Author Topic: Planning under way for Obama holiday  (Read 2451 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Planning under way for Obama holiday
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
http://special.cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml

Planning under way for Obama holiday
The Capital-Journal
Published Sunday, November 09, 2008
Plans are being made to promote a national holiday for Barack Obama, who will become the nation's 44th president when he takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

"Yes We Can" planning rallies will be at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. every Tuesday at the downtown McDonald's restaurant, 1100 Kansas Ave., until Jan. 13. The goals are to secure a national holiday in Obama's honor, to organize celebrations around his inauguration and to celebrate the 200th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln, who was born on Feb. 12 1809.

At 7:30 a.m. on Inauguration Day, Obama Cake will be served at the downtown McDonald's, and a celebration is scheduled for 8 p.m. to midnight Jan. 20 at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center, 420 S.E. 6th.

For more information, contact Sonny Scroggins, (785) 232-3761, 845-6148 or at biasbustersofkansas@yahoo.com; Lamont Lassiter, McDonald's general manager, 608-2739; Ava Chander-Beard, (785) 234-9138, ava.beard@sbcglobal.net

You must log in to post comments

L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Planning under way for Obama holiday
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »
KFC wouldn't host?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
ok thats going too far. we dont need anymore fucking 'national holiday' type shit

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »
U see why some on the far right are abit worried. I god damm guarantee that there would have been no calls for a McCain holiday by our side.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »
and then this.................... ...
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
So they're getting together to celebrate new leadership, new direction in the USA, and it's a bad thing?

Community members planning peaceful meetings to celebrate the grassroots change they helped create, and this is wrong somehow?

Dude, just because the republican party used fear and anger to govern for the last 8 years... it's no reason to shit on people because they're appreciative of their leaders for once.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »
This reminds me of the NBA. Pay a man based on his "potential"

in this case the pay is praise and worship.

We know very little about Obama from a leadership perspective. The jury is still out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 12:30:45 PM »
We know very little about Obama from a leadership perspective. The jury is still out.

Actually - I think the only thing he's proven is that he is a leader.

First, he *led* enough voters to oust the Clinton political machine.
Then, he *led* enough people away from the Repub party to win the election.

He *led* Americans into voting him into the biggest popularity contest on the planet, US President.

There are 100 million Obama followers out there.  You don't get that many dsiciples by not being a leader.

Attack him on any policy, experience, etc.  All valid.  But to say the man cannot lead when he just led 300 million people (and the entire world) to support him being the most powerful man on the planet... that's serious leadership.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 12:36:42 PM »
This reminds me of the NBA. Pay a man based on his "potential"

in this case the pay is praise and worship.

This reminds me of the 8 fucking years of abject failure from republican leadership.

8 of the most fucked up ass-backwards anti-american years this country has seen since the golden McCarthy Era of the 1950s.

How dare the people express themselves.  

Just where in the hell is that nazi-fascist rightwing boot on the throat of the common man?

This kind of 'celebration' must be smashed.

Where the hell is the elevated terror alert?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »

He *led* Americans into voting him into the biggest popularity contest on the planet, US President.

There are 100 million Obama followers out there.  You don't get that many dsiciples by not being a leader.

Attack him on any policy, experience, etc.  All valid.  But to say the man cannot lead when he just led 300 million people (and the entire world) to support him being the most powerful man on the planet... that's serious leadership.

Hitler led....Stalin led...Pol Pot led....he hasn't done shit but outspend the Repubs and hoodwink the populace...just wait. He's already backing off his bullshit claims.
L

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »
So they're getting together to celebrate new leadership, new direction in the USA, and it's a bad thing?

Community members planning peaceful meetings to celebrate the grassroots change they helped create, and this is wrong somehow?

Dude, just because the republican party used fear and anger to govern for the last 8 years... it's no reason to shit on people because they're appreciative of their leaders for once.

What cause is there to celebrate?  He hasn't even done anything to celebrate OR appreciate yet.

And you've got to be kidding me about his "leadership."  He hasn't "led" anything yet except a presidential campaign and it wasn't even him running that.  Anyone can run a great PR campaign but running a country is something else entirely.  I appreciate you wanting to play the part of devil's advocate but that's all bullshit and you know it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 01:00:54 PM »
What cause is there to celebrate?  He hasn't even done anything to celebrate OR appreciate yet.

And you've got to be kidding me about his "leadership."  He hasn't "led" anything yet except a presidential campaign and it wasn't even him running that.  Anyone can run a great PR campaign but running a country is something else entirely.  I appreciate you wanting to play the part of devil's advocate but that's all bullshit and you know it.

Many are celebrating the defeat of Dubya and his fearmongering.  Remember how angry Palin was during the debates?  Remember Mccain's inability to admit Bush mistakes, save for that one slip-up/meltdown a week out?

Many are celebrating we don't have a guy in charge who reads "my pet goat' after learning we're under attack.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »
Many are celebrating the defeat of Dubya and his fearmongering.  Remember how angry Palin was during the debates?  Remember Mccain's inability to admit Bush mistakes, save for that one slip-up/meltdown a week out?

