Author Topic: Bulking on very few carbs?  (Read 16339 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bulking on very few carbs?
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »
We ALL go through those phases

then we eventually find our niche: Big guy or Lean guy (most big AND lean guys are either juiced or have INSANE genes)

I'm actually bulking now, but to be honest, I don't have appetite to eat that much anymore

I think i'm gonna cut it short and go back to normal

yeah, waking up this morning, i looked at these pics again and said F it... it's time to start EATING again!

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »
the point is you have to look good in a bad light...not in nearly dark ::)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2008, 08:50:35 AM »
carbs are good for you why fear them? unless on a diet of course...

1.5g per lb of bw at least yip yip
tank u jesus

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:20 AM »
the best way in my opinion, to get lean, is by doing moderate carb, LOW fat, high protein.  but the key here is eating only carbs that are HIGH in fiber and that are low glycemic.  the main source of carbs that i eat are oatmeal, beans, and sometimes yams. i totally stay away from rice, wheat bread and potatoes. and noo, it is impossible to gain muscle weight when one is doing low carb! its just not gonna happen.  rather your better of bringing in a healthy amount of high fiberous, low glycemic carbs (200-250 grams per day) along with about 200-250 grams of protein.  as for fats, i will eat whole eggs, about 4-6 per day.  also when i cook my chicken, (bbq or boiled) i leave the skin on and eat that as well. so the above diet with about 50 grams of fat per day would come out to around 2500 calories per day.  when i get hungry, ill throwin a protein drink with an apple or an orange.  and when i get the late night munchies, ill eat an orange or devour an apple.  works great for me.  i actually have a client who is on a diet that i made for him and he actually says it is too much food and is still losing body fat weekly. remember, carbs are GOOD, just make sure they are high in fiber, low glycemic, and that you combine them with a low fat protein source.  all the fat will come off and youll still have nergy and glycogen to recover and grow.  good luck.

-chris

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2008, 09:28:13 AM »
6 Reasons why you won't grow muscle - by Chris Aceto
by Chris Aceto

No doubt, you've heard the old saying "A wise man is one who learns from his mistakes." But, have you heard how to define a brilliant man? He's the one who learns from other people's mistakes. Avoiding flub-ups, is half the game in getting big. Sure you have to know what to do, but it is equally important to know what not to do what to avoid so that you can make steady, plateau-free gains in mass and size. This issue, I'll share with you what I see as some of the, well, dumb things, bodybuilders do that hold back their progress and gains.

1) Fear Of Carbohydrates
Get over it! There is no place in mass building nutrition for a low carb or even a modified low carb diet. Carbohydrates are essential for building mass and increasing protein synthesis the body's ability to take the protein you eat and convert it into muscle tissue. Without a sufficient intake in carbs, you risk falling into a catabolic state because carbohydrates are the driving force that help protein build new muscle mass. If you are training hard, you'll need at least 2 grams per pound of bodyweight on training days and 1.5 grams on off training or rest days.

2) Too Little Fat
The two major nutrients that build mass are protein and carbohydrates. Third in the group is dietary fat, yet a lot of bodybuilders or fitness fanatics go to the extreme and skew dietary fat fearing some fat may increase body fat levels. Thatıs not so. Fat helps alleviate the body's reliance upon carbohydrates and proteins which simply means those mass builders can do just that build or support gains in mass as long as you have an adequate intake of dietary fat. Whatıs adequate? Without getting technical, you should eat at least 30 grams of protein daily from lean red meat, have at least 1 egg yolk daily, a tablespoon of olive oil and eat salmon 3 times a week. Red meat and egg yolks provide saturated fats, building blocks for testosterone and insulin, olive oil has actually been shown to support fat metabolism and omega-3 fats, the special ones in salmon support the formation of muscle glycogen and fight muscle inflammation.

3) Failing to Eat Enough Before Training
Youıve likely heard of the "post training window," the 60-90 minute time frame after training that is critical in recovery. The idea is that eating immediately after you train kicks on the recovery and growth process. In my opinion, what you eat before training is even more critical. Thatıs because the total amount of carbohydrates and protein in the blood immediately before training plays a direct role in how much catabolic muscle wasting hormones will be secreted with training. The fewer catabolic hormones you release, the more you will grow over the long haul. Thatıs why I suggest 20-35 grams of protein powder with 60-80 grams of carbs just 45 minutes before training. It supports growth by suppressing the release of the hormones that interfere with building muscle.

