Author Topic: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'  (Read 17808 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2008, 09:27:59 PM »
Actually, you'd need a Google search to find a devout intellectual... not the other way around.

I used the examples I did in order to show that better arguments can be made for the atheism of even presumptively religious intellectuals than can be made for the sincerity of their professed beliefs. Listing the top 10,000 scientists in the world would have been pretty monotonous... so I had to make the point with figures McWay would accept as both religious and intelligent.

Who presumed them religious?  That's a big assumption on your part.

NORAD tracks Santa on their website each Christmas Eve... do those scientists sincerely believe in Santa? Or should we consider the intended audience?

McWay barely reads my posts and is so focused on misconstruing my points as obvious falsehoods that he only ever evades answering my questions... and I can't answer anything he needs clarification on because he can't ever concede anything, let alone his own miscomprehensions.   

So I say "A"... he thinks I said "B"... he asks me why I said "B"... but instead of reading "A" or what I meant by "A" he rants about how "B" is wrong. He can't accept that he doesn't understand a post... and I'm not dumbing down my writing style for him, it's not fair on people such as yourself Grape Ape who are reading this thread for entertainment... we don't need another "Truce" thread.

For example I could present a very plausible argument to refute the piety of the current pope... if anyone was open-minded enough to want to hear it. I'm sure McWay would misconstrue that argument too.

The Luke

The crux of your agrument is still that Obama is an intellect and therefore must be an ahtiest due to a sample that you hand picked.   You have to realize this.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »
McWay,

Don't you understand that I can only be as certain of Obama being an atheist as you can be of him being a Christian?

He is a highly educated intellectual and former professor of constitutional law... I'd say from a statistical standpoint it's more likely he's faking for the sheeple such as yourself.

Sheeple? Ummm...boy genius, I'M NOT THE ONE claiming that I'd vote for Obama...YOU ARE!!! You stated that you would vote for him and have encouraged others to do the same. The reason you're claiming that he's lying about his Christian beliefs is because you've painted yourself in a corner, by your statements about people of faith.

Obama's intellect and teaching about law have nothing to do with the picture. Jay Sekulow runs the American Center of Law and Justice. I think he knows a thing or two about constitutional law. He's also a man of faith. Here are some of his credentials (from Wikipedia):

Sekulow has been honored numerous times throughout his career. In 1994, he was named to the National Law Journal’s Power List, which highlights some of the most prolific attorneys in America. In 1997, he was named to the American Lawyer’s Public Sector 45, a list dedicated to legal public servants who have made the most impact in their respective fields.Following this accolade, the National Law Journal placed Dr. Sekulow in their highly coveted 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America list.Most recently, Legal Times profiled him as one of the 90 Greatest Washington Lawyers of the Last 30 years, solidifying his place as one of the most renowned legal professionals in the United States today.

Here's the part where you show how his Christian faith knocks him OUT of the intellectual category or that he's "faking" his religious beliefs.

Didn't Putin wear a crucifix lapel pin to win over Dubya?

The Luke

And the relevance would be......

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2008, 09:39:28 PM »

McWay barely reads my posts and is so focused on misconstruing my points as obvious falsehoods that he only ever evades answering my questions... and I can't answer anything he needs clarification on because he can't ever concede anything, let alone his own miscomprehensions.   

So I say "A"... he thinks I said "B"... he asks me why I said "B"... but instead of reading "A" or what I meant by "A" he rants about how "B" is wrong. He can't accept that he doesn't understand a post... and I'm not dumbing down my writing style for him, it's not fair on people such as yourself Grape Ape who are reading this thread for entertainment... we don't need another "Truce" thread.

Back to your sniveling, I see. I don't think you said "B". I know what you've said, because I've posted it in BLACK AND WHITE, to dismantle your claims.

YOU, straight up, said that you'd vote for Ron Paul but for your disagreement with his economic policy. Yet, you said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about his Christian belief, which by your own standards make him "divorced from reality" and a "moron".

You've also claimed that people should vote for Obama. But since he has stated that he is man of faith, you're left with little choice but to concoct some foolishness about his being a closet atheist, about which you even said you're "short on proof".

I asked you specifically to give any actions or statements from Barack Obama (or Ron Paul or even MLK) THAT WOULD BETRAY his professed Christian beliefs. You've come up with more excuses than a man going to jail and done so much dancing the MC Hammer, in his prime, couldn't touch.

For example I could present a very plausible argument to refute the piety of the current pope... if anyone was open-minded enough to want to hear it. I'm sure McWay would misconstrue that argument too.

