Author Topic: tell me some observations from the gym you go to  (Read 7956 times)

Schoolboy #1

• Getbig I
Re: tell me some observations from the gym you go to
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »
Group of Vietnam Vets that train every morning between 8-10 am. The gym seems to be more of a social gathering for them than actual working out. Still good guys though.

In the last 2 years lots of Arab guys joined. Have NO CLUE how to train. They do a set of bicep curls, pose, set of bench press, pose, set of quad extensions, pose...repeat a few times. Walked in on them in the locker room hitting calf shots and when they saw me they just pretended like they were just drying their hands.

One huge juicer...about 6'1" close to 300 lbs. Really massive, always trains with a tank top. He's got the reddish/pink skin tone and glistens with sweat.

The "girl" behind the desk when you first walk in is at least 50 + lbs overweight. One of the most disgusting women I have ever laid eyes upon.

Only a handful of serious bodybuilders. Every Saturday morning a powerlifting crew comes in and takes over the squat racks, not a big deal since people only use them for shrugs.

An old power lifter who limps like he needs a cane comes in with his wife and does crazy powerlifting movements.

Hot Asian girl who comes in and does the hoola hoop for 20-30 minutes in the aerobics room.

Crazy?  Really? As in bench, squat and dead?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »
I go to the same gym as Goudy.
And I've observed 40 year old men acting like 12 year old girls, throwing temper tantrums and huffing with other gym members.  Pathetic.

Haha Shoolboy actually drove a 40year old to madness by saying 'I would prefer if you dont talk to me when i am benching' and carrying on nonchalantly...was very funny...guy threatened to kick ass but every time he has been in the gym with Schoolboy not a word was said by the older guy LOL

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »
Crazy?  Really? As in bench, squat and dead?

I wasn't clear enough. Assistance powerlifting work. Putting 2x4s on his chest and benching, benching off the floor in the squat rack with the pins set very low..makes one hell of a noise when he drops the bar. Connecting elastic bands to the bar and benching...etc.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
Ha ha Shelby actually drove a 40year old to madness by saying 'I would prefer if you dint talk to me when i am benching' and carrying on nonchalantly...was very funny...guy threatened to kick ass but every time he has been in the gym with Schoolboy not a word was said by the older guy LOL

He was right. People should shut up while others are training, unless they know it's ok. We have a member who says "Well I don't think I can handle it" (on a semi relaxed manner) to his spotter while benching a little too heavy.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »
Goudy funny story about the girl ha

There is this one fat ass guy, we're talkin obese, with long hair who wears a skintight bodysuit.  The only reason i really noticed him was that he literally takes so long in the lockeroom to get dressed.  I had the misfortune of being next to his locker a few times.  I really think he just likes to be naked in the locker room. He puts on all his shirts , headband, and IPOD on before even puttin on his boxers.  The whole time he is facin out from his locker towards the rst of the locker room.

After gettin out of the shower a different time he sat with his wet bare ass on the bench for a good 3 or 4 minutes and was still tehre when i left. 

People like that creep me out.
Valhalla awaits.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2008, 03:59:21 AM »
Goudy funny story about the girl ha

There is this one fat ass guy, we're talkin obese, with long hair who wears a skintight bodysuit.  The only reason i really noticed him was that he literally takes so long in the lockeroom to get dressed.  I had the misfortune of being next to his locker a few times.  I really think he just likes to be naked in the locker room. He puts on all his shirts , headband, and IPOD on before even puttin on his boxers.  The whole time he is facin out from his locker towards the rst of the locker room.

After gettin out of the shower a different time he sat with his wet bare ass on the bench for a good 3 or 4 minutes and was still tehre when i left. 

People like that creep me out.

That's the reason I'm glad my gym, well it's rather a oldschool weightlifting club, doesn't have a shower.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2008, 04:19:51 AM »
Lots of Chaldeans at my gym.
:-X i feel 4 you ..

let me guess ...Powerhouse ...next to big beaver ?

Farmington Hills Powerhouse ? ( I got a funny incident there ... told some tough ass chaldean to answer his cell phone as it rang on and on and on and  loud ... he mouthed off. . next time he's in the gym w/ 6 of his buddies and they were looking like they wanted to do something ... next time I bump into him at the blue oyster in birmingham and he get on the cellie and like 12 chaldeans come rushing in barely missing me as I was making my exist ...it was packed ..cocky...annoying, all badasses with their crew .. this kidis a kid who comes frommoney and likes to hang out with hard guys. My training par5tener at that time was Eric Stocz ...ex tight end for the Lions...they gave him some looks but Eric was a semicelebrity so next they wanted to be buddy buddy w/ him so they invited him to hang out ... I'm a friendly person but hated most chaldeans ... nasty race  )

