Author Topic: Statement from the Obama camp on the Mumbai attacks  (Read 5088 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Statement from the Obama camp on the Mumbai attacks
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:07 PM »
Apparently they didn't do enough. How  quiet would things be if we nuked, yeah nuked, the tribal regions in Pakistan. Cry me a river, better their kids then ours. I could care less. Look what these bastards did in India. They all need to go.

Not very quiet ...you seem to forget that Pakistan also has nukes.

By that last sentence, are you implying that you have Indian children, ...or that you care about Indian children?
...who according to you are worth less than your dogs? And when you say they all need to go, who is the ALL you refer to? Pakistanis? ...Indians? or both?
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »
Let's get off the Oil (ie. use alternative fuels) and leave these idiots to themselves - they won't be able to finance terrorism without the oil money.
Sounds good in theory.
But do you really think that Exxon and other US oil companies would allow that?
They have one of their top guys, Cheney, as the current VP.
Their lobby is extremely powerful.
Why do you think everyone are so crazy about drilling in previously barred areas all of a sudden?
The oil lobby would much rather keep drilling there instead of USA developing alternative fuel sources. 
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 05:14:18 AM »
Sounds good in theory.
But do you really think that Exxon and other US oil companies would allow that?
They have one of their top guys, Cheney, as the current VP.
Their lobby is extremely powerful.
Why do you think everyone are so crazy about drilling in previously barred areas all of a sudden?
The oil lobby would much rather keep drilling there instead of USA developing alternative fuel sources. 

There is no viable alternative to oil.  We need to keep drilling domestically and maybe try something like Brazil has done. 

Anyone who thinks there is a viable alternative as good as oil for the same price is delusional.  It does not exist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 05:15:35 AM »
Apparently they didn't do enough. How  quiet would things be if we nuked, yeah nuked, the tribal regions in Pakistan. Cry me a river, better their kids then ours. I could care less. Look what these bastards did in India. They all need to go.

Pakistan does not have control over these regions and has not shown a willingness to take control of these savages.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:37 AM »
Not very quiet ...you seem to forget that Pakistan also has nukes.

By that last sentence, are you implying that you have Indian children, ...or that you care about Indian children?
...who according to you are worth less than your dogs? And when you say they all need to go, who is the ALL you refer to? Pakistanis? ...Indians? or both?

Jag, I care about my kids, American kids, American citizens...not some kid in a cave in Pakistan, and neither do u. Saying u do, does nothing for that kid. Nor do I care about some Palistinian kid. Hamas makes those kids' targets, they should care about their own damm kids, stgop arming them, teaching em hate etc, and work out a deal with Israel. Since thats fuzzy bunny land thinking, I won't hold my breath. I expect rational people to act rationally. The Russians proved they love their children too, they folded without a shot. These murderous bastards prove on a daily basis that all they embrace is hate. Fine, die in a fire then.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 07:22:13 AM »
There is no viable alternative to oil.  We need to keep drilling domestically and maybe try something like Brazil has done. 

Anyone who thinks there is a viable alternative as good as oil for the same price is delusional.  It does not exist.

How do you know this?

Who told you this?

Five years ago everyone in the USA were dead positive that big SUV's were the only cars that were possible to drive.

Now there are hybrids.

Are you gonna tell me that people who's been able to fit a more powerful computer into a small mobile phone than into any type of computer that was available back in the 80's, will not be able to find solutions for how to drive our cars?

I tell you what: The Germans are already experimenting with gas cars as well as battery cars.

The Japanese already have cars running on batteries.

They're trying to find new ways.

Is the oil lobby going to be allowed to hold back the evolution of the US car industry a final time?

As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 07:29:47 AM »
U need to look at the countries doing it. Japan for instance. Hedge, have u been to Japan? They have a good transit system that many people use. Their roads are made for smaller cars and there are more of them. They also have a smaller country with less distances to travel. That would not work in Texas or Montana. Have u been to the states?

Germany has much of the same, but if u've driven on the autobahn, I find it hard to believe that many of the Germans driving big Mercs and BMW's are going to give em up to drive electric cars. We need to drill, we need natural gas, we need it all until X product is invented.

Many Americans' don't want small cars. Unless I buy a Merc, I will never buy a car again.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 07:34:14 AM »

How do you know this?

Who told you this?

Five years ago everyone in the USA were dead positive that big SUV's were the only cars that were possible to drive.

Now there are hybrids.

Are you gonna tell me that people who's been able to fit a more powerful computer into a small mobile phone than into any type of computer that was available back in the 80's, will not be able to find solutions for how to drive our cars?

I tell you what: The Germans are already experimenting with gas cars as well as battery cars.

The Japanese already have cars running on batteries.

They're trying to find new ways.

Is the oil lobby going to be allowed to hold back the evolution of the US car industry a final time?

