Author Topic: My ongoing views on diet and nutrition  (Read 9412 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: My ongoing views on diet and nutrition
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »
Glycogen storage in the muscle tissues.

Deplete, deplete the body then he overcompensate. Isn't it how the body works?
yeah... but obviously jim knows something we dont. thats why pros will go to him for help.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »
Does this mean anything?  :D

Int J Sport Nutr. 1992 Dec;2(4):328-34.Links
    Effects of carbohydrate loading and weight-lifting on muscle girth.
    Balon TW, Horowitz JF, Fitzsimmons KM.

Dept. of Diabetes, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010.

Bodybuilders have used different carbohydrate loading regimens in conjunction with resistance exercise prior to competition in the belief that this would result in increased muscle size. To investigate this possibility, muscle girth measurements were obtained from nine weight-trained males before and after a control (standard isocaloric diet) and an experimental trial (carbohydrate loading). The latter regimen consisted of 3 days of intense weight-lifting while the subjects ingested a diet of 10% carbohydrate (CHO), 57% fat (F), and 33% protein (P), followed by 3 days of light weight-lifting and a day of rest while ingesting a diet of 80% CHO, 5% F, and 15% P. The control trial consisted of an identical weight-lifting regimen while subjects ingested an isocaloric (45 kcal/kg BW/day) diet. Body weight and girths (forearm, upper arm, chest, thigh, waist, and calf) were obtained before and after each trial in a relaxed and flexed state. The results indicate that an exercise/carbohydrate loading regimen had no significant effect on muscle girth as compared to the control trial. It is concluded that CHO loading has no additional advantage to enhancing muscle girth in bodybuilders over weight-lifting alone.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »
Does this mean anything?  :D

Well....three days of low carb then another three days of their 'loading' probably WOULDNT show anything IMO.  Hit low carb for 5 - 6 days with a 'load' then tell us you dont experience a difference in circumference.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
Jim how much do you typically charge for contest prep?

Sorry for the late reply bro. I am currently not training people anymore.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »
Well....three days of low carb then another three days of their 'loading' probably WOULDNT show anything IMO.  Hit low carb for 5 - 6 days with a 'load' then tell us you dont experience a difference in circumference.

Why would circumference matter anyway? It would be minimal. Carbs sodium and water will make a huge difference in as little as a couple of hours.  ;)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »

Sorry for the late reply bro. I am currently not training people anymore.

King isn't a person?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 09:25:39 PM »
King isn't a person?

No he's a mutant.  ;)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »
Why would circumference matter anyway? It would be minimal. Carbs sodium and water will make a huge difference in as little as a couple of hours.  ;)

Only reason I brought up circumference was the study that was quoted talked about muscle 'girth'.