Author Topic: Insulin why do bodybuilders take it?  (Read 103276 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Insulin why do bodybuilders take it?
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
"what has always worked for me"

::)   ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:52 AM »
"what has always worked for me"

::)   ;D

I don't get it but it doesn't matter. Again, why change your handle?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2008, 10:04:12 AM »
I only use one 'handle'.  :)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »
I only use one 'handle'.  :)

Now you do.  ;)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2008, 10:45:31 AM »
Damn. You got some expensive tastes. I do however have a liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue I got at a price that'll make you puke.  ;D Tried it for the first time a week ago. I was impressed.
Nah, I hardly drink at all anymore.   I'm a stupid drunk and I'm a 300+ lb guy who does dumb shit when he's drunk.  its not worth it to me.  I've gotten to the point where I can sit back and enjoy the flavor of  a good drink and not really worry about drinking until I get hammered. 

Plus the older I get the worse the hangovers are.

the last bottle of JW Blue (and last shot for that matter) was the best price---FREE.  ;D

I had a client in NYC give me two bottles.   I made the mistake of getting good and drunk on one of them.  That shit may be smooth going down (and for the record I think the Gold is smoother with better flavor), but the hangover the next day will absolutey fuck you up.  I dont' think I've ever been so sick in my life after a night of drinking. 

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »
Dude, I still think you got real fucking lucky. 

i agree!
TEAM Nasser

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »
the last bottle of JW Blue (and last shot for that matter) was the best price---FREE.  ;D

About four months ago I got a liter bottle of Blue on eBay for $40 shipped.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »
About four months ago I got a liter bottle of Blue on eBay for $40 shipped.

WOW.  That is a good price. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »
WOW.  That is a good price. 

Oh yea, I had no trouble justifying that purchase to my wife.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »
Nah, I hardly drink at all anymore.   I'm a stupid drunk and I'm a 300+ lb guy who does dumb shit when he's drunk.  its not worth it to me.  I've gotten to the point where I can sit back and enjoy the flavor of  a good drink and not really worry about drinking until I get hammered. 

Plus the older I get the worse the hangovers are.

I had a client in NYC give me two bottles.   I made the mistake of getting good and drunk on one of them.  That shit may be smooth going down (and for the record I think the Gold is smoother with better flavor), but the hangover the next day will absolutey fuck you up.  I dont' think I've ever been so sick in my life after a night of drinking. 

I can sympathize....

I don't drink, save for a Merlot maybe.....

I don't get hangovers like most people, but the effects on my strength are just not worth it.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Hippocrates1985

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »
What's the conclusion in this topic?

Who's VET?

How can we use slin in correct and safe way?

Where can I read what Milos say about nutrition, supplements, and drugs ??

Who should we trust if Milos, Dave Palumbo, Dan Duchaine, or L. Rea are wrong??

Where can we find good information to use in this sport? I'm sooooo fucking tired and don't know where I can educate myself more.

What is the best source to educate yourself in this sport??

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2008, 05:37:29 AM »
Vet = the man.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »
What's the conclusion in this topic?

Who's VET?

How can we use slin in correct and safe way?

Where can I read what Milos say about nutrition, supplements, and drugs ??

Who should we trust if Milos, Dave Palumbo, Dan Duchaine, or L. Rea are wrong??

Where can we find good information to use in this sport? I'm sooooo fucking tired and don't know where I can educate myself more.

What is the best source to educate yourself in this sport??

If you can afford it set up a consultation with Milos and he will teach you more in an hour than you would believe.  You can send him all you bio info and questions ahead of time so you don't waste time with that.

http://www.milossarcev.com/eshop/customer/home.php

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2008, 09:59:33 AM »
Vet = the man.

haha. Not really.   But thanks, I appreciate what you posted.  ;D

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2008, 12:36:07 AM »
Damn, I guess I'm the only animal here who just hits a heavy high volume workout, comes home pins 10iu's and raids the fridge. Insulin is good stuff you just have to have your facts straight . Last cycle I did I blew up. Muscle, glycogen and yes fat. Odly the fat was extremely easy to shed once off the slin. I havent hit it up in like 6months, may grab a bottle for bulk season. I only use it a pwo. GH with slin+++ if you can afford it. Did it once and it was gold.