4) Not Enough Meals
You can grow on 4 meals a day, and certainly on 5, but for the hard gainer or the individual who adds too much body fat while trying to "bulk" might need to try 7 meals a day. Yes it's a pain, meaning you have to eat something a small meal or shake every 90 minutes but it is often the single biggest factor that helps many overcome that hump and add good size. Why? Metabolism. Seven meals keeps the metabolism humming not only the fat burning metabolism so you add fat free mass, but also protein metabolism. The body is always in a protein flux, using and shuttling proteins around the body, and seven meals seems to increase protein synthesis build up - which leads to growth.

5) Maintaining The Same Diet
I have read many times where bodybuilders mix up their training routine, not performing the same monotonous routine week after week. The reasoning: the body adapts to the "same old, same old" and fails to grow. Thereıs some truth there with nutrition as well. In particular, after 2-3 weeks, the body adapts to the point where in order to gain mass or to re-stimulate any serious amount of growth, you have to shock the body with a high calorie intake. That means taking a day and eating significantly more carbs and protein than normal to get the body to grow. The high calorie intake increases anabolic hormones which allows you to grow even where previous gains may have stagnated.

6) Failing to Use the Right Tools To Re-Evaluate.
Gaining mass does not have to be too complicated. If the bathroom scale is going up, you are adding mass. Period. Sure you could be adding body fat too, but there is no arguing with the scale. If itıs upward, you are on track. Itıs mind boggling to me the number of people who think they can add mass without seeing an increase in bodyweight! The other tool to use is a tape measure. If the scale is going up and your waist measurement is staying the same, then you are likely adding a lot more muscle mass then body fat. If you see an increase of more than ½ an inch in the waist, then you might need to reconsider your nutrition plan and cut down on the portion sizes of your carbohydrates. Skin calipers? With the best athletes in the world, I have never relied on them. I use the basics the scale and a tape measure!

Chris Aceto won the Collegiate Mr. America while graduating with honors from Springfield College with a degree in Exercise Science. He has since made a career out of coaching the bodybuilding's top contenders, including Jay Cutler and heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield. He is a regular contributor in Muscle & Fitness and FLEX magazines, and CEO of Nutramedia.com.
tank u jesus

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »
So I wonder if Iggy follows the infamous AD principles too.  ;D Ya gotta admit there is a resemblance. I'm willing to bet Iggy also drinks his fair share of alcohol too although I doubt it's wine. He prob only gets about 50 grams of protein a day too. The only thing you guys probably don't have in common is he probably hits the weights more than you do. Oh and just to point out, Iggy's not flexing and hasn't pumped up either.  ;D
Yeah, Timberwolf is really skinny isn't he?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »
Yeah, Timberwolf is really skinny isn't he?

Since Adam won't post them, is there anyone out there that can list the "principles"?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »

Since Adam won't post them, is there anyone out there that can list the "principles"?

Here ya go:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=232398.0

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2008, 10:24:29 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »
6 Reasons why you won't grow muscle - by Chris Aceto
by Chris Aceto

No doubt, you've heard the old saying "A wise man is one who learns from his mistakes." But, have you heard how to define a brilliant man? He's the one who learns from other people's mistakes. Avoiding flub-ups, is half the game in getting big. Sure you have to know what to do, but it is equally important to know what not to do what to avoid so that you can make steady, plateau-free gains in mass and size. This issue, I'll share with you what I see as some of the, well, dumb things, bodybuilders do that hold back their progress and gains.

1) Fear Of Carbohydrates
Get over it! There is no place in mass building nutrition for a low carb or even a modified low carb diet. Carbohydrates are essential for building mass and increasing protein synthesis the body's ability to take the protein you eat and convert it into muscle tissue. Without a sufficient intake in carbs, you risk falling into a catabolic state because carbohydrates are the driving force that help protein build new muscle mass. If you are training hard, you'll need at least 2 grams per pound of bodyweight on training days and 1.5 grams on off training or rest days.

