Author Topic: Max-OT discussion here/ various links for the protocol inside  (Read 29137 times)

jianjohn24

Re:Max-OT/Soldat's experience from it.
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 08:48:22 PM »
Thanx for the info.  I'm plannin on ordering The Max-OT Arms, and Legs videos of Jeff Willet.  Anyone seen em?  Kinda pricey, but I'd like ta see what they consider "loose form" U cheat on some of the sets or use perfect form?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 01:40:56 PM »
Today marks day one for my Max-OT cycle. I already like it. Its a lot different than Im used to, but it felt good to switch it up. I will update this thread every couple weeks or so. It seems that Soldat likes the program so Im just going to add to the "research."  ;D

Peace!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2004, 12:08:37 AM »
Okay, its the 4th week of Max-OT and Im lovin' it! My bodyweight has gone up by a few pounds and all my weights continue to increase. Im not a huge fan of the arm routines but I will follow everything the way it was intended this time around. I've raised my bench by 15lbs, deads by 20lbs, and squats are up maybe 10lbs because of knee joint pain (its killer). I have only been supplementing with protein and vitamins thus far. I will add creatine back in this week. It was just making me sick for a while so I stopped using it. I will also add something for joint pain, shortly.

Overall I like this program very much! I will update again soon.

Peace!

soldat

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2004, 03:32:01 PM »
Well my initial 12-week tour into the principles of Max-OT has pretty much come to an end.  I have been pleased with this program and I’d have to say that it is probably one of the best programs that I have used.

I wish I had some more records to share.  Sorry to say that I don't.  On week number 8 you are supposed to take a week off, for me (thanks largely in part to work and travel) it ended up being close to a month.  During this nearly month hiatus, I concentrated solely on diet and was able to lose a considerable amount of weight (7lbs); I am now 198lbs, which is pretty good I guess.  This weight is down from 212 from when I started dieting.  What’s funny is that this program sort of made it hard for me to lose the weight.  I was holding steady at 205 for ¾ of the program.  So my month break is what did it for me.

So anyway once I was able to return to the gym, I spent most of my time trying to get back to the level I was before my break.  This is where this MAX-OT showed me what it actually had done for my strength levels.  

I was able to pretty much get right back in at the weight where I left, this of course is in the beginning of the workout.  Towards the end, my ass was dieing, getting stuck on shit, and doing sets that failed to meet the required reps.  It was ugly people!  I have fought through and am back where I was so all is good.  I believe I will continue to use this training regimen, although not exclusively.  I believe in tearing the body down and killing it from all angles and approaches.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2004, 03:45:40 PM »
Soldat, I would suggest you gave Max-OT one more chance, I mean stay with the protocol exclusively one more time.

Why?

I think you would feel great never being the slightest uncertain going into a workout. You've been there, done that sort of. But still hasn't got tired of it. You still know you f**ked up on some of your sets the first time out, some workouts got just little bit mixed up or whatever.

Max-OT gives you the benefit of getting to focus on the diet, since you know the protocol is layed out for you.

With all the success you had in your first weeks, IMHO, you should reconsider your decision.

First time was only to try it out. Now lets smoke it!!!

YIP
Zack aka Motivational speaker Matt Foley
As empty as paradise

soldat

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2004, 04:30:04 PM »
Soldat, I would suggest you gave Max-OT one more chance, I mean stay with the protocol exclusively one more time.

Why?

I think you would feel great never being the slightest uncertain going into a workout. You've been there, done that sort of. But still hasn't got tired of it. You still know you f**ked up on some of your sets the first time out, some workouts got just little bit mixed up or whatever.

Max-OT gives you the benefit of getting to focus on the diet, since you know the protocol is layed out for you.

With all the success you had in your first weeks, IMHO, you should reconsider your decision.

First time was only to try it out. Now lets smoke it!!!

YIP
Zack aka Motivational speaker Matt Foley

Oh I hope I didn't come off as a "quitter"! Someone without "intestinal fortitude"! A "Momma's Boy" or "Wussy"!

Seriously, I figured I'd do another round of it then go back to my more traditional training methods of the past.  The particular program I followed was the introductory one, I think, AST offers others, and I will probably come up with my own based on the principles.  

Thanks for the motivation though!

BigBlock

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2004, 06:48:26 PM »
Soldat, how do you like the 4-6 rep range?  I'm a big fan of it, but then I'm a taller guy who was pretty twiggy before I started lifting and am still trying to build up strength.

soldat

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2004, 06:08:15 AM »
I really like it.  I prefer to hit it at 6 and use 4 as a minimum.  I find it really challenging to keep that number in my mind and doing everything possible to get there short of compromising my form and safety (which is easy to do, if you aren't careful).

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2004, 07:25:47 AM »
You've got some pretty good lifts Soldat! Good work  :D

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2004, 07:55:35 AM »
Yeah, he used this

So, until we all see a pic, and or video of said 'lifts', let's keep the bullshit to a minimum, ok guys. I mean for Christ's sake, kids surf these pages.
X Board. Integrity is what we do

soldat

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2004, 03:03:49 PM »

So, until we all see a pic, and or video of said 'lifts', let's keep the bullshit to a minimum, ok guys. I mean for Christ's sake, kids surf these pages.

