Author Topic: Whats a respectable weight for Dumbell Curls  (Read 17598 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: Whats a respectable weight for Dumbell Curls
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »
No, I'm realistic and detest liars mainly. Everyone always brings up the "You're limiting yourself" argument. Not at all. If you can't be satisfied with achieving a physique like Reeves, J-Rod, etc. (who wouldn't?) and be proud of the fact that you did it naturally than....take steroids. Simple as that. La Cour acknowledged using pro-hormones already and several people on other forums that actually know him have said he's done a lot more than that.
:-\ I'm just gonna be the best I can be, without drugs, I don't care about others   8)

The Coach

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »
so you're saying that if a person does't use steroids, they are doomed to have a bad physique?
why would people like Skip La Cour go everywhere and say that they are natural when IF it is proven other wise they will be known as liars in the whole world
I certainly believe they are natural
here are some drug free athletes

They're not drug free no matter how you cut it. Don't insult the intelligence of people on this board who have been in the industry longer than you've been on this earth. I know for a fact that Nubret isn't (wasn't) natural.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »
They're not drug free no matter how you cut it. Don't insult the intelligence of people on this board who have been in the industry longer than you've been on this earth. I know for a fact that Nubret isn't (wasn't) natural.

How can you KNOW a skip la cour or Willet is NOT natural...

and also KNOW that olympians like Phelps and your hot 40+year old world record female swimmer holder, ARE natural?

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:33 PM »
a lot of so called "curls" with the 70's, 80's and beyond would turn into 40's and 50's if the palm was kept facing up the whole time, anyone can do big db curls in the traditional twisting the hand form.
Aint that the truth. I stick with between the 40s and 50lb dumbells. I use weights where i use good form and know that iam working the muscle.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
Here's some real, natural numbers:

I'm 5'8" or 5'9" and my weight fluctuates between 145 and 155.

I do 5 strict curls with 50 pounds.

My arms were 16 inches when I measured them a year ago.

I'm starting to work triceps a lot more to bring up my arm size. It's something I neglected when I started training.

☠ Order of Nephilim

ASJChaotic

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »
Me.

210 pounds fully depleted 4 days before a contest, at 5'10". I could do the 45s for 7 strict reps (alternate, with twisting of wrist on the way up. It's in my journal). Arms measured just a hair over 17 inches at that weight.

At offseason weight of 255 lbs, I did 60 pounds for 4 reps each arm, alternate, strict, with twisting of wrist (that was 2 years ago. Stopped doing all curls 2 years ago. No cheat reps. If I cheat, set is over. At the time, my arms measured 18.75".) I have no idea what I could do now. Probably not much better, if at all. 

Stopped direct arm training due to elbow tendonitis. It's a bitch.
does it get better?

The Coach

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2008, 09:01:57 PM »
How can you KNOW a skip la cour or Willet is NOT natural...

and also KNOW that olympians like Phelps and your hot 40+year old world record female swimmer holder, ARE natural?

Your comparing bodybuilders to athletes. I know how both train.....at an elite level.

Atlantic

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2008, 12:57:37 AM »
60lbs in each arm

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2008, 01:08:30 AM »

I'm starting to work triceps a lot more to bring up my arm size. It's something I neglected when I started training.

fuck you emo.

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2008, 03:18:47 AM »
hate to break it to you AXA but you could take all the drugs in the world and you'd still be a skinny bony limp dick

you're genetics suck, you got the brain of a chimp and you need a week on teh beach just to turn white

YOU and BODYBUILDING will neve be mentioned in the same sentence - sucks to be YOU!!!! 

sucker

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2008, 03:22:35 AM »
I still cannot comprehend why anybody on this board would keep talking about natural bodybuilding ...THERE'S NO SUCH THING ...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2008, 03:26:12 AM »
I dunno if were still talking about how much you can curl, but i can do 50lb DB's for 10-12 reps. That being said, i probably only do direct bi work maybe once every fortnight, if that.
No doubt about it...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2008, 03:31:30 AM »
The most I ever curled were 90's for 6 reps each ...

I always wonted to curl 100's but I coud never hold the brip ....I have bicep strength but it overrides my forearm ...

I just realised I lost the 80 lbs curls video ...bummer ..

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2008, 03:34:37 AM »
The most I ever curled were 90's for 6 reps each ...

I always wonted to curl 100's but I coud never hold the brip ....I have bicep strength but it overrides my forearm ...

I just realised I lost the 80 lbs curls video ...bummer ..

90lb DB's?!

Thats pretty fuckin heavy!
No doubt about it...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2008, 03:37:34 AM »

90lb DB's?!

Thats pretty fuckin heavy!
Yeah... for my bodyweight at least .... ...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2008, 04:08:01 AM »
Ask Candidizzler,  he is the expert on working bi's.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2008, 04:22:59 AM »
fuck you emo.
how many times has he fucked your sister?
 :D

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »

Is that actually you in your avatar? I'd actually thought it was some Victorian painting of some homosexual Greek mythological character or something.

What is with that hair cut? Quite horrific.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »

Is that actually you in your avatar? I'd actually thought it was some Victorian painting of some homosexual Greek mythological character or something.

What is with that hair cut? Quite horrific.
it's called EMO......HELLO!  :D  ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
WIllet looks natural in some pics and not in others...but the test for me is how a person reacts when they are falsely accused, and his response was similiar to people that lie very well, like OJ, they appeal to peoples sympathies and turn on the charm and the doe eyes and the guy next store act...and people that are really falsley accused are usually disgusted, shocked and livid and their anger is intense....remember Micheal Jackson and that guy who was accused of being the Anthrax bomber and the Atlanta Olympic bomber guy....they were angry to the point of being physically sick over it,,, which makes sense because if i was falsely accused of anything I would be fucking pissed as most of you would be.  (no MJ jokes, please lets not go there)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »
WIllet looks natural in some pics and not in others...but the test for me is how a person reacts when they are falsely accused, and his response was similiar to people that lie very well, like OJ, they appeal to peoples sympathies and turn on the charm and the doe eyes and the guy next store act...and people that are really falsley accused are usually disgusted, shocked and livid and their anger is intense....remember Micheal Jackson and that guy who was accused of being the Anthrax bomber....they were angry to the point of being physically sick over it,,, which makes sense because if i was falsely accused of anything I would be fucking pissed as most of you would be.  (no MJ jokes, please lets not go there)
Jeff Willet looking UNBELIEVABLE  :o :o :o :o :o :o

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2008, 08:12:24 PM »

That's what I was hoping for. : )
☠ Order of Nephilim

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »

The avatar would be more macho if you had a couple of hot chicks in Togas feeding you grapes or something.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2008, 07:17:53 AM »
No. It's closer to Pre-Raphaelite (still Victorian, tho!) and still fucking off-the-charts-gay.   8)