Author Topic: Dr Scott Connelly on the radio - He is tackling Adonis Principles!!!!  (Read 15702 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Dr Scott Connelly on the radio - He is tackling Adonis Principles!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 07:36:29 PM »
I am being serious. He commented the other day that he would post if for me.
I found it easily.  From over a year ago.  Like I said, it is pretty simple and can be applied in a few different ways.  I don`t think I will bother explaining how to apply it to get real time results as the lot of you are easily confused with the most simple of concepts.  8)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=160706.msg2259018;topicseen#msg2259018

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »
Also Note that you have to figure in the amount of water lost per fat gram or lb yourself.  I figured it is self-evident, but I am sure it will fly over some.

Also, keep in mind that this is just examining a trend and that the longer the adherence, the more accurate.  Virtually the same thing for all statistical and plottable data.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
I found it easily.  From over a year ago.  Like I said, it is pretty simple and can be applied in a few different ways.  I don`t think I will bother explaining how to apply it to get real time results as the lot of you are easily confused with the most simple of concepts.  8)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=160706.msg2259018;topicseen#msg2259018

Thanks

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »
Also Note that you have to figure in the amount of water lost per fat gram or lb yourself.  I figured it is self-evident, but I am sure it will fly over some.

Also, keep in mind that this is just examining a trend and that the longer the adherence, the more accurate.  Virtually the same thing for all statistical and plottable data.

so please enlighten us as to how much water is lost per gram of fat. As you said some of us arent bright enough.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:41 PM »
I am pretty damn sure Adonis once said you could drink nothing but pepsi to meet your caloric needs and you would have the same results
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=232398.0

Learn how to read and comprehend.  :)

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »
well?
I am curious as to how much water one would lose with every gram of fat. Please help.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
      The largest component of the body is water. Water makes up between 45 and 75% of body weight, with the variability due primarily to differences in body fat. While most tissues including muscle, skin, and visceral organs are over 70% water, adipose tissue contains less than 10% water. The percentage of body weight that is water therefore varies inversely with body fat. In the average lean adult male around 60% of the body weight is water. The remaining body weight consists of 16-18% fat with 22-24% protein, carbohydrate and other solids. In the female the percentage of body weight that is water is lower due to a relatively greater amount of subcutaneous fat.

Body water is broken down into the following compartments:

Intracellular fluid (2/3 of Body Water)
Extracellular fluid (1/3 of Body Water)
Plasma (1/5 of Extracellular fluid)
Interstitial fluid (4/5 of Extracellular fluid)
Transcellular fluid (normally ignored in calculations)
Contained inside organs, such as the gastrointestinal, cerebrospinal, and ocular fluids.
The simplest calculation is the 60-40-20 rule.

Total Body Water = 60% of Body Weight
Intracellular fluid = 40% of Body Weight
Extracellular fluid = 20% of Body Weight
This is consistent with the above relations between total body water and the compartmental fluids.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »
"a calories is a calorie" - no shit...it's a measure of energy. 1 gram of carbohydrate contains the same amount of potential energy in the form of heat if you burned it as a gram of protein.

"a macronutrient is not a macronutrient" - right. How your body metabolizes the macronutrients is all different.

As far as I know, the Adonis principles state that you need to consume the RDA amount of protein per day and the rest of your calories can be from any source. So long as you consume less calories than your body burns, you will lose weight.

I don't have a problem with this theory - we've seen Adonis's results. He got more ripped than most people who eat super strict, tasteless food. The problem with this principle that I have however is the fact that I believe eating like this is deleterious over time for your health. Factors such as very high omega 6:omega 3 ratio and cholesterol intake may contribute to future cardiovascular disease. The key is moderation. Eat your junkfood, but in moderation.
Team Yates

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »
Dr Connelly:

"A calorie is a calorie is nonsense!"

Thank God.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »
Apenis do you think you are as smart as Dr Connelly in regards to diet, supplementation, protein, and nutrition.  Also, what kind of college degree do have related in these fields and what kind of actual experience do you have other than reading stuff on the internet and cut & pasting it on here and other boards.  Just wondering cause it would really help you if you had anything to support your gibberish.