The Luke

You've been asked several times to present such about Obama and others. Yet, you ain't produced JACK!!! What's the hold up? Are you waiting for an engraved invitation?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2008, 02:47:39 AM »
Grape Ape and McWay,

Do either of you believe Vladimir Putin is a believing Christian? He wore a crucifix lapel pin?

Do either of you believe Mother Theresa was a believing Christian? Her personal letters very explicitly delineate her 50 year crisis of faith that resulted in her admitting that she couldn't even bring herself to believe though she wanted to.

Do either of you believe Pope Benedict is a believing Christian? As head of the Holy Office (also known as the Holy See or more infamously as The Inquisition) he sent letters demanding priests and bishops all across the US and Europe send any and all evidence of child molestation to the Holy See so that proper compensation could be calculated... he then destroyed all this evidence and refused to help any of the prosecutions.
Are these the actions of someone who GENUINELY believed he would someday be judged by God? When you are complicit in and enabler of organised, covered-up mass child rape, at what point does that become criminal? At what point does that become immoral? At what point does that become un-Christian?

Do either of you really believe any intellectual is a genuine religious believer? American politics is the only arena in which intellectuals profess religious faith... where are the religious intellectuals in any other field of human endeavor?

Doesn't Occam's Razor dictate we should assume this tiny subset of the intellectual population to be pandering to the religious believers upon whose votes they depend?

The Luke
PS -Voltaire was a famously outspoken atheist

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2008, 03:24:57 AM »
Hmm....maybe the Cult of Apollo?

I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2008, 04:04:27 AM »
Deicide,

Is it just me or could the arguments being made against me here be characterized as ridiculous?

I'm being called to task by Grape Ape for stating that Obama; Ron Paul (both self professed Christians); Martin Luther King Jr (a reverend); Mother Theresa (a nun) and the Pope (something of a religious figure in his own way) could be ASSUMED to be religious people by McWay.

I used the examples I did in order to show that better arguments can be made for the atheism of even presumptively religious intellectuals than can be made for the sincerity of their professed beliefs. Listing the top 10,000 scientists in the world would have been pretty monotonous... so I had to make the point with figures McWay would accept as both religious and intelligent.

Who presumed them religious?  That's a big assumption on your part.

...What the Fuck?
Grape Ape, am I being unfair here? Is this a typo/syntax-error? Did you actually mean "NOT religious" referring to my claim about scientists?

You didn't really mean to question whether Obama; Ron Paul; Martin Luther King Jr; Mother Theresa and the Pope could be assumed to be religious?

McWay is still harping on about his unique (read: WRONG!) interpretation that I said I'd vote for Ron Paul?
I'd vote for Ron Paul....
...BUT....
...his small government ideals and free-market economics won't work for much longer.

...I could understand his mistake if English isn't his first language (lots of non-native speakers on GetBig) as he mightn't have seen "BUT" used a bridge to an exception clause.... BUT, he totally disregards the clarification I made a few posts later:
Just for the record... McWay didn't read my post correctly, if I could vote in the American elections I'd vote for Barack Obama (my fellow atheist).

I'd prefer to vote for Ralph Nader, but he isn't a viable candidate in the US because the mean IQ has drifted so far from the average.

...perhaps his inability to properly read posts and refusal to answer any of the simple questions asked him is a symptom of Bill Maher's assertion?

What do those reading this thread think? Is McWay just too dumb to vote?

The Luke

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48:36 AM »
Deicide,

Is it just me or could the arguments being made against me here be characterized as ridiculous?

I'm being called to task by Grape Ape for stating that Obama; Ron Paul (both self professed Christians); Martin Luther King Jr (a reverend); Mother Theresa (a nun) and the Pope (something of a religious figure in his own way) could be ASSUMED to be religious people by McWay.

...What the Fuck?
Grape Ape, am I being unfair here? Is this a typo/syntax-error? Did you actually mean "NOT religious" referring to my claim about scientists?

You didn't really mean to question whether Obama; Ron Paul; Martin Luther King Jr; Mother Theresa and the Pope could be assumed to be religious?

McWay is still harping on about his unique (read: WRONG!) interpretation that I said I'd vote for Ron Paul?
...I could understand his mistake if English isn't his first language (lots of non-native speakers on GetBig) as he mightn't have seen "BUT" used a bridge to an exception clause.... BUT, he totally disregards the clarification I made a few posts later:

...perhaps his inability to properly read posts and refusal to answer any of the simple questions asked him is a symptom of Bill Maher's assertion?

The Luke

MCWAY is just full of himself; I have seen him destroyed by real archaeologists and historians of antiquity. Just a faith head with a bit of loud rhetoric...

OK...I am trying to figure out which deity to worship?

Ares?