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2008, 04:23:43 AM »
Farmington always had that awesome Golds,  why bother with the Powerhouse there?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2008, 04:40:18 AM »
Farmington always had that awesome Golds,  why bother with the Powerhouse there?
remindme where the gold's at ?

we went there cause we lived in the apartaments in west bloomfild right across from west bloomfield sports club where we worked .. eric as a personal trainer and me as a tennis pro. It was close to us ...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2008, 05:10:03 AM »
90% of the members look the same as the day they started, if not worse

the personal trainers don't know how to train themselves, let alone somebody else

a few middle aged women like to train in open toed heels

most guys never bench a weight they can handle for more than 6 reps

frail old men like to give advice to larger younger men and they claim to have been huge in their younger days

many guys with twig legs leg press over a 1000 lbs with ease, which tells me big weights don't equal big muscles
every "expert" is either obese or skinny

E

LOL good list

But no...big weights AND a full ROM make big muscles.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
LOL good list

But no...big weights AND a full ROM make big muscles.

yeah i guess the full ROM helps, i forgot to mention that they basically do quarter reps

E
E

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »
My gym has a lot of "clones" walking around. Basically all have the same look. Some juiced up guys who like to walk with their lats fully spread, have absurd   "I'm a cage fighter" expressions on their face, ridiculous poorly done tribal tatoos and assorted bad ink jobs all over, the mandatory shaved head or crew cut with obligatory goatees, grunting at the top of their lungs. LOL I probably just pissed off half the getbiggers who no doubt have "adopted" this style in their quest to resemble what they think a weightlifter needs to look like.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
My gym has a lot of "clones" walking around. Basically all have the same look. Some juiced up guys who like to walk with their lats fully spread, have absurd   "I'm a cage fighter" expressions on their face, ridiculous poorly done tribal tatoos and assorted bad ink jobs all over, the mandatory shaved head or crew cut with obligatory goatees, grunting at the top of their lungs. LOL I probably just pissed off half the getbiggers who no doubt have "adopted" this style in their quest to resemble what they think a weightlifter needs to look like.

Haha, right said Fred! I'm fortunate that I don't train in a commercial gym anymore, so no more typical meatheads with ego's as big as a whale, dump cardio babes with iPods or smiling fitness homo's in my space  :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »
I've had that style for 16-17 years. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008, 04:56:53 AM »
I've had that style for 16-17 years. >:(
Ok, well if you were one of the early ones, then that's perfectly cool. You're one of the leaders. Nothing wrong with the style, just think there are too many imitators and followers.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 05:02:14 AM »
Everybody's a cage fighter...

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2008, 05:16:19 AM »
3 girls for 150 members, a deadllift squat plateform, 5 bench press, ton of weight, chalk everywhere.
asstropin

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
Typical Fat Slobs on the treadmill

40+ year old men still living the dream ::) ::)

The little twat nuthuggers that follow you around and do every ego set you can imagine ::) ::)

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
anything

this one dude never showers. It is terrifying!
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »
Mostly getbigger types with this....
That would be called FLS, "Fake Lat Syndrome". I hate when i see that shit.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2008, 10:42:49 AM »
My gym has a bunch of old people people that are dressed to the nine's in Under Armour.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
Instead of talkin about everyone else in the gym I'll describe myself.   I'm always quiet and always have headphones on listening to my IPOD.   When both men and women pass by and we make eye contact I always politely smile and nod my head to acknowledge them.   I occassionally talk to a few people very briefly.  I never yell, I never talk on a cell, I never carry a gallon of water.   Items I do bring each workout include wrist wraps and my IPOD clipped to my clothes.....sometimes I take a weight belt.  I don't ever slam weights, I don't ever yell during sets, but I will grit my teeth on a heavy set and probably turn a little red.   I wipe off equipment I use.  I say "please" and "excuse me" and "pardon me" and I always try to let people work in that would like to; although, I don't get many asking to work in....1 or 2 here and there.  I don't mind asking anyone for a spot, but I keep my asking to a minimum and do the weightlifting myself.  I never walk with my arms or thighs flared out.  I always wear sleeves.   I never give advice and on those rare occassions if I'm asked a "lifting question" I always say something like, "I'm no kind of trainer, but this is what works for me," and I lay it out simply. 

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2008, 02:24:34 PM »
anything
seeing bluto cleaning the showers in the gym but never works out  ;D
p

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2018, 07:40:50 AM »
here is a picture  :D
                                            you train with howard ??? ??? ???
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2018, 07:42:01 AM »
Old men, old irons. The only woman are the Playmates on the wall.

I'm not on that picture, still too green for that
                  would not hit ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F