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »
As usual great cut and paste job.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »
"a calories is a calorie" - no shit...it's a measure of energy. 1 gram of carbohydrate contains the same amount of potential energy in the form of heat if you burned it as a gram of protein.

"a macronutrient is not a macronutrient" - right. How your body metabolizes the macronutrients is all different.

As far as I know, the Adonis principles state that you need to consume the RDA amount of protein per day and the rest of your calories can be from any source. So long as you consume less calories than your body burns, you will lose weight.

I don't have a problem with this theory - we've seen Adonis's results. He got more ripped than most people who eat super strict, tasteless food. The problem with this principle that I have however is the fact that I believe eating like this is deleterious over time for your health. Factors such as very high omega 6:omega 3 ratio and cholesterol intake may contribute to future cardiovascular disease. The key is moderation. Eat your junkfood, but in moderation.
I was with you until the final part of the last paragraph.  I never eat the same thing day after day.  Why would you assume that food is "good or bad" and that I eat only one certain type of food?

Exit Question: Did you know that 2 slices of Pumpkin Pie contains more Nutrients and Vitamins than a Chicken Breast, Brocolli serving and Oatmeal?

There is your Thanksgiving Fact for the day.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:59 PM »
     The largest component of the body is water. Water makes up between 45 and 75% of body weight, with the variability due primarily to differences in body fat. While most tissues including muscle, skin, and visceral organs are over 70% water, adipose tissue contains less than 10% water. The percentage of body weight that is water therefore varies inversely with body fat. In the average lean adult male around 60% of the body weight is water. The remaining body weight consists of 16-18% fat with 22-24% protein, carbohydrate and other solids. In the female the percentage of body weight that is water is lower due to a relatively greater amount of subcutaneous fat.

Contained inside organs, such as the gastrointestinal, cerebrospinal, and ocular fluids.

This is consistent with the above relations between total body water and the compartmental fluids.

Regardless of opinions on diet this in itself is good info. I have taken this info into account before when drying people out.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 07:53:30 PM »
Exit Question: Did you know that 2 slices of Pumpkin Pie contain more Nutrients and Vitamins than a Chicken Breast, Brocolli serving and Oatmeal?

A lot of cheat food are no where near as bad as they are made out to be. I'm not a "calorie is a calorie" person by any means, but if I cheat eating 1000 calories of vanilla ice cream as opposed to 1000 calories of twinkies, I'm going to feel a lot better eating the ice cream.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
Adonis, 'scott' is a doctor, please refer to him as such.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
A lot of cheat food are no where near as bad as they are made out to be. I'm not a "calorie is a calorie" person by any means, but if I cheat eating 1000 calories of vanilla ice cream as opposed to 1000 calories of twinkies, I'm going to feel a lot better eating the ice cream.
See I wouldn`t label it as a "cheat" food.  Doing so is not only misnomer, it is untruthful and disengenuious and continues to spread a myth and further the folklore and meme of acceptable vs. unacceptable daily foods.

Ice Cream as Functional Food:

Question: How can frozen desserts participate in the functional foods trend?

Answer: Ice cream and similar products are inherently good sources of nutrition. They also are good carriers of value-added ingredients including nutrients and nutraceuticals not normally found in frozen desserts. Ice cream can be easily flavored and colored to match virtually any added nutrient and can hold within its structure both particulate and semi-solid inclusions. Fortification can be as simple as adding protein, vitamins, minerals or complex carbohydrate. It can be a bit more complex through the addition of a variety of biologically active "nutraceutical" compounds. In frozen novelty applications, the value-added ingredient could be added topically in the form of a crisp or chip, or with cone novelties, the cone itself can be an effective carrier.
In most cases, the impact of added ingredients on ice cream behavior and properties can be anticipated and managed. For example, the impact on freezing behavior and heat shock stability is directly related to the amount, type and point of addition of ingredient. Background flavors or masking agents can be used to address negative flavor effects. Label statements such as nutrient content claims can be easily engineered into almost any given formula or product. Keep in mind that because many frozen desserts contain air (overrun) and have a relatively small serving size (a half-cup,) the ability to add enough of a given nutrient to achieve any given claim is limited.