Hera?

Artemis?

Poseidon?

Hermes?

Hades? (I really like him)

Hephaestus?

Or the King of the Gods, Zeus?

Which god deserves a cult the most?
I hate the State.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2008, 04:59:19 AM »
This thread blows.

Anyone wants to see me, I'm down at the mini mart.

Peace out.
G

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2008, 05:08:39 AM »
Deicide,

The Luke

Paul isn't lying about his Christianity, which is unfortunate.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2008, 05:12:35 AM »
The Luke,

The Almighty says: Answer the f...freaking question.

You're worse than Sarah Palin.

...which question?

The Luke

Q: If all Christians are fools, why did you say that you'd vote for Ron Paul?  Ron Paul is an intellectual and a devout Christian.  Ron Paul is a fool?  Are you a fool?

Statement of Faith - By Rep. Ron Paul, MD.
"I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator."
http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »
This thread blows.

Anyone wants to see me, I'm down at the mini mart.

Peace out.

Kneel before Cyric, worm, the Dark Sun and Lord of Murder...

I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2008, 05:16:43 AM »
Q: If all Christians are fools, why did you say that you'd vote for Ron Paul?  Ron Paul is an intellectual and a devout Christian.  Ron Paul is a fool?  Are you a fool?

His Christian beliefs are foolish...without a doubt...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2008, 05:31:23 AM »
So what?  The Luke said that he'd vote for Ron Paul, and he gave the only reason why he would not vote for Ron Paul.  His one reason had nothing to do with Ron Paul's Christian beliefs.

I am not the Luke.
I hate the State.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2008, 05:33:16 AM »
Does anyone know if there's a special website that gives the next day's weather?

Thanks, Rockdogs!
G

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2008, 05:34:31 AM »
His Christian beliefs are foolish...without a doubt...

So what?  The Luke said that he'd vote for Ron Paul, and he gave the only reason why he would not vote for Ron Paul.  His one reason had nothing to do with Ron Paul's Christian beliefs.

I am not the Luke.

Deicide,
It appears that all the things that you love about Ron Paul, you have his "foolish" Christian belief to thank for:

"I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator."

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2008, 05:42:55 AM »

Deicide,
It appears that all the things that you love about Ron Paul, you have his "foolish" Christian belief to thank for:

His monetary and foreign policy are a consequence of his Christian beliefs? Ah....noooooo.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2008, 05:48:58 AM »
His monetary and foreign policy are a consequence of his Christian beliefs? Ah....noooooo.

Yes.

"I seek His guidance in all that I do"

"I have also acted to protect the lives of Americans by my adherence to the doctrine of “just war.” This doctrine, as articulated by Augustine, suggested that war must only be waged as a last resort--- for a discernible moral and public good, with the right intentions, vetted through established legal authorities (a constitutionally required declaration of the Congress), and with a likely probability of success."

"I am running for president to restore the rule of law and to stand up for our divinely inspired Constitution"

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2008, 06:03:42 AM »
Yes.

"I seek His guidance in all that I do"

"I have also acted to protect the lives of Americans by my adherence to the doctrine of “just war.” This doctrine, as articulated by Augustine, suggested that war must only be waged as a last resort--- for a discernible moral and public good, with the right intentions, vetted through established legal authorities (a constitutionally required declaration of the Congress), and with a likely probability of success."

"I am running for president to restore the rule of law and to stand up for our divinely inspired Constitution"

Yes, it's very sad but at least he doesn't cram it down your throat. He was just indoctrinated at a young age and it's hard to recover from that...
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2008, 12:09:59 PM »
Deicide,

...What the Fuck?

Wrong again, boy genius. You're being called to task, because you made the claim that the aforemtnioned people are ATHEISTS, but you have not provided one hint of an example of their actions or statements that demonstrate such.

I assume that those folks are religious, because of their statements and actions of faith, combined with a distinct LACK of evidence to the contrary. You keep popping off at the mouth, claiming that they're atheists. Let's see some examples of that.

You miss again, Luke. I quoted EXACTLY what you said and Loco mentioned it as well. You stated that the one reason you would not vote Paul was in regards to his economic policy. NOTHING WAS MENTIONED about his religious beliefs, which by your standards, makes him unfit for office, "divorced from reality" and a "moron".

Yet, this is the reason you gave for your reluctance to vote for Paul:

I'd vote for Ron Paul....

...BUT....

...his small government ideals and free-market economics won't work for much longer.

Reducing government to the extent that corporations could possibly overpower it is simply foolish, add to this the growing menace of desk-top technologies such as genetically-tuned viral weapons; cold fusion; and especially supra-human AI... and you have a recipe for disaster.