You made my point.  If a viable alternative existed, we would have it.  If you want to believe in conspiracies that the oil companies are stopping viable alternativesm you are sadly mistaken.

Remember, not only do we need an alternative, but one that does not cost more than oil itself.  

Batteries are not perfected yet for mass production of cars and ethanol and bio fuels are a wasteful joke.

Dollar for dollar, oil is still the best fuel to run vehicles.

We need to drill more of our own oil until a viable alternative exists to keep the prices stable.  

If we do not, tjhe prices are going to go right back up to $4.00 a gallon.  

More supply equal less cost.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 07:39:07 AM »
I agree, the Oil companies aren't stupid. They would love to be the ones to develop X product and bring it to market. They are already postioned to do so. U would think the libs would be all for getting out of the Middle East and drilling more here, but they're slaves to the nutbag invirowackjob wing of the Dem party.There is no compromise with these people. If u want to un intangle urself from the Saudi's, then u need domestic oil. American's aren't going to stand for a massive drop in the standard of living to appease a barn owl or woodpecker.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 07:47:11 AM »
U need to look at the countries doing it. Japan for instance. Hedge, have u been to Japan? They have a good transit system that many people use. Their roads are made for smaller cars and there are more of them. They also have a smaller country with less distances to travel. That would not work in Texas or Montana. Have u been to the states?

Germany has much of the same, but if u've driven on the autobahn, I find it hard to believe that many of the Germans driving big Mercs and BMW's are going to give em up to drive electric cars. We need to drill, we need natural gas, we need it all until X product is invented.

Many Americans' don't want small cars. Unless I buy a Merc, I will never buy a car again.

Japan and parts of Europe has great highspeed railway systems. That kind of infrastructure is something that could be invested in with the coming rescue package.

Also the the highway standard needs to be brought up to the level of autobahn.

I talked to a guy who worked in China. He told me that when he started working there 10 years ago, the highway to and from the airport had one lane.

And there were almost no cars.

After awhile, it started to get crowded.

Then two more lanes, top quality, were built in under two years.

On a road that stretched at least 50 miles.

I haven't been to Japan.

But I've lived in the USA for a while.

I know of the distances.

We have quite some distances too.

The gas car I was referring to was a big Audi in the luxury class.

There is development in biodiesel engines, allowing for a bigger part biodiesel.

And look at five years ago.

I know many on this board only one or two years ago argued that small cars would not sell in the USA.

But look at what brands are doing well and what brands are near bankruptcy.

It doesn't even matter if the USA starts to drill in preserved areas.

Because OPEC is cutting down its production to keep the price up anyway.

Get rid of the dependancy once and for all instead.

As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2008, 07:49:29 AM »
There is no viable alternative to oil. 

LOL... you remind me of the guy at the patent office who declared there were no uses for the computer, about a hundred years ago...

At the very least, most agree that nanotech will allow us to create unlimited amounts of damn near anything within a few generations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2008, 07:51:39 AM »
LOL... you remind me of the guy at the patent office who declared there were no uses for the computer, about a hundred years ago...

At the very least, most agree that nanotech will allow us to create unlimited amounts of damn near anything within a few generations.

Im talking about now.  Other than oil, please tell me what you are going to run vehicles on in the next five years that is reliable, proven, and cost effective?????

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2008, 07:56:35 AM »
Ur not wrong Hedge but I disagree with some points. Here in KC (Kansas City) they tried to pass a lite rail bill. The initial plan was for one rail going north to south with one stop on either end. It was a test bed plan and would take 3 years to build. Nobody wanted it. This is a major US city without any other means to get around except bus.  U see plenty of public transit on in the North East, but its a culture thing. U don't see it as much in the West  etc. Small cars are selling but its regional. I'm stationed in the Mid West, u see mostly SUV's and pick-ups. I went home to Boston..East Coast...over the summer and all u see is smaller cars. Our highways are very good, maybe some need maintanance but the general layout works fine. Its funny, American companies in Europe do well, they sell smaller cars.U see alot of cars from the big 3 that u won't find in the US.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
Im talking about now.  Other than oil, please tell me what you are going to run vehicles on in the next five years that is reliable, proven, and cost effective?????

in 5 years - with proper focus and funding - we can have made major inroads into another energy arena.  It's possible with these things, that in 10 years we can be well into a new source and perhaps 'off' oil in 15-20 years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
in 5 years - with proper focus and funding - we can have made major inroads into another energy arena.  It's possible with these things, that in 10 years we can be well into a new source and perhaps 'off' oil in 15-20 years.

That's fine, but right now we need oil, require oil, use oil, depend on oil, for travel in cars, trucks, boats, places,
goods, products, heating, etc.

Until we have an alternative that can fill those needs, at least partially, we need to focus on domestic exploration and telling OPEC and the arabs to find a new line of work.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2008, 08:31:58 AM »
I would suggest farming...o' wait can't grow shit in sand...well guess maybe they'll starve.
L