Author Topic: Fix This : The near impossibility of Fixing a Bodybuilding show.  (Read 5792 times)

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
Re: Fix This : The near impossibility of Fixing a Bodybuilding show.
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
"I don't knock on doors I knock doors down" Flex Wheeler to Kevin Levrone.......right?  :D
yep    ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2008, 03:54:07 PM »
yep    ;D
always a fan of Kevin Levrone, Arnold and Flex Wheeler  ;D
never really got into the whole freaky gross disgusting physiques like......cough dorian yates cough  ::)

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »

;)

Deity,

In all fairness, I think that caption's misleading.  I didn't get to go to the 2001 Olympia -- my daddy and brothers said it'd be boring :( -- but as good as Jay was, I have to think Ronnie was flashing the "v" for "victory." 

That said, I do find it strange how so many people here crash on Dorian Yates.  At his best and Ronnie's best, it would be a very close contest.  Anyone who says otherwise is either ignoring the evidence we have and/or is on some kind of bizarre troll crusade a'la some of those "Allah would, in flesh, look like" Nasser guys. 

Why can't both "sides" agree that the other man was good, and move on?   ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Deity,

In all fairness, I think that caption's misleading.  I didn't get to go to the 2001 Olympia -- my daddy and brothers said it'd be boring :( -- but as good as Jay was, I have to think Ronnie was flashing the "v" for "victory." 

That said, I do find it strange how so many people here crash on Dorian Yates.  At his best and Ronnie's best, it would be a very close contest.  Anyone who says otherwise is either ignoring the evidence we have and/or is on some kind of bizarre troll crusade a'la some of those "Allah would, in flesh, look like" Nasser guys. 

I already said v for victory
but he got on my ass about how it's a peace sign  ::)
being a little racist cuz ronnie is black  >:(

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
Dorian on the other hand looks like shit standing next to guys out of the top 5 in certain poses which makes his "dominance" very questionable, look at any front double bi of him against anyone in 96 and especialy in 97, and as good as his back was he also got embarassed in the rear double bi due to his "worse than a gym rat" arms which also made his most muscular look horrible.Ronnie had a couple of what most would consider close calls, Dorian had more than a few of what many would see as complete gifts to a man who did not resemble what a body builder should look like. Hence the fact that there are millions of threads on the net questioning most of Yates "wins" and not very many about any of Colemans wins.

bingo. but ND will claim everyone is wrong, even pro sites like Muscletime  ::)

and as far as dorian getting owned in so many shots from so many contests, well, he will just say "you had to see him in person" ::)

lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2008, 04:04:26 PM »
ps I love how ND's only response to any of this is 'meltdown'.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »
Deity,

I think Ronnie thought he was second I think the 2nd sign is accurate , he knew he lost the prejudging so its not unrealistic to think he might have lost it and I wouldn't say it was fixed either but my whole point is it was extremely close

and you're right about Ronnie & Dorian being close I've always maintained that and have explained endlessly that both have a real deep mutual respect for each other , its shame Ronnie's fans can't appreciate his respect

and I tried to move on lol these guys follow me around like puppies they feel they have unfinished business , I haven't posted in the truce thread in 9 months , so they try and bring the truce thread to me but I get your point , great post unbiased and honest and I respect your opinion  :)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2008, 04:07:52 PM »
I think Ronnie thought he was second I think the 2nd sign is accurate , he knew he lost the prejudging so its not unrealistic to think he might have lost it and I wouldn't say it was fixed either but my whole point is it was extremely close

and you're right about Ronnie & Dorian being close I've always maintained that and have explained endlessly that both have a real deep mutual respect for each other , its shame Ronnie's fans can't appreciate his respect

and I tried to move on lol these guys follow me around like puppies they feel they have unfinished business , I haven't posted in the truce thread in 9 months , so they try and bring the truce thread to me but I get your point , great post unbiased and honest and I respect your opinion  :)
the same truce thread that went on to become another discussion board?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
Hulkster and NarcissisticDeity
why can't you guys just accept that you both have your own opinion?
and not try to convince the other?
 :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »
Hulkster and NarcissisticDeity
why can't you guys just accept that you both have your own opinion?
and not try to convince the other?
 :D

Oh its not about that anymore I gave up trying to prove anything to them , hence why I walked away from the truce thread , but the truce thread hated that fact I could do something they couldn't , leave my opinion to stand on its own two feet so now the truce thread follows me lol looking to get equal

the truce thread was exactly that lol but again I was the bigger man by creating it and I was the bigger man by walking away from it and who knows what next?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2008, 04:28:16 PM »
Oh its not about that anymore I gave up trying to prove anything to them , hence why I walked away from the truce thread , but the truce thread hated that fact I could do something they couldn't , leave my opinion to stand on its own two feet so now the truce thread follows me lol looking to get equal

the truce thread was exactly that lol but again I was the bigger man by creating it and I was the bigger man by walking away from it and who knows what next?
I think it's pretty silly to discuss about two guys on an on for so long
how much could there be left to say?
just kiss and make up with each other  ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2008, 04:29:06 PM »
yes I saw that thread, and I saw how hulkster responded to your truce
I think he should have just accepted it, it's pointless