Again, where in that statement do you disqualify Paul for consideration, BECAUSE OF HIS CHRISTIAN BELIEFS, which you should do automatically, based on your previous statements?

And, I know you are NOT talking smack about not answering questions. To this day, you have NOT addressed the issues, regarding the men (or MT). You have NOT shown anything that backs your claims that these folks are closet atheists.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2008, 12:18:13 PM »
Well try answering a question properly here McWay...

Is Putin a believing Christian? ...he did wear a crucifix lapel pin.

Is Pope Benedict? ...he ran the worlds largest pedophile ring.

I notice you avoid what you don't want to answer, all the while putting words in my mouth.

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »
Grape Ape and McWay,

Do either of you believe Vladimir Putin is a believing Christian? He wore a crucifix lapel pin?

Do either of you believe Mother Theresa was a believing Christian? Her personal letters very explicitly delineate her 50 year crisis of faith that resulted in her admitting that she couldn't even bring herself to believe though she wanted to.

Her personal letters are simply her expression, during her times of grief and despair. They aren't much different than the lamentations of Job, when he went through his trials. She felt that God had abandoned her at times, just as Job did

Job 30 (NASB):

Job 30:1 "But now those younger than I mock me, Whose fathers I disdained to put with the dogs of my flock.  
Job 30:2   "Indeed, what {good was} the strength of their hands to me? Vigor had perished from them.  
Job 30:3   "From want and famine they are gaunt Who gnaw the dry ground by night in waste and desolation,  
Job 30:4   Who pluck mallow by the bushes, And whose food is the root of the broom shrub.  
Job 30:5   "They are driven from the community; They shout against them as {against} a thief,  
Job 30:6   So that they dwell in dreadful valleys, In holes of the earth and of the rocks.  
Job 30:7   "Among the bushes they cry out; Under the nettles they are gathered together.  
Job 30:8   "Fools, even those without a name, They were scourged from the land.  
Job 30:9   "And now I have become their taunt, I have even become a byword to them.  
Job 30:10   "They abhor me {and} stand aloof from me, And they do not refrain from spitting at my face.  
Job 30:11   "Because He has loosed His bowstring and afflicted me, They have cast off the bridle before me.  
Job 30:12   "On the right hand their brood arises; They thrust aside my feet and build up against me their ways of destruction.  
Job 30:13   "They break up my path, They profit from my destruction; No one restrains them.  
Job 30:14   "As {through} a wide breach they come, Amid the tempest they roll on.  
Job 30:15   "Terrors are turned against me; They pursue my honor as the wind, And my prosperity has passed away like a cloud.  
Job 30:16   "And now my soul is poured out within me; Days of affliction have seized me.  
Job 30:17   "At night it pierces my bones within me, And my gnawing {pains} take no rest.  
Job 30:18   "By a great force my garment is distorted; It binds me about as the collar of my coat.  
Job 30:19   "He has cast me into the mire, And I have become like dust and ashes.  
Job 30:20   "I cry out to You for help, but You do not answer me; I stand up, and You turn Your attention against me.  
Job 30:21   "You have become cruel to me; With the might of Your hand You persecute me.  
Job 30:22   "You lift me up to the wind {and} cause me to ride; And You dissolve me in a storm.  
Job 30:23   "For I know that You will bring me to death And to the house of meeting for all living.  
Job 30:24   "Yet does not one in a heap of ruins stretch out {his} hand, Or in his disaster therefore cry out for help?

Job 30:25   "Have I not wept for the one whose life is hard? Was not my soul grieved for the needy?  
Job 30:26   "When I expected good, then evil came; When I waited for light, then darkness came.  
Job 30:27   "I am seething within and cannot relax; Days of affliction confront me.  
Job 30:28   "I go about mourning without comfort; I stand up in the assembly {and} cry out for help.  
Job 30:29   "I have become a brother to jackals And a companion of ostriches.  
Job 30:30   "My skin turns black on me, And my bones burn with fever.  
Job 30:31   "Therefore my harp is turned to mourning, And my flute to the sound of those who weep.  

Those are the laments of a man who lost his fortune and family. Yet, AT NO TIME does he doubt that God exists. On the contrary, much like MT, Job thinks that God either does not love him anymore or is punishing him for some inexplicable reason.

And in case you missed it, MT specifically asked that her letters be destroyed, because would put the emphasis on her instead of Jesus. That's hardly a concern someone would have, if he/she didn't believe that He existed. In fact, one of her letters (which you conveniently missed states, "I want the work to remain only His"). She wanted the work that she did to be for the glory of God, the absolute LAST thing that would be on the mind of an atheist.