Can you post lil movies on here?  

Oh and it touches my heart that you care to research.

FAG.

milk

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2004, 07:30:53 PM »
I'm not strictly following the MAX-OT program, i'm basically doing my own version of it because i'm aiming for lots of strength but no size. I use heavy weights, with reps of 1-3 and it really does tire me out. My muscles are so sore right now.

soldat

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2004, 07:17:54 AM »
Well not to be assuming but it sounds like West Side training style.

matt2

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2004, 04:48:56 PM »
Everyone should know that Max-ot and all the other advise and supplements on their site  www.ast-ss.com   is top notch. Just look at the achievements of skip la cour and jeff willet, they are both natural bodybuilders who use max-ot and ast supps who have won numerous competions competing against drug-using bodybuilders. Also the more you read through their Q&A's the more you know you can trust their knowledge. In my opinion that site is the only source of info for me, not all the other bullshit sites who sell shit stuff and advise.

Anyway what im basically trying to say is use their website with no doubt in what they say about training and nutrition and supps and you will be on the way to MAX results
Stick to the low volume training principles as closly as you can, its designed to have a minimal catabolic effect(muscle breakdown) when compared to higher rep, muscle fatigueing(not overload), longer workouts. This is the key to superior size and strength gains, less catabolism.

soldat

Re: Max-OT/Soldat's experience from it.
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2004, 08:56:18 PM »

Well I took a little bit of a Max-OT break. 

I adopted the West-Side style for about 10 weeks or so.
I've been very pleased with the results.  Some really good workouts are to be had training this way. 

I'm going to going back to the Max-OT here shortly and I am excited about my new strength levels.

Has anyone here (besides those that have posted) gone the route of Max-OT?

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention....

Slippy is a douche  ;D

~thanks~

hairdo

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2004, 05:43:17 AM »
i am on week 12 of maxot and love it.what a change in strenghth  in just 12wks

cheach

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 01:48:29 PM »
DOES MAX OT HAVE AS MUCH AN EFFECT ON SIZE AS IT HAS ON STRENGTH

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2004, 12:28:26 PM »
I'm on the MAX-OT training program and I love it. You get in and out of the gym quick and work up a good sweat as long as you are keeping your breaks short. My weights keep going up which is positive and you never really need a spotter because you are not going to failure. I don't really like how you can't work in cardio though, at least according to what they program perscribes. My body has gotten bigger/fuller since I started doing this though as opposed to a pyramid style.
I love me some me!!!

soldat

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2004, 04:23:17 PM »
There is a Max-OT cardio routine.  It is very intense and most opt to skip it.

stayhungry

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2004, 06:23:04 AM »
hey guys. good to see alot of gaining here. i to am on my 4th week of the max/ot cycle. i love this program and i know that its not all in my head just because its diffrent and heavy. i use to always use dumbells for all my chest exercises cause of my shoulder but i stepped up and am using bench now. i use to always use anywhere from 95 to 105 pounds dumbells for chest but now im doing 245 for 4-6 reps with this program and i feel a diffrent kind of pump and soreness its awesome. all of my lifts have gone up, and a big bearing on that is because im stepping up and lifting more with more intensity. i was 205 when i started. the first week or two i went down about 4 pounds. Now im 210 with less bodyfat and added 3/4 inch to arms and an inch to my chest. im really impressed. their numbers for calories and such are pretty accurate on the site. its working well for me. next week is my fifth week on this cycle. anyways i love this program. keep it up guys.

jakew

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 11:39:07 AM »
what are the rest periods between sets for max-ot. Im about to satrt this program and the website didn't mention it. Or maybe it did and i just need to pay more attention. anyway if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:43 AM »
I tried Max-OT for half a cycle...I found that it was great for strength gains however my size did not increase (i gained a couple pounds but it was mostly fat probably from the volume decrease) and altho i don't business with taping my arms regularily, they appeared to actually lose some size.  I have personally found that when using lower reps more volume is required.  I have had great success with 5x5.

testorage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2005, 03:11:27 AM »
i tried max-ot strictly as what the program indicates, the strength gain was great, my size was growing as well but there was a lack of definition. so i decide to stop for some time and shifted to muscle defining exercises (sets of no less than 15) for 3 months for a show, after which i started juicing and got on 12 week cycle of max-ot, following everything except that i increased the training time to 1.5 hours due to AAS. at the end of the cycle of max-ot, the size gain was significant, and the best part was, my muscles were symetrical!

Bast1

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2005, 08:08:14 AM »
i tried max-ot strictly as what the program indicates, the strength gain was great, my size was growing as well but there was a lack of definition. so i decide to stop for some time and shifted to muscle defining exercises (sets of no less than 15) for 3 months for a show, after which i started juicing and got on 12 week cycle of max-ot, following everything except that i increased the training time to 1.5 hours due to AAS. at the end of the cycle of max-ot, the size gain was significant, and the best part was, my muscles were symetrical!

Man training has nothing to do with definition,  That' what dieting is for, wtf  :-\