bill O'Reilly admitted that it has worked. Of course, he stopped short of admitting he was wrong in voting against it, but he said that it has GREATLY helped the situation in Iraq.

Now, just because you want all 100% American troops to be withdrawn RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that the surge did not work. By that logic, then we never won WWII since we still got troops in Germany and Japan. In fact, we still have troops in the Balkans. Why would it be any different in Iraq?

If you still have any doubt, just look at the NY Times, all the liberal media who have stopped reporting and writing stories about how we are losing the war. Why have they stopped comparing this military situation with the Vietnam War? John Murtha has been pretty quiet too. Why is that?  

Listen, just admit that you, along with all the other Democrat politicians (who voted to go to war with Iraq), were wrong in stating that this was another Vietnam.  You know, the only war that USA lost and that DEMOCRATS escalated and got us into. The same war that claimed over 58,000 American soldiers. Now that was a clusterfuck!

you're assuming the war is over.

Bush sai yesterday that he can only pull 5% of troops.

Why in the world would you need 130,000 troops (plus private contractors and support units) in a place where a war was WON?

Sounds to me like an occupying force.  And you CANNOT declare a win if you still require the presence of 130,000 men.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 09:31:20 AM »
ooh, the surge is working!!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Why the fuck are we there in the first place anyway?  ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 09:31:26 AM »
Whether the surge worked is irrelevant. Unless there were zero american deaths and zero iraqi civilian deaths and the natural enviorment of the desert was left undisturbed and America had approval from every other nation on earth, then the war was a failure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
Whether the surge worked is irrelevant.

Actually, it's the platform that McCain is running on.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
Its not an issue but its a story and no matter where u are in the world, politics is the same. It would be the same in Iraq or the UK. One guy calls another guy a pig...its a story.

nope...not a quarter of this shit is news in the uk....i dont know about iraq/U.S controlled babylon

Especially the sex scandles..wouldnt make the back page in most european papers....mainly because everyone does it. Only here we act like its something only the sickest of the sick do. Remember a guy named Bill Clinton. Had the U.S. in awsome economic standing. I believe we were around 3 trillion in the black with a good rep around the world. And we tried to get him out because of a blowjob...Jesus h christ

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »
ooh, the surge is working!!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Why the fuck are we there in the first place anyway?  ::)

You should start another thread on that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
Remember a guy named Bill Clinton. Had the U.S. in awsome economic standing. I believe we were around 3 trillion in the black with a good rep around the world. And we tried to get him out because of a blowjob...Jesus h christ

ya got that right.  i was a dumbshit back then.  was so happy when clinton got his impeachment trial.

i'd take a BJ getting president anyday, if it means the dollar recovers its 41% since 2001.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 10:49:57 AM »
nope...not a quarter of this shit is news in the uk....i dont know about iraq/U.S controlled babylon

Especially the sex scandles..wouldnt make the back page in most european papers....mainly because everyone does it. Only here we act like its something only the sickest of the sick do. Remember a guy named Bill Clinton. Had the U.S. in awsome economic standing. I believe we were around 3 trillion in the black with a good rep around the world. And we tried to get him out because of a blowjob...Jesus h christ

NAFTA was passed under Clinton.  Do your research.  Clinton's passage of NAFTA was as disastrous as the Bush's Iraq war as far as the economy goes. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 10:53:44 AM »
NAFTA was passed under Clinton.  Do your research.  Clinton's passage of NAFTA was as disastrous as the Bush's Iraq war as far as the economy goes. 

So are you trying to tell me Bush didnt take over the country with our economy in the surplus???

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 10:55:16 AM »
The ONLY reason the surge is working is because of the insane amount of money we are throwing at the problem.  It has nothing to do with a change or progress in military strategy.  The insurgents/Al Sadr are being paid off.  That's about the only thing America's military is good at these days.  Paying off and appeasing the enemy.    

HH6 why would anyone sign up and join a military that supports a corrupt, deceitful, elitist government.  You're just a puppet for the NWO.