Stavios

« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »
Oh yea, I had no trouble justifying that purchase to my wife.

gayer than justifying anything to the wife  ;D

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »
I have recently started taking insulin since I was diagnosed with diabetes.  They started me on metformin and quickly realized I needed injectable insulin.  So i've titrated up to 50 units of the lantus (24 hour) basal insulin and I just filled my first scrip for Novolog (very fast acting) and I'm supposed to take 5-10 units with my largest meal to start, and probably end up taking 5 units with breakfast and lunch also.  Reading all this bio-chemistry has made my brain hurt.  I'm a network IT guy, not a biochemist.  Is there a way I can take advantage of my prescriptions to help my gains in the gym without taking illegal anabolics?  I realize that insulin needs vary person to person depending on indogenous production levels and insulin sensitivity so I guess I'm asking more about timing, and food choices.  What and when will I benefit the most from with the insulin?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2008, 10:07:06 AM »
I have recently started taking insulin since I was diagnosed with diabetes.  They started me on metformin and quickly realized I needed injectable insulin.  So i've titrated up to 50 units of the lantus (24 hour) basal insulin and I just filled my first scrip for Novolog (very fast acting) and I'm supposed to take 5-10 units with my largest meal to start, and probably end up taking 5 units with breakfast and lunch also.  Reading all this bio-chemistry has made my brain hurt.  I'm a network IT guy, not a biochemist.  Is there a way I can take advantage of my prescriptions to help my gains in the gym without taking illegal anabolics?  I realize that insulin needs vary person to person depending on indogenous production levels and insulin sensitivity so I guess I'm asking more about timing, and food choices.  What and when will I benefit the most from with the insulin?

You want to benefit the most from your insulin?  GET YOUR DIABETES UNDER CONTROL AND KEEP YOUR A1C's WITHIN THE NORMAL RANGE...   

Seriously, thats going to do the most good for you in the gym. 

io856

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2008, 07:08:06 AM »
Another unfortunate case

Konrad C, Schupfer G, Wietlisbach M, Gerber H, (1998). Insulin as an anabolic: hypoglycemia in the bodybuilding world.
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther. Jul;33(7):461-3.

"A 30-year old male presented with cerebral symptoms of hypoglycaemia. Directly before an international competition he tried to stimulate muscle growth by using the hypoglycaemic stimulus to the growth hormone. To achieve this he injected 70 IE of a short-acting insulin subcutaneously, resulting in severe hypoglycaemia. After the initial administration of intravenous glucose by the paramedics, he lost consciousness and showed signs of convulsions. After orotracheal intubation by an emergency physician, despite of ongoing infusion of glucose the blood glucose concentration remained low as measured in the out-of-hospital setting. Finally administration of additional glucose and glucagon in the intensive care unit was able to stabilize the metabolic system. In any case of severe hypoglycaemia, repetitive measurements of blood glucose even in the prehospital setting should be performed to detect the hypoglycaemia especially if athletes are concerned."

One thing is constant in these bodybuilding-related insulin horror stories. Both bodybuilders where trying to get a growth hormone spike from purposefully going hypoglycemic. Was this practice common at one point? It seems like madness to me.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2008, 08:03:32 AM »
gayer than justifying anything to the wife  ;D

You will learn in time young grasshopper ;D

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

One thing is constant in these bodybuilding-related insulin horror stories. Both bodybuilders where trying to get a growth hormone spike from purposefully going hypoglycemic. Was this practice common at one point? It seems like madness to me.

It's stupid is what it is.  Just buy GH and don't take stupid risks.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »

I don't see where it says they were trying to stimulate GH. Did you read the full paper?

Insulin admin is how GH deficiency was tested for in the past. Maybe still used somewhere, don't know.

Insulin was also used in psychiatry. They induced severe hypoglycemia and then "revived" the patient with glucose solution through a tube in the throat. Sometimes this was combined with electroshock IIRC.  :o

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »
I don't see where it says they were trying to stimulate GH. Did you read the full paper?

Insulin admin is how GH deficiency was tested for in the past. Maybe still used somewhere, don't know.

Insulin was also used in psychiatry. They induced severe hypoglycemia and then "revived" the patient with glucose solution through a tube in the throat. Sometimes this was combined with electroshock IIRC.  :o

van ive heard the same thing before too. some dude on promuscle said something to the effect of "wait 30mins after you log to get mildly hypo so you get a burst of gh"... there are some morons out there to be sure.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2008, 07:41:42 AM »

Very true.

I forgot the name of the therapy but it was used quite a bit as a last resort.

8)