Author Topic: In the gym strongman training...  (Read 8553 times)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: In the gym strongman training...
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
Whats the matter with someone trying to make a living? At least we know who they are and legit.
Let him pay for ads like the rest of the "legit" companies do! Chris is a whiner and his company will never being able to compete on any decent level.
I am a big baby

The Coach

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
What is your opinion on spammers? That's the one thing I can't stand is people who come here to sell their products.

See, I spam on different boards because I can get athletes to do this......and I get a ton of busness from it.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »
Thanks, Duvall is cool 8)

Yeah, he's an amazing actor. BTW, I don't know how you PT so much, The Coach. I've done fitness instructing / personal training part-time and while I loved it most of the time (esp. PT with good clients who loved being pushed), I could never do it full-time. Just incredibly draining mentally and physically.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 10:13:12 PM »
See, I spam on different boards because I can get athletes to do this......and I get a ton of busness from it.

The kid is too short for the NBA. Whats the point?
I am a big baby

The Coach

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
Let him pay for ads like the rest of the "legit" companies do! Chris is a whiner and his company will never being able to compete on any decent level.

He does and I do, but if you can advertise for free to cut overhead or meet a budget, then it's worth. It's business. He does newsletters and I do newsletters......again, free advertising. I guaranty we both get more business than critisism.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »
Yeah, he's an amazing actor. BTW, I don't know how you PT so much, The Coach. I've done fitness instructing / personal training part-time and while I loved it most of the time (esp. PT with good clients who loved being pushed), I could never do it full-time. Just incredibly draining mentally and physically.

Thats why he has his wife do it!
I am a big baby

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2008, 10:18:51 PM »
Whats the matter with someone trying to make a living? At least we know who they are and legit.

He can't have it both ways, he can't call 80% of us idiots and then start his stupid threads about his stupid sales every week.

E

The Coach

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »
The kid is too short for the NBA. Whats the point?

A box jump like this is a good test of explosivness, it's an indication of speed and quickness and power. One of the tests in an NFL combine is the veritcal leap.

The Coach

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
He can't have it both ways, he can't call 80% of us idiots and then start his stupid threads about his stupid sales every week.

But the people who know him, trust him and are serious will buy from him and they know he has the reputation of having great products. Same with me, I get shit all the time and give it right back but I still have an inbox on here full of requests about training and at about 10 that I'm training.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »
But the people who know him, trust him and are serious will buy from him and they know he has the reputation of having great products. Same with me, I get shit all the time and give it right back but I still have an inbox on here full of requests about training and at about 10 that I'm training.

Bottom line is this is Rons site and "trolling" is allowed, but spamming your products is not. It's Rons rule and when Chris breaks it he is being disrespectful to Ron.
E

The Coach

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »
Bottom line is this is Rons site and "trolling" is allowed, but spamming your products is not. It's Rons rule and when Chris breaks it he is being disrespectful to Ron.

Your freaking joking right, since when does anyone follow anything on here?

A board where you can gossip about the bodybuilding and fitness industry, whatever is on your mind, and discuss all. No racist or foul language, and no baseless attacks

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2008, 10:34:23 PM »
Your freaking joking right, since when does anyone follow anything on here?

A board where you can gossip about the bodybuilding and fitness industry, whatever is on your mind, and discuss all. No racist or foul language, and no baseless attacks

Coach if everyone spammed their products on here this place would suck, you know this and it can't be argued.
E

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »
Coach if everyone spammed their products on here this place would suck, you know this and it can't be argued.

FACT.

dayweed

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »
Strong guy in that first vid.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2008, 07:56:19 AM »
Strong man competetitor for what - midget class? He wasnt really impressive. Physique was pretty piss poor and its obvious hes on the juice.
::)

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2008, 08:07:32 AM »
All this "complex" circuit training shit makes me laugh...

I'm not gonna lie I go suckered in to training like this for a while too...I mean something so crazy has got to give you gains right?

The basic gimmick is make things so confusing and changing week to week that you can't measure your own progress and the guy that makes the wacky program is supposedly justifying his paycheck...

Newsflash: If you want to be big you have to lift heavy.  The best way to lift heavy is to do heavy sets, catch your breath in between sets and get enough nutrition before and after the workout.  No PT required.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:47 AM »

I'm not gonna lie I go suckered in to training like this for a while too...I mean something so crazy has got to give you gains right?

The basic gimmick is make things so confusing and changing week to week that you can't measure your own progress and the guy that makes the wacky program is supposedly justifying his paycheck...

Newsflash: If you want to be big you have to lift heavy.  The best way to lift heavy is to do heavy sets, catch your breath in between sets and get enough nutrition before and after the workout.  No PT required.

BOOM !  I also like how people will go to a trainer and then say "I've been working out for a year and I've never been that sore."  He had them juggling kettlebells while balancing on a bosu on one foot....or some other useless shit that is bound to make you sore because you have never done it before.   :-\

The Coach

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »

If you are referring to me, I track all my athletes progress. This circuit is an IN SEASON routine designed to keep his offseason strength. You think this a gimmick?

The Coach

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2008, 08:47:06 AM »
QFT. FTW.

Much wisdom in this simple statement. If you aren't doing this, you are wasting time.

So you think it's that simple? It's a flawed statement in the way threre are no sets or reps mentioned. Or you are you HIT type of people that thinks HIT gets you big? Give me set and rep range and rest time.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2008, 08:54:11 AM »
If you are referring to me, I track all my athletes progress. This circuit is an IN SEASON routine designed to keep his offseason strength. You think this a gimmick?

Wasn't referring to one person, but the workout style depicted in the videos posted...Crazy workout programs are gimmicks.

Results comes from hard work and nutrition...not some wacky new way to do pushup or some new exercise invented by charles glass on swiss balls.

Tim nice but dim

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2008, 08:56:26 AM »
Wasn't referring to one person, but the workout style depicted in the videos posted...Crazy workout programs are gimmicks.

Results comes from hard work and nutrition...not some wacky new way to do pushup or some new exercise invented by charles glass on swiss balls.
Haha, exactly. These guys are just trying to bullshit an ignorant public because they couldn't handle a real job.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2008, 09:00:14 AM »
So you think it's that simple? It's a flawed statement in the way threre are no sets or reps mentioned. Or you are you HIT type of people that thinks HIT gets you big? Give me set and rep range and rest time.

6-10 reps per exercise; total sets and rest time can vary by individual.  I rest about 90 to 120 seconds per exercise; should be enough that you could do your last lift at the same weight without losing more than a couple reps. Increase the weight every set; 3 to 4 sets per exercise 8-15 sets depending on bodypart, nutrition etc.

Pretty simple stuff...

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2008, 09:01:41 AM »
Haha, exactly. These guys are just trying to bullshit am ignorant public because they couldn't handle a real job.

Bullshitting a pillar of entrerpreneurship.  Not gonna hate on people for making a living.

The Coach

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »

Actually they are not gimmicks, they are proven methods of training. It depends on what you are training for. If you understand why this person in that video is training the way he's training, then it make sense. In most cases my strength protocol for athletes always starts with a power exercise as a single exercise after that I go to a pair (superset) of 2 large muscle group after that I go to a tri-set of 3 muscle groups. The more motor units recruited in an exercise, the faster you get stronger as well as improve conditioning. This is a proven method of strength training. So the it makes total sense to train the way that guy did in Chris' video. In strongman, you obviosely need strength, but you need athetisism as well as a great deal of conditioning.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »
Danielson, quit moaning and go watch some more 90210. 
w