Many are celebrating we don't have a guy in charge who reads "my pet goat' after learning we're under attack.
yes yes its all fear mongering  ::) you fuking twit...this have nothing to do with obama which is what they are getting together to celebrate moron. He is right he hasnt done shit yet and you know it, who wouldnt admit their mistakes "the surge"? Again you wonder why we call this guy your savior well take a good long look at yourself 240 and maybe you will realize why.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 01:10:07 PM »
From Blackfive.net

Anyone would think we had just elected a hip, skinny and youthful replacement for God, with a plan to modernise Heaven and Hell – or that at the very least John Lennon had come back from the dead.

The swooning frenzy over the choice of Barack Obama as President of the United States must be one of the most absurd waves of self-deception and swirling fantasy ever to sweep through an advanced civilisation. At least Mandela-worship – its nearest equivalent – is focused on a man who actually did something.

I really don’t see how the Obama devotees can ever in future mock the Moonies, the Scientologists or people who claim to have been abducted in flying saucers. This is a cult like the one which grew up around Princess Diana, bereft of reason and hostile to facts.

L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »
From Blackfive.net

Anyone would think we had just elected a hip, skinny and youthful replacement for God, with a plan to modernise Heaven and Hell – or that at the very least John Lennon had come back from the dead.

The swooning frenzy over the choice of Barack Obama as President of the United States must be one of the most absurd waves of self-deception and swirling fantasy ever to sweep through an advanced civilisation. At least Mandela-worship – its nearest equivalent – is focused on a man who actually did something.

I really don’t see how the Obama devotees can ever in future mock the Moonies, the Scientologists or people who claim to have been abducted in flying saucers. This is a cult like the one which grew up around Princess Diana, bereft of reason and hostile to facts.

Come on HH.  Give Peace A Chance.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
We tried that......Germany invaded Poland....North Korea invaded South Korea....Saddam invaded Kuwait....u get the picture.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »
The bitterness is so amusing.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
We tried that......Germany invaded Poland....North Korea invaded South Korea....Saddam invaded Kuwait....u get the picture.
You don't really believe that peace initiatives are the cause of those conflicts, do you?

Germany was driven by a power mad dictatorial fascist...not a peacenik.

North Korea and south Korea....who knows what those little yellow devils will do.

Saddam invaded Kuwait with the US's tacit approval...according to April Glaspie.  Kuwait, he alleged, was tapping Iraqi oil illegally.

Why blame the people pushing for peace?  If Homer is right and war is a condition of humanity, don't we need the peaceniks as a counterbalance to the warmongers?  Otherwise war would never take a break.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 01:29:56 PM »
No...I'm saying that folks thought we had peace...we got promises and words while the bad guys continued to make plans. Obama is all about the showy peace plams, handshakes...peace in our time crap.

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the foe, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the next war

Just like yesterday
No, no!
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 01:32:09 PM »
No...I'm saying that folks thought we had peace...we got promises and words while the bad guys continued to make plans. Obama is all about the showy peace plams, handshakes...peace in our time crap.

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

Just like yesterday

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the foe, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the next war

Just like yesterday
No, no!

I don't equate all efforts for peace as some iterations of Neville Chamberlain's effort prior to WWII.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 01:37:12 PM »
We're dealing with people who think Obama is weak. They were afraid of Bush and scared stiff of McCain.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »
We're dealing with people who think Obama is weak. They were afraid of Bush and scared stiff of McCain.
Maybe they aren't afraid of Obama.  But they certainly respect the office and the military under that office's command.

Would you agree with that?

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
Maybe they aren't afraid of Obama.  But they certainly respect the office and the military under that office's command.

Would you agree with that?

I think Obama needs to make them respect the office, otherwise they will tear him apart.

Watch what will start happening any day now. The insurgence will start active up as they believe they can make us leave in defeat.

As soon as the transition is near they will be giving us everything they got to rack us as much kills as they can to make the war look bad and the public outcry will be so great that Obama will get us out of there prematurely.

It will be vietnam all over again. Nixon had Vietnam won. They went to France to sign a peace treaty and then nixon was impeached and the democrats said FU we are out! then 1,000,000 south Vietnemese were slaughtered.

I HOPE that wont be the case, but you can see the writing on the wall.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

You suck at math, he had a few percentile lead, he have just as much people hating him than loving him.

You are a blind trailer trash that think he will finally be accepted by the people who shunned away from you because you now have a common denominator.

This article makes me very sad, if you can't see it you have gone too far to ever get back.  

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »
I think Obama needs to make them respect the office, otherwise they will tear him apart.

Watch what will start happening any day now. The insurgence will start active up as they believe they can make us leave in defeat.

As soon as the transition is near they will be giving us everything they got to rack us as much kills as they can to make the war look bad and the public outcry will be so great that Obama will get us out of there prematurely.

It will be vietnam all over again. Nixon had Vietnam won. They went to France to sign a peace treaty and then nixon was impeached and the democrats said FU we are out! then 1,000,000 south Vietnemese were slaughtered.

I HOPE that wont be the case, but you can see the writing on the wall.
Since Obama ran on a platform of phased withdrawal from Iraq, I don't see the problem with 'victory'.  Victory was declared years ago and the Iraq people have to stand on their own feet.  We created the problem there and we spent over half a trillion dollars to 'help' the Iraqi people recover from that onslaught.  They don't want us there anymore.  Our countrymen don't want us there, and whatever victory might look like to you, the fact of the matter is that we simply cannot afford to keep Iraq on the dole any longer.