2) Too Little Fat
The two major nutrients that build mass are protein and carbohydrates. Third in the group is dietary fat, yet a lot of bodybuilders or fitness fanatics go to the extreme and skew dietary fat fearing some fat may increase body fat levels. Thatıs not so. Fat helps alleviate the body's reliance upon carbohydrates and proteins which simply means those mass builders can do just that build or support gains in mass as long as you have an adequate intake of dietary fat. Whatıs adequate? Without getting technical, you should eat at least 30 grams of protein daily from lean red meat, have at least 1 egg yolk daily, a tablespoon of olive oil and eat salmon 3 times a week. Red meat and egg yolks provide saturated fats, building blocks for testosterone and insulin, olive oil has actually been shown to support fat metabolism and omega-3 fats, the special ones in salmon support the formation of muscle glycogen and fight muscle inflammation.

3) Failing to Eat Enough Before Training
Youıve likely heard of the "post training window," the 60-90 minute time frame after training that is critical in recovery. The idea is that eating immediately after you train kicks on the recovery and growth process. In my opinion, what you eat before training is even more critical. Thatıs because the total amount of carbohydrates and protein in the blood immediately before training plays a direct role in how much catabolic muscle wasting hormones will be secreted with training. The fewer catabolic hormones you release, the more you will grow over the long haul. Thatıs why I suggest 20-35 grams of protein powder with 60-80 grams of carbs just 45 minutes before training. It supports growth by suppressing the release of the hormones that interfere with building muscle.

4) Not Enough Meals
You can grow on 4 meals a day, and certainly on 5, but for the hard gainer or the individual who adds too much body fat while trying to "bulk" might need to try 7 meals a day. Yes it's a pain, meaning you have to eat something a small meal or shake every 90 minutes but it is often the single biggest factor that helps many overcome that hump and add good size. Why? Metabolism. Seven meals keeps the metabolism humming not only the fat burning metabolism so you add fat free mass, but also protein metabolism. The body is always in a protein flux, using and shuttling proteins around the body, and seven meals seems to increase protein synthesis build up - which leads to growth.

5) Maintaining The Same Diet
I have read many times where bodybuilders mix up their training routine, not performing the same monotonous routine week after week. The reasoning: the body adapts to the "same old, same old" and fails to grow. Thereıs some truth there with nutrition as well. In particular, after 2-3 weeks, the body adapts to the point where in order to gain mass or to re-stimulate any serious amount of growth, you have to shock the body with a high calorie intake. That means taking a day and eating significantly more carbs and protein than normal to get the body to grow. The high calorie intake increases anabolic hormones which allows you to grow even where previous gains may have stagnated.

6) Failing to Use the Right Tools To Re-Evaluate.
Gaining mass does not have to be too complicated. If the bathroom scale is going up, you are adding mass. Period. Sure you could be adding body fat too, but there is no arguing with the scale. If itıs upward, you are on track. Itıs mind boggling to me the number of people who think they can add mass without seeing an increase in bodyweight! The other tool to use is a tape measure. If the scale is going up and your waist measurement is staying the same, then you are likely adding a lot more muscle mass then body fat. If you see an increase of more than ½ an inch in the waist, then you might need to reconsider your nutrition plan and cut down on the portion sizes of your carbohydrates. Skin calipers? With the best athletes in the world, I have never relied on them. I use the basics the scale and a tape measure!

Chris Aceto won the Collegiate Mr. America while graduating with honors from Springfield College with a degree in Exercise Science. He has since made a career out of coaching the bodybuilding's top contenders, including Jay Cutler and heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield. He is a regular contributor in Muscle & Fitness and FLEX magazines, and CEO of Nutramedia.com.

Great list, very useful info, thanks!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »
Wave am I correct in that you are the one who put these together? If so I am not so sure that I want to critique them unless Adam agres taht they are in fact his.

The current version of the Adonis Diet Principles for dieting down while preserving as much muscle mass as possible goes like this (TA, please feel free to correct me at any time):

The Principles, rules that must be followed:

P1) minimum daily protein intake of 1 g/lb lean body weight,
P2) variety of food good enough for proper nutrient intake (e.g. follow USRDA),
P3) deficiency of calories which leads to 1-3 lbs of weight loss per week,
P4) hard anaerobic resistance training at least 3 times a week,
P5) 5-8 hours of sleep per day, depending on individual requirements.

The Myths, factors of minimal, no, or even negative influence:

M1) ratio of macro nutrients other than defined by P1 and P2,
M2) abandonment of alcohol,
M3) intake of "supplements",
M4) proper spacing of meals during the day,
M5) cardio training.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2008, 12:22:18 PM »
I was just joking, Boost knows that.
Any pics of your physique?