From a marketing perspective, there is always the issue of the FDA-required disclosure statement when making health, nutrient content or structure/function claims. Disclosure statements are required when the per reference amount of the food exceeds 13g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol or 480mg sodium. Health claims, which relate specific nutrients to migration of specific diseases, are limited and difficult to execute in frozen dairy desserts. Nutrient content claims specifically address the presence, absence or quantity of a specific nutrient. Such claims are realistic in frozen desserts. Structure/function claims relate a specific nutrient to a healthful side benefit. These need to be carefully prepared, supported and designed into the product to adhere to current regulatory requirements.

With all these considerations, frozen desserts most readily adaptable to nutrient fortification and inclusion of nutraceuticals are either low-fat or nonfat ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, sherbet and water ice. With care, these frozen dairy desserts can be used successfully to deliver unique nutritional benefits to consumers beyond the basic nutrition of current products. It's important to remember, though, that frozen dairy desserts are positioned as "fun food" and consumers may have difficulty accepting them as products delivering more than basic nutrition.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
I was with you until the final part of the last paragraph.  I never eat the same thing day after day.  Why would you assume that food is "good or bad" and that I eat only one certain type of food?

Exit Question: Did you know that 2 slices of Pumpkin Pie contains more Nutrients and Vitamins than a Chicken Breast, Brocolli serving and Oatmeal?

There is your Thanksgiving Fact for the day.

cool I just finished two slices of Enntemans Pumpkin pie and then read your post...this stuff is amazing.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 08:03:59 PM »

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »
meme

noun
a cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one person to another by non-genetic means (as by imitation); "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes" 

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Cite This Source

meme philosophy
/meem/ [By analogy with "gene"] Richard Dawkins's term for an idea considered as a replicator, especially with the connotation that memes parasitise people into propagating them much as viruses do.
Memes can be considered the unit of cultural evolution. Ideas can evolve in a way analogous to biological evolution. Some ideas survive better than others; ideas can mutate through, for example, misunderstandings; and two ideas can recombine to produce a new idea involving elements of each parent idea.
The term is used especially in the phrase "meme complex" denoting a group of mutually supporting memes that form an organised belief system, such as a religion. However, "meme" is often misused to mean "meme complex".
Use of the term connotes acceptance of the idea that in humans (and presumably other tool- and language-using sophonts) cultural evolution by selection of adaptive ideas has become more important than biological evolution by selection of hereditary traits. Hackers find this idea congenial for tolerably obvious reasons.
See also memetic algorithm.
[The Jargon File]
(1996-08-11)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »
Adam couple of questions. Why do you pick 2000 cals for a cutting diet? Wouldn't it be different for someone who weighs more and has more muscle? Also, I know your views on protein intake, what if someone was getting slightly more than 1 gr per pound, do you feel that is detrimental?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 08:06:29 PM »
I'll take 350kcal of premium copper river salmon over 350kcal of refined sugar any day of the week and twice on Sunday

ok

maybe even three times on Sunday

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »
As usual great cut and paste job.
You can`t post anything but scientific fact.  I don`t see how I could have answered this any different or how could anyone for that matter.

Exit Question to you Jame Hetfield: Can you please demonstrate how you would have answered the question and your modus operandi?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 08:08:23 PM »
I'll take 350kcal of premium copper river salmon over 350kcal of refined sugar any day of the week and twice on Sunday

ok

maybe even three times on Sunday
Why would you eat 350 calories of Sugar by itself?  Why would anyone?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »
cool I just finished two slices of Enntemans Pumpkin pie and then read your post...this stuff is amazing.

Yea I hear ya.  If Apenis keeps saying pumpkin pie is better than that other stuff I may change my whole attitude about him ;) ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:29 PM »
Why would you eat 350 calories of Sugar by itself?  Why would anyone?

a calorie is a calorie (not)

gross daily kcals matter