Do either of you believe Pope Benedict is a believing Christian? As head of the Holy Office (also known as the Holy See or more infamously as The Inquisition) he sent letters demanding priests and bishops all across the US and Europe send any and all evidence of child molestation to the Holy See so that proper compensation could be calculated... he then destroyed all this evidence and refused to help any of the prosecutions.
Are these the actions of someone who GENUINELY believed he would someday be judged by God? When you are complicit in and enabler of organised, covered-up mass child rape, at what point does that become criminal? At what point does that become immoral? At what point does that become un-Christian?

If these accusations are accurate, such actions are un-Christian. But, how does that make Benedict an atheist, what you claimed he was?

Do either of you really believe any intellectual is a genuine religious believer? American politics is the only arena in which intellectuals profess religious faith... where are the religious intellectuals in any other field of human endeavor?

Only in American politics? Boy are you off your rocker or what?
As for where the intellectuals are....Hmmmm....There's:

Louis Pasteur, Dr. Robin Crossman, Dr. Duane Gish, Dr. Kurt Wise, Dr. D. James Kennedy (2000 Most Oustanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century); RADM (Ret.) Barry Black, Dr. Bruce Metgzer, Dr. Ben Carson, Jay Sekulow.....stop me anytime you like.

The bottom line is that silly statement of yours is based on little more than your atheist bias, which has no root when it comes to actual fact, regarding intellect and religious belief. And, that still doesn't erase the fact that YOU have stated your would-be support for two guys, who shouldn't even register on your radar, because they claim to be Christians.

That alone, by your standards, makes them "morons" and unfit for public office. But, since you have some interest in them or even like them (re: Obama), you've had to resort to foolish claims that they're actually atheists on the down-low. Laughable, yet pitiful.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »
Well try answering a question properly here McWay...

Is Putin a believing Christian? ...he did wear a crucifix lapel pin.

Is Pope Benedict? ...he ran the worlds largest pedophile ring.

I notice you avoid what you don't want to answer, all the while putting words in my mouth.

The Luke

Since it’s obvious you missed your daily “Hooked on Phonics” session, I will reiterate my answer to those questions of yours, even though you CONTINUE to hide behind them to avoid answering those addressed to you.

If these accusations are accurate, such actions are un-Christian. But, how does that make Benedict (or Putin) an atheist, what you claimed he was?

Those actions, while (if true) errant, are NOT a declaration or a statement of a LACK OF BELIEF in GOD of the supernatural, the VERY DEFINITION OF AN ATHEIST.

An ATHEIST does not believe that God exist. You have NOT demonstrated any actions or statements by Obama, King, Paul, Mother Theresa, or even Benedict or Putin, that shows that THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN A SUPERNATURAL DIETY.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »
Yes, it's very sad but at least he doesn't cram it down your throat. He was just indoctrinated at a young age and it's hard to recover from that...

Notwithstanding the issue of his Christian faith hardly being something from which Paul would need to "recover", you forget that Christians come from all walks of life. There is the little matter of Obama who, according to his bio, became a Christian AS AN ADULT.

And, there are plenty of people who've done that. In fact, if you asked Loco, he'll tell you about one of his favorite authors, A FORMER ATHEIST who became a Christian.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2008, 01:20:21 PM »
Notwithstanding the issue of his Christian faith hardly being something from which Paul would need to "recover", you forget that Christians come from all walks of life. There is the little matter of Obama who, according to his bio, became a Christian AS AN ADULT.

And, there are plenty of people who've done that. In fact, if you asked Loco, he'll tell you about one of his favorite authors, A FORMER ATHEIST who became a Christian.

Like I said, there are bigger issues than Ron Paul's Christianity (which unfortunately does affect his abortion views but that is not the pressing issue of our time); he is spot on civil liberties, monetary policy and most importantly foreign policy, which is all I care about. I don't like Obama and have nothing to say about him; maybe he is bullshitting, maybe not. He's not getting my vote.

Loco is an ok guy, apart from his Christianity; there is a Brazilian guy (an evangelical) who lives in my house; I avoid the religion thing with him and he is ok for the most part. There are lots of decent people of weak psychology who fall for the false hope of Christianity.
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
Well said Deicide...

I think most sensible people would conclude that people such as Putin are Christian for show only.

How McWay can think a believing Christian could cover up large scale institutional pedophilia (as the current Pope has) I don't know. But it might explain how someone such as Ted Hagard can be a straight married man who has sex with men, while NOT being homosexual.

Judge people by their actions.

Why can't Christians concede that they don't know for sure whether any professed Christian is a true believer in their heart...?

The Luke