Haha not that I'm gonna post on here, everyone gets torn apart on here no matter how good they look. I can tell you I'm 300lb ripped though, year-round  :)I simply meant btw that even the most experienced BBs don't mind admitting that there is always new stuff they can learn about their body and how it reacts to different food. Anyway, whatever I'm probably melting down, I just can't let BS go sometimes.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2008, 12:36:04 PM »
Adonis Principles in Action.

thats kane, aka timberwolf, And I help him with his diet for photo shoots adam. You're a fucking liar and just got caught. kane wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire. I talk with him everday.  And I just spoke to him, he claims he doesnt even know who the hell you are but hes honored you think hes worthy of your nobodyness..I can have him sign up here if you like to make you look like a fucking retard or you can just stop lying while you're ahead.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
Wave am I correct in that you are the one who put these together? If so I am not so sure that I want to critique them unless Adam agres taht they are in fact his.

The current version of the Adonis Diet Principles for dieting down while preserving as much muscle mass as possible goes like this (TA, please feel free to correct me at any time):

The Principles, rules that must be followed:

P1) minimum daily protein intake of 1 g/lb lean body weight,
P2) variety of food good enough for proper nutrient intake (e.g. follow USRDA),
P3) deficiency of calories which leads to 1-3 lbs of weight loss per week,
P4) hard anaerobic resistance training at least 3 times a week,
P5) 5-8 hours of sleep per day, depending on individual requirements.

The Myths, factors of minimal, no, or even negative influence:

M1) ratio of macro nutrients other than defined by P1 and P2,
M2) abandonment of alcohol,
M3) intake of "supplements",
M4) proper spacing of meals during the day,
M5) cardio training.

It was more like I started a few threads about my diet and TA chimed in saying that I was basically following his principles. So I started the mentioned thread to have them written out in a clear fashion. They were refined somewhat in the process of the thread, and TA also chimed in a few times. I'm pretty sure he approves of the final version as it is right now.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »
Haha not that I'm gonna post on here, everyone gets torn apart on here no matter how good they look. I can tell you I'm 300lb ripped though, year-round  :)I simply meant btw that even the most experienced BBs don't mind admitting that there is always new stuff they can learn about their body and how it reacts to different food. Anyway, whatever I'm probably melting down, I just can't let BS go sometimes.

No problem, I'm always willing to learn.

Hubert Cumberdale

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »
thats kane, aka timberwolf, And I help him with his diet for photo shoots adam. You're a fucking liar and just got caught. kane wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire. I talk with him everday.
Hahahahha ok "toolarge4u"... Is that name made in reference to the circumference of your butthole?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »
you need carbs

i kept my best look on protien bar diets and beans
A

Hubert Cumberdale

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »
you need carbs

i kept my best look on protien bar diets and beans

You mean this one? Fuck... when are you going to die? Nobody takes you seriously on this forum. We keep you here like a pet monkey and pull the strings and watch you slowly shrivel away hahahahahha. What does beans and protein bars have anything to do with carbs anyway dipshit? Those aren't even good carb sources.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
Hahahahha ok "toolarge4u"... Is that name made in reference to the circumference of your butthole?

no its for your dead mothers... and your gay father. Nice gimmick fuck whistle.

Hubert Cumberdale

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2008, 01:14:54 PM »
no its for your dead mothers... and your gay father. Nice gimmick fuck whistle.
I'd imagine that the body has wasted away to skeletal remains.... In that sense, looking at the skinny little bitch in your avatar id say you are just a little above par with their size. Congratulations on humiliating yourself in a thong in front of an audience.

Hubert Cumberdale

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2008, 01:17:01 PM »

HBhahahahahahah hey look waddy. He even has fucked up meth teeth like you do!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
Show me a lifetime natural sprinter with the size and condition of Adonis.

i can show you highschool running backs and db's who put your hero to shame.

your welcome.
b

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »
I'd imagine that the body has wasted away to skeletal remains.... In that sense, looking at the skinny little bitch in your avatar id say you are just a little above par with their size. Congratulations on humiliating yourself in a thong in front of an audience.

fucking weak Adonis... ::) Hiding behind a gimmick. Fag coward as usual. Little bitch nazi confused about why he likes cock so much.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
i can show you highschool running backs and db's who put your hero to shame.
your welcome.

please proceed, pics (lifetime natties only)?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2008, 01:44:03 PM »
please proceed, pics (lifetime natties only)?

sorry cupcake, i'm not about to spend my day hunting down pics of highscool